Why choose atheism?

Oct 24, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 78

In the main essay on Atheism posted on the Creation Ministries International 's website there is a section titled Why Atheism is chosen .

Full Story

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#43 Oct 31, 2012
Master wrote:
<quoted text>
You were born atheist?
everyone is.

no one is born believeing in a deity. you have to be spoon fed the belief.
Kai Fu

Tucker, GA

#44 Nov 1, 2012
I apologize for my previous postings in this thread under the name Gramen Ferox.(those in my Kabbalah group communicate with each other that way)

So, why choose atheism? my honest opinion: Atheism opens many doors, rids one of the religious fear.

I believe an atheist can more easily explore the "occult". Now when I say "occult" I don't mean ghosts and supernatural, I mean "hidden".

What is hidden to the fundamentalist can be seen easily to the atheist. Think about all that science has discovered! religion can not get us there.

In a way you can call me an atheist because the GOD I believe in is the universe itself ~ something no deity can equal. Now whether it is intelligent or not we don't know, but I have strong faith that science will leads us to the truth.

K.F.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#45 Nov 1, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well I went to the grocery store one day and they had a booth set up offering free samples if chilled theism and atheism. They poured a cup of each while keeping both bottles covered so I couldn't see which was which. The first cup tasted stale and outdated with a strong taste of bigotry, ignorance and hated with a hint of kill others for not believing.
The second cup was fresh, tasty, well thought out and went well with anything.
I chose cup two and the tester pulled off the bags revealing atheism! I then got a coupon for a dollar off a 24 pack!
Lol
Well, from the theist bottle, it was originally the labelled as the finest wine ever created from water.

But like many a bottle of wine after so much time has passed, it just turned into vinegar.

But Christians still declare it the best and, not coincidentally, the only one they ever tasted because they were told it was the finest wine ever.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#46 Nov 3, 2012
Kai Fu wrote:
In a way you can call me an atheist because the GOD I believe in is the universe itself ~ something no deity can equal. Now whether it is intelligent or not we don't know, but I have strong faith that science will leads us to the truth.
K.F.
Call yourself what whatever Flavor - Of - The - Week - Theist you want. But you don't get to redefine Atheism.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#47 Nov 3, 2012
greymouser wrote:
Disregarding the convincing argument of the first post, TFA is a waste of time. Another rehash of what theists think atheists are.
Funny how they never bring up atheists have read the bible and became an atheist -because- of the bible.
Yep, just more of creationists creating their own definitions so they can attempt the Strawman.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#48 Nov 3, 2012
Master wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that there are four times as many gay people then atheist. In fact there are more mental retarded people then atheist. Atheist is a no brainer. You have to have your brain removed to be one.
You sound just like another (im)poster. Oh, wait! Here's yet another sock puppet of KJV.
Kai Fu

Tucker, GA

#49 Nov 3, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Call yourself what whatever Flavor - Of - The - Week - Theist you want. But you don't get to redefine Atheism.
Technically, you cannot redefine Atheism. It is the natural state of mind. Various forms of theism have been used as lifestyles, unfortunately they are taken far too seriously by the theists themselves and the so called 'infidels'.

K.F.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#50 Nov 4, 2012
Kai Fu wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, you cannot redefine Atheism. It is the natural state of mind. Various forms of theism have been used as lifestyles, unfortunately they are taken far too seriously by the theists themselves and the so called 'infidels'.
K.F.
Shut up you stupid lying Creationist. One minute your Creationist, the next is Kaballah. What's it going to be next weak you chronic liar?

You don't use Grameen Ferox because you got caught spamming the atheist forum with rubbish.
Jehovah is God

Claremore, OK

#51 Nov 4, 2012
Almighty God Jehovah has given his inspired word, the Bible to mankind, he has seen that it has never been corrupted, even tho men can make it say whatever they want it to say, by holding it up and referring to Scriptures to back up what they preach as doctrine, not even in the Bible. Matthew 15:9

If you are an atheist because of religion or because you cannot understand the Bible, that is not your fault.
Christendom, all denominations or sects are corrupted by man and do not have the truth, they are blind leading the blind right into a pit. There is only one truth, and only Jehovah's people are chosen to preach and teach it for the benefit of all mankind today.
Revelation 1:7

You must have accurate knowledge of the Bible, and you can only get that from Almighty God Jehovah's people today. Just as Jesus showed the way to be acceptable to the one true God Jehovah in his day, and his followers had to obey the Messiah as Law of Christ and give up the religion they had, which was corrupted by man or their religious leaders.
John 17:3

This world is under the control or influence of the god of this world, Satan the Devil. He has his spirit realm and his demon helpers to mislead the entire earth away from the truth about Almighty God Jehovah, Satan does not want anyone to have accurate knowledge that will lead you to everlasting life. Revelation 12:9
Time is running out, the end of Satan and all the problems of mankind will soon be removed from this earth, along with anyone who is ungodly.
2Peter 3: 6,7

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#52 Nov 4, 2012
Go sell your fcking watchtowers so you can meet your quota! You won't be selling any on here so get to it!
Jehovah is God wrote:
Almighty God Jehovah has given his inspired word, the Bible to mankind, he has seen that it has never been corrupted, even tho men can make it say whatever they want it to say, by holding it up and referring to Scriptures to back up what they preach as doctrine, not even in the Bible. Matthew 15:9
If you are an atheist because of religion or because you cannot understand the Bible, that is not your fault.
Christendom, all denominations or sects are corrupted by man and do not have the truth, they are blind leading the blind right into a pit. There is only one truth, and only Jehovah's people are chosen to preach and teach it for the benefit of all mankind today.
Revelation 1:7
You must have accurate knowledge of the Bible, and you can only get that from Almighty God Jehovah's people today. Just as Jesus showed the way to be acceptable to the one true God Jehovah in his day, and his followers had to obey the Messiah as Law of Christ and give up the religion they had, which was corrupted by man or their religious leaders.
John 17:3
This world is under the control or influence of the god of this world, Satan the Devil. He has his spirit realm and his demon helpers to mislead the entire earth away from the truth about Almighty God Jehovah, Satan does not want anyone to have accurate knowledge that will lead you to everlasting life. Revelation 12:9
Time is running out, the end of Satan and all the problems of mankind will soon be removed from this earth, along with anyone who is ungodly.
2Peter 3: 6,7

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#53 Nov 4, 2012
I hate to correct you, but....
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>no one is born believeing in a deity. you have to be spoon fed the belief.
"Spoonfed" could infer an attempt to give a child something beneficial, which religion never is.

_Molesting_ children with religion is far more apt, considering the mental, physical and sexual abuse and damage that religious nuts cause to children.
Jehovah is God

Tulsa, OK

#54 Nov 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Go sell your fcking watchtowers so you can meet your quota! You won't be selling any on here so get to it!
<quoted text>
We do not sell the Watchtower magazines, there is no charge to whoever wants to read how they can better their life in this world.

We do not have a quota to meet, no one is forced to go door to door to find the sheep like people who want to obey Jesus and be happy today.

Many people would like to have the peace and happiness, the hope and prosperity of Jehovah's witnesses, also the unity and love they share, all it takes is obedience to the direction of Jesus as our heavenly King.
Reading the Watchtower magazines is just your first step in that direction to living in God's new world of righteousness, soon to be here.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#55 Nov 4, 2012
Jehovah is God wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not sell the Watchtower magazines, there is no charge to whoever wants to read how they can better their life in this world.
We do not have a quota to meet, no one is forced to go door to door to find the sheep like people who want to obey Jesus and be happy today.
Many people would like to have the peace and happiness, the hope and prosperity of Jehovah's witnesses, also the unity and love they share, all it takes is obedience to the direction of Jesus as our heavenly King.
Reading the Watchtower magazines is just your first step in that direction to living in God's new world of righteousness, soon to be here.
First rule of indoctrination, offer the first pamphlet free.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#56 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First rule of indoctrination, offer the first pamphlet free.
Yeah. Drug dealers work the same way.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#57 Nov 4, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Drug dealers work the same way.
Funny how similar drug dealers and preachers are, no?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#58 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how similar drug dealers and preachers are, no?
I don't know. I don't know any drug dealers. Do they make customers sit for an hour or so and listen to useless talk?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#59 Nov 4, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I don't know any drug dealers....
Lol!

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#60 Nov 4, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how similar drug dealers and preachers are, no?
The clientele of both drug dealers and preachers have addiction and dependency issues.

Both drug dealers and preachers are enablers.

What a coincidence?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#61 Nov 4, 2012
Jehovah is God wrote:
If you are an atheist because of religion or because you cannot understand the Bible, that is not your fault.
Actually, nonbelievers do better on many tests of biblical knowledge than non-believers. And many are atheists/agnostics because they actually read the book, but didn't buy the bull.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#62 Nov 4, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I don't know any drug dealers. Do they make customers sit for an hour or so and listen to useless talk?
Yeah, especially when you aren't interested in their product.

Lived in the shelters for a few years, it has all kinds of women, it was an interesting experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Dave Nelson 228,527
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Patrick 148
Is Religion Childish? 1 hr Patrick 3
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 1 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Richardfs 5,584
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Richardfs 674

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE