Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14739 Sep 25, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... we either all got one, or none of us ... right? Or is it only the anointed, special, selected, enlightened, chosen, egotistical ones?
Do atheists have souls like other human beings? If you, as an atheist, don’t think you have a soul, you probably don’t. Beethoven was deaf but he could still hear, see, and feel music with his soul and cranked out some great stuff. If atheists can’t see, hear, or feel like normal or even handicapped humans, it’s logical to assume atheists simply lack souls.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>"Great composers" are a relatively small percentage of the population and 'atheists' are a relative small percentage of the population. Great Composers are smarter than the average bear ... Atheists are smarter than the average bear. It's really not Rocket Science. One minute we have a "soul" and the next we're just a bunch of brain chemicals ... you got to decide, Pal ... which is it?
Good example of tortured logic. Is that what you were shooting for?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Historically there have been a great many 'heretics' tortured and executed. I presume declaring one's unbelief would be considered heretical. The Inquisition alone accounted for the deaths of (perhaps) millions. There's only the flimsiest of veils keeping most modern 'bots from getting 'all medieval' on us today.
LOL Even your revisionist history of the Inquisition can’t support your claim that ANY atheists were ever killed or harmed in any way. The Roman Catholic church had a long documented history of eliminating dissent by executing dissenters beginning with the Council at Nicea circa 327 AD. Its targets were ALWAYS religious folks, not atheists. And, it was THOUSANDS, not millions, executed during the Inquistion.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
My custom Yahoo home screen has space for 7 'world news headlines'. I noted yesterday that 5 of the 7 were headlining Islamic atrocities. Rational fears are not phobias. Islam is absolutely everything BAD about religion amplified, condensed and pumped up with steroids.
Since it is now common knowledge that Zionist Jews control the global media in general and the US media in particular. In this article, David Horowitz justifies and rationalizes Jewish controlled media:

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jews-do-contro...

It is also common knowledge that the Israeli agenda is to saturate media outlets and internet discussion boards with Islamophobic “hasbara”, i.e. propaganda:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/islamophobia-how...

No surprise that you would drink their koolaid. Peddling Islamophobia in the US is a cash cow for Jewish atheists like Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller, David Horowitz, Alan Dershowitz, etc. If you are a non-Jew regurgitating their poison on Topix for free....why?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
All music clearly appeals to something 'primitive' in all of us and you can't get more 'primitive' than our African Genesis. Anything else ain't "roots" ... it's branches from a tree already sprouted.
What “something”‘primitive?

There’s no empirical evidence that music developed in Africa. The oldest archaeological evidence for human music is a bone flute found in a Neanderthal campsite in Slovenia dated to 50,000 BC. The distance between the second and third holes of the flute is twice that between the third and fourth holes, which is consistent with the whole and half-tones of the diatonic scale. The earliest known musical score is Sumerian, dating to approximately 1400 BC. It was decoded and played in the 1970’s--diatonic scale and sounds like a melody from an American folk song or lullaby.
Alex Bensonsss

Suwanee, GA

#14740 Sep 25, 2013
The problem with Atheism is there is no one to talk to during sex. "Oh GOD!"

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14741 Sep 25, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Do atheists have souls like other human beings? If you, as an atheist, don’t think you have a soul, you probably don’t. Beethoven was deaf but he could still hear, see, and feel music with his soul and cranked out some great stuff. If atheists can’t see, hear, or feel like normal or even handicapped humans, it’s logical to assume atheists simply lack souls.
<quoted text>
Good example of tortured logic. Is that what you were shooting for?
<quoted text>
LOL Even your revisionist history of the Inquisition can’t support your claim that ANY atheists were ever killed or harmed in any way. The Roman Catholic church had a long documented history of eliminating dissent by executing dissenters beginning with the Council at Nicea circa 327 AD. Its targets were ALWAYS religious folks, not atheists. And, it was THOUSANDS, not millions, executed during the Inquistion.
<quoted text>
Since it is now common knowledge that Zionist Jews control the global media in general and the US media in particular. In this article, David Horowitz justifies and rationalizes Jewish controlled media:
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jews-do-contro...
It is also common knowledge that the Israeli agenda is to saturate media outlets and internet discussion boards with Islamophobic “hasbara”, i.e. propaganda:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/islamophobia-how...
No surprise that you would drink their koolaid. Peddling Islamophobia in the US is a cash cow for Jewish atheists like Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller, David Horowitz, Alan Dershowitz, etc. If you are a non-Jew regurgitating their poison on Topix for free....why?
<quoted text>
What “something”‘primitive?
There’s no empirical evidence that music developed in Africa. The oldest archaeological evidence for human music is a bone flute found in a Neanderthal campsite in Slovenia dated to 50,000 BC. The distance between the second and third holes of the flute is twice that between the third and fourth holes, which is consistent with the whole and half-tones of the diatonic scale. The earliest known musical score is Sumerian, dating to approximately 1400 BC. It was decoded and played in the 1970’s--diatonic scale and sounds like a melody from an American folk song or lullaby.
He wasn't born deaf so his memory, intellect and imagination allowed him to keep composing. No "soul" required.

Atheists have the same sensory and cognitive capabilities of any Human Beings.

The "media" now includes everybody with a smart phone and internet. Just to make sure, the Jihadists transmit their own little 'broadcasts'. Nobody is 'controlling' anything. What 'saturates' the Internet are those items that pique people's interest ... like Miley Cyrus's tongue or who is claiming responsibility for this or that suicide bombing.

I'm not consciously "regurgitating" anything. I access information, balance it with my own experience and offer personal opinion. If anybody is willing to pay for that ... where do I sign up?

"Islamophobia" is not a real word. It is a vile bit of political vomit you constantly regurgitate. A "cash cow"?... oh, the Jews and their money, huh? You are so blinded with prejudice and hatred you do not even realize how ridiculous you sound.

I'm not interested in music origins. Banging drums around a campfire would seem primitive enough, could have started anywhere.
Thinking

UK

#14742 Sep 26, 2013
So you believe individuals get to choose whether they have a soul or not? If so, you also believe only believers can go to hell.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LCNLin

United States

#14743 Sep 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you believe individuals get to choose whether they have a soul or not? If so, you also believe only believers can go to hell.
<quoted text>
Quantitative materialists need Mumbo Jumbo to defend the atheist religion
LOL

Texas, USA

#14744 Sep 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantitative materialists need Mumbo Jumbo to defend the atheist religion
LOL
Quantitative Materialists? I guess if we all used more bigger words fewer of us would need so many smaller words!!
Thinking

UK

#14745 Sep 26, 2013
Whether big or small, I see little evidence that Lincock understands the meaning of such words.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantitative Materialists? I guess if we all used more bigger words fewer of us would need so many smaller words!!

United States of America

#14746 Sep 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't born deaf so his memory, intellect and imagination allowed him to keep composing. No "soul" required.
One of the symptoms of Beethoven’s deafness was tinnitus, a ringing in the ears that interferes with mental functions and even drives some people to violence and insanity.

Beethoven’s own words indicate he derived the courage to overcome his physical and emotional ailments and the faith that he could and would complete his artistic destiny from his soul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiligenstadt_Te...
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists have the same sensory and cognitive capabilities of any Human Beings.
Maybe, but the lack of any great works of art, music, poetry, literature, etc seems to indicate they certainly don’t use the same sensory and cognitive capabilities that other humans do. I’ve seen art exhibits featuring incredible artwork by people with Down’s Syndrome. Atheists? Nothing...zip, nada, zero.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The "media" now includes everybody with a smart phone and internet. Just to make sure, the Jihadists transmit their own little 'broadcasts'. Nobody is 'controlling' anything. What 'saturates' the Internet are those items that pique people's interest ... like Miley Cyrus's tongue or who is claiming responsibility for this or that suicide bombing.
LOL Sounds like your mainlining the atheist Jew kosher koolaid, bubba.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not consciously "regurgitating" anything. I access information, balance it with my own experience and offer personal opinion. If anybody is willing to pay for that ... where do I sign up?
Try Nina Rosenwald. She’s the sugar mama of “Islamophobia”

http://www.thenation.com/article/168374/sugar...
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
"Islamophobia" is not a real word. It is a vile bit of political vomit you constantly regurgitate. A "cash cow"?... oh, the Jews and their money, huh? You are so blinded with prejudice and hatred you do not even realize how ridiculous you sound.
Not a real word? It produces over 2.5 million hits on google search

http://www.google.com/search...

On the other hand, your favorite word, i.e.“godbot”, only produced a measely 48,000 + google hits.

And,“Islamophobia” has its own Wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamophobia

Islamophobia is a neologism (new word) used generally to refer to the new prejudice against, hatred towards, irrational fear of, or racism towards Muslims.

Good read from Salon titled:“Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens: New Atheists flirt with Islamophobia”

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/30/dawkins_harri...
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in music origins. Banging drums around a campfire would seem primitive enough, could have started anywhere.
LOL Probably not interested in the origins of mathematics,harmonics or other sciences either, huh?

A 50,000 year old Neanderthal flute carved from an animal bone designed to produce the whole and half-tones of the diatonic scale is the oldest musical instrument in existence. And, the Neandethal design is sophisticated, NOT primitive.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.... There is NO archaeological evidence to support your theory that drums were the first musical instruments developed by humans.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#14747 Sep 26, 2013
EZ...you are long winded, off topic, and quite boring.
Just saying.....get over yourself, little dick.
You are male right...when god created man, she was only joking.

Location hidden

#14748 Sep 26, 2013
I know big words to EZ,

braggadocious

A big braggart usually with a small deficience

Darn that dude is so braggadocious i bet he has a uber small penis
LCNLin

United States

#14749 Sep 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... we either all got one, or none of us ... right? Or is it only the anointed, special, selected, enlightened, chosen, egotistical ones?
"Great composers" are a relatively small percentage of the population and 'atheists' are a relative small percentage of the population. Great Composers are smarter than the average bear ... Atheists are smarter than the average bear. It's really not Rocket Science. One minute we have a "soul" and the next we're just a bunch of brain chemicals ... you got to decide, Pal ... which is it?
Historically there have been a great many 'heretics' tortured and executed. I presume declaring one's unbelief would be considered heretical. The Inquisition alone accounted for the deaths of (perhaps) millions. There's only the flimsiest of veils keeping most modern 'bots from getting 'all medieval' on us today.
"Atheists are smarter than the average bear"

according to atheists,:-)
another smug idea
not supported by their posts on the thread...

take OCD "you know who" with ten posts in a row.
LOL

Location hidden

#14750 Sep 26, 2013
Too*

Location hidden

#14751 Sep 26, 2013
People always act shocked when I tell them that I am a devoted atheist. I get so sick of them trying to save me. They dont like it when I tell them that they are brainwashed. The whole idea is to emotionally support and control the masses.
nutjobs here

Kfar Saba, Israel

#14752 Sep 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
http://www.thenation.com/article/168374/sugar...
<quoted text>
http://www.google.com/search...
On the other hand, your favorite word, i.e.“godbot”, only produced a measely 48,000 + google hits.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamophobia
Islamophobia is a neologism (new word) used generally to refer to the new prejudice against, hatred towards, irrational fear of, or racism towards Muslims.
Good read from Salon titled:“Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens: New Atheists flirt with Islamophobia”
http://www.salon.com/2013/03/30/dawkins_harri...
<quoted text>
LOL Probably not interested in the origins of mathematics,harmonics or other sciences either, huh?
A 50,000 year old Neanderthal flute carved from an animal bone designed to produce the whole and half-tones of the diatonic scale is the oldest musical instrument in existence. And, the Neandethal design is sophisticated, NOT primitive.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.... There is NO archaeological evidence to support your theory that drums were the first musical instruments developed by humans.
The definition of a Phobia is an irrational fear. Fearing Islam is not irrational you just need to open your eyes to see the terror they cause throughout the world.
Nearly every Muslim country oppresses women, other religions, homosexuals, freedom of speech etc. The more Muslims in a country the more trouble they cause have you never seen the % list of Muslims by country and how they react in each place depending on their numbers?
While its a real word its just another piece of propaganda to go with Multiculturalism and Political Correctness. Basically there are some thing you can talk about but mostly only if you are on the left, not white, and being Muslim helps.
Cultures are better and worse than each other.
Political Correctness is another way to restrict freedom of speech.

Oh and ISLAM IS NOT A RACE.

