Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
14,341 - 14,360 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#15054 Nov 19, 2013
bbb wrote:
Atheists are animals.
Spot on, Mate!! Bloody 'ell ... why don't ya throw another shrimp on the barbie!?!?

Texas, USA

#15055 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is a black hole and they do exist. It is not the Christian conception of hell. You don't burn, you rot. It's also not physical torture, but it is mental terror. All sin is conceived of in the mind before being acted upon. Hell is solitary confinement, darkness, and freezing cold. There are three entrances to heaven and hell on earth: the Bermuda triangle, the Devils triangle, and the third is off the coast of Norway in the north atlantic. Each serves two continents. It's also not forever, eventually your spirit will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist.
Thank you Susan!

<a case in point>

Texas, USA

#15056 Nov 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid lie, because god isn't real.
<quoted text>
Such and event is called a delusion of reference, and is the primary symptom of the mental illness of faith.
<quoted text>
There is no indirect or direct evidence for god. Part of the mental illness of faith, is convincing oneself that there is, despite no evidence and evidence to the contrary.
<quoted text>
Let me stop you there you flipping idiot. There IS physical evidence for Lincoln. There IS physical evidence that he existed and there IS physical evidence that he was a real person. Its all demonstratable.
On the other hand, understand there is NO physical evidence for god, NO physical evidence that is a possibility and NO evidence that god is real.
<quoted text>
There is a reasonable way, its through multiple correlating sources of evidence from different sources.
That is why Lincoln is taught as historical fact and not fiction or myth.
Why be dishonest? Why not just admit that Lincoln is a historical figure based on facts, while god is not?
Why can't you just admit that physical evidence exists for historical figures like Lincoln, while NO evidence exists for god or jesus for that matter?
If you make the distinction, it makes it so simple to understand the difference?
One has evidence for it and the other is a complete, fabricated lie with NO evidence for it and NO correlating evidence & evidence AGAINST it being possible.
Skeptic ... I wish I had your talent for getting right to the point!

Texas, USA

#15057 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am neither Christian, nor Jewish. I preach the Truth and there is some truth in all religions. I practice an eclectic mix. My God though, is the God of Abraham, the living God of Israel. She is on earth now, and the first day of the Lord, VWD Day could come at any time now. It stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The enemies of God will be set on fire supernaturally.
Looking forward to it! Frankly, any change would be an improvement.
muslim

Makkah, Saudi Arabia

#15058 Nov 19, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you try to present subjective evidence as objective.
Second, you try to present a proven fact (objective) as a subjective experience.
Lastly, you (a theist) try to tell me (an atheist) what my perspective is even though you have no idea yourself.
I lack belief in a god, I can point to thousands of years of absolutely no proof as evidence for my point of view. Still, it is my view, not yours. Please don't tell me what you think I think, it is ludicrous.
I am 99.99% sure that there is no god. Just roll his old bones down here to satisfy my intellectual curiosity and I will be the first to acknowledge my mistake.
BTW, I'm 99.99% sure that the sun will rise tomorrow. Not on "faith" or "belief" but on the objective facts I have seen every day of my life so far. Got it?
Probably not;0)
what is the purpose of your life then, why you born and die? just like that .... you better belive in the creator of heavens and earth before it's too late.

O mankind, remember the favor of God upon you. Is there any creator other than God who provides for you from the heaven and earth? There is no deity except Him, so how are you deluded?Quraan
muslim

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#15059 Nov 19, 2013
bbb wrote:
Atheists are animals.
And We have certainly created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind. They have hearts with which they do not understand, they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear. Those are like livestock; rather, they are more astray. It is they who are the heedless.Quraan

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#15060 Nov 19, 2013
bbb wrote:
Atheists are animals.
And you are... what? a plant? Mineral? Gaseous cloud?

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#15061 Nov 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>And you are... what? a plant? Mineral? Gaseous cloud?
Flatulence..........LOL

Good morning TerryL! How are you?

Location hidden

#15062 Nov 19, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Flatulence..........LO L
Good morning TerryL! How are you?
Good morning, back atcha! I'm doing well... and you?

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15063 Nov 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, back atcha! I'm doing well... and you?
Doing well......thank you.

I see some of the fundies are having tantrums trying to prove the unprovable and resorting to such unchristian like language. Amazing .........isn't it?

Location hidden

#15064 Nov 19, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Doing well......thank you.
I see some of the fundies are having tantrums trying to prove the unprovable and resorting to such unchristian like language. Amazing .........isn't it?
I used to find it amazing, considering most of them claim to follow a book called 'The Bible' which they obviously have never even read, now I just find it 'typical'

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15066 Nov 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I used to find it amazing, considering most of them claim to follow a book called 'The Bible' which they obviously have never even read, now I just find it 'typical'
Yes, and when one takes a verse from their bible, then they either ignore it, claim we don't know what we're talking about or we never read the bible.....LOL These are some of the standard fundie responses.

Location hidden

#15067 Nov 19, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and when one takes a verse from their bible, then they either ignore it, claim we don't know what we're talking about or we never read the bible.....LOL These are some of the standard fundie responses.
LOL! Exactly! I usually see the "you're taking it out of context" gripe, even when the entire context is posted for them to see.

Another is "you are misinterpreting what the writers meant"... like they've got some mystical connection to the writers that even history can't name! Yet... "separation of church and state" can't possibly be interpreted from the words written in the constitution because the words separation of church and state" aren't there... even though we know exactly WHO the men were that wrote the words and what those words were intended to mean based on subsequent writings form those same men.

Apparently, if you claim to base your worldview on an anonymously written ancient text, your interpretation takes precedent over the actual words that are written.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15068 Nov 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can prove your god, your hateful cult will no longer need to threaten people towards your faith based mental illness.
Isn't it interesting that a god claiming to be the one true god over other gods uses threats in order to gain followers. The other question is who are these other gods, which none of us has heard or read their side of the story in the bible, that he has issues with? So there were other true gods in the beginning, but one of them claims to be truer than the others. What did this self proclaiming truer god do or not do to piss the other true gods off to get alienated and then create human pets to worship him because he was lonely?

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15069 Nov 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Exactly! I usually see the "you're taking it out of context" gripe, even when the entire context is posted for them to see.
Another is "you are misinterpreting what the writers meant"... like they've got some mystical connection to the writers that even history can't name! Yet... "separation of church and state" can't possibly be interpreted from the words written in the constitution because the words separation of church and state" aren't there... even though we know exactly WHO the men were that wrote the words and what those words were intended to mean based on subsequent writings form those same men.
Apparently, if you claim to base your worldview on an anonymously written ancient text, your interpretation takes precedent over the actual words that are written.
You're right!

Followers worshipping the bible God is like chickens worshipping Colonel Sanders.
LCNLin

United States

#15071 Nov 19, 2013
Why s^eptic Will NOT Replace Religion..
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#15072 Nov 19, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it interesting that a god claiming to be the one true god over other gods uses threats in order to gain followers. The other question is who are these other gods, which none of us has heard or read their side of the story in the bible, that he has issues with? So there were other true gods in the beginning, but one of them claims to be truer than the others. What did this self proclaiming truer god do or not do to piss the other true gods off to get alienated and then create human pets to worship him because he was lonely?
There is only one true God, the other "gods" are idols. What separates the true from the false is life and death. The God of Israel will conquer death and come back to earth on the Mount of Olives within days after her death. Jesus is dead and he is Satans counterfeit messiah. Christians have a false hope that will never be realized. They're about as ignorant as they come and those who cling to him till the end will burst into flames.(Spontaneous combustion) Zechariah 14:12.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15073 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is only one true God, the other "gods" are idols. What separates the true from the false is life and death. The God of Israel will conquer death and come back to earth on the Mount of Olives within days after her death. Jesus is dead and he is Satans counterfeit messiah. Christians have a false hope that will never be realized. They're about as ignorant as they come and those who cling to him till the end will burst into flames.(Spontaneous combustion) Zechariah 14:12.
If you read Genesis, "god made man in our image" .

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15077 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is only one true God, the other "gods" are idols. What separates the true from the false is life and death. The God of Israel will conquer death and come back to earth on the Mount of Olives within days after her death. Jesus is dead and he is Satans counterfeit messiah. Christians have a false hope that will never be realized. They're about as ignorant as they come and those who cling to him till the end will burst into flames.(Spontaneous combustion) Zechariah 14:12.
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
- New American Standard Version (1995)

It wasn't just a lone being, entity, alien, etc....... named, "God" . There's the "Us" .

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#15078 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am neither Christian, nor Jewish. I preach the Truth and there is some truth in all religions. I practice an eclectic mix. My God though, is the God of Abraham, the living God of Israel. She is on earth now, and the first day of the Lord, VWD Day could come at any time now. It stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The enemies of God will be set on fire supernaturally.
That is exactly what I said, it's all " Bullshit, pure bullshit. Just exactly like the other 30,000+ spin-off religions of the Abrahamic god-myth.".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min ChristineM 226,505
Our world came from nothing? 15 min Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 20 min Patrick 13
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 38 min Dak-Original 21,516
The myth of the angry atheist 2 hr Thinking 2
The Ultimate Evidence of God 2 hr Thinking 67
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••