Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14767 Sep 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought you needed to explain tinnitus to me, I let you know I had it. My bad. <jerk>
Wrong. I posted documented information on BEETHOVEN's physical, mental and emotional condition at the time of his life when he wrote what the world considers his greatest works as a rebuttal to your absurd minimization of his handicaps. YOU are not BEETHOVEN and your personal experience with any ailment is totally irrelevant to the issue.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the personal deep-held beliefs of people. You are not God or a god, although apparently you think you are. Humans create things, all of us to one degree or another. It's probably safe to say that Atheists haven't painted any Last Supper pictures on black velvet, like the one hanging over your skin'n table, but beyond that you're projecting your own inadequacies. Saying one group can but another group can't is just more of the same old prejudicial bull-crapola that's been put out by 'enlightened' people way before you were hatched.
LOL

"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Translation: I don't have to know the "personal deep-held beliefs" of anybody, bubba. What anyone believes is always displayed in their words and deeds. Atheists on this board have displayed their ignorance, arrogance, intolerance, hatred, bigotry, contempt, and willingness to lie, slander and defame innocent people on every page in this thread. There's no doubt about what their "personal deep-held beliefs" are or what they would do if atheists as a group ever gained any kind of political power again. No doubt at all.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14768 Sep 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I posted documented information on BEETHOVEN's physical, mental and emotional condition at the time of his life when he wrote what the world considers his greatest works as a rebuttal to your absurd minimization of his handicaps. YOU are not BEETHOVEN and your personal experience with any ailment is totally irrelevant to the issue.
<quoted text>
LOL
"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Translation: I don't have to know the "personal deep-held beliefs" of anybody, bubba. What anyone believes is always displayed in their words and deeds. Atheists on this board have displayed their ignorance, arrogance, intolerance, hatred, bigotry, contempt, and willingness to lie, slander and defame innocent people on every page in this thread. There's no doubt about what their "personal deep-held beliefs" are or what they would do if atheists as a group ever gained any kind of political power again. No doubt at all.
You said "... tinnitus, a ringing in the ears that interferes with blah, blah, blah ...". Sounds explanatory to me, except for the wildly speculative part about driving sufferers crazy violent or whatever. I'm trying to spare the forum anymore of your blathering.

I was talking about the deeply held beliefs of the artists you say you so deeply admire. I'm sure they would find you frightening. Ciao Bubba!

United States of America

#14769 Sep 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "... tinnitus, a ringing in the ears that interferes with blah, blah, blah ...". Sounds explanatory to me, except for the wildly speculative part about driving sufferers crazy violent or whatever. I'm trying to spare the forum anymore of your blathering.
I was talking about the deeply held beliefs of the artists you say you so deeply admire. I'm sure they would find you frightening. Ciao Bubba!
The "deeply held beliefs" of the world's greatest artists are so well documented, I don't have to guess about them, bubba.

Johann Sebastian Bach
(1685-1750)

In 1708 Bach declared his ultimate purpose in life was to create "well-regulated church music to the glory of God." Bach claimed that "music's only purpose should be for the glory of God and the recreation of the human spirit."

"The aim and final reason of all music was none else but the glory of God." - Bach

Bach initialed his blank manuscripts before he began to compose with "J.J." (Jesu Juva--"Help me, Jesus!) or "I.N.J." (In Nomine Jesu--"In the name of Jesus"). When the manuscipt was done, he initialed "S.D.G." (Soli Deo Gloria--"To God alone, the glory")

George Frederic Handel (1685-1759)

"It pleased the Almighty, to whose great Holy Will I submit myself with Christian submission"
[letter written to his brother-in-law on the death of Handel's mother]

Handel's Messiah

On August 22, 1741, Handel began work on Messiah. He completed its 260 manuscript pages in an astonishingly short 24 days. During this time he rarely ate, or left his room. When writing the Hallelujah chorus, he said, "I did think I did see all Heaven before me, and the Great God Himself." A friend asked him to describe his experience. He could only say, "Whether I was in the body or out of my body when I wrote it I know not."

Handel personally conducted over 30 performances of Messiah, mostly as benefit concerts for a hospital for the poor. The thousands of pounds that Messiah raised for charity led a biographer to say, "Messiah fed the hungry, clothed the naked, fostered the orphan...more than any other single musical production in this or any country." Another said, "Perhaps the works of no other composer have so largely contributed to the relief of human suffering." Another said, "Messiah has probably done more to convince thousands of mankind that there is a God about us than all the theological works ever written."

Near his death, Handel expressed a desire to die before Easter, "in the hopes of meeting his good God, his sweet Lord and Savior, on the Day of His Resurrection."

Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"I have no friend. I must live by myself. I know, however, that God is nearer to me than others. I go without fear to Him, I have constantly recognized and understood Him." [1810; Philip Kruseman, Beethoven's Own Words (London: Hinricksen Edition, 1947) p. 53]
Beethoven was born into a Catholic family, attended other churches as a youth and was taught by Christian Gottlob Neefe, a Protestant believer. Beethoven's many letters and diaries contain dozens of references to God, and his strong personal relationship to Him. In another letter to the Grand Arch Duke Rudolf, the composer wrote,“Nothing higher exists than to approach God more than other people, and from that to extend His glory among humanity.”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14770 Sep 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The "deeply held beliefs" of the world's greatest artists are so well documented, I don't have to guess about them, bubba.
Johann Sebastian Bach
(1685-1750)
In 1708 Bach declared his ultimate purpose in life was to create "well-regulated church music to the glory of God." Bach claimed that "music's only purpose should be for the glory of God and the recreation of the human spirit."
"The aim and final reason of all music was none else but the glory of God." - Bach
Bach initialed his blank manuscripts before he began to compose with "J.J." (Jesu Juva--"Help me, Jesus!) or "I.N.J." (In Nomine Jesu--"In the name of Jesus"). When the manuscipt was done, he initialed "S.D.G." (Soli Deo Gloria--"To God alone, the glory")
"It pleased the Almighty, to whose great Holy Will I submit myself with Christian submission"
Handel's Messiah
On August 22, 1741, Handel began work on Messiah. He completed its 260 manuscript pages in an astonishingly short 24 days. During this time he rarely ate, or left his room. When writing the Hallelujah chorus, he said, "I did think I did see all Heaven before me, and the Great God Himself." A friend asked him to describe his experience. He could only say, "Whether I was in the body or out of my body when I wrote it I know not."
Handel personally conducted over 30 performances of Messiah, mostly as benefit concerts for a hospital for the poor. The thousands of pounds that Messiah raised for charity led a biographer to say, "Messiah fed the hungry, clothed the naked, fostered the orphan...more than any other single musical production in this or any country." Another said, "Perhaps the works of no other composer have so largely contributed to the relief of human suffering." Another said, "Messiah has probably done more to convince thousands of mankind that there is a God about us than all the theological works ever written."
Near his death, Handel expressed a desire to die before Easter, "in the hopes of meeting his good God, his sweet Lord and Savior, on the Day of His Resurrection."
"I have no friend. I must live by myself. I know, however, that God is nearer to me than others. I go without fear to Him, I have constantly recognized and understood Him." [1810; Philip Kruseman, Beethoven's Own Words (London: Hinricksen Edition, 1947) p. 53]
Beethoven was born into a Catholic family, attended other churches as a youth and was taught by Christian Gottlob Neefe, a Protestant believer. Beethoven's many letters and diaries contain dozens of references to God, and his strong personal relationship to Him. In another letter to the Grand Arch Duke Rudolf, the composer wrote,“Nothing higher exists than to approach God more than other people, and from that to extend His glory among humanity.”
As usual, creationists who know they have no evidence have a lot of lying to do!!!

Location hidden

#14771 Sep 27, 2013
When you can prove your god, you won't need to write essays about Beethoven.

Texas, USA

#14772 Sep 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Johann Sebastian Bach
(1685-1750)
Handel's Messiah
On August 22, 1741, Handel began work on Messiah. He completed its 260 manuscript pages in an astonishingly short 24 days. During this time he rarely ate, or left his room. When writing the Hallelujah chorus, he said, "I did think I did see all Heaven before me, and the Great God Himself." A friend asked him to describe his Another said, "Messiah has probably done more to convince thousands of mankind that there is a God about us than all the theological works ever written."
another letter to the Grand Arch Duke Rudolf, the composer wrote,“Nothing higher exists than to approach God more than other people, and from that to extend His glory among humanity.”
Absolutely no doubt, no question at all, that Human imagination, creativity and longing filled our Universe with caring gods, protective angels, avenging demons, intricate crystalline spheres driven with magical clockworks, heroes, incredible stories of wonder, courage and adventure. Striving for some kind of relationship with our imaginative creations we built incredible structures and composed beautiful music.

Unfortunately, we got zilch back. No return on our investment. Nada. The Heavens were strangely silent. Suspicious ... we began to investigate. Science was born. The same imaginative and creative talents were re-channeled ... telescopes, microscopes, computers ... the vast array of Human designed and created tools ... every bit as intricate and beautiful as any symphony, any poem. They've revealed a Universe more awesome than anything we have ever imagined. Cool part is ... no gods ... no demons ... and it's all real.

No matter how bad you want to keep sucking on the shriveled up old teat of superstition, no matter how much good you think it might have done, no matter how beautiful the music, no matter how epic the poetry ... it's time to put it away. Modern day Atheists ... no matter what happened in the past ... don't want to hurt anybody. We don't want anybody to die or get wiped out or ignored or starved to death ... we want everybody to kiss and make up, get educated, find a clean, fair way to utilize our planet's resources and figure out how to get off this damn dirt ball before another killer asteroid selects some new dominant species. Okay? Comprende?

<Sorry. I had to delete large portions of your 'post' to make mine fit. I doubt anybody noticed.>

Texas, USA

#14773 Sep 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Johann Sebastian Bach
(1685-1750)
In 1708 Bach declared his ultimate purpose in life was to create "well-regulated church music to the glory of God." Bach claimed any country." Another said, "Perhaps the works of no other composer have so largely contributed to the relief of human suffering." Another said, "Messiah has probably done more to convince thousands of mankind that there is a God about us than all the theological works ever written."
Absolutely no doubt, no question at all, that Human imagination, creativity and longing filled our Universe with caring gods, protective angels, avenging demons, intricate crystalline spheres driven with magical clockworks, heroes, incredible stories of wonder, courage and adventure. Striving for some kind of relationship with our imaginative creations we built incredible structures and composed beautiful music.

Unfortunately, we got zilch back. No return on our investment. Nada. The Heavens were strangely silent. Suspicious ... we began to investigate. Science was born. The same imaginative and creative talents were re-channeled ... telescopes, microscopes, computers ... the vast array of Human designed and created tools ... every bit as intricate and beautiful as any symphony, any poem. They've revealed a Universe more awesome than anything we have ever imagined. Cool part is ... no gods ... no demons ... and it's all real.

No matter how bad you want to keep sucking on the shriveled up old teat of superstition, no matter how much good you think it might have done, no matter how beautiful the music, no matter how epic the poetry ... it's time to put it away. Modern day Atheists ... no matter what happened in the past ... don't want to hurt anybody. We don't want anybody to die or get wiped out or ignored or starved to death ... we want everybody to kiss and make up, get educated, find a clean, fair way to utilize our planet's resources and figure out how to get off this damn dirt ball before another killer asteroid selects some new dominant species. Okay? Comprende?

<Sorry. I had to delete large portions of your 'post' to make mine fit. I doubt anybody noticed.>

Texas, USA

#14774 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
When you can prove your god, you won't need to write essays about Beethoven.
I personally like Beethoven. Ludwig (or Luddy as his friends call him) dedicated his 9th Symphony to ME in celebration of my first Bar Mitzvah. What Zit fails to relate is how Luddy began to lose his hearing after attending far too many AC-DC concerts, usually stoned.

Since: Sep 13

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#14776 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, creationists who know they have no evidence have a lot of lying to do!!!
No one lay about god

If there is Devil how could you say there is no god

You don't see devil despite of all facts you believe there is Devil and so you don't see soul but you believe in soul

Devil was proved by magician

While soul was proved by scientists
They did capture soul through aura pic

Those atheist believe in physics while physics was disable in explaining why muslim body (shahid) remain same like ours and physics rule didn't apply on them

Their body like ours imagine with skin

You should watch this one to get what I am aiming to say

God promised to save shahid body and here opening grave of muslim after long time

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

It is god power which stopped physics rule
And demolished it

Location hidden

#14777 Sep 29, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No one lay about god
If there is Devil how could you say there is no god
You don't see devil despite of all facts you believe there is Devil and so you don't see soul but you believe in soul
Devil was proved by magician
While soul was proved by scientists
They did capture soul through aura pic
Those atheist believe in physics while physics was disable in explaining why muslim body (shahid) remain same like ours and physics rule didn't apply on them
Their body like ours imagine with skin
You should watch this one to get what I am aiming to say
God promised to save shahid body and here opening grave of muslim after long time
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
It is god power which stopped physics rule
And demolished it
My signature is a personal instruction to you and your failing cult.