The continuous claims of people targeting Islam violently is mostly a myth. A bit like man made global warming they have no real evidence but make the claims anyways and are willing to warp the stats to portray their agenda as reality.

Muslims have carried out 20,000 terror attacks in the past decade.

Not sure why are so defensive when you spend your whole time writing BS about Jews and Israel.

Why was 20% of the Middle East Christian 100 years ago and since the Muslims in the region have been given their own Autonomy the number has dropped to under 5%?

What do people like Geller and Spencer say which isn't true?? From my understanding Spencer knows more about Islam than most Muslims who can't even read Arabic.

FYI I would never target an individual because they are Muslim and would even protect one if they were being attacked. The religion as a political tool as its used in many places is the problem. As long as you do not force your beliefs on me I can't care less what you want to do. This is not the case sadly.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14753 Sep 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
another smug idea
LOL
Failed creationist troll poster who's lies about god and atheitsts have stopped working in this forum,

Texas, USA

#14754 Sep 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the symptoms of Beethoven’s deafness was tinnitus, a ringing in the ears that interferes with mental functions and even drives some people to violence and insanity.
Beethoven’s own words indicate he derived the courage to overcome his physical and emotional ailments and the faith that he could and would complete his artistic destiny from his soul.

Maybe, but the lack of any great works of art, music, poetry, literature, etc seems to indicate they certainly don’t use the same sensory and cognitive capabilities that other humans do. I’ve seen art exhibits featuring incredible artwork by people with Down’s Syndrome. Atheists? Nothing...zip, nada, zero.
<quoted text>

http://www.google.com/search... ;

Yeah. I'm familiar with Tinnitus. I can't judge relative severity, but my brain seems to filter it out most of the time.

There's two important variations on what a 'soul' is. Both involve the 'essence' or 'persona' of an individual ... yada, yada, yada.'Bots say this 'essence' survives after death, going on to enjoy an eternity in Heaven, or transcendence to some new body or yada, yada, yada. Atheists, of course, believe it dies with the body. One is touchy, feely, feel good, mystical BS ... the other is chemistry. Beethoven ... unquestionably a musical genius, did not have the intellectual 'tools' to understand the nature of the 'soul'.

Duh ... there's nothing inspirational about Atheism. There's plenty in life that is inspiring without having to cling to fantasies. I don't even think of myself as an 'Atheist' most of the time. It pales to insignificance ... exactly where 'nothing' belongs. Not some over-riding force or motivation. You people that can fire yourselves up to all manner of atrocity and indignation over 'religion' are quite pitiful actually.

I'm quite content to lump Muslims in the general category of 'godbots' and leave it at that. But you people won't have it. Most of you presume we are just 'knocking Christianity' and complain that we are 'ignoring' or too afraid to mention Islam. So okay ... knock, knock Islam ... POOF!!... we become "Islamophobic". I say it's not a 'real word' because my spell checker does not recognize it as such. Frankly ... I don't think it's worth adding to the Dictionary.

"Origins" are interesting enough. I investigate them as the mood strikes. I haven't heard or seen anything about a 50000 year old Neanderthal bone flute drilled to reproduce the 'diatonic scale'... which I presume is the DO-REY-ME thing. Frankly, I don't believe it. It's an 'extra-ordinary claim' and I'd like to see a link to a reputable publication. A 'drum' can be as simple as a hollow log. Doesn't preserve well. Hollow logs predate our ability to carve bone or the invention of the 'diatonic scale' by millions of years. Which do you think we learned to 'play' first?

Texas, USA

#14755 Sep 27, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
another smug idea
LOL
I didn't make that up. Here's the first link that popped up searching 'Atheist IQ'...

" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23959... ;

... there's a lot more. Try to believe me when I say that I am struck down in awe of truly 'intelligent' people. I do not consider myself one of them. I said it before and I'll say it again ... "dumb as a rock" ... that's me.

Texas, USA

#14756 Sep 27, 2013
nutjobs here wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of a Phobia is an irrational fear. Fearing Islam is not irrational you just need to open your eyes to see the terror they cause throughout the world.
Nearly every Muslim country oppresses women, other religions, homosexuals, freedom of speech etc. The more Muslims in a country the more trouble they cause have you never seen the % list of Muslims by country and how they react in each place depending on their numbers?
While its a real word its just another piece of propaganda to go with Multiculturalism and Political Correctness. Basically there are some thing you can talk about but mostly only if you are on the left, not white, and being Muslim helps.
Cultures are better and worse than each other.
Political Correctness is another way to restrict freedom of speech.
Oh and ISLAM IS NOT A RACE.
The continuous claims of people targeting Islam violently is mostly a myth. A bit like man made global warming they have no real evidence but make the claims anyways and are willing to warp the stats to portray their agenda as reality.
Muslims have carried out 20,000 terror attacks in the past decade.
Not sure why are so defensive when you spend your whole time writing BS about Jews and Israel.
Why was 20% of the Middle East Christian 100 years ago and since the Muslims in the region have been given their own Autonomy the number has dropped to under 5%?
What do people like Geller and Spencer say which isn't true?? From my understanding Spencer knows more about Islam than most Muslims who can't even read Arabic.
FYI I would never target an individual because they are Muslim and would even protect one if they were being attacked. The religion as a political tool as its used in many places is the problem. As long as you do not force your beliefs on me I can't care less what you want to do. This is not the case sadly.
Well said!

We've all 'grown up' with Islamic Terrorism. From early airline hijacks to more modern 'mass destruction' episodes the only 'rational purpose' to all this is to terrorize. They've succeeded ... it's not in any way, shape or form irrational ... we fear and distrust them. Phobia doesn't seem quite appropriate ... revulsion maybe? I'm certainly repulsed by bloodshed, violence, suppression of Human rights ... all of which revolve around Islam like little moons around a planet. 20000 terrorist attacks? Sounds about right.

If there were 'Jewish media controllers' it seems they've lost out to the Muslim appeasers. Everything from Barack Hussein in the White House to "The Journey of Islam" at the Natural History Museum suggests to me that we are being re-programmed. By whom and to what ultimate purpose I'm not sure. Not a more peaceful planet, that's for sure. Even if all 7 billion of us started worshiping Allah tomorrow ... there would quickly form enough variations and off-shoot sects to keep us all killing each other till the Sun goes nova.

United States of America

#14757 Sep 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
We've all 'grown up' with Islamic Terrorism. From early airline hijacks to more modern 'mass destruction' episodes the only 'rational purpose' to all this is to terrorize. They've succeeded ... it's not in any way, shape or form irrational ... we fear and distrust them. Phobia doesn't seem quite appropriate ... revulsion maybe? I'm certainly repulsed by bloodshed, violence, suppression of Human rights ... all of which revolve around Islam like little moons around a planet. 20000 terrorist attacks? Sounds about right.
If there were 'Jewish media controllers' it seems they've lost out to the Muslim appeasers. Everything from Barack Hussein in the White House to "The Journey of Islam" at the Natural History Museum suggests to me that we are being re-programmed. By whom and to what ultimate purpose I'm not sure. Not a more peaceful planet, that's for sure. Even if all 7 billion of us started worshiping Allah tomorrow ... there would quickly form enough variations and off-shoot sects to keep us all killing each other till the Sun goes nova.
The airline hijackings you blame on Muslims were orchestrated and carried out by Palestinian CHRISTIANS.

But you blame it on the Muslims???

Don't let little things like FACTS disturb your bigoted mental construct of reality, bubba. Keep drinking that atheist Jew kosher koolaid. Their recipe was specifically designed to appeal to ignorant bubbas like you .....

Texas, USA

#14758 Sep 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The airline hijackings you blame on Muslims were orchestrated and carried out by Palestinian CHRISTIANS.
But you blame it on the Muslims???
Don't let little things like FACTS disturb your bigoted mental construct of reality, bubba. Keep drinking that atheist Jew kosher koolaid. Their recipe was specifically designed to appeal to ignorant bubbas like you .....
Nope. The ones I blame on Muslims were done by Muslims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Dogen 14,659
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr EXPERT 234,651
Christianity Created Hitler 9 hr Uncle Sam 213
Why Evil Disproves Atheism 10 hr Luke1981 7
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 10 hr NoahLovesU 1,245
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 10 hr NoahLovesU 2,844
The Consequences of Atheism 11 hr ChristineM 77
More from around the web