Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedoph...

Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad

There are 3049 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not so bad. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

"The God of the Qur'an is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2128 Jan 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? So the way you wipe you a$$ is 90% of your religion and you continues to cleanse yourselves in the way taught in the 6th century. Personally I am of the understanding that personal health any hygiene has moved on considerably since then.
Honey it was not me that went fooking ballistic when I asked the question of why some Muslims stank of sh|t? That was you and you still never actually answered the question opting to the good old incredulous foot stomping and the quran says instead.
Christine you are being narrow minded because you keep not taking in consideration the time of Mohammed, Give me one culture that implied written personal hygiene Rules with so many details, give me one civilization that implied accurate teachings for dealing with the environment and give me one more culture that gave animals rights 1400 years ago.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope of course you don’t find yourself a hypocrite, hypocrites never do, that does not change the fact that you blew wholesale at me for asking a question and you use exactly the same implication to your opposition and expect no one to question your ethics? That my dear is hypocritical.
I don't get your point.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is a great amount of not only your religion but also just about any religion that can be disagreed with, criticised even scientifically proven to be utter bollocks. The fact that your religion is based on the Hebrew abrahmic god stories only makes it easy to disagree with because so much of Tanakh has been disproved then so much of the books it spawned are subject to the same refute.
Alright, then how come non of these religions state any economical, social and political Accurate rules ??
How come non of these religions gave any rights for women ?? Judaism and Christianity Blame Eve for seducing Adam to eat from the tree except with Islam.

Islam is the only religion that makes men and women equal in duties in front of Allah.

I do believe in all previous prophets but unfortunately we lost most of the original scriptures not necessarily these scriptures were fabricated intentionally, maybe they were only lost in translations from a language to another.

Islam completes Judaism and Christianity with Economical, political, social and environmental teachings, the essence of Judaism and Christianity is spiritual and focuses on ethics only but Christians chose to make Jesus god or the son of god and Jews made Ezra the son of god.

hence Islam is different because it covers every aspect of life and that's why Mohammed is the latest messenger and prophet.

Location hidden

#2131 Jan 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Then I'd probably ask why islam's space programme seems to consist of Iran strapping a terrified monkey to a very puny rocket.
<quoted text>
I hate Iran way more than you do, we may have disagreements with Iranians more than we do with Israelis.

Location hidden

#2132 Jan 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
We can't speak the same language yet when I call my dog it can definitely see and hear me very clearly indeed.
<quoted text>
Whats your point ??
Jim

London, UK

#2135 Jan 29, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine you are being narrow minded because you keep not taking in consideration the time of Mohammed, Give me one culture that implied written personal hygiene Rules with so many details, give me one civilization that implied accurate teachings for dealing with the environment and give me one more culture that gave animals rights 1400 years ago.
<quoted text>
I don't get your point.
<quoted text>
Alright, then how come non of these religions state any economical, social and political Accurate rules ??
How come non of these religions gave any rights for women ?? Judaism and Christianity Blame Eve for seducing Adam to eat from the tree except with Islam.
Islam is the only religion that makes men and women equal in duties in front of Allah.
I do believe in all previous prophets but unfortunately we lost most of the original scriptures not necessarily these scriptures were fabricated intentionally, maybe they were only lost in translations from a language to another.
Islam completes Judaism and Christianity with Economical, political, social and environmental teachings, the essence of Judaism and Christianity is spiritual and focuses on ethics only but Christians chose to make Jesus god or the son of god and Jews made Ezra the son of god.
hence Islam is different because it covers every aspect of life and that's why Mohammed is the latest messenger and prophet.
Verified idiots with no proof of god don't get to call others narrow minded.
Jim

London, UK

#2136 Jan 29, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate Iran way more than you do, we may have disagreements with Iranians more than we do with Israelis.
The religious story you're telling us by lying to us doesn't really work in the 21st century anymore.

People are smarter now and can see through this religious bullish*t much faster than previous generations.
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#2137 Jan 29, 2014
One thing I have noticed is that all these Abrahamic prophets, all of them cropped up in Palestine and its surrounding regions.- nowhere else.

Location hidden

#2138 Jan 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
That's religious schisms for you.
The Northern Irish protestants and catholics hate each other way more than they hate other religions.
<quoted text>
Islam should be judged by its principles and fundamentals, not by the behavior of its followers.

Location hidden

#2139 Jan 29, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that all these Abrahamic prophets, all of them cropped up in Palestine and its surrounding regions.- nowhere else.
Some scholars say that Budha may have been a prophet but his followers through years turned him into god.

Jesus was sent in Jerusalem, Moses was in Egypt most likely and Mohammed lived in Mekkah

"By the fig and the olive, And [by] Mount Sinai, And [by] this secure city [Makkah]"

Some scholars say that the oath of fig and olives is an indication for the significance of such fruits and maybe at the same time refer to locations as Palestine is known for olive trees.

Mount Sinai is supposed to be the mountain where Moses conversed Allah.
you should also check the nutritional benefits of olive oil and the way figs are fertilized you'll be shocked.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#2140 Jan 29, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Some scholars say that Budha may have been a prophet but his followers through years turned him into god.
Jesus was sent in Jerusalem, Moses was in Egypt most likely and Mohammed lived in Mekkah
"By the fig and the olive, And [by] Mount Sinai, And [by] this secure city [Makkah]"
Some scholars say that the oath of fig and olives is an indication for the significance of such fruits and maybe at the same time refer to locations as Palestine is known for olive trees.
Mount Sinai is supposed to be the mountain where Moses conversed Allah.
you should also check the nutritional benefits of olive oil and the way figs are fertilized you'll be shocked.
What's your point? What has olive oil and fig got to do with anything I wrote?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#2142 Jan 30, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
it seems like you forgot that the Same Aisha narrated the Hadith, and after the flick Mohammed and Aisha continued their conversation, besides that is a Hadith not Quran (you said I am trying to make Quran more acceptable to people).

, I gotta a feeling that you should see the reward part in Quranic Verses.
So you excuse or deliberately ignore the fact that, by her own words, this “flick”(sic) caused pain? Funny how people will discuss the pain they have suffered isn’t it, you don’t need a hadith for that, just pay visit any abused women shelter.

So making the Hadiths more acceptable does not also make the Quran more acceptable? Thank you for that valuable snippet.

WTF has love got to do with that fact that he caused her pain? There are many abusive people who love their partner.

Why are you trying so hard to excuse (with irrelevance) the abusive actions of your prophet? Oh I get it’s, it’s because he is you prophet, the one you worship and so in your eyes he can do no wrong?- Rather like the jesus complex and other god stories. A little information for you, Mohammed was a human being, he was a man, he was violent and he was power mad. The only reason he did not turn out as infamous as Hitler is a little matter of 1500 years.

Yes I have stated this before, that makes no difference to the fact that today’s civilisation (most of it anyway) sees such as paedophilia. Now you may be happy to live by dark age mores and screw little children but me, I’ll take my morality as understood today thank you.

There is little evidence to show that temperature has any but the slightest difference. There is evidence to say that puberty in girls begins between ages 10 and 13 on average but this can range up to 18 depending mostly on nutrition and altitude and has very little to do with heat. The average age of puberty has dropped in the last 150 years as nutrition has improved, the implication being that further in the past the age was higher. So are you telling me that the lands of the middle east are lower than say the lands of Holland? Or are you saying nutrition was better in the deserts of the middle east 1500 years ago than now? Or maybe it’s just another of your quranic sciences?

Ahh right so you are free to pick and choose which Hadith you want to see as real and which as false. Thank you for informing us.

Check the above response. That is not science, that is guesswork but you are free to name it whatever you wish if it makes you feel better.

Wrong. You made the statement it is up to you to defend what you have written otherwise it is worthless. The internet is full of the same exclamations as you put out, without any evidence, this is called hear say and/or faith, often based on fundamentalism but rarely on fact. There is also the tenet that 98% of what is on the internet is wrong, hence the reason I use google scholar to access peer reviewed academic sources rather than wikipedia and islamtoday.

Why are you taking responsibility for my logic? WTF has fear of a god got to do with criminality? In fact the opposite is true, certainly in the US, a far higher prison population are religions compared with general population, why? is it because they believe god will forgive them?

What reward part? 72 virgins for murder? Nope for several reasons, have you ever considered the torture of being stuck with 72 immature girls all terribly excited at the thought of being raped by some murderous pervert with a beard?