United States of America

#14778 Sep 29, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely no doubt, no question at all, that Human imagination, creativity and longing filled our Universe with caring gods, protective angels, avenging demons, intricate crystalline spheres driven with magical clockworks, heroes, incredible stories of wonder, courage and adventure. Striving for some kind of relationship with our imaginative creations we built incredible structures and composed beautiful music.
LOL Is that world history according to atheist anthropology?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, we got zilch back. No return on our investment. Nada. The Heavens were strangely silent. Suspicious ... we began to investigate. Science was born. The same imaginative and creative talents were re-channeled ... telescopes, microscopes, computers ... the vast array of Human designed and created tools ... every bit as intricate and beautiful as any symphony, any poem. They've revealed a Universe more awesome than anything we have ever imagined. Cool part is ... no gods ... no demons ... and it's all real.
No return on your investment? So you’re saying God’s not Santa Claus? Not the Easter Bunny? Not a Magic Genie who grants wishes? LOL

How typical that an ignorant atheist like you would build such a delusional mental construct of reality which ignores historical facts like the world’s greatest scientist were ALL “godbots”. Face it, bubba. If those “godbot” Vedic texts had not been translated in the 19th century, there would never have been a 20th century scientific revolution or any cool toys like computers for you to play with.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Modern day Atheists ... no matter what happened in the past ... don't want to hurt anybody. We don't want anybody to die or get wiped out or ignored or starved to death ... we want everybody to kiss and make up, get educated, find a clean, fair way to utilize our planet's resources and figure out how to get off this damn dirt ball before another killer asteroid selects some new dominant species. Okay? Comprende?
Modern atheists don’t want to hurt anybody like the old atheists did? You mean even though the old atheists murdered 180 million to 240 million “godbots”, robbed, raped, enslaved and exploited hundreds of millions more, murdered tens of thousands of teachers, artists, musicians, writers, poets, clergy in the last century....modern atheists are different? LOL Yeah right, bubba. Whatever you say....

And FYI your sci-fi fantasy of space travel, colonizing other planets, etc is a physical impossibility for humans. Never gonna happen, bubba. Humans were designed for this planet and are effectively Earth bound. There is no escape from the mess we’ve made here on Earth except to clean it up. It appears that God’s plan does not include letting humans spread their filthy messes all over the rest of universe, too.
KJV

United States

#14779 Sep 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>My signature is a personal instruction to you and your failing cult.
Proof of God?

That easy "TIME"

You prove me wrong.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14781 Sep 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of God?
That easy "TIME"
You prove me wrong.
Not at all.... if that were the case then there wouldn't be debate.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14782 Sep 29, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of God?
That easy "TIME"
You prove me wrong.
Well he just might be a Wally world $4.95 china module FMD, but he damned sure is not a Rolex.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#14783 Sep 30, 2013
Beethoven's tinnitus was islamic.
Beethoven was strong enough to keep islamism from taking over.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Beethoven's tinnitus and deafness is not about YOU. Nobody is asking you to judge the "relative severity" of Beethoven's handicap or what your brain "filters out". Both are totally irrelevant to the fact that Beethoven provided a written account about his physical, mental and emotional struggles with tinnitus and deafness. Get it?
Call it "soul", "spirit", "energy", "heart" or whatever you want. If atheists have one like other normal human folk, they would be able to produce artwork as good as or better than folks with Down's Syndrome, or great music, or great poetry, or great literature and there's no evidence that any atheist ever has. If atheists ever had "soul", "spirit", "energy", "heart" or whatever you want to call it, that "it" must have atrophied, shriveled up, and ceased functioning from lack of use at some point and is effectively DOA.

