Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#15061 Nov 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>And you are... what? a plant? Mineral? Gaseous cloud?
Flatulence..........LOL

Good morning TerryL! How are you?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#15062 Nov 19, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Flatulence..........LO L
Good morning, back atcha! I'm doing well... and you?

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15063 Nov 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, back atcha! I'm doing well... and you?
Doing well......thank you.

I see some of the fundies are having tantrums trying to prove the unprovable and resorting to such unchristian like language. Amazing .........isn't it?

Location hidden

#15064 Nov 19, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Doing well......thank you.
I see some of the fundies are having tantrums trying to prove the unprovable and resorting to such unchristian like language. Amazing .........isn't it?
I used to find it amazing, considering most of them claim to follow a book called 'The Bible' which they obviously have never even read, now I just find it 'typical'

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15066 Nov 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I used to find it amazing, considering most of them claim to follow a book called 'The Bible' which they obviously have never even read, now I just find it 'typical'
Yes, and when one takes a verse from their bible, then they either ignore it, claim we don't know what we're talking about or we never read the bible.....LOL These are some of the standard fundie responses.

Location hidden

#15067 Nov 19, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and when one takes a verse from their bible, then they either ignore it, claim we don't know what we're talking about or we never read the bible.....LOL These are some of the standard fundie responses.
LOL! Exactly! I usually see the "you're taking it out of context" gripe, even when the entire context is posted for them to see.

Another is "you are misinterpreting what the writers meant"... like they've got some mystical connection to the writers that even history can't name! Yet... "separation of church and state" can't possibly be interpreted from the words written in the constitution because the words separation of church and state" aren't there... even though we know exactly WHO the men were that wrote the words and what those words were intended to mean based on subsequent writings form those same men.

Apparently, if you claim to base your worldview on an anonymously written ancient text, your interpretation takes precedent over the actual words that are written.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15068 Nov 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can prove your god, your hateful cult will no longer need to threaten people towards your faith based mental illness.
Isn't it interesting that a god claiming to be the one true god over other gods uses threats in order to gain followers. The other question is who are these other gods, which none of us has heard or read their side of the story in the bible, that he has issues with? So there were other true gods in the beginning, but one of them claims to be truer than the others. What did this self proclaiming truer god do or not do to piss the other true gods off to get alienated and then create human pets to worship him because he was lonely?

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15069 Nov 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Exactly! I usually see the "you're taking it out of context" gripe, even when the entire context is posted for them to see.
Another is "you are misinterpreting what the writers meant"... like they've got some mystical connection to the writers that even history can't name! Yet... "separation of church and state" can't possibly be interpreted from the words written in the constitution because the words separation of church and state" aren't there... even though we know exactly WHO the men were that wrote the words and what those words were intended to mean based on subsequent writings form those same men.
Apparently, if you claim to base your worldview on an anonymously written ancient text, your interpretation takes precedent over the actual words that are written.
You're right!

Followers worshipping the bible God is like chickens worshipping Colonel Sanders.
LCNLin

United States

#15071 Nov 19, 2013
Why s^eptic Will NOT Replace Religion..
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#15072 Nov 19, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it interesting that a god claiming to be the one true god over other gods uses threats in order to gain followers. The other question is who are these other gods, which none of us has heard or read their side of the story in the bible, that he has issues with? So there were other true gods in the beginning, but one of them claims to be truer than the others. What did this self proclaiming truer god do or not do to piss the other true gods off to get alienated and then create human pets to worship him because he was lonely?
There is only one true God, the other "gods" are idols. What separates the true from the false is life and death. The God of Israel will conquer death and come back to earth on the Mount of Olives within days after her death. Jesus is dead and he is Satans counterfeit messiah. Christians have a false hope that will never be realized. They're about as ignorant as they come and those who cling to him till the end will burst into flames.(Spontaneous combustion) Zechariah 14:12.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15073 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is only one true God, the other "gods" are idols. What separates the true from the false is life and death. The God of Israel will conquer death and come back to earth on the Mount of Olives within days after her death. Jesus is dead and he is Satans counterfeit messiah. Christians have a false hope that will never be realized. They're about as ignorant as they come and those who cling to him till the end will burst into flames.(Spontaneous combustion) Zechariah 14:12.
If you read Genesis, "god made man in our image" .

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15077 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is only one true God, the other "gods" are idols. What separates the true from the false is life and death. The God of Israel will conquer death and come back to earth on the Mount of Olives within days after her death. Jesus is dead and he is Satans counterfeit messiah. Christians have a false hope that will never be realized. They're about as ignorant as they come and those who cling to him till the end will burst into flames.(Spontaneous combustion) Zechariah 14:12.
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
- New American Standard Version (1995)

It wasn't just a lone being, entity, alien, etc....... named, "God" . There's the "Us" .

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#15078 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am neither Christian, nor Jewish. I preach the Truth and there is some truth in all religions. I practice an eclectic mix. My God though, is the God of Abraham, the living God of Israel. She is on earth now, and the first day of the Lord, VWD Day could come at any time now. It stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The enemies of God will be set on fire supernaturally.
That is exactly what I said, it's all " Bullshit, pure bullshit. Just exactly like the other 30,000+ spin-off religions of the Abrahamic god-myth.".

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15079 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
The Expulsion from Paradise
21The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them. 22Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "-- 23therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken.…

Here's the "Us" again. Wow, and a supreme being that can sew skins together too! I wonder if she/he/it sewed by hand or used an industrial sewing machine for the garments of skin?

Location hidden

#15081 Nov 20, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Expulsion from Paradise
21The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them. 22Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "-- 23therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken.…
Here's the "Us" again. Wow, and a supreme being that can sew skins together too! I wonder if she/he/it sewed by hand or used an industrial sewing machine for the garments of skin?
Come on Earth Child... you know that the parts that don't fit a religious person's spiel are to be ignored or simply claimed to be misinterpreted.

You also know that the vast, vast majority of those that claim to follow what's written in the bible have never actually read the thing.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15082 Nov 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Earth Child... you know that the parts that don't fit a religious person's spiel are to be ignored or simply claimed to be misinterpreted.
You also know that the vast, vast majority of those that claim to follow what's written in the bible have never actually read the thing.
Oh.....Geez! How can I forget???? It's the ole' standard fundie spiel......LOL

Siro

Ryde, Australia

#15083 Nov 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly what I said, it's all " Bullshit, pure bullshit. Just exactly like the other 30,000+ spin-off religions of the Abrahamic god-myth.".
Do you want some cheese with that whine?

Location hidden

#15084 Nov 20, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.....Geez! How can I forget???? It's the ole' standard fundie spiel......LOL
G'mornin' EC1! Aside from the feeling that I might be coming down with a cold, I'm well. And you?

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15085 Nov 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>G'mornin' EC1! Aside from the feeling that I might be coming down with a cold, I'm well. And you?
Doing well...thank you. Sorry about the cold! Hopefully it will pass quickly and not turn into a lingering cold. Time to get out the ole' soup pot for some chicken soup for the cold. There have been a lot people coming down with colds and sinus problems where I live. The weather change does a number on the sinuses for many people.

Get better!

Location hidden

#15087 Nov 20, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Doing well...thank you. Sorry about the cold! Hopefully it will pass quickly and not turn into a lingering cold. Time to get out the ole' soup pot for some chicken soup for the cold. There have been a lot people coming down with colds and sinus problems where I live. The weather change does a number on the sinuses for many people.
Get better!
Thanks.

Yeah... same in my area (east central Wisconsin). Doesn't help having a 3rd grader bringing more than his homework into the house though! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch 26 min ATHEOI 27
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 29 min ATHEOI 189
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min ATHEOI 45,414
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 40 min Aura Mytha 20,198
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 417
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 9,499
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 278
More from around the web