#2143 Jan 30, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I said if you believed in a creator , do you think he would communicate with his creatures and if he did what is the best possible way to ??!
<quoted text>
that wasn’t a personal question, I need to know what is the definition of a perfect life in your eyes ?? And even if you are ecstatically Happy with your life; you still gonna die someday, you still have to wakeup everyday in the morning, you are still getting older and you still may get sick at anytime.
I know what you said, here let me quote you

“if you ever believed in a creator; what do you think would be the best way to excite humans for doing good and keep them away from doing bad ??”

it is rather like me asking you not to believe in your god, it is total irrelevance to the way I think hence my reply which was based on how I understand the universe, not how I understand a myth. Perhaps not what you wanted to hear but that just tough, I am not you.

You also asked and I quote –

“another question; are you happy with your life??”

Note the “you” and the “your” That sounded pretty personal to me. However you now ask for perfect life in general? I think Maslow had it pretty accurate with his hierarchy of needs. Look it up.

Back to personally although represented in the above named study

A life in which one can in general say they engender happiness in those around them and that happiness is reciprocated. With the addition of a life in which you do not need to worry weather you are pleasing your god crutch because the life you lead transcends the need for mythical props.

You seem to think I am afraid of life and death, we all die some day, it does not matter if you are me or you are Muslim, welcome to the club. However statistically at least my life will exceed yours by four of five years, there does that make you feel better? The difference between our views of death is that your faith, not fact dictates what you believe will happen to you , with me it is fact that allows me to know what will happen after I die, not belief in mythology, magic and unfounded dreams.

I quite enjoy waking up in the morning, it is by far preferable to the alternative.

Yes age comes to us all, it is a fundamental aspect of the universe, the arrow of time only travels one way, what has that to do with worshipping a myth?

And illness too, it happens to us all, including Muslims so what is your point?. Funnily enough I am just at the gravely throat, odd sneeze, runny nose, muzzy headache beginning of a cold. I will get over it but thank you for your concern.

#2144 Jan 30, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't get your point.
<quoted text>
I am taking into consideration the time of Mohammed, however the time is NOW, not then. And what can I say, any faith the instructs how to wipe your a$$ is a faith that has no faith in it’s followers. Really this is nothing to boast about, it implies that you need a god to look after your personal hygiene. Funny really I have no god and I can wash and wipe my own a$$ and I am so confident of my cleanliness that I am able to eat, without fear of contamination or disease, with both hands if I so choose.

As for animal rights? Halal rights? Been here, discussed that and you seem to have bottled out at the vast amounts of evidence to showing the cruelty. However, animals have for the most part always had rights, except in a couple of religions that deem humanity above animals, one being christianity. The earliest humans considered them to be as worthy as themselves to the extent of burying them with their family. The earliest known religions were Indian, the flourished some 10000 years ago and revered animals, some still do. Islam did not have the exclusive rights, what I can see of Muslim animals rights is the right to be violently and cruelly slaughtered and is on par with the Muslim idea of woman rights.

No you wouldn’t get my point, for the very reasons I stated.

You said that I cannot disagree with your religion. I said I could and do. Actually religions are all about social rules, thou shalt not etc… And although religions have often tried to influence politics and economics they inevitably fail. Yours is a young religion relatively speaking, you will learn my son…

Ahh such a coincidence, see 2nd paragraph. You still don’t get it do you? Yes we have seen the Muslim stance on woman’s rights, we have discussed it and we have provided verses from your holy books and still you refuse to acknowledge that the rights to beat women, treat them as slaves, rape them at will are not actually beneficial rights. The fact that you even comprehend woman to be in need of ‘womans’ rights is sick. Women are exactly as human as men and thus are subject to the same rights, human rights, there should be no need to differentiate as they did back in the 6th century when right were a matter of who had the biggest stick.

Changing the rules after the fact does not make any difference to the fact that you are still basing you faith on mythology.

Mohammed is your latest prophet because he was the hardest, baddest, most violent nut job on the block

#2146 Jan 30, 2014
Thinking wrote:
One retarded thing about the 72 virgins lie is that, being muslim, they will have 72 honour killing obsessed fathers, 216 honour killing obsessed brothers and 360 honour killing obsessed uncles.
So good luck with that, martyr!
<quoted text>
And with 72 honour killing obsessed fathers, 216 honour killing obsessed brothers and 360 honour killing obsessed uncles and the muslim idea that if she’s old enough to bleed then she’s old enough to fook, have you any idea how hard it will be to find a virgin?

