God Enters The Race

Sep 10, 2012 Full story: The Daily Beast 109

In the past 72 hours, Romney has endorsed the controversial conservative Iowa Congressman Steve King, appeared onstage with televangelist Pat Robertson, debuted a revamped stump speech with warnings of encroaching secularism at its center, and devoted substantial time to a hot dog-heavy photo-op at a NASCAR race.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#108 Sep 19, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, whatever Obama or Romney might do isn't as important as it used to be.
The world's centre of gravity is shifting to Beijing.
Have you noted the decline in their economy?

But we do seem to be moving to a 'multi-polar' world. It's a gradual process though and those of us now past our youth hopefully needn't worry about it.

Younger people need to stick together and not adopt the prejudices, animosities, fears and superstitions/religions of their parents. I would urge young people to identify more strongly with their international age-group than their nationalistic or religious clans.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#109 Sep 19, 2012
Syed Shahabuddin MP. A "moderate" Muslim's idea of freedom of expression?....
http://kenanmalik.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/he...
On 5 October, barely a week after it had been published in Britain, the Indian Ministry of Finance placed The Satanic Verses on its list of proscribed books. The ban, the ministry proclaimed,‘did not detract from the literary and artistic merit of Rushdie’s work.’ To which Rushdie sardonically replied,‘Thanks for the good review’– while also wondering what the world might make of the fact ‘that it is the Finance Ministry that gets to decide what Indian readers may or may not read.’ The ministry was in fact acting on orders from Prime Minister Ranjiv Gandhi who had been alerted to the issue by a letter from the MP Syed Shahabuddin, a member of the opposition Janata Party, and a self-proclaimed champion of India’s 150-million strong Muslim community. Unquote.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#111 Sep 19, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Have you noted the decline in their economy?
But we do seem to be moving to a 'multi-polar' world. It's a gradual process though and those of us now past our youth hopefully needn't worry about it.
Younger people need to stick together and not adopt the prejudices, animosities, fears and superstitions/religions of their parents. I would urge young people to identify more strongly with their international age-group than their nationalistic or religious clans.
Yes, there has been a decline although I can only imagine how much worse the global meltdown would have been without the Chinese economy.

I couldn't agree more with you about young people sticking together and dumping the baggage that we've been saddled with.
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#112 Sep 25, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Then your god is a wuss.
Oh that's a bright statement.
Showing your education are you?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#113 Sep 25, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's a bright statement.
Showing your education are you?
Any proof? thought not. How educated of you.
stu

Brisbane, Australia

#115 Sep 28, 2012
God is an algorithm
A divine design Steven Hawking said so
Science, economy, and politics are 3 different things. And our spirit is up for grabs
Our life is a riddle, our future the infinite decides
Without guts we are lost
Science plays patacake and hides
The secular reneges on the hope of our children
The spirit is made the hope of fools, or not?
Here and now if I tell you, would you believe?
We dance upon the edge, scientists think so.
The best of us must come forward
To be saved
Believe, find your fellow soul
The net is here and provides, maybe stu
spandexxx

Voorhout, Netherlands

#116 Sep 29, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true brain washed lemming for religion.
Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.
Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.
Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.
If god is an all knowing,all powerful and perfect entity then there would be no reason to create anything outside itself.
Humans would and could not contribute anything to god because god is already perfect.
There for human life in the face of god is pointless so why create it?
A perfect entity would not create human life without purpose because that would be an imperfect act and if god is not perfect it is not god at all.

The very fact that human life exists is proof that there is no all powerfull,all knowing perfect god.
God

Matthews, IN

#117 Sep 29, 2012
What's the difference between myself and Mitt Romney?

I know I'm not Mitt Romney!

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

#118 Sep 29, 2012
God wrote:
What's the difference between myself and Mitt Romney?
I know I'm not Mitt Romney!
Mr. God, I'm Betty Binderbottom, a TRUE Christian, and I am your biggest FAN! I'm not too thrilled with what you did to your Kid on the cross and I don't know how you turn yourself into a Pigeon so as to keep up with the image of the Holy Trinity...and sometimes you can be extremely stupid, contradicting yourself over and over and over and over and over again in the Holy Book, but I want to be SAVED so I accept the nonsense of it all. The nonsense includes You having sex with a Bronze Age Jewish minx, Mary, so as to impregnate her with Yourself so You can sacrifice Yourself to Yourself for a mistake that You made. Glory!

I want you to SMITE the FAKE-ASS Christoholics who come to this forum to try to convert atheists to the ridiculous Mormon faith. I know you detest Mormons as much as amputees, bein' as the first is a FALSE religion and the second group has never been healed by You. Mormonism is America's favorite fantasy religious role-playing game that doesn't include a genuine invisible God. If you can't smite them in the manner of the Amalekites, please give them canker sores. In Your Son's Blessed Name and through the Holy Pigeon, I pray...AH-MEN!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min KiMare 228,632
Our world came from nothing? 46 min Thinking 739
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 1,041
Atheists, where do these demons come from? 1 hr Thinking 2
Heaven 3 hr Thinking 11
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Patrick 5,940
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr I can read 22,938

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE