20+ Questions for Theists

Posted in the Atheism Forum

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 209 of209
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#209
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Lincoln wrote:
Science is silent on God
Odd that atheists talk about God.
The United States is governed by elected officials who are Christian.
President Obama and VP Biden two examples.
Peace
I hope lying to yourself and others makes YOU feel better, at the very least.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#210
May 17, 2013
 
My sister's friends "kidnapped" one of their father's garden gnomes for two years. Whenever anyone went on holiday, they had to take the gnome, photograph it in front of a landmark, print it out and send it "home" as a postcard.

The father went bosmic [Oxford slang for crazy] every time he got a postcard. If it wasn't for the fact that it was too much like hard work, the gnome would still be travelling today...
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Science is silent on unicorns, small, world-traveling garden-gnomes, telekinesis and...
... Rush Limbaugh.
The latter one, mainly due to the total disconnect between reality (science) and the aforementioned radio "celebrity".

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#211
May 17, 2013
 
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Batman, Superman, Spiderman....
.... Harry Potter, Hermione, Gandalf, Frodo & Bilbo, Gollum, Retief, "Slippery" Jim DeGris, Lazarus Long, Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Buggs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker....

.... and one of my personal favorites: Alice's Restaurant.

:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212
May 17, 2013
 
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope lying to yourself and others makes YOU feel better, at the very least.
Indeed.

Your sentiment, which I share, as a wish for his happiness--however miniscule it would be (considering his insanity)-- is a damn sight superior than what HE wishes for people like you and I.

But then again? Anyone who is >>not<< a True Believer™--whatever the reasons-- is already in better shape mentally, than anyone who is suffering under the insanity that is Religious Faith™.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#213
May 17, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
My sister's friends "kidnapped" one of their father's garden gnomes for two years. Whenever anyone went on holiday, they had to take the gnome, photograph it in front of a landmark, print it out and send it "home" as a postcard.

The father went bosmic [Oxford slang for crazy] every time he got a postcard. If it wasn't for the fact that it was too much like hard work, the gnome would still be travelling today...
<quoted text>
Yes, I've heard of other folk doing the exact same thing. In fact, the idea was so popular, that they made a movie about it, Amalie.

I rather enjoyed that one--even though it was subtitled.

:)
Thinking

Windsor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#214
May 17, 2013
 
Are you talking about Amélie Poulain?
It's one of my wife's favourites.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've heard of other folk doing the exact same thing. In fact, the idea was so popular, that they made a movie about it, Amalie.
I rather enjoyed that one--even though it was subtitled.
:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#215
May 17, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
Are you talking about Amélie Poulain?
It's one of my wife's favourites.
<quoted text>
It's a French film, and was quite popular world-wide a while back.

I rather liked it.

It definitely did not spring from Hollywood, which made it a cut above the usual USA fare.
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#216
May 18, 2013
 
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a French film, and was quite popular world-wide a while back.
I rather liked it.
It definitely did not spring from Hollywood, which made it a cut above the usual USA fare.
1969's film entitled simply Z is really interesting.
Yves Montand

Crazy credit category...
Any resemblance to actual events, to persons living or dead, is not the result of chance. It is DELIBERATE.(Signed by) Jorge Semprún, Costa-Gavras

The left-wing leader assassinated in Costa-Gavras's 1969 thriller célčbre dies not from a sharp-shooter's bullet but from a whack to the head, and the difference plays up the essential street-thuggery of the uniformed right-wingers in power. By far the most electric sequence in the film, the drive-by killing happens in a public square, tensely (and, for the times, topically) ringed by protesters and police, after a speech in a nearby hall; the assailant's truck speeds us away (DP Raoul Coutard's idea?) and leaves behind a Hitchcockian parallel story to be told later. Recapitulating Vassili Vassilikos's novel about the real-life murder of Greek MP Gregoris
~ The Village voice

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#217
May 18, 2013
 
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
1969's film entitled simply Z is really interesting.
Yves Montand
Crazy credit category...
Any resemblance to actual events, to persons living or dead, is not the result of chance. It is DELIBERATE.(Signed by) Jorge Semprún, Costa-Gavras
The left-wing leader assassinated in Costa-Gavras's 1969 thriller célčbre dies not from a sharp-shooter's bullet but from a whack to the head, and the difference plays up the essential street-thuggery of the uniformed right-wingers in power. By far the most electric sequence in the film, the drive-by killing happens in a public square, tensely (and, for the times, topically) ringed by protesters and police, after a speech in a nearby hall; the assailant's truck speeds us away (DP Raoul Coutard's idea?) and leaves behind a Hitchcockian parallel story to be told later. Recapitulating Vassili Vassilikos's novel about the real-life murder of Greek MP Gregoris
~ The Village voice
Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 209 of209
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••