#2148 Jan 30, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Good point. Most of the virgins will probably just be goats in burkas.
<quoted text>
Whatever turns them on

I have a couple of goats and now you have me worried…

Location hidden

#2150 Jan 30, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? What has olive oil and fig got to do with anything I wrote?
I suppose you were saying that Abrahamic religions mostly come from the middle east, Palestine ..etc So I brought you a Surah from Quran with an oath by those specific locations.

I was Just trying to make a normal conversation, how is your writing goin ?
you are writing a book about the Iranian revolution right ??

Location hidden

#2151 Jan 30, 2014
Thinking wrote:
One retarded thing about the 72 virgins lie is that, being muslim, they will have 72 honour killing obsessed fathers, 216 honour killing obsessed brothers and 360 honour killing obsessed uncles.
So good luck with that, martyr!
<quoted text>
Al hur al Ein dont have any fathers, beside in heaven there is no such thing as killing or anything bad, there are hundreds of Quranic verses and hadiths with detailed description of both hell and heaven.

Location hidden

#2152 Jan 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And with 72 honour killing obsessed fathers, 216 honour killing obsessed brothers and 360 honour killing obsessed uncles and the muslim idea that if she’s old enough to bleed then she’s old enough to fook, have you any idea how hard it will be to find a virgin?
I know you don't care that much , but the virgins of heaven are not from earth, they are humans made by Allah and lived in heaven their entire life and would stay there for eternity.

#2155 Jan 31, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Bless... My wife kept a goat called Caroline when she was growing up.
<quoted text>
They are great, the kids (no pun) call ours Pepperoni and Choriozo and the names have stuck.

Also got 2 geese, 4 ducks, 7 hens, 2 cats, 3 children and 1 husband and there are so many wild birds that it can sometimes be that you need to shout when in the garden. Breakfast time is a riot.

We also seem opt have acquired a hedgehog that’s adopted the brush in the shed, about 20 frogs live in the pond (but spring is on the way so more to come)

Did the RSPB garden bird count last Sunday. One hour, mostly rain and spotted 2 robins, 5 doves, 4 blackbirds, 3 magpies, 8 starlings turned up for a fight, 3 blue tits, 1 coal tit, 47 sparrows (at one time so not double counted) and it all went quiet when a goshawk decided to take a look see.

#2156 Jan 31, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't care that much , but the virgins of heaven are not from earth, they are humans made by Allah and lived in heaven their entire life and would stay there for eternity.
Ahh right so you are saying that allah condones rape to the extent that he manufactures victims juts to please his perversions?

You say they are magic and mythical virgins that don’t have any evidence for their existence, so in reality they are just another story. Not really worth bombing women and children for then is it?

I really do not think that you guys have thought this aspect of you faith through properly.

#2159 Jan 31, 2014
Thinking wrote:
That's lovely. I'm guessing that's pretty much the order they get fed too, with yourself in last place?
My sister in Oxford has a pond which turns out two new generations of moorhens each year. Costs her a fortune in duck and swan food. She built a graceful bridge to an artificial island which seems to afford more security to the moorhens. Quite a few make it to adulthood each time.
We get a lot of red kites over our house. I remember seeing one circle my 8 week old puppy as it was exploring our grounds, but they're carrion birds really. There's a cafe a couple of miles away where serious photographers put out meat and can secure pictures of a dozen plus kites at a time.
<quoted text>
The bird table and fat ball feeder are always first, that’s the signal for the rush but other than that, the pecking order is pretty much the same as written. What is hilarious is a goose riding on a goats head guiding it to the food and surrounded by hens and ducks when the goat dips to eat, flapping geese and fluttering hens, indignant ducks and two extremely startled cats who within 10 seconds pretend it all did not happen.

The pond is not really big enough for an island or bridge, that whole area is left to grow semi wild anyway.

We don’t get any kites up here, can’t say I’ve seen any anyway. There are some raptors you see circling or hovering over fields in the distance that are impossible to identify. We don’t often get birds of prey close by, could be that cats I suppose, when one does turn up it’s a bit of an event.

Note on the cats, one is literally petrified of seagulls and I am sure would run and hide when a big bird of prey turns up, the other tends to treat birds with the disdain she thinks they deserve. But mice, that’s a whole different ball game, they make a great wake up present for your owner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 239,801
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr woodtick57 7,608
Is God a Perfect Being? 11 hr Thinking 16
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr ChristineM 2,234
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 13 hr True Christian wi... 137
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 hr ChristineM 19,141
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 19 hr Exodus771 7,512
More from around the web