God Enters The Race

Sep 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Beast

In the past 72 hours, Romney has endorsed the controversial conservative Iowa Congressman Steve King, appeared onstage with televangelist Pat Robertson, debuted a revamped stump speech with warnings of encroaching secularism at its center, and devoted substantial time to a hot dog-heavy photo-op at a NASCAR race.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of109
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
KittenKrapper

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Atheists slag off at romney constantley.......just proves what obamabots they are
Filthy traitors.....its just their nature
Monkey's Paw

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate kittens?
This like the 600th time you posted this

Dude,
I see many post from you on just about every thread. This can only mean one thing. You are an unemployed nurd. Most likely a drop out and you now live here trying to build a name in fake space.
E Pluribus Unum

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

imaginaryfriend wrote:
God is an Englishman, he can't vote in our elections.
U enjoy da Robot learning how to use Human brain as Gods ;-0000h, in da HR on the head of House of speak writen In God U Trust...that y the robot learning...but God is Dead;-000
E Pluribus Unum

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

RustyS wrote:
God enters the race. Noticed the DNC had to actually vote on it. Could have easily been Allah, God won by a couple of bused in votes, you know, to avoid any media converage.
Rus! God, Jesus, More Ham Mad, ect...all dead...;-000h, don't worry the Robot Evolution wil take it over;-0000h, U like mi name??? it's on the Senate floor not HR;-0000

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Food for thought wrote:
If atheist are so content with non religion why do you urge religous people into arguments?
Because you religies post delusional bs.
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

KittenKrapper wrote:
Atheists slag off at romney constantley.......just proves what obamabots they are
Filthy traitors.....its just their nature
I also slag off at idiots who can't spell "constantly", and people who vote for the Republican wing of the Corporate Sell-Out party are just as stupid as people who vote for the Democratic wing...
THUMPER

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Because you religies post delusional bs.
I am so sorry sir you have used that line to often it is now ban from you using it again. You will have to engage your brain and try and come up with some thing original.
Hussain the Terrible

Fairbanks, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Liberal Secularism is destroying American culture and it is all planned out years ago.

Joe McCarthy knew this and did get a lot of Communist out of Hollywood.

Today Commie writers are back in force along with almost all of mainstream media puting out PROPGANDA that Hitler would be proud of.

I am not a Christian but KNOW that the only way the battle can be won because of Muslims and their henchmen, American subversive Liberals, is to have people like this man speak out against the sexual dysfunction and deviance, the bastardization of multiculturalism and the communist infiltration into our government.

LONG LIVE NORMAL TRADITIONAL AMERICA

VOTE ROMNEY 2012
VOTE AMERICAN

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

THUMPER wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry sir you have used that line to often it is now ban from you using it again. You will have to engage your brain and try and come up with some thing original.
Lol, ok.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Hussain the Terrible wrote:
Liberal Secularism is destroying American culture and it is all planned out years ago.
Joe McCarthy knew this and did get a lot of Communist out of Hollywood.
Today Commie writers are back in force along with almost all of mainstream media puting out PROPGANDA that Hitler would be proud of.
I am not a Christian but KNOW that the only way the battle can be won because of Muslims and their henchmen, American subversive Liberals, is to have people like this man speak out against the sexual dysfunction and deviance, the bastardization of multiculturalism and the communist infiltration into our government.
LONG LIVE NORMAL TRADITIONAL AMERICA
VOTE ROMNEY 2012
VOTE AMERICAN
the US is a secualr nation. so that is the main tenet of our culture. Sad that we have 'citizens' like you that don't even know about your own country. Show some pride in your nation and get an education...
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Hussain the Terrible wrote:
...Joe McCarthy knew this and did get a lot of Communist out of Hollywood.
Today Commie writers are back in force along with almost all of mainstream media puting out PROPGANDA that Hitler would be proud of...
You are the one who seems enthralled by fear-driven propaganda. McCartheism helped the USA?(Jesus wept!:-)

Religion and politics don't mix. Secularism is what has provided the most effective defence against fundamentalist religionism. Keep religion out of morality, science, education, and the courts.

There is evidence the USA is improving..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/reli...
"The number of people in the U.S. who self-identify as religious dropped 13 points to 60 percent. In addition, 5 percent of Americans declared themselves atheists, an increase of 4 points since 2005." Unquote.

Religion = superstition
KJV

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, ok.
Much appreciated

:)

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

I am happy for my grand kids. By time there adults rleigion will be in its death throes. 100-150 years from now religion will be something only museums show.
redneck

Cave Junction, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

THUMPER wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the problem with believers always invoving thier rediculess beliefs in government and education. Paul Ryan is a good example. He believes that life begins at rape. He also wants to defund important programs because they are contrary to his religion. Atheists have the right to choose science over voo-doo. It becomes difficult with ghost worshippers making policy.You have the right to be stupid but not to make the country stupid.
CunningLinguist

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool! Then as Richard Bamford said:
My god can beat up your god.

* When your god expelled us from paradise for eating an apple, my god taught us to grow our own fruit.
* When your god forbade knowledge, demanding we live in ignorance, my god created books.
* When your god smote cities like a tantrum-prone child, my god helped to rebuild them.
* When your god insisted the world was flat, my god showed his followers it was round, to their peril at the hands of your god's followers.
* While your god watched in silence as children sickened and died, my god created medicines to make them well.
* When your god winked and nodded at slavery, my god argued passionately against it.
* While your god represses half the human race, my god considers woman to be the equal of man.
* When your god only helps those who help themselves, my god rolls up his sleeves and actually does help until your god decides to join in, and then steals all the credit.
* When your god inspired great buildings and great art, my god made them possible.
* While your god says we are all born sinners, tainted before we even draw breath, my god says we are all born innocent; a clean slate with limitless potential.
* While your god offers dubious allusions of an afterlife, my god provides for us here in this life.
* While your god makes amazing promises, but offers not a shred of proof, my god performs amazing deeds, and the proof is there to be seen by all.
* While your god demands blind faith and obsequious obedience, my god encourages questions, even about himself.
* When your god says "Thou shalt not," my god says "You can do anything."
My god is reason. He does more in a day than your god will ever do.
Or this one...

Top Ten signs that you're a christian:

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a trinity god.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loop-holes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects -- will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to prove Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history -- but still call yourself a Christian.
CunningLinguist

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Here's where secular humanism will take you, given the chance. Will you support this or fight it?:

THE AFFIRMATIONS OF HUMANISM: A STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES

If you’ve rejected traditional religion (or were never religious to start), you may be asking,“Is that all there is?” It’s liberating to recognize that supernatural beings are human creations … that there’s no such thing as “spirit”… that people are undesigned, unintended, and responsible for themselves.

But what’s next?

For many, mere atheism (the absence of belief in gods and the supernatural) or agnosticism (the view that such questions cannot be answered) aren’t enough.

Atheism and agnosticism are silent on larger questions of values and meaning. If Meaning in life is not ordained from on high, what small-m meanings can we work out among ourselves? If eternal life is an illusion, how can we make the most of our only lives? As social beings sharing a godless world, how should we coexist?

For the questions that remain unanswered after we’ve cleared our minds of gods and souls and spirits, many atheists, agnostics, skeptics, and freethinkers turn to secular humanism.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php

[1] We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.

[2] We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, explain the world in supernatural terms, and look outside nature for salvation.

[3] We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.

[4] We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.

[5] We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.

[6] We [prefer] negotiation and compromise to [resolve] differences and achiev[e] mutual understanding.

[7] We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.

[8] We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.

[9] We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on [prejudices] and strive to work together for the common good.

[10] We want to protect, preserve and enhance the earth, and avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.

[11] We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.

[12] We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.

[13] Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.

[14] We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. Together we discover normative standards tested by their consequences.

[15] We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.

[16] We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.

[17] We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.

[18] We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas.

[19] We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.

[20] We believe in optimism, hope, learning, truth, joy, tolerance, love, compassion, beauty, and reason rather than pessimism, despair, dogma, ignorance, guilt or sin, fear, hatred, selfishness, ugliness, and blind, irrational faith.

[21] We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

CunningLinguist wrote:
Here's where secular humanism will take you, given the chance. Will you support this or fight it?:
THE AFFIRMATIONS OF HUMANISM: A STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
[1] We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
[2] We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, explain the world in supernatural terms, and look outside nature for salvation.
[3] We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.
[4] We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.
[5] We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.
[6] We [prefer] negotiation and compromise to [resolve] differences and achiev[e] mutual understanding.
[7] We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.
[8] We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.
[9] We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on [prejudices] and strive to work together for the common good.
[10] We want to protect, preserve and enhance the earth, and avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.
[11] We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.
[12] We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.
[13] Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.
[14] We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. Together we discover normative standards tested by their consequences.
[15] We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.
[16] We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.
[17] We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.
[18] We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas.
[19] We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.
Sure, that is the true evolution of human beings. When they can know men made up all of the gods, let go of all religions and stand there and do the right thing just because it is the right thing to do. Or, put it another way. Do the right thing cause it makes you feel good about yourself, gives you proper self-esteem.

People who say they would not do the right thing if there is no god because, so what, they won't go to hell, well, that is low, low level of thinking. It's kind of subhuman, selfish thinking. People who say the average person can't be like Jesus, can't do the right things, yes everyone can. Every person can rise up and be big and do the right things. It's all a matter of what people think about it. If everyone did the right things, they would all have proper self-esteem and the world would live in peace. There would be no civil unrest, no wars. So it's smart to do the right thing, it's actually self-preservation.

People are physically evolved, from apes, but most are barely one bit evolved emotionally, mentally and spiritually. People could do much better. We need to alter or go around the selfish gene and get people to understand that when everyone is happy, they are the safest, and to look for solutions for the whole, not only think about what they each want individually. This is wherein humanities problems lie.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

There's a famous movie from back in the early 1950s, maybe the late 40s, and it shows this science teacher starting to teach a class about how humans evolved from monkeys, and as soon as the class starts, the religious leaders go into the classroom and arrest him. In those days, the religious leaders had a lot more power than teachers, and it was illegal to teach the truth, to teach science. So we have come a long way.

The movie has Gene Kelly in it. I forget the name. I'll go look it up.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherit_the_Wind... (1960_film)

Inherit The Wind is the name of the movie.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Pamela wrote:
There's a famous movie from back in the early 1950s, maybe the late 40s, and it shows this science teacher starting to teach a class about how humans evolved from monkeys, and as soon as the class starts, the religious leaders go into the classroom and arrest him. In those days, the religious leaders had a lot more power than teachers, and it was illegal to teach the truth, to teach science. So we have come a long way.
The movie has Gene Kelly in it. I forget the name. I'll go look it up.
50 years ago 80% of this nations people went to church on sunday. Today maybe 50% go to church on sunday. I would say in 50 years maybe 25% will go to chcurh on sunday. By time my grandkids are middle aged this nation should be for most part religion free...OH WHAT A GREAT TIME THAT WILL BE........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of109
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••