Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,448

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14465 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
And when was the book written from which you derived that date?
It wasn't a book. It was a paper Bose published in 1920 which provided the foundation for Bose–Einstein statistics and the theory of the Bose–Einstein condensate.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14466 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. The word "us" refers to all enlightened folks who KNOW that the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit in every particle of everything in the universe is the ONE, aka Lord of Creation, Allah, God, the Supreme Being, Brahman, the Cosmic Consciousness, the Unconditioned Element, etc, etc, etc, folks from every religion and no religion--they are the children of God.
And FYI--Jesus aka Yeshua Ben Yosef was NOT a Jew, bubba.
Nope, it wasn't yours to define. My usage of the word, was the only one pertinent to the post.

Does Rabbi Jewsus know that you are stealing his heritage?

United States of America

#14467 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
And when was the book written from which you derived that date?
It wasn't a book. It was a paper Bose published in 1920 on the foundation for Bose–Einstein statistics and the theory of the Bose–Einstein condensate.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14468 Sep 8, 2013
This is funny. I looked up "Land of the Lotus Eaters" and this ... " http://www.iawwai.com/index.htm" ; ... popped up. I think I've found Zit's home page!

Earth,TX

#14469 Sep 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I read and responded to that one. That is where I said there was something wrong with him.
:)

Texas, USA

#14470 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a book. It was a paper Bose published in 1920 which provided the foundation for Bose–Einstein statistics and the theory of the Bose–Einstein condensate.
So Bose, being a 'give credit where it's due' type of fellow acknowledges the contributions of this Hindu fella in his 1920 paper? I'd really like to see that!

Earth,TX

#14471 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the number of Humans who have made it to Heaven hovers right around the ZERO mark ...
Guaranteed, even Jewsus didn't make it through those pearly gates

United States of America

#14472 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you found the rope/camel error significant enough to bring it up and you clearly do not consider yourself an 'ignorant atheist'. Why 200 years? Surely you don't think the book was pristine up to that time.
I bring it up if I happened to read a post by some ignorant atheist misquoting the parable or ranting about all the alleged errors in the texts.

The actual parable says it's easier for a rope to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven of God.

The other parable about straining gnats out of a cup but swallowing camels contains no mistranslations or copying errors....

United States of America

#14473 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
So Bose, being a 'give credit where it's due' type of fellow acknowledges the contributions of this Hindu fella in his 1920 paper? I'd really like to see that!
No, it was Paul Dirac who was the give credit where it's due' type of fellow who named the particles after Bose.

United States of America

#14474 Sep 8, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, it wasn't yours to define. My usage of the word, was the only one pertinent to the post.
Does Rabbi Jewsus know that you are stealing his heritage?
LOL You ignorant atheist bubbas are such a hoot....

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14475 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Again, it's never happened. Those who seek enlightenment ALWAYS find enlightenment.
Incorrect.

Location hidden

#14476 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget how weird these guys are ... you are probably getting 'enlightened' in some aspects simply opening your eyes and looking around. We are constantly receiving, processing and storing away sensory input data ... a form of 'enlightenment' in the Land of the Lotus Eaters. Don't presuppose that 'enlightenment' is necessarily something startling or revolutionary. Humankind has learned to lower their expectations.
Your right.

Location hidden

#14477 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>:)
:)
LCNLin

United States

#14478 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>Yep, true, for some capitulation, they sink into the waves, never to be seen again, and others .... comes that light bulb moment when they realize it's all a pack of lies. And they can't understand how they ever beleived any of it.
14. Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
15. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
16. For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
poor attempt at atheism
<laughing>

United States of America

#14479 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget how weird these guys are ... you are probably getting 'enlightened' in some aspects simply opening your eyes and looking around. We are constantly receiving, processing and storing away sensory input data ... a form of 'enlightenment' in the Land of the Lotus Eaters. Don't presuppose that 'enlightenment' is necessarily something startling or revolutionary. Humankind has learned to lower their expectations.
The "sensory input data" that tells you time is real but God isn't? LOL
LCNLin

United States

#14480 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Do let us know when you plan to prove your atheist philosophy?

Texas, USA

#14481 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
At any given instant, my senses tell me nothing about either one. They do 'enlighten' me as to the nature of my surrounding environment. Time speaks for itself, God requires a Human mouthpiece.

Texas, USA

#14483 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I bring it up if I happened to read a post by some ignorant atheist misquoting the parable or ranting about all the alleged errors in the texts.
The actual parable says it's easier for a rope to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven of God.
The other parable about straining gnats out of a cup but swallowing camels contains no mistranslations or copying errors....
Whether a camel or a rope, the point (at least in this case) remains. You are quibbling over insignificant details to flaunt the depth of your knowledge in these mythologies. Too bad all that study was for naught. You might have actually done Humanity some good had you applied yourself with equal dedication to something useful ... like being a Train Engineer or a Circus Barker.

Texas, USA

#14484 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do let us know when you plan to prove your atheist philosophy?
We have nothing to prove. You, on the other hand, claim something HUGE, MAGNIFICENT, OMNIPOTENT, OMNIPRESENT, OMNISCIENT, WORTHY OF WORSHIP, AWE, REVERENCE ... and you can't produce. All you got are some ancient books, anecdotes and little voices whispering in your head. The "Atheist Philosophy" is proven every morning, when you wake up and the same old wicked world is still stumbling along. The only end in sight is our over-burdened world choking to death on the effluents from our 'go forth and multiply' population you godbots can't seem to control. Your god and your religion have "COLOSSAL FAIL" stamped in bright red letters on your foreheads but y'all keep scratching and biting at the very people trying to save you. Makes me sad.
LCNLin

United States

#14485 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
We have nothing to prove. You, on the other hand, claim something HUGE, MAGNIFICENT, OMNIPOTENT, OMNIPRESENT, OMNISCIENT, WORTHY OF WORSHIP, AWE, REVERENCE ... and you can't produce. All you got are some ancient books, anecdotes and little voices whispering in your head. The "Atheist Philosophy" is proven every morning, when you wake up and the same old wicked world is still stumbling along. The only end in sight is our over-burdened world choking to death on the effluents from our 'go forth and multiply' population you godbots can't seem to control. Your god and your religion have "COLOSSAL FAIL" stamped in bright red letters on your foreheads but y'all keep scratching and biting at the very people trying to save you. Makes me sad.
"We have nothing to prove." ;-)
We notice the lack of proof in the atheist religion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 42 min NightSerf 1,031
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 57 min Eagle 12 231,932
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 11 hr Gillette 5,946
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism Tue thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Tue Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE