Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14360 Sep 1, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You don't hate atheist. You hate some atheist, specifically the avowed non believer atheist.
The atheist actually includes every infant and toddler the world over. To become anything other than atheist, one must be indoctrinated. You, and the Zombie, the Thuggee, the Satanist and even the Pagans, all have something we don't ..... theism.
its an untreated mental illness that got totally out of hand. Now we're surrounded by braindead zombies who can't absorb any new information or think anymore.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14361 Sep 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
its an untreated mental illness that got totally out of hand. Now we're surrounded by braindead zombies who can't absorb any new information or think anymore.
Brain dead zombies who detest the Vodun religion, while adamantly paying fealty to their own particular zombie, whom they all wish to emulate. What could be more brain dead?

At least they don't copy the Pagan practice of gnawing off bits and pieces of their dead leaders whom they wish to become like. Ooops, sorry wrong again, I forgot the communion crackers .... well, that will teach me to stick my nose into the whacko practices and affairs of the Voodoo/Pagan/Christain/Arabic religions, now won't it?

Location hidden

#14364 Sep 2, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You do hate me, and not only me....You hate ALL Christians. I've read your exhaustingly long list of posts of sincere hatred towards Christians. You're a horrible person with a deep-seated mental sickness--- science books and medical journals will never have enough pages to explain your disease.
You're wrong. I love human beings, I hate liars who cannot back up their shameless lies.

Creationism is a mental illness. We cannot hate people who are inflicted with this illness. Only the cult that creates this dishonesty and tries to lie its way around society.

You are simplistic in your thinking because you have been brainwashed by creationism

Location hidden

#14365 Sep 2, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You do hate me, and not only me....You hate ALL Christians. I've read your exhaustingly long list of posts of sincere hatred towards Christians. You're a horrible person with a deep-seated mental sickness--- science books and medical journals will never have enough pages to explain your disease.
None of your opinions really matter until you can prove your god and that you're not a simple mentally ill liar.
You're a liar because you believe your fictional cult applies to other real people.
This is your mental illness which you cannot prove and choose not to admit, because you are dishonest and have no morals at the end of the day.
You deny science through sheer ignorance and nothing else.
When you can prove your cult, you will cease to look as stupid as you do at the moment.

Location hidden

#14366 Sep 2, 2013
If you want to talk some more, just provide proof of god if you are brave enough.

We know you are a coward and will likely insult atheism, science or dawkins, as you creationist trolls love to do when cornered for your dishonesty.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14367 Sep 3, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mentally sick.
Says the one who thinks hearing voices is normal.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14368 Sep 3, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually a credible theory. At last count, over a hundred million Americans are now morbidly obese and making daily contributions to atmospheric greenhouse gases,,,,
But yeah, fossil fuels and cows are still at the top of the list of culprits.
Speaking of "credible theory" ...

" http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm... ;

Dang ... I hate being right ALL THE TIME!!

Texas, USA

#14369 Sep 3, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on "every game" ... nobody hates you. I feel something more akin to pity. Of course, you probably don't like that much better.

Texas, USA

#14370 Sep 3, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the latest polling reports on public attitudes in the US regarding environmental issues.
http://www.pollingreport.com/enviro.htm
US environmental scientists have identified the problems caused by human activities and have clearly stated that the window of opportunity is still open for humans to get involved in the solutions. There's lots of hope that humans can make a difference but you can see by the polls the US public attitudes are fairly evenly divided between those people who understand the problems and want to live in the solutions and those people who are in denial that there are problems or don't want hear about any kind of solutions that will inconvenience them or limit economic growth.
What "solutions" might those be? More taxes? I think it's reasonable to distrust any "solution" that comes out of our political machinery. Besides ... if the problem is primarily caused by our burning 'fossil fuels' we can take heart in the fact that these are 'non-renewable' and are being consumed at an ever increasing rate. The supply of these fuels is finite. The root problem is therefore self-limiting and the Earth and some remnant of Humanity will be around for a very long time. We need to pour our remaining resources into developing 'renewable' energy supplies, none of which will satisfy the demands of our civilization in it's current mode. We really need to lose "economic growth" as the major underlying goal for Humanity. We need to stabilize the population, spread what resources we have around more evenly and all work together ... in other words, the only "solution" is to do something we've never even come close to doing in all of Human History. Some things would have to change and very quickly. Not likely to happen. Civilization will topple and probably pretty dang fast. Most industrialized societies are only a week or so away from chaos without a hand full of key goods and services. There's no way out.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14371 Sep 4, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
What "solutions" might those be? More taxes? I think it's reasonable to distrust any "solution" that comes out of our political machinery. Besides ... if the problem is primarily caused by our burning 'fossil fuels' we can take heart in the fact that these are 'non-renewable' and are being consumed at an ever increasing rate. The supply of these fuels is finite. The root problem is therefore self-limiting and the Earth and some remnant of Humanity will be around for a very long time. We need to pour our remaining resources into developing 'renewable' energy supplies, none of which will satisfy the demands of our civilization in it's current mode. We really need to lose "economic growth" as the major underlying goal for Humanity. We need to stabilize the population, spread what resources we have around more evenly and all work together ... in other words, the only "solution" is to do something we've never even come close to doing in all of Human History. Some things would have to change and very quickly. Not likely to happen. Civilization will topple and probably pretty dang fast. Most industrialized societies are only a week or so away from chaos without a hand full of key goods and services. There's no way out.
I agree with almost everything in your post. I don't agree that there's no way out. There is a way out. Humanity could easily save itself and the planet IF everyone in every country (A) takes responsibility for the fact that we humans have made a mess and (B) accepts the fact that the only way out of the mess we've made is through co-operation instead of competition. I think the chances of either (A) or (B) happening are slim to none, but that's another issue....