Texas, USA

#14784 Sep 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Is that world history according to atheist anthropology?
<quoted text>
No return on your investment? So you’re saying God’s not Santa Claus? Not the Easter Bunny? Not a Magic Genie who grants wishes? LOL
How typical that an ignorant atheist like you would build such a delusional mental construct of reality which ignores historical facts like the world’s greatest scientist were ALL “godbots”. Face it, bubba. If those “godbot” Vedic texts had not been translated in the 19th century, there would never have been a 20th century scientific revolution or any cool toys like computers for you to play with.
<quoted text>
Modern atheists don’t want to hurt anybody like the old atheists did? You mean even though the old atheists murdered 180 million to 240 million “godbots”, robbed, raped, enslaved and exploited hundreds of millions more, murdered tens of thousands of teachers, artists, musicians, writers, poets, clergy in the last century....modern atheists are different? LOL Yeah right, bubba. Whatever you say....
And FYI your sci-fi fantasy of space travel, colonizing other planets, etc is a physical impossibility for humans. Never gonna happen, bubba. Humans were designed for this planet and are effectively Earth bound. There is no escape from the mess we’ve made here on Earth except to clean it up. It appears that God’s plan does not include letting humans spread their filthy messes all over the rest of universe, too.
Nope.

I'm saying Mankind has put a lot into 'praising God' and ain't got much out of it. Look around.

Sounds like to me you think we ought to be praising the 'Vedic texts'.

"The Vedas contain hymns, incantations, and rituals from ancient India. Along with the Book of the Dead, the Enuma Elish, the I Ching, and the Avesta, they are among the most ancient religious texts still in existence. Besides their spiritual value, they also give a unique view of everyday life in India four thousand years ago. The Vedas are also the most ancient extensive texts in an Indo-European language, and as such are invaluable in the study of comparative linguistics." < www.sacred-texts.com >

So you're saying without the "hymns, incantations and rituals" from these all important texts, we wouldn't have had the 20th Century Scientific Revolution? I find that rather preposterous!!

I embrace the idea "ignore the mistakes of the past, doomed to repeat them". You have somehow turned this around. Your version is "wave around the mistakes of the past, so that no progress can be made towards a better future". Quaint. We are all a LOT SMARTER now, even some of you 'bots! We have access to much more detailed and accurate information regarding our true place in the Universe. Besides ... those people are all dead now. We're the living, we are in charge now. We owe it to the dead to build on what they left us and make the world a better place. It's a far nobler and less selfish cause than simply preparing yourself for some kind of personal blissed-out eternity.

Wow. I think it's cool that a Godbot, someone who believes in Supreme-All-Powerful-Creator-B eings would ever say something is "impossible". What if he decided that's what he wanted us to do? What if that IS what he wants us to do and we ain't doing it because lame ducks like you are running around telling everybody it's "impossible"? You're going to Hell, fella ... hate to tell you that. If for no other reason than having the temerity to think your puny mind can encompass God's plan for us!! If I was God, I'd squash you like a gnat ... just on general principles.

Anyway, you take me aback ... nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in a Universe with a Supreme Omnipotent Being (SOB) in it. I thought that was the very FOUNDATION of y'alls belief system!! I'm shocked!

I'm not necessarily talking colonizing other star systems, L5 is fine, Terra-forming Mars, build a "Ringworld" ... who knows.
JBH

Surrey, Canada

#14786 Sep 30, 2013
History will show it is a bad business of Russia to call on the removal of Syria's chemical weapons in order to have USA not to strike it--Weapons in the hands of US are bad.
In other words, the message is clear--people must do according to what others (like US) say to them, like criminals pointing guns to people to assault or force and rape them.
US is seen as a bad country by using weapons to do abuses and rapes of the world people. US is bad because it cannot have reasoning cause but uses threats all the time to pose insecurity to the world's safety defense.
That is the same way of how violences run wildly and rampantly in US .
By still calling for bad a country US (e.g., to dismantle Syria weapons) is very bad business.
History has shown not the crazy Saddam (no matter how much he was unlikable), but exhibited the insane, crazy Bush from US by using weapons inspection invasion.
History has shown only better militaries and weapons in certain and smaller countries are safer than in US--as US is now like former WWII Japan and Germany, by making the world dangerous and alarmed on the planet.
The business is bad because they think that way, that weapons such as chemical or other sorts like nuclear are dangerous in the hands of Syria, THAT THEY HAVE TO DESTROY THOSE OF SYRIA--having stories just like the Iraq having chemical weapons, or others' like North Korea and Iran for Nukes.
The business is bad because people don't want to see again time after time to go on to do the same thing to dismantle the same thing like Iraq's WMD as this time the other Syria.
It is bad business because history will show that is very bad--as it demonstrates THAT IS SO BAD that they never learn for Iraq, AS it does resemble as bad AS IRAQ inspection, just as the inspection being alike to A VERY BAD BUSINESS BY BUSH.
That is also a very bad business by Obama calling redline on Syria because US makes very bad case these days. US cannot prove it and thinks it will invade any country by exerting its military which poses threats to many countries and people around the world--that tells US is a very rampant and deranged country, which says it still wants to do military all the time in this modern century by picking on others to say to strike and slaughter them (like criminals having weapons to threaten others to do assault and abuses and so on.)
That is why Weapons in the hands of US is bad.
The business is so bad to do again to Syria as it has not enough the Iraq DESTRUCTION of WMD again.
That is very bad business because US already has enough big weapons. But to call on smaller countries, such as North Korea and Iran having nukes as a threat is ridiculous.
BY simple logic, only big weapons have threats to under-armed countries like NK and Iran, Syria (by needing defense.)
UN is bad because it does bad business to disarm small countries, but not US as its weapons have not been used for defense, but for doing invasion and massacre.
BY the paradox of the symbolic logic, no country to build defense weapons, including nukes as needed is a threat to US, since it already has enough, big military, weapons and nukes.
US military and weapons are constant threats to the world at all time high instead, as it still thinks it wants to do lots of wars and to strike others these days, as wanting to do unwanted things like another Hitler after Hitler period.
World History will prove all these to this new world moving to the future.
Weapons in the hands of US are bad, as world history having been proven that use of weapons and US military is very bad from the time after WWII.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#14787 Sep 30, 2013
1. I have a low opinion of Bush (both of them) but Saddam Hussein was still a cu*t anyway.

2. I didn't want to get rid of Hussein. I wanted to keep him bottled up. Hussein kept Iran on their toes. When muslim factions murder each other, as they have for 1400 years, they are less likely to be killing others.

3. Like most proper countries, the US does not use chemical weapons and signed the Chemical Weapons Convention. It is weird to see that Egypt did not sign. Israel has said their signature is waiting on Egypt.

4. The rest of your shite was just a caps lock rant.
JBH wrote:
History will show it is a bad business of Russia to call on the removal of Syria's chemical weapons in order to have USA not to strike it--Weapons in the hands of US are bad.
In other words, the message is clear--people must do according to what others (like US) say to them, like criminals pointing guns to people to assault or force and rape them.
US is seen as a bad country by using weapons to do abuses and rapes of the world people. US is bad because it cannot have reasoning cause but uses threats all the time to pose insecurity to the world's safety defense.
That is the same way of how violences run wildly and rampantly in US .
By still calling for bad a country US (e.g., to dismantle Syria weapons) is very bad business.
History has shown not the crazy Saddam (no matter how much he was unlikable), but exhibited the insane, crazy Bush from US by using weapons inspection invasion.
History has shown only better militaries and weapons in certain and smaller countries are safer than in US--as US is now like former WWII Japan and Germany, by making the world dangerous and alarmed on the planet.
The business is bad because they think that way, that weapons such as chemical or other sorts like nuclear are dangerous in the hands of Syria, THAT THEY HAVE TO DESTROY THOSE OF SYRIA--having stories just like the Iraq having chemical weapons, or others' like North Korea and Iran for Nukes.
The business is bad because people don't want to see again time after time to go on to do the same thing to dismantle the same thing like Iraq's WMD as this time the other Syria.
It is bad business because history will show that is very bad--as it demonstrates THAT IS SO BAD that they never learn for Iraq, AS it does resemble as bad AS IRAQ inspection, just as the inspection being alike to A VERY BAD BUSINESS BY BUSH.
That is also a very bad business by Obama calling redline on Syria because US makes very bad case these days. US cannot prove it and thinks it will invade any country by exerting its military which poses threats to many countries and people around the world--that tells US is a very rampant and deranged country, which says it still wants to do military all the time in this modern century by picking on others to say to strike and slaughter them (like criminals having weapons to threaten others to do assault and abuses and so on.)
That is why Weapons in the hands of US is bad.
The business is so bad to do again to Syria as it has not enough the Iraq DESTRUCTION of WMD again.
That is very bad business because US already has enough big weapons. But to call on smaller countries, such as North Korea and Iran having nukes as a threat is ridiculous.
BY simple logic, only big weapons have threats to under-armed countries like NK and Iran, Syria (by needing defense.)
UN is bad because it does bad business to disarm small countries, but not US as its weapons have not been used for defense, but for doing invasion and massacre.
BY the paradox of the symbolic logic, no country to build defense weapons, including nukes as needed is a threat to US, since it already has enough, big military, weapons and nukes.
US military and weapons are constant threats to the world at all time high instead, as it still thinks it wants to do lots of wars and to strike others these days, as wanting to do unwanted things like another Hitler after Hitler period...

