Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14405 Sep 8, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that creator can be nothing like any religion's claims!....
If you re-phrase that sentence to read: "Then that creator can be nothing like any claims I'VE made about religion's claims!".....you will have finally posted something that's actually intelligent on this thread, bubba.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14406 Sep 8, 2013
ISANYONEOUTTHERE wrote:
• Nothing can only create NOTHING. Before the universe began, something must have always existed.
• It's ENERGEY. Energy is ETERNAL. The 1st law of thermodynamics confirms that.
• That law states: "energy cannot be created or destroyed". No beginning or uncreated and no end. That's the definition of "eternal".
• You also can't claim that this energy always existed IN the known universe because science has proven that the universe didn't always exist.
• The universe never always existed (proof of this is how it is continually expanding). Science has proved that the universe (and time) were not always here, so it was created (see Stephen Hawking's lecture: http://www.hawking.org.uk/lectures/bot.html ).
• This energy source that was present BEFORE the universe began had to have power beyond anything we can begin to imagine.
• Considering it had to transfer it's energy into the TRILLIONS of stars and BILLIONS of galaxies.
• A separate ETERNAL energy source that exists OUTSIDE of the universe had to have supplied or transferred it's energy onto the universe (because we know the universe didn't always exist).
• So the universe has a creator; therefore, It's not unreasonable to assume this ENORMOUS energy was the creator GOD.
• Listen, we reasonably have two (2) options to determine what WAS this powerful always existing energy.
1. It could be a dumb, unconscious, and vague energy source (however, this seems extremely illogical considering that we can observe complexity, order, and design throughout the universe).
2. The most logical answer would be that an intelligent mind (or God) constructed the universe. It's as simple as that.
• If you can't agree with this logic then you are stubborn, unreasonable, and don't want to believe in the possible existence of a God.
• The mathematical probability of even a single cell forming by chance is statistically impossible.
• Just one spoonful of DNA contains more information than even the Grand Canyon could hold (where did all this information come from? who wrote this code? this blueprint for life?).
• Information science dictates that information always requires an intelligent source.
• Nobody has ever seen or been able to demonstrate an actual increase of information in the gnome (not even Richard Dawkins). They have never introduced information into the genetic code as evolution REQUIRES how audacious to think that because you figured out how to scramble the letters you can discount the one who wrote the alphabet.
• What about logic? Atheists claim it illogical and unreasonable to believe in someone you cannot touch, feel, or taste.
• In fact logic lends more proof to God's existence than eternity of matter. After all you cannot see logic, touch it, or taste it. It is immaterial, it is universal, and it is unchanging. Sounds a lot like God doesn't it?
• Could you really know anything if there was not absolute truth? If God didn't exist, you wouldn't know he didn't exist, the fact that you think he doesn't exist, proves that he does, because you can't think about something that doesn't exist, and you can't care about something you're not thinking about, If God didn't exist you wouldn’t know that.
I would like to know where you go to "observe complexity, order, and design throughout the universe". Pretty sure I see the same Universe that you do. I see explosions, implosions, collisions, impacts, things burning up, things frozen solid, things lit up and things darker than dark. I see stars and galaxies arrayed with all the order a blind man can achieve tossing hands full of sand into the air. I'll give you the 'complexity' part. All this stuff. The mind cries out for a 'simple' explanation. POOF!!! God is born. All hail his mighty name.

