Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
13,581 - 13,600 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I missed it the first time I looked at the graph too. I think I said something like “Holy shit!!!” when I finally saw the red CO2 spike going straight up above the blue temperature line at the far end of the graph.
Other ice core graphs from other locations (GISP, etc.), show the same information--that the Earth’s CO2 levels have never “led” rises in the Earth’s temperature before, nor have they ever been as high as they are now. Our scientific models would have predicted a new glaciation event beginning at least 100 years ago. That obviously isn’t happening. Instead, the Earth’s “thermostat” appears to be stuck and ice fields continue to melt instead of freeze. When and how it gets “unstuck” or what happens afterwards is anybody's guess but 6 billion flash frozen homosapiens is definitely one possible scenario.
Well ... we got to play out the warming before anybody has to worry about getting flash frozen ... something that could well take hundreds, if not thousands, of years. The seeming disparity between CO2 levels and temperature may indicate that there are other factors involved in the historic cycles that has not had a chance to come into play in this time of 'artificial' CO2 increases.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... we got a pretty good record of past cycles (see your buddy Zit's chart) and can tell this one's a bit whacked. Probably from Third Worlder's burning tires in their brick ovens, but ... let's not go there. One thing's for sure, the Earth has about the same amount of carbon in her now as she did when she was born. Where that carbon is 'tied up' clearly varies in a cyclic pattern that probably extends back to when plants completed their colonization of the land hundreds of millions of years ago. It's only the very latest cycle that could possibly have been influenced by Humans. Who, I am sure, the Earth sees as a temporary annoyance. Your Creator fellow is not without a sense of humor. All Hail his Mighty Name!
Our Creator guy has sense of humor as well sense of justice, equity and truth and many other traits in exact proportions as befitting to His majesty.

What we see on earth is a very minute display of His endless knowledge , wisdom, mercy and power.

Humans have really not created any thing, they just used the material already created and reshaped it to get some gadgets that are useful in their material life.

But creating a thing, they are still billions of light years away from it.

And yet many of these boast as if they have conquered the wisdom and power and knowledge of Sole Creator of this Universe.

The laugh is on humans and not on Creator,

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Creator guy has sense of humor as well sense of justice, equity and truth and many other traits in exact proportions as befitting to His majesty.
What we see on earth is a very minute display of His endless knowledge , wisdom, mercy and power.
Humans have really not created any thing, they just used the material already created and reshaped it to get some gadgets that are useful in their material life.
And yet many of these boast as if they have conquered the wisdom and power and knowledge of Sole Creator of this Universe.
Sounds like a great guy! Exactly the kind of Creator I would imagine if I were in the business of imagining creators.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Did you hear the one about the brutal islamic female child circumcision?

Two suicide bombers go into a mosque.
Boom! Boom!

Two burka slags swapping photographs of their dead child suicide bombers. "Kids these days. They blow up so fast."
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Creator guy has sense of humor...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Did you hear the one about the brutal islamic female child circumcision?
Two suicide bombers go into a mosque.
Boom! Boom!
Two burka slags swapping photographs of their dead child suicide bombers. "Kids these days. They blow up so fast."
<quoted text>
What THAT has to do with the topic we are discussing

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>What THAT has to do with the topic we are discussing
Your god's supposed sense of humour is what you were talking about.
Thinking's post fit the topic quite well.
Dak-Original

Wembley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Just plain water or sewer water, MUQ?
ezdit summed himself up by agreeing with the jihadist MUQ!

NB: MUQ will not like your comments on validity of a Hindu diety inspiring Ramanjun! LOL!
Dak-Original

Wembley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ's "creator" is like a human king and a vain individual! GOD cannot be anything we moratals can ever imagine. All religions are inventions of human minds. OH! MUQ!
Dak-Original

Wembley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What THAT has to do with the topic we are discussing
Everything if you re-read your own post! Innocent lot do not invite dastardly acts perpetrated on them. Think!? No you will not since your mind is sold to a dogma! OH! MUQ!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ's "creator" is like a human king and a vain individual! GOD cannot be anything we moratals can ever imagine. All religions are inventions of human minds. OH! MUQ!
Why would you say that? Does Human imagination seem stunted or limited? A Universe creating, omnipotent, omniscient, loving, jealous, vengeful super-being isn't enough? Your god, MUQ's god, Zit's god ... all products of our imagination. People fall down in worship, blow themselves up, murder innocent people, build magnificent edifices, devote their entire lives to these 'mental constructs'. I agree with you on the 'religion' aspect, I cannot understand why you can not extend your disdain to the 'god' aspect as well. You disparage Humanity. There are no limits to our imagine as this vast array of 'gods' illustrates. The problem is that it is imagine misdirected into counter-productive beliefs and endeavor. Science has stimulated our imaginations and will, if allowed, continue to do so until all our gods seem petty and insignificant in comparison. Hell ... it's already done so! It's not a lack of imagination but, rather ... too many people are still asleep!!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god's supposed sense of humour is what you were talking about.
Thinking's post fit the topic quite well.
He has the 'sense of humor' of a spoiled child, torturing animals and pulling the wings off flies.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... we got to play out the warming before anybody has to worry about getting flash frozen ... something that could well take hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
We’ve already played out our natural resources to “play out the warming”.

