Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14725 Sep 21, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
LOL

What am I? Just a plain ol' garden variety truth seeker, bubba.

What do my friends call me? By my name, of course.

Who wrote my "Handbook"? Buddha, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jesus, etc but mostly Jesus. His Sermon on the Mount is awesome....especially if it is read and studied AFTER one acquires an understanding of quantum physics. Amazing. IMO Jesus was and is the benchmark for the quantum possibility of human potential. I also like Deuteronomy 29....Moses' guide to the laws of cause and effect aka Karma.

My family hails from Ireland, Scotland, and England--both sides, all the way back to 827 AD. My paternal branch emigrated to Pennsylvania in 1604 and I am the direct descendant of three of the men who signed the US Declaration of Independence. And, yes, I was educated in this beautiful country in both private and public schools.

How about you, bubba?
Well now I guess that's supposed to make you special, but what's your problem with atheists if you have been schooled so thoroughly about this country?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#14726 Sep 21, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Who wrote my "Handbook"? Buddha, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jesus, etc but mostly Jesus. His Sermon on the Mount is awesome....especially if it is read and studied AFTER one acquires an understanding of quantum physics. Amazing. IMO Jesus was and is the benchmark for the quantum possibility of human potential. I also like Deuteronomy 29....Moses' guide to the laws of cause and effect aka Karma.
My family hails from Ireland, Scotland, and England--both sides, all the way back to 827 AD. My paternal branch emigrated to Pennsylvania in 1604 and I am the direct descendant of three of the men who signed the US Declaration of Independence. And, yes, I was educated in this beautiful country in both private and public schools.
How about you, bubba?
Another shot of taqiyya* from the lying Islamic hate monger.

* taqiyya= Lying and cheating in the Arab world is not really a moral matter but a method of safeguarding honor and status, avoiding shame, and at all times exploiting possibilities, for those with the wits for it, deftly and expeditiously to convert shame into honor on their own account and vice versa for their opponents. If honor so demands, lies and cheating may become absolute imperatives.”[David Pryce-Jones,“The Closed Circle” An interpretation of the Arabs, p4]

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14727 Sep 21, 2013
Jim Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Another shot of taqiyya* from the lying Islamic hate monger.
* taqiyya= Lying and cheating in the Arab world is not really a moral matter but a method of safeguarding honor and status, avoiding shame, and at all times exploiting possibilities, for those with the wits for it, deftly and expeditiously to convert shame into honor on their own account and vice versa for their opponents. If honor so demands, lies and cheating may become absolute imperatives.”[David Pryce-Jones,“The Closed Circle” An interpretation of the Arabs, p4]
The Hebrew word “hasbara” refers to Israel’s propaganda efforts to improve its image abroad, to justify its actions, and defend itself in world opinion. It is a public diplomacy effort undertaken by Israeli government officers, or individuals in target countries (public or private efforts; group or individual efforts).

Israel portrays itself as fighting on two fronts: against the Palestinians/Arabs and world opinion. The latter is dealt with hasbara. The premise of hasbara is that Israel's problems are a matter of better propaganda, and not one of an underlying unjust situation.

Israel’s Hasbara Handbook instructs its “internet soldiers” on attacking the messenger and avoiding the message at all costs ‘in ways that engage the emotions, and downplay rationality, in an attempt to promote’ their cause.

In a section entitled ‘Name Calling,’ Israel's Jewish Agency writes,‘Creating negative connotations by name calling is done to try and get the audience to reject a person or idea on the basis of negative associations, without allowing a real examination of that person or idea."

Israel’s “internet soldiers” like “Thinking”, "Calypso 17, "Jim Justice" , Waleed Sadat" and the unregistered sock puppet names they post under, have been trained to personally attack, stalk, and harass anyone personally that does not agree with Israel’s propagada in general or its anti-Muslim campaign.....

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14728 Sep 21, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
How about you, bubba?
Texican - born and raised. Descended from dirt poor farmers. I dabbled in our genealogy ... I could take my Mom's side pretty far back into England (1600's) but had less luck on my Dad's side. My Great-Grandfather was in the Civil War (his widow applied for an Arkansas Confederate Pension). I couldn't find (verify) anything farther back than that. Supposedly an Englishman named John "Blue Eye" Hill married a Cherokee squaw named Redwing Redwine, owned a trading post in South Carolina, migrated into Georgia and then even the rumor mill runs dry. I've been told that people tried to hide their Indian blood back then and records are spotty at best. I'm a High School graduate, some college (23hrs), lot of reading and a LOT of traveling. Raised Baptist, learned to read, started having my doubts by the time I was 11.

United States of America

#14730 Sep 23, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Texican - born and raised. Descended from dirt poor farmers. I dabbled in our genealogy ... I could take my Mom's side pretty far back into England (1600's) but had less luck on my Dad's side. My Great-Grandfather was in the Civil War (his widow applied for an Arkansas Confederate Pension). I couldn't find (verify) anything farther back than that. Supposedly an Englishman named John "Blue Eye" Hill married a Cherokee squaw named Redwing Redwine, owned a trading post in South Carolina, migrated into Georgia and then even the rumor mill runs dry. I've been told that people tried to hide their Indian blood back then and records are spotty at best. I'm a High School graduate, some college (23hrs), lot of reading and a LOT of traveling. Raised Baptist, learned to read, started having my doubts by the time I was 11.
I got into doubts about religion at 15, did my anger trip on the evils of religion in my twenties, and began to mellow out and develop a more balanced perspective by my thirties. The thing is I LOVE music, can’t imagine life without it, and it turns out all my favorite kinds evolved from religious folks.

Don’t know much about white Baptist churches except they’re heavy into guilt trips and bake sales, but good ol’ rock’n roll evolved from black Southern Baptist gospel music.

Interesting article on the Muslim roots of American blues and jazz here:

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/Muslim-...

Rasta men from Jamaica gave us exotic jazz, reggae, and, of course, their “holy herb” became a staple in American counterculture. And that new pop music the Hindus are cranking out over in India--great stuff.

Atheism has been around for thousands of years but hasn't produced any great music, art, or poetry. Lack of soul?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14731 Sep 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I got into doubts about religion at 15, did my anger trip on the evils of religion in my twenties, and began to mellow out and develop a more balanced perspective by my thirties. The thing is I LOVE music, can’t imagine life without it, and it turns out all my favorite kinds evolved from religious folks.
Don’t know much about white Baptist churches except they’re heavy into guilt trips and bake sales, but good ol’ rock’n roll evolved from black Southern Baptist gospel music.
Rasta men from Jamaica gave us exotic jazz, reggae, and, of course, their “holy herb” became a staple in American counterculture. And that new pop music the Hindus are cranking out over in India--great stuff.
Atheism has been around for thousands of years but hasn't produced any great music, art, or poetry. Lack of soul?
Seriously? lol.... yes... I'm sure it's a lack of soul ;)

Texas, USA

#14732 Sep 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we all lack "soul" so that can't be it. We do live our lives immersed in a number of quite natural cycles and rhythms, perhaps the most basic and universal, the beating of our Mother's heart. Next in line, as befits creatures whose genesis most likely took place in tidal pools, the Lunar cycles. We have no way of knowing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the greatest composers were 'closet Atheists', hearing the symphony of Nature and realizing religion was just a discordant note. Atheism may have been around for thousands of years, but it is only quite recently individual's could express their doubts without ghastly retribution.

Texas, USA

#14733 Sep 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting article on the Muslim roots of American blues and jazz here: http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/Muslim-...
Ah ... the Muslophiliac strikes again! Everyone knows the roots of American music came from Africa ... as did the Muslims and their music and the Hindus and their music.

United States of America

#14734 Sep 24, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we all lack "soul" so that can't be it.
We all lack “soul"? What’s this “we” crap, bubba?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no way of knowing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the greatest composers were 'closet Atheists.
Actually, science can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that the greatest composers were NOT “closet atheists”. Generally, atheists tend to be angry, hostile, negative people. This kind of self-inflicted mental state blocks/impairs the brain’s ability to produce dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine, neurotransmitters which would have been critically essential for the greatest composers as well as all other great artists.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism may have been around for thousands of years, but it is only quite recently individual's could express their doubts without ghastly retribution.
LOL How many atheists have EVER been lynched in Texas or anywhere else, bubba?

United States of America

#14735 Sep 24, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah ... the Muslophiliac strikes again! Everyone knows the roots of American music came from Africa ... as did the Muslims and their music and the Hindus and their music.
LOL You Islamophobic misanthropists just can't help yourselves, can you, bubba?

FYI American Folk and Bluegrass didn't evolve from the Muslim call to prayer or Africa.

Get it?
Thinking

Royston, UK

#14736 Sep 24, 2013
islamic apologists like you shot Kenyan children in the face, blubber.

Fact.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI American Folk and Bluegrass didn't evolve from the Muslim call to prayer or Africa.
Get it?

Texas, USA

#14737 Sep 24, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
We all lack “soul"? What’s this “we” crap, bubba?
<quoted text>
Actually, science can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that the greatest composers were NOT “closet atheists”. Generally, atheists tend to be angry, hostile, negative people. This kind of self-inflicted mental state blocks/impairs the brain’s ability to produce dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine, neurotransmitters which would have been critically essential for the greatest composers as well as all other great artists.
<quoted text>
LOL How many atheists have EVER been lynched in Texas or anywhere else, bubba?
Well ... we either all got one, or none of us ... right? Or is it only the anointed, special, selected, enlightened, chosen, egotistical ones?

"Great composers" are a relatively small percentage of the population and 'atheists' are a relative small percentage of the population. Great Composers are smarter than the average bear ... Atheists are smarter than the average bear. It's really not Rocket Science. One minute we have a "soul" and the next we're just a bunch of brain chemicals ... you got to decide, Pal ... which is it?

Historically there have been a great many 'heretics' tortured and executed. I presume declaring one's unbelief would be considered heretical. The Inquisition alone accounted for the deaths of (perhaps) millions. There's only the flimsiest of veils keeping most modern 'bots from getting 'all medieval' on us today.

Texas, USA

#14738 Sep 24, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Get it?
My custom Yahoo home screen has space for 7 'world news headlines'. I noted yesterday that 5 of the 7 were headlining Islamic atrocities. Rational fears are not phobias. Islam is absolutely everything BAD about religion amplified, condensed and pumped up with steroids.

I've never said ANYTHING "evolved" from the Muslim call to prayer ... it gives me the creeps. It's the Morlocks calling the Eloi to slaughter ... they drop what they're doing and go from Human Beings to Islamic Automatons. It makes me sad that people can be reduced to such a state.

Try this ... " https://soundcloud.com/afropop-worldwide/afri... ;. Don't know, don't care about the 'roots' of all the different flavors of music. All music clearly appeals to something 'primitive' in all of us and you can't get more 'primitive' than our African Genesis. Anything else ain't "roots" ... it's branches from a tree already sprouted.

United States of America

#14739 Sep 25, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... we either all got one, or none of us ... right? Or is it only the anointed, special, selected, enlightened, chosen, egotistical ones?
Do atheists have souls like other human beings? If you, as an atheist, don’t think you have a soul, you probably don’t. Beethoven was deaf but he could still hear, see, and feel music with his soul and cranked out some great stuff. If atheists can’t see, hear, or feel like normal or even handicapped humans, it’s logical to assume atheists simply lack souls.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>"Great composers" are a relatively small percentage of the population and 'atheists' are a relative small percentage of the population. Great Composers are smarter than the average bear ... Atheists are smarter than the average bear. It's really not Rocket Science. One minute we have a "soul" and the next we're just a bunch of brain chemicals ... you got to decide, Pal ... which is it?
Good example of tortured logic. Is that what you were shooting for?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Historically there have been a great many 'heretics' tortured and executed. I presume declaring one's unbelief would be considered heretical. The Inquisition alone accounted for the deaths of (perhaps) millions. There's only the flimsiest of veils keeping most modern 'bots from getting 'all medieval' on us today.
LOL Even your revisionist history of the Inquisition can’t support your claim that ANY atheists were ever killed or harmed in any way. The Roman Catholic church had a long documented history of eliminating dissent by executing dissenters beginning with the Council at Nicea circa 327 AD. Its targets were ALWAYS religious folks, not atheists. And, it was THOUSANDS, not millions, executed during the Inquistion.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
My custom Yahoo home screen has space for 7 'world news headlines'. I noted yesterday that 5 of the 7 were headlining Islamic atrocities. Rational fears are not phobias. Islam is absolutely everything BAD about religion amplified, condensed and pumped up with steroids.
Since it is now common knowledge that Zionist Jews control the global media in general and the US media in particular. In this article, David Horowitz justifies and rationalizes Jewish controlled media:

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jews-do-contro...

It is also common knowledge that the Israeli agenda is to saturate media outlets and internet discussion boards with Islamophobic “hasbara”, i.e. propaganda:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/islamophobia-how...

No surprise that you would drink their koolaid. Peddling Islamophobia in the US is a cash cow for Jewish atheists like Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller, David Horowitz, Alan Dershowitz, etc. If you are a non-Jew regurgitating their poison on Topix for free....why?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
All music clearly appeals to something 'primitive' in all of us and you can't get more 'primitive' than our African Genesis. Anything else ain't "roots" ... it's branches from a tree already sprouted.
What “something”‘primitive?

There’s no empirical evidence that music developed in Africa. The oldest archaeological evidence for human music is a bone flute found in a Neanderthal campsite in Slovenia dated to 50,000 BC. The distance between the second and third holes of the flute is twice that between the third and fourth holes, which is consistent with the whole and half-tones of the diatonic scale. The earliest known musical score is Sumerian, dating to approximately 1400 BC. It was decoded and played in the 1970’s--diatonic scale and sounds like a melody from an American folk song or lullaby.
Alex Bensonsss

Suwanee, GA

#14740 Sep 25, 2013
The problem with Atheism is there is no one to talk to during sex. "Oh GOD!"

Texas, USA

#14741 Sep 25, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Do atheists have souls like other human beings? If you, as an atheist, don’t think you have a soul, you probably don’t. Beethoven was deaf but he could still hear, see, and feel music with his soul and cranked out some great stuff. If atheists can’t see, hear, or feel like normal or even handicapped humans, it’s logical to assume atheists simply lack souls.
<quoted text>
Good example of tortured logic. Is that what you were shooting for?
<quoted text>
LOL Even your revisionist history of the Inquisition can’t support your claim that ANY atheists were ever killed or harmed in any way. The Roman Catholic church had a long documented history of eliminating dissent by executing dissenters beginning with the Council at Nicea circa 327 AD. Its targets were ALWAYS religious folks, not atheists. And, it was THOUSANDS, not millions, executed during the Inquistion.
<quoted text>
Since it is now common knowledge that Zionist Jews control the global media in general and the US media in particular. In this article, David Horowitz justifies and rationalizes Jewish controlled media:
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jews-do-contro...
It is also common knowledge that the Israeli agenda is to saturate media outlets and internet discussion boards with Islamophobic “hasbara”, i.e. propaganda:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/islamophobia-how...
No surprise that you would drink their koolaid. Peddling Islamophobia in the US is a cash cow for Jewish atheists like Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller, David Horowitz, Alan Dershowitz, etc. If you are a non-Jew regurgitating their poison on Topix for free....why?
<quoted text>
What “something”‘primitive?
There’s no empirical evidence that music developed in Africa. The oldest archaeological evidence for human music is a bone flute found in a Neanderthal campsite in Slovenia dated to 50,000 BC. The distance between the second and third holes of the flute is twice that between the third and fourth holes, which is consistent with the whole and half-tones of the diatonic scale. The earliest known musical score is Sumerian, dating to approximately 1400 BC. It was decoded and played in the 1970’s--diatonic scale and sounds like a melody from an American folk song or lullaby.
He wasn't born deaf so his memory, intellect and imagination allowed him to keep composing. No "soul" required.

Atheists have the same sensory and cognitive capabilities of any Human Beings.

The "media" now includes everybody with a smart phone and internet. Just to make sure, the Jihadists transmit their own little 'broadcasts'. Nobody is 'controlling' anything. What 'saturates' the Internet are those items that pique people's interest ... like Miley Cyrus's tongue or who is claiming responsibility for this or that suicide bombing.

I'm not consciously "regurgitating" anything. I access information, balance it with my own experience and offer personal opinion. If anybody is willing to pay for that ... where do I sign up?

"Islamophobia" is not a real word. It is a vile bit of political vomit you constantly regurgitate. A "cash cow"?... oh, the Jews and their money, huh? You are so blinded with prejudice and hatred you do not even realize how ridiculous you sound.

I'm not interested in music origins. Banging drums around a campfire would seem primitive enough, could have started anywhere.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#14742 Sep 26, 2013
So you believe individuals get to choose whether they have a soul or not? If so, you also believe only believers can go to hell.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LCNLin

United States

#14743 Sep 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you believe individuals get to choose whether they have a soul or not? If so, you also believe only believers can go to hell.
<quoted text>
Quantitative materialists need Mumbo Jumbo to defend the atheist religion
LOL

Texas, USA

#14744 Sep 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantitative materialists need Mumbo Jumbo to defend the atheist religion
LOL
Quantitative Materialists? I guess if we all used more bigger words fewer of us would need so many smaller words!!
Thinking

Royston, UK

#14745 Sep 26, 2013
Whether big or small, I see little evidence that Lincock understands the meaning of such words.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantitative Materialists? I guess if we all used more bigger words fewer of us would need so many smaller words!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 21 min Thinking 444
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 23 min Thinking 20,296
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 59 min Chazofsaints 342
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 10,347
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr ChristineM 21,405
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 7 hr Thinking 549
News A Strong Muslim Identity Is the Best Defense Ag... 8 hr naman 10
More from around the web