United States of America

#14407 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
So you got this:
"Jesus said that whatever you believe, as expressed by the thoughts in your head and sealed by your spoken or written words, become the building blocks of your own personal mental construct of reality, and whatever that may be will materialize....for YOU."
Out of:
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye
shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh
findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
I believe I see part of your problem. You should do a new Nostradamus prediction interpretation book ... you'd make a fortune.
I don't believe you really "see" anything except what you want to see, bubba.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14408 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
its a fact that you're a liar with no proof of the god you claim is the answer to the universe.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14409 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said that whatever you believe, as expressed by the thoughts in your head and sealed by your spoken or written words, become the building blocks of your own personal mental construct of reality, and whatever that may be will materialize....for YOU.
In other words, "garbage in, garbage out".
So knock yourself out, bubba. Have it your way.....
So he didn't want us beleiving the buybull?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14410 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Where there ya go ... the Universe according to Zit!
LCNLin

United States

#14411 Sep 8, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So he didn't want us beleiving the buybull?
another reason atheists are not respected

Earth,TX

#14412 Sep 8, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
None of what you said or claim is true as the Bible has it EXACTLY right, but I do enjoy watching how angry and mad you get over it. It tickles me pink.
You wouldn't want to actually research any of what I posted, would you? Even google can find it for you? You might get a few surprises if you did.

BTW: You can't actually see me.

United States of America

#14413 Sep 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
its a fact that you're a liar with no proof of the god you claim is the answer to the universe.
LOL Your little reality bubble is just chock full of those kinds of "facts", bubba.

Garbage in, garbage out.....
LCNLin

United States

#14414 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>You wouldn't want to actually research any of what I posted, would you? Even google can find it for you? You might get a few surprises if you did.
BTW:

You can't
actually
see me.
Can't see any logic in your posts!
You love to ramble?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#14415 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
when you have proof of anything let us know ;-)
i have, many, many times. you run away every single time, unable to counter even one of my facts.

St. Croix valley

#14416 Sep 8, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
None of what you said or claim is true as the Bible has it EXACTLY right, but I do enjoy watching how angry and mad you get over it. It tickles me pink.
the proven false god created in your bible cannot even get his own creation story correct...yeah the bible is full of proven lies and mistakes. no real god there, no divine inspiration in the writing of the bible at all..just the myths of humans...

United States of America

#14417 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>So he didn't want us beleiving the buybull?
What's this "us" stuff?

The "bread" and "water" of life is for children of God and you ain't related to "us", bubba.

Get it?

United States of America

#14418 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Where there ya go ... the Universe according to Zit!
I jus' calls it the way I sees it, bubba.....

Earth,TX

#14419 Sep 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something wrong with you.
Yeah, and it's much more than that he thinks he can see me.

Earth,TX

#14420 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
usual rambling generalizations.
LOL
Aw, you can't dispute it. Too bad, but then we all know you couldn't anyway. But keep on hanging out with us.

Associate yourselves, O ye people, and ye shall be broken in pieces; and give ear, all ye of far countries: gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#14421 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The first evidence of the existence of energy is the particle which triggered the Big Bang. It's called the "God particle".(hehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehe....)
If you want proof of YOUR Creator.....“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye
shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you....”
Jesus said that. Hindu holy men, Buddha, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lao Tzu, Muhammed, all the great religious leaders have said essentially the same thing for at least the last 8,000 years. YOU have to do the asking, seeking, and knocking. Nobody else can do it for you, bubba. And, if YOU aren't willing to ask, seek, and knock, you will remain as blind, deaf, and ignorant as you are today for the rest of your useless, pathetic life....
So, just BELIEVE until you really BELIEVE for no good reason. That's not proof, that's delusion.

St. Croix valley

#14422 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this "us" stuff?
The "bread" and "water" of life is for children of God and you ain't related to "us", bubba.
Get it?
the bread and water of life is the proven lies of the bible? the proven false idol you worship has children? myths are so fun!!

Earth,TX

#14423 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
another reason atheists are not respected
Atheist means not theist.

People are respected, for what they do, or what they may acheive, seldom do they earn respect for what they do not have. Is your theism that which garners you the respect ofyour fellow man, or have you actually done anything to earn that respect?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14424 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, and it's much more than that he thinks he can see me.
He thinks he can see you????*eyebrow raise

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 9 min Reason Personified 1,043
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min ChristineM 230,023
Islam for peace, or violence? 49 min Chiclets 41
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Adam 22,993
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 7 hr Thinking 2
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE