What might occur if all people became atheists - Could it happen?

Jan 16, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 18

What would happen if all of mankind became atheists? Would there be complete and utter chaos? Most religious people cite faith in a higher power as a force for good.

Full Story

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 29, 2013
the Catholic Church and their leaders who have lied, cheated their parishioners and the world for 2000 years... This expose names names and takes no prisoners...gets past the infallibility claims and public relation campaigns that still go on...for Catholics, ex-Catholics and the world. The mafia, the drugs, weapons, molestations are not the work of the holy...but the work of criminals.

They killed innocent men, women and children. They burned women alive. They condemned science and sent scientists to jail or to death. They used torture to get false confessions. They collaborated with Mussolini, Franco and Hitler. They assisted in the escape of Nazi war criminals. They embezzled gold from Jewish holocaust victims. They abducted, tortured and killed 50,000 children. They spent over $1 billion in payouts to cover up their unending child molestations,, THANK GOD AM A ATHEIST

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3 Jan 29, 2013
Personally I choose to believe in something greater than myself so good luck with that.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Personally, I choose to believe in what is true and can be demonstrated so good luck with that.

Location hidden

#5 Jan 29, 2013
madscot wrote:
Personally, I choose to believe in what is true and can be demonstrated so good luck with that.
lol I've already given my opinion on your "truth" paradox. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#6 Jan 29, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I've already given my opinion on your "truth" paradox. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
And I replied.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 29, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>And I replied.
lol As did I :)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Personally I choose to believe in something greater than myself so good luck with that.
You don't have any proof of god, it doesn't matter what you trick yourself into believing, its certainly not going to become true, simply because you think it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a fact, there was no preparation - another fact you deny.
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jan 30, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Although I'm a Freethinker, I can understand that. But why believe in a grim religion like Christianity that condemns billions to eternal damnation when you're free to believe in a greater good that's not so obsessed with hell?
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#11 Jan 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a fact, there was no preparation - another fact you deny.
It is a theory or considering the rancid pigs who propagate it is best called an opinion.
Typical maltheist, everything you spew is truth because YOU say so!
Goose

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a theory or considering the rancid pigs who propagate it is best called an opinion....
"Rancid pigs" such as --

Baylor University, the largest Baptist University in the world and arguably one of the finest Christian Schools in America has stated: "Evolution, a foundational principle of modern biology, is supported by overwhelming scientific evidence and is accepted by the vast majority of scientists. Because it is fundamental to the understanding of modern biology, the faculty in the Biology Department at Baylor University, Waco, TX, teach evolution throughout the biology curriculum. We are in accordance with the American Association for Advancement of Science's statement on evolution. We are a science department, so we do not teach alternative hypotheses or philosophically deduced theories that cannot be tested rigorously."

Pope John Paul Paul II told the Pontifical Academy of Sciences in 1996 that “new scientific knowledge has led us to the conclusion that the theory of evolution is no longer a mere hypothesis.”

The Church of England, 2009:“Charles Darwin: 200 years from your birth, the Church of England owes you an apology for misunderstanding you and, by getting our first reaction wrong, encouraging others to misunderstand you still."

In the main atrium in Notre Dame’s new Jordan Hall of Science, there is a plaque that reads: "Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#13 Jan 30, 2013
I stick by what I say
Can you show me any evidence of evolution that has been physically observed, anything recent will be fine
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#14 Jan 30, 2013
Yes.
Siro wrote:
Can you show me any evidence of evolution that has been physically observed, anything recent will be fine

Location hidden

#15 Jan 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is a fact, there was no preparation - another fact you deny.
Lol Actually I don't deny the basic premise of evolution, which has nothing to do with God. It's purely scientific. Are you referring to creationism?

Location hidden

#16 Jan 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have any proof of god, it doesn't matter what you trick yourself into believing, its certainly not going to become true, simply because you think it.
Ha Now you're just being silly.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 30, 2013
Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>Although I'm a Freethinker, I can understand that. But why believe in a grim religion like Christianity that condemns billions to eternal damnation when you're free to believe in a greater good that's not so obsessed with hell?
Because Christianity (at its core) is not grim. It's been Romanized to hell and back, but the belief in Jesus as Messiah is not grim. Nor are his teachings. Religion is grim.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#19 Jan 30, 2013
What is more confusing, to believe in no god, or to believe in a false god?

What might occur already has. There are over 32000 variations of the Roman hoax of Christianity all following the same book and each one taking different paths. If this isn't chaos, what is?

The god(s) of conditional love of the Roman hoax of Christianity with it's hellfire and brimstone teaching have done more to introduce confusion, hate, and fear to humanity than all of the so-called non-believers put together!

Atheists are each different in their approach to existence. To lump them all together as a group and then to blame them for what false hate and fear based religions have created is insane.

The nation of Israel accepted an OMNIPRESENT GOD. This GOD is slowly being confirmed as real as we began to explore the foundation of existence.

It is said that the existence of this GOD is self evident. But it isn't self evident to those who worship false god(s) of hate and fear. The hate and fear has blinded the twue believers to the reality of the consciousness that is our foundation. Some call this infinite consciousness GOD, Jesus called it LOVE.

An atheist is actually closer to GOD than those who have accepted the antisemitic Roman version of Patriarchal Hierarchical Christianity and it's various primitive volcano gods of death and destruction.
nOgOd

Rockford, IL

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Q. What might occur if all people became atheists?
A. For starters, the over-all grade point average would skyrocket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Dave Nelson 230,159
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 36 min I can read 23,006
Evidence for God! 1 hr Uncle Sam 3
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 5 hr Thinking 8
Atheist because of art class 10 hr AtheistBodybuilde... 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr Richardfs 1,404
Islam for peace, or violence? 13 hr Thinking 54
Our world came from nothing? 21 hr Thinking 1,061

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE