Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14833 Oct 5, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution theory says certain dinosaurs evolved wings and took advantage of an unexploited (by dinosaurs) ecological niche ... the air. Human Beings are perfected adapted to their environment and where they are not, they adapted the environment to suit them (thanks to their highly evolved brains). We are unlikely to "sprout wings" except in Heaven, of course, when we become angels.
LOL I agree that humans, i.e. Adamic humans, were genetically designed in such a way as to be perfectly adapted to the environment in which they arose, but there is no scientific evidence to support your theory that humans are capable of adapting the environment to suit them. In fact, all the latest scientific evidence says just the opposite, that humans have made a mess of the environment and that mess is triggering responses in our genes which are the causes of a multitude of birth defects and diseases.

Apparently man's "highly evolved brains" haven't been able to grasp or accept the fact that there is a system, an order to everything on this planet which is designed to automatically delete anything or anyone that doesn't exist in harmony with the system. All this stuff was covered in Deuteronomy 29, bubba. Didn't you get the memo?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14834 Oct 5, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I agree that humans, i.e. Adamic humans, were genetically designed in such a way as to be perfectly adapted to the environment in which they arose, but there is no scientific evidence to support your theory that humans are capable of adapting the environment to suit them. In fact, all the latest scientific evidence says just the opposite, that humans have made a mess of the environment and that mess is triggering responses in our genes which are the causes of a multitude of birth defects and diseases.
Apparently man's "highly evolved brains" haven't been able to grasp or accept the fact that there is a system, an order to everything on this planet which is designed to automatically delete anything or anyone that doesn't exist in harmony with the system. All this stuff was covered in Deuteronomy 29, bubba. Didn't you get the memo?
Some of us, it seems, are more perfect than others. You don't have Air Conditioning on your planet? How about fire? Do you use fire yet? Own a jacket? How about an animal skin? Ever get in out of the rain?

The primary 'problem' between Humans and the environment is attributable to over-population and conspicuous consumption. Both of these interesting attributes, according to the 'Intelligent Designer' theory, must have been designed into us. Not sure why HE wanted us to over-populate or pollute our planet ... but there's no other logical explanation. As if our 'designed in' biological imperatives were not enough, he had to go command us to 'multiply and be prosperous' or something to that effect. Mysterious ways, indeed!!

Of course, we may just be acting the way 'intelligent apes' would act. Screwing like there's no tomorrow and gathering all the nuts and berries we can carry ... the heck with everybody else. Kind of what the other animals do, kind of what you 'need to succeed' in the Animal Kingdom.

So if we manage to constrain ourselves, we're either going against the Master Plan of the Great Intelligent Designer of the Universe or we're actually 'evolving' out of our animal past. Think I like Door Number 2.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14835 Oct 6, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us, it seems, are more perfect than others. You don't have Air Conditioning on your planet? How about fire? Do you use fire yet? Own a jacket? How about an animal skin? Ever get in out of the rain?
The primary 'problem' between Humans and the environment is attributable to over-population and conspicuous consumption. Both of these interesting attributes, according to the 'Intelligent Designer' theory, must have been designed into us. Not sure why HE wanted us to over-populate or pollute our planet ... but there's no other logical explanation. As if our 'designed in' biological imperatives were not enough, he had to go command us to 'multiply and be prosperous' or something to that effect. Mysterious ways, indeed!!
Of course, we may just be acting the way 'intelligent apes' would act. Screwing like there's no tomorrow and gathering all the nuts and berries we can carry ... the heck with everybody else. Kind of what the other animals do, kind of what you 'need to succeed' in the Animal Kingdom.
So if we manage to constrain ourselves, we're either going against the Master Plan of the Great Intelligent Designer of the Universe or we're actually 'evolving' out of our animal past. Think I like Door Number 2.
The examples you cited pertain to non-physiologial changes in humans--NOT physiological changes to adapt to environmental changes--and it was the Neanderthals who figured out how to make fire to keep warm and cook their food over 50,000 years ago, not modern humans. Odd that you haven't cited ANY examples of humans using their superior brains to make ANY beneficial changes to their environment. Can't think of any?

Suggest you study the actual social organizations of different ape species instead of reciting your atheist mythologies justifying human "screwing" and hoarding as animal like. Fact: every animal species on this planet, including apes, has demonstrated social organizations which are vastly superior to most human societies, especially in the art of living in harmony with their fellows and their environments.

Basically the study of evolution is the study of how once thriving species became extinct. In the case of humans, the first five extinction events were likely due to rapid, radical environmental changes in which “only a remnant” survived, i.e. humans did not have the capacity to evolve to adapt to their environment. The causes of the sixth human extinction event will likely be man made--war, pollution, famine, disease--all attributable to human greed and human indifference and/or an active hatred of other humans due to__________fill in the blank). In this case, humans do have the capacity to evolve mentally, emotionally and spiritually to meet the present and future challenges and avoid the consequences of their actions/behavior--but it is abundantly clear most lack the will to save either themselves or this planet....

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14836 Oct 6, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The examples you cited pertain to non-physiologial changes in humans--NOT physiological changes to adapt to environmental changes--and it was the Neanderthals who figured out how to make fire to keep warm and cook their food over 50,000 years ago, not modern humans. Odd that you haven't cited ANY examples of humans using their superior brains to make ANY beneficial changes to their environment. Can't think of any?
Suggest you study the actual social organizations of different ape species instead of reciting your atheist mythologies justifying human "screwing" and hoarding as animal like. Fact: every animal species on this planet, including apes, has demonstrated social organizations which are vastly superior to most human societies, especially in the art of living in harmony with their fellows and their environments.
Basically the study of evolution is the study of how once thriving species became extinct. In the case of humans, the first five extinction events were likely due to rapid, radical environmental changes in which “only a remnant” survived, i.e. humans did not have the capacity to evolve to adapt to their environment. The causes of the sixth human extinction event will likely be man made--war, pollution, famine, disease--all attributable to human greed and human indifference and/or an active hatred of other humans due to__________fill in the blank). In this case, humans do have the capacity to evolve mentally, emotionally and spiritually to meet the present and future challenges and avoid the consequences of their actions/behavior--but it is abundantly clear most lack the will to save either themselves or this planet....
When you can modify your local environment to suit your physical limitations or requirements, physiological evolution virtually stops. The evolutionary advantage goes to the ones who are 'best' at adapting their environment ... the smarter ones ... not the furrier ones, brawnier ones, taller ones, etc.

You don't give "modern Humans" much credit for anything ... why is that? We're here, the Neanderthals are not. We must have done SOMETHING right. Similarly, the Hindus aren't exactly Masters of the Universe either, that is evolution in action. Survival of the Fittest. Simple really.

Well, we are either God's special creation or we are products of a natural evolutionary process. If we are 'God's Special Creation' then we have sinned and deserve to die. Is that why you are down on "modern Humans"? In either case we are theoretically able to save ourselves, either by becoming better 'bots or better stewards of the planet. Admittedly, unlikely in both cases. Therefore the outcome is the same regardless and the entire matter of 'what you believe' remains rather pointless.

Actually though ... that is a defeatist attitude. It justifies the 'bots 'great wailing and gnashing of teeth' as they (anxiously) await our inevitable destruction. In fact, we have a proven methodology available that has been shown capable of accomplishing almost anything ... science and technology. Why don't y'all sit down, be quiet and let us Modern Humans fix the problem?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14837 Oct 7, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can modify your local environment to suit your physical limitations or requirements, physiological evolution virtually stops. The evolutionary advantage goes to the ones who are 'best' at adapting their environment ... the smarter ones ... not the furrier ones, brawnier ones, taller ones, etc.
LOL Turning on an air conditioner or buying a warmer coat hardly qualifies as a modification of the “local environment”, and both of these creature comforts will soon become prohibitively expensive and/or disappear before the middle of this century arrives because of rapidly disappearing fossil fuels.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>You don't give "modern Humans" much credit for anything ... why is that? We're here, the Neanderthals are not. We must have done SOMETHING right. Similarly, the Hindus aren't exactly Masters of the Universe either, that is evolution in action. Survival of the Fittest. Simple really.
Jared Diamond proposed that Neanderthals went extinct for the same reason that all indigneous peoples have become extinct or nearly extinct---modern humans killed them off, usually to steal what they had. Is that what you call doing “SOMETHING right”?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Well, we are either God's special creation or we are products of a natural evolutionary process. If we are 'God's Special Creation' then we have sinned and deserve to die. Is that why you are down on "modern Humans"? In either case we are theoretically able to save ourselves, either by becoming better 'bots or better stewards of the planet. Admittedly, unlikely in both cases. Therefore the outcome is the same regardless and the entire matter of 'what you believe' remains rather pointless.

Actually though ... that is a defeatist attitude. It justifies the 'bots 'great wailing and gnashing of teeth' as they (anxiously) await our inevitable destruction. In fact, we have a proven methodology available that has been shown capable of accomplishing almost anything ... science and technology. Why don't y'all sit down, be quiet and let us Modern Humans fix the problem?
Who says humans are “God’s Special Creation”? As Mark Twain observed, humans were the only ones of His creations God did NOT call good in Genesis 1. Do you really believe humans who deny God, who teach others to deny God, who lie, cheat, steal, and murder for power and personal gain, who have utterly failed to be responsible stewards of this planet are actually more important to God than the sparrows or the lillies of the field? LOL

And how are you atheists gonna fix the problem, bubba? All you atheists have done is replace God with your own version of a “golden calf” a delusional mental construct of what you atheists call “Science”.

“Science” will rescue me says the atheist fool. "You are my god!" Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think. The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, "Why, it's just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a chunk of wood?" The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He is trusting something that can give him no help at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this thing, this idol that I'm holding in my hand, a lie?" -- Isaiah 17-20

LOL Good luck with your “golden calf”....

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14838 Oct 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Turning on an air conditioner or buying a warmer coat hardly qualifies as a modification of the “local environment”, and both of these creature comforts will soon become prohibitively expensive and/or disappear before the middle of this century arrives because of rapidly disappearing fossil fuels.
<quoted text>
Jared Diamond proposed that Neanderthals went extinct for the same reason that all indigneous peoples have become extinct or nearly extinct---modern humans killed them off, usually to steal what they had. Is that what you call doing “SOMETHING right”?
<quoted text>
Who says humans are “God’s Special Creation”? As Mark Twain observed, humans were the only ones of His creations God did NOT call good in Genesis 1. Do you really believe humans who deny God, who teach others to deny God, who lie, cheat, steal, and murder for power and personal gain, who have utterly failed to be responsible stewards of this planet are actually more important to God than the sparrows or the lillies of the field? LOL
And how are you atheists gonna fix the problem, bubba? All you atheists have done is replace God with your own version of a “golden calf” a delusional mental construct of what you atheists call “Science”.
“Science” will rescue me says the atheist fool. "You are my god!" Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think. The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, "Why, it's just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a chunk of wood?" The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He is trusting something that can give him no help at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this thing, this idol that I'm holding in my hand, a lie?" -- Isaiah 17-20
LOL Good luck with your “golden calf”....
There's no such thing as god, its just your mental illness speaking, in denial of the facts.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14839 Oct 8, 2013
When cowardly creationists with no proof of god can decide to become honest decent citizens who can tell the truth, the world will be a much nicer place to live in.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#14840 Oct 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
When cowardly creationists with no proof of god can decide to become honest decent citizens who can tell the truth, the world will be a much nicer place to live in.
Too bad we are already telling the truth

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14841 Oct 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad we are already telling the truth
says the creationist liar with no proof of god.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14843 Oct 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Turning on an air conditioner or buying a warmer coat hardly qualifies as a modification of the “local environment”, and both of these creature comforts will soon become prohibitively expensive and/or disappear before the middle of this century arrives because of rapidly disappearing fossil fuels.
<quoted text>
Jared Diamond proposed that Neanderthals went extinct for the same reason that all indigneous peoples have become extinct or nearly extinct---modern humans killed them off, usually to steal what they had. Is that what you call doing “SOMETHING right”?
<quoted text>
Who says humans are “God’s Special Creation”? As Mark Twain observed, humans were the only ones of His creations God did NOT call good in Genesis 1. Do you really believe humans who deny God, who teach others to deny God, who lie, cheat, steal, and murder for power and personal gain, who have utterly failed to be responsible stewards of this planet are actually more important to God than the sparrows or the lillies of the field? LOL
And how are you atheists gonna fix the problem, bubba? All you atheists have done is replace God with your own version of a “golden calf” a delusional mental construct of what you atheists call “Science”.
“Science” will rescue me says the atheist fool. "You are my god!" Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think. The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, "Why, it's just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a chunk of wood?" The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He is trusting something that can give him no help at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this thing, this idol that I'm holding in my hand, a lie?" -- Isaiah 17-20
LOL Good luck with your “golden calf”....
Ah ... yes it is.

The richest billion are going to do fine, the poorest billion are going to die off and those of us stuck in the middle will continue to toil with little hope of succor.

I've read that there may have been some inter-breeding!

" http://discovermagazine.com/2013/march/14-int... ;

Doesn't sound like killing them off to steal their stuff to me. What killed them off is their environment changed, possibly by the introduction of "modern Humans", they were unable to adapt and they went extinct. End of story.

I don't know what's important to God. I would venture to say that new born (innocent) Humans, sparrows and lilies of the field are all held in the same disregard. Or does your god cause the children to suffer for the sins of their 'father'? Hardly sporting.

Science has a proven track record whereas appeals to deity result in effects indistinguishable from chance.

" http://sequestration.mit.edu/tools/projects/&... ;

Science without a supportive government and a knowledgeable population is powerless.'Bots are dead set to keep this from happening. Best y'all stay out of it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14844 Oct 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad we are already telling the truth
Truthfully recounting what you've been taught to believe (without a shred of evidence) is what y'all are doing. A dangerous lesson and a poor example unless, of course, you WANT your children and your children's children to become religious automatons (AKA Bots or godbots).

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#14845 Oct 9, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad we are already telling the truth
Why is it that your "truth" can't be shown to be true?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14849 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reminding us how weak and feeble your mind is.
Says the liar with no proof of god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14850 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are full-time liars.
Says the creationist liar who can't prove the god he chooses to lie about.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14851 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are full-time liars.
Incorrect.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14852 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
Atheism will never replace religion.
It doesn't have to.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#14854 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
Atheism will never replace religion.
20% of Americans not religious.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/10/09/pe...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14855 Oct 17, 2013
We need to get rid of the idols in Israel (USA) and get back to basics. The actors and jesters are here, the stage is in darkness and clear, for raising the curtain and no ones quite certain whose play it is". Supertramp. It's between Jesus and the real Messiah and it will be a fight to the death. The one who comes back on the Mount of Olives is the winner. All of the players are here in America except David who is yet to be revealed.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14856 Oct 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
We need to get rid of the idols in Israel (USA) and get back to basics. The actors and jesters are here, the stage is in darkness and clear, for raising the curtain and no ones quite certain whose play it is". Supertramp. It's between Jesus and the real Messiah and it will be a fight to the death. The one who comes back on the Mount of Olives is the winner. All of the players are here in America except David who is yet to be revealed.
The basics are: you proving the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14858 Oct 17, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
Atheism will never replace religion.
Without religion, atheism and secularism are of no consequence. There are no 'apixeists' because nobody believes in pixies.

Religion = superstition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 min hpcaban 3,831
Good arguments against Christianity 15 min Eagle 12 168
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 18 min Eagle 12 21,120
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 27 min Eagle 12 18,489
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr u196533dm 461
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Patrick 10,047
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr One way or another 43,127
News Why I quit atheism 8 hr Thinking 694
More from around the web