Texas, USA

#14372 Sep 4, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with almost everything in your post. I don't agree that there's no way out. There is a way out. Humanity could easily save itself and the planet IF everyone in every country (A) takes responsibility for the fact that we humans have made a mess and (B) accepts the fact that the only way out of the mess we've made is through co-operation instead of competition. I think the chances of either (A) or (B) happening are slim to none, but that's another issue....
That's why I say "no way out". No way what ACTUALLY NEEDS TO BE DONE will be done.

United States of America

#14374 Sep 6, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
I think atheism will replace religion, but i'd say not in the next 200 years so its pretty futile, I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist
You can have Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion. It's easy. All you have to do is take massive amounts of drugs, wash them down with massive amounts of booze, and chain smoke three packs of cigarettes per day.....

United States of America

#14375 Sep 6, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I say "no way out". No way what ACTUALLY NEEDS TO BE DONE will be done.
Looks that way. Ironic isn't it?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#14377 Sep 6, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You're totally wrong. Atheism will never replace nor conquer religion.
Atheists lose. Atheists will be eternally punished.
by some already proven false god? in some place created ina book proven to have been written by men with no divine inspiration?

sure, lady, sure...

Earth,TX

#14378 Sep 7, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You're totally wrong. Atheism will never replace nor conquer religion.
Atheists lose. Atheists will be eternally punished.
By who, the imposter Jesus? Or by one of his split personality daddies? Pick a god .... Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah. Can't do it, can ya. They all the same myth.

You gonna be eternally punished, when you discover that the last breath, is the end, there is nothing beyond that ... so you won't even know that you have lost an eternity of pearly gates and golden streets. No Zombie Jewsus for you. No Zombie Jewsus at all.

Earth,TX

#14380 Sep 7, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying, atheist.
Prove that I lied. Read your buybull, Immanuael who was to be an heir of King David's was the phropesied savior, and not some bastard child of Mary's.

Immanauel never even appeared, and Jewsus supporters all say that Jewsus is Immanauel, but he is not and he is not David's heir ... but why would it bother you that your buybull god got it all wrong?

When you have read the buybull, read the Torah and the Sanhedrin, you will find out that Yahweh is Jehovah, they are one and the same, but both are pretty much pure sh!t.

Consider that a girl aged three years and a day old (potty trained)can be raped into marriage in the books of Yahweh, and Jehovah's book allows the same of captured slave girls, but without a stated age limit. Then read the Quran, all three books have the same god of Abraham, but this time his name is Allah, and now you can begin having sex(they call it thighing) with your child as soon as he or she is out of the birth canal.

If you injure the newborn baby boy nothing is done, but if you tear the girl so that her future value as a wife has been damaged, you have to pay for her to be fixed surgically. There is no punishment if the babies are killed like this. And btw: the babies belong to the men, a woman is only a delivery vehicle.

Now as I said, prove me a liar.

United States of America

#14381 Sep 7, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>By who, the imposter Jesus? Or by one of his split personality daddies? Pick a god .... Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah. Can't do it, can ya. They all the same myth.
You gonna be eternally punished, when you discover that the last breath, is the end, there is nothing beyond that ... so you won't even know that you have lost an eternity of pearly gates and golden streets. No Zombie Jewsus for you. No Zombie Jewsus at all.
Jesus said that whatever you believe, as expressed by the thoughts in your head and sealed by your spoken or written words, become the building blocks of your own personal mental construct of reality, and whatever that may be will materialize....for YOU.

In other words, "garbage in, garbage out".

So knock yourself out, bubba. Have it your way.....

Texas, USA

#14383 Sep 7, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said that whatever you believe, as expressed by the thoughts in your head and sealed by your spoken or written words, become the building blocks of your own personal mental construct of reality, and whatever that may be will materialize....for YOU.
What verse was that again? It sounds like something Jesus would say, like ... when he was stoned or something.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#14384 Sep 7, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
its fun to invent bible verses, isn't it?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14385 Sep 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>its fun to invent bible verses, isn't it?
More fun to reveal who did it, is-int it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Chimney1 29,570
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min NightSerf 254,981
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 min Richardfs 11,730
Religion Down Suicide Up 1 hr Amused 98
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 hr Eagle 12 50,976
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 2 hr Cujo 359
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Richard 4,264
More from around the web