Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 691)

Showing posts 13,801 - 13,820 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this "us" stuff?
The "bread" and "water" of life is for children of God and you ain't related to "us", bubba.
Get it?
"Us", as in we who have, do and will read the buybull.

But, I understand your problem, you have an exclusive god club, and membership must be guarded and limited to those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christains, Satanists, Vodun and Pagans. Jewsus is a whole nother story, nobody but the Jews can claim him. So barricade the doors, and you may manage to trap some decrepit oldster or two when the rush to bail, comes.

" In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard."

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>"Us", as in we who have, do and will read the buybull.
But, I understand your problem, you have an exclusive god club, and membership must be guarded and limited to those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christains, Satanists, Vodun and Pagans. Jewsus is a whole nother story, nobody but the Jews can claim him. So barricade the doors, and you may manage to trap some decrepit oldster or two when the rush to bail, comes.
Not at all. The word "us" refers to all enlightened folks who KNOW that the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit in every particle of everything in the universe is the ONE, aka Lord of Creation, Allah, God, the Supreme Being, Brahman, the Cosmic Consciousness, the Unconditioned Element, etc, etc, etc, folks from every religion and no religion--they are the children of God.

And FYI--Jesus aka Yeshua Ben Yosef was NOT a Jew, bubba.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks he can see you????*eyebrow raise
Yep, he sure does, and it's not that remarkable considering what else he can probably "see".

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

every game wrote:
<quoted text>
but I do enjoy watching how angry and mad you get over it. It tickles me pink.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That "connection, of sorts" is exactly the one I was talking about. And I guess this Nath fellow made his proposal when? 10000 years ago or something? LOL
1920, bubba.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Prove it, blubber.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. The word "us" refers to all enlightened folks who KNOW that the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit in every particle of everything in the universe is the ONE, aka Lord of Creation, Allah, God, the Supreme Being, Brahman, the Cosmic Consciousness, the Unconditioned Element, etc, etc, etc, folks from every religion and no religion--they are the children of God.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... don't hurt your arm twisting it all around like that to pat yourselves on the back! LOL

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks he can see you????*eyebrow raise
Yep, he sure does, and it's not that remarkable considering what else he can probably see.

every game wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's never happened. Those who seek enlightenment ALWAYS find enlightenment.
Incorrect. I am living proof along with many others.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
1920, bubba.
And when was the book written from which you derived that date?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

<quoted text>Yep, he sure does, and it's not that remarkable considering what else he can probably "see".
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
I read and responded to that one. That is where I said there was something wrong with him.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Of one sort or another I suppose. Is my 'enlightenment' the same as yours?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictionary definition for atheism lame.
You ramble again ;-)
Dictionary definition of "ramble" not in your bag of accumulated knowledge?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I've no reason to doubt there are COUNTLESS translation and interpretation errors. The 'Word of God' has more holes in it than a warehouse full of Swiss cheese.
Actually, surprisingly, during the last 200 years of thousands of scholars and linguists studying these ancient texts and publishing their findings, the consensus is there are very few copying errors and most are insignificant....except to ignorant atheists.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... that's easy! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!!! You do NOT BELIEVE strongly enough! Your FAITH is weak!!
I used to set in church and think:
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity and turn your brain to tapioca.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity and turn your brain to tapioca and sing and wave your arms about and ...
... hope, hope, hope that nowhere in the last nine generations of your family was there even a single bastard conceived nor born.,

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of one sort or another I suppose. Is my 'enlightenment' the same as yours?
LOL

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, surprisingly, during the last 200 years of thousands of scholars and linguists studying these ancient texts and publishing their findings, the consensus is there are very few copying errors and most are insignificant....except to ignorant atheists.
Yet, you found the rope/camel error significant enough to bring it up and you clearly do not consider yourself an 'ignorant atheist'. Why 200 years? Surely you don't think the book was pristine up to that time.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

<quoted text>... hope, hope, hope that nowhere in the last nine generations of your family was there even a single bastard conceived nor born.,
I think the number of Humans who have made it to Heaven hovers right around the ZERO mark ...

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, true, for some capitulation, they sink into the waves, never to be seen again, and others .... comes that light bulb moment when they realize it's all a pack of lies. And they can't understand how they ever beleived any of it.

14. Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

15. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

16. For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

Again, it's never happened. Those who seek enlightenment ALWAYS find enlightenment.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget how weird these guys are ... you are probably getting 'enlightened' in some aspects simply opening your eyes and looking around. We are constantly receiving, processing and storing away sensory input data ... a form of 'enlightenment' in the Land of the Lotus Eaters. Don't presuppose that 'enlightenment' is necessarily something startling or revolutionary. Humankind has learned to lower their expectations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,801 - 13,820 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••