Peak oil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

Peak water:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_water

Peak soil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_agri...

Peak fish:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_down_the...
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The seeming disparity between CO2 levels and temperature may indicate that there are other factors involved in the historic cycles that has not had a chance to come into play in this time of 'artificial' CO2 increases.
What other factors? The ice core graphs show amazingly predictable cycles of warming and cooling that extend backwards for 800,000 years.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you say that? Does Human imagination seem stunted or limited? A Universe creating, omnipotent, omniscient, loving, jealous, vengeful super-being isn't enough? Your god, MUQ's god, Zit's god ... all products of our imagination. People fall down in worship, blow themselves up, murder innocent people, build magnificent edifices, devote their entire lives to these 'mental constructs'. I agree with you on the 'religion' aspect, I cannot understand why you can not extend your disdain to the 'god' aspect as well. You disparage Humanity. There are no limits to our imagine as this vast array of 'gods' illustrates. The problem is that it is imagine misdirected into counter-productive beliefs and endeavor. Science has stimulated our imaginations and will, if allowed, continue to do so until all our gods seem petty and insignificant in comparison. Hell ... it's already done so! It's not a lack of imagination but, rather ... too many people are still asleep!!
Good post. Very interesting points.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text> It's not a lack of imagination but, rather ... too many people are still asleep!!
I totally agree with that statement!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Peak oil:
Peak water:
Peak soil:
Peak fish:
<quoted text>
What other factors? The ice core graphs show amazingly predictable cycles of warming and cooling that extend backwards for 800,000 years.
Methane is a far more 'efficient' greenhouse gas and it's levels have been increasing far more dramatically than CO2. Billions of tons of the gas are 'locked up' as methane hydrates in the oceans and permafrost. All I'm saying is that the relatively minor average temperature increases due to CO2 could 'trigger' the release of huge amounts of methane that would take global temperatures way off the scale on your graph. Methane breaks down fairly quickly in the atmosphere and the entire episode might only last a short time (in geologic terms) and not even show up recognizably in ice core studies. It would be a great potential 'extinction event' as you seem to be so anxious for. It would be death by 'heat stroke' instead of freezing, but as long as it wipes us out, who cares right?

" http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives... ;

This guy (above link) doesn't see any 'disaster movie' episodes coming but ... who knows? There's always hope. Don't buy any beach front property!!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. Very interesting points.
<quoted text>
I totally agree with that statement!
Hey thanks! I wish I were a better proof-reader. There's two 'imagines' that should have been 'imaginations' but I hope the point remains.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thanks! I wish I were a better proof-reader. There's two 'imagines' that should have been 'imaginations' but I hope the point remains.
Your point was clearly stated and wasn't compromised. It remains.
Rogue Element

Central Point, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

I see "MUQ" still hasn't proven his creator.
Dak-Original

Wembley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of humanity are the prisoners of their culture and birth. Humans are prisoners of the thinking brain development during evolution. Nothing to do with potential of human imagination or human endeavour to seek facts.
Not everyhting humans do or feel is logical and resonable. However, malfactors in human religions which affect all should be pointed out so that these are removed or ignored by followers of a particular faith.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of humanity are the prisoners of their culture and birth. Humans are prisoners of the thinking brain development during evolution. Nothing to do with potential of human imagination or human endeavour to seek facts.
Not everyhting humans do or feel is logical and resonable. However, malfactors in human religions which affect all should be pointed out so that these are removed or ignored by followers of a particular faith.
It just rankles me when someone says something is 'more than we can imagine'. There are certainly things that exist outside our sphere of knowledge and we have a very effective mechanism in place to fix that. Our imagination's seem boundless. That doesn't mean everything we can imagine necessarily exists or that some kind of 'proof' is available for things that can be imagined but not held manifest.

Religions are real enough, of course, as are their demonstrably negative influence on Humanity, although some imagine them beneficial. LOL. The gods they serve exist solely within the imagination of their (religions) participants. The malfactors are those who get caught up and carried away. Anyway ... lack of imagination definitely AIN'T one of our problems.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Peak oil:
Peak water:
Peak soil:
Peak fish:
<quoted text>
I certainly agree that we are on an unsustainable growth curve. A crash of 'disaster movie' proportions seems inevitable. It probably won't be a nice, clean 'wham, bam, thank you ma'am' kind of disaster, like the Black Death, where the survivors find themselves enjoying a suddenly depopulated but largely intact infrastructure. Nope. It's gonna be a slow, suffocating ugly kind of thing and all the absolute worst aspects of Humanity are going to strut their stuff. Including, I'm afraid, a resurgence of religion and superstition, which seems to ride on the back of misery like ticks on a dog. Unlike friendly plagues ... there won't be much left for the survivors, our resources having been spent in centuries of pointless conflict and uncontrolled growth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••