United States of America

#14788 Oct 1, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I'm saying Mankind has put a lot into 'praising God' and ain't got much out of it. Look around.
Sounds like to me you think we ought to be praising the 'Vedic texts'.
"The Vedas contain hymns, incantations, and rituals from ancient India. Along with the Book of the Dead, the Enuma Elish, the I Ching, and the Avesta, they are among the most ancient religious texts still in existence. Besides their spiritual value, they also give a unique view of everyday life in India four thousand years ago. The Vedas are also the most ancient extensive texts in an Indo-European language, and as such are invaluable in the study of comparative linguistics." < www.sacred-texts.com >
So you're saying without the "hymns, incantations and rituals" from these all important texts, we wouldn't have had the 20th Century Scientific Revolution? I find that rather preposterous!!
I embrace the idea "ignore the mistakes of the past, doomed to repeat them". You have somehow turned this around. Your version is "wave around the mistakes of the past, so that no progress can be made towards a better future". Quaint. We are all a LOT SMARTER now, even some of you 'bots! We have access to much more detailed and accurate information regarding our true place in the Universe. Besides ... those people are all dead now. We're the living, we are in charge now. We owe it to the dead to build on what they left us and make the world a better place. It's a far nobler and less selfish cause than simply preparing yourself for some kind of personal blissed-out eternity.
Wow. I think it's cool that a Godbot, someone who believes in Supreme-All-Powerful-Creator-B eings would ever say something is "impossible". What if he decided that's what he wanted us to do? What if that IS what he wants us to do and we ain't doing it because lame ducks like you are running around telling everybody it's "impossible"? You're going to Hell, fella ... hate to tell you that. If for no other reason than having the temerity to think your puny mind can encompass God's plan for us!! If I was God, I'd squash you like a gnat ... just on general principles.
Anyway, you take me aback ... nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in a Universe with a Supreme Omnipotent Being (SOB) in it. I thought that was the very FOUNDATION of y'alls belief system!! I'm shocked!
I'm not necessarily talking colonizing other star systems, L5 is fine, Terra-forming Mars, build a "Ringworld" ... who knows.
So you praised, prayed, sang hymms, etc, etc, etc, but the good Lord still didn’t buy you a Mercedes Benz or a color tv or even a night on the town? No return on your “investment”? Zilch? LOL Poor poor pitiful you....

Mistakes? The hundreds of millions of robbed, raped, tortured and murdered victims of 20th century atheists were just a "mistake" that ought to be forgiven? LOL When pigs fly and hell freezes over....which ever comes first.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#14789 Oct 1, 2013
What is it about Mercs that obsesses muslims?

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
So you praised, prayed, sang hymms, etc, etc, etc, but the good Lord still didn’t buy you a Mercedes Benz or a color tv or even a night on the town? No return on your “investment”? Zilch? LOL Poor poor pitiful you....
Mistakes? The hundreds of millions of robbed, raped, tortured and murdered victims of 20th century atheists were just a "mistake" that ought to be forgiven? LOL When pigs fly and hell freezes over....which ever comes first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There are no such things as gods or fairies 5 min JustASkeptic 15
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 6 min Reason Personified 4,337
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min Demon Finder 13,156
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min MIDutch 30,969
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min ChristineM 255,199
Majority of Scots now have no religion 18 min Eagle 12 2
News How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life 22 min Eagle 12 17
More from around the web