Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
13,521 - 13,540 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
LCNlin

United States

#14137 Aug 18, 2013
Religion seems strong in the United States, maybe not the United Kingdom.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14139 Aug 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>There are many things that Albert Einstein did say, and there is much more attributed to him, by liars, that he never said. If you find it on a Christian apologetic web site, odds are he didn't say it. If it flies in the face of all that he is known for, he probably didn't say it. If it claims a god true, know that he didn't say it. Some things are just beyond belief.
btw: how much of that post was or your devising?
LOL

It really chaps your atheist ass that Einstein and ALL the great minds of the 20th century scientific revolution believed in God, doesn't it, bubba?

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha.......

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14140 Aug 18, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
It really chaps your atheist ass that Einstein and ALL the great minds of the 20th century scientific revolution believed in God, doesn't it, bubba?
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha.......
Einstein labeled himself an agnostic, and did not believe in a biblical "god"... and why would that chap anyone's atheist ass?
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#14141 Aug 18, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost Atheist? LOL Is that like almost dead or almost pregnant or almost mature etc.?
You ignorant atheist trolls are sooooo entertaining. So mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence....
You can play on words but why not try to think! Death and pregnancy are real situations but belief matters are not. I came across the term "Almost atheist" on web and that suits like of me who reject faiths as truth and from GOD. Almost atheists then do believe in GOD as concept even though not proven yet. Even many atheists are saying that "probably there is no GOD" instead of "there is no GOD". Now, considering that evolution of specis is proven fact, do you continue in your belief in a religion of your birth? Are you pussyfooting round the issue by saying stupid things like "You ignorant atheist trolls are sooooo entertaining. So mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence...."?
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#14142 Aug 18, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand?
It's pretty obvious, such as someone could be almost democrat, but still republican. Their views are almost like those of another.
<quoted text>
Ignorant?
Free of intelligence?
Oh the irony!
Thanks. A post containing an intelligent observation. Entertainment was not needed for such serious issues. LOL!
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#14143 Aug 18, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If medical science ever figures out a way to transplant brains like other organs, atheist brains like yours have such low mileage they're sure to go for top dollar, bubba.
Are you not aware that you expose yourself as thick when you post inane personal insults in order to deviate from the issue under discussion?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#14144 Aug 18, 2013
I do not believe in a personal god. Albert Einstein 1954
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost Atheist? LOL Is that like almost dead or almost pregnant or almost mature etc.?
You ignorant atheist trolls are sooooo entertaining. So mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence....

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#14145 Aug 18, 2013
Your real problem with India is that they do not oppress people for how they chose to believe and worship as you have already admitted.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people will say that I am anti National for writing this truth.

United States of America

#14146 Aug 18, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
You can play on words but why not try to think! Death and pregnancy are real situations but belief matters are not. I came across the term "Almost atheist" on web and that suits like of me who reject faiths as truth and from GOD. Almost atheists then do believe in GOD as concept even though not proven yet. Even many atheists are saying that "probably there is no GOD" instead of "there is no GOD". Now, considering that evolution of specis is proven fact, do you continue in your belief in a religion of your birth? Are you pussyfooting round the issue by saying stupid things like "You ignorant atheist trolls are sooooo entertaining. So mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence...."?
How about "you delusional ignorant atheist trolls are soooooo entertaining"?

There's no thing as an "almost" except in horseshoes and hand grenades, bubba.

Schrodinger's Cat.....get it?

United States of America

#14147 Aug 18, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein labeled himself an agnostic, and did not believe in a biblical "god"... and why would that chap anyone's atheist ass?
LOL And that's what you think the definition of agnostic is?

Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha ......

Location hidden

#14148 Aug 18, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL And that's what you think the definition of agnostic is?
Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha ......
That is what he labeled himself, and he did not believe in a personal god. Did you eat a sheep today?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14149 Aug 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no purpose for you to type in this forum until you've proved the god that is part of your mental illness.
I did not know that you have become "god" of this thread, allowing and judging people who is qualified to post or not?

How you rose to this position? By popular choice or just grabbed the vacant position?

Why can't you people digest any one differing from your own narrow point of view?

Location hidden

#14150 Aug 18, 2013
(The following quotes are taken from The Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press unless otherwise noted)

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

(The following is from Einstein and Religion by Max Jammer, Princeton University Press)
"I'm not an atheist, and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations."

(The following is from The Quotable Einstein)
"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true....Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me."

Location hidden

#14151 Aug 18, 2013
ag·nos·tic
/ag&#712;nästik/
Noun
A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena;...

Yes, I do believe he would have been considered an agnostic according to this definition and his own words.
LCNlin

United States

#14152 Aug 18, 2013
Is it any surprise that, in a smug tweet, Richard Dawkins refers to this meta-analysis with feigned surprise as to why the cleverness of atheists is even questioned?:-)

By Frank Furedi – 16 August 2013
There was a time when religious leaders used the highest authority of all – that of God – to condemn and ostracise those who rejected the faith. In the 21st century, those who wish to denounce religion have adopted the same tactic.

United States of America

#14153 Aug 18, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Your earlier posts appear to "defend" your religion of birth - Islam. Do you not find some dichtomy or are you moving towards the state of an Almost Atheist?
LOL Loaded questions containing false assumptions are called logical fallacies, bubba.

United States of America

#14154 Aug 18, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, considering that evolution of specis is proven fact, do you continue in your belief in a religion of your birth? Are you pussyfooting round the issue by saying stupid things like "You ignorant atheist trolls are sooooo entertaining. So mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence...."?
I’m laughing at your blustering attempt to save face after asking yet another loaded question containing yet another totally false assumption. You’re a hoot, bubba!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14155 Aug 18, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If medical science ever figures out a way to transplant brains like other organs, atheist brains like yours have such low mileage they're sure to go for top dollar, bubba.
Oh, the irony indeed!
I suppose that now we will have to see this insane mess posted all over our threads?

Location hidden

#14156 Aug 18, 2013
These are only "loaded questions" because, true to form for most religious followers on this forum, you just don't want to answer questions.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#14157 Aug 18, 2013
Liberty wrote:
Your real problem with India is that they do not oppress people for how they chose to believe and worship as you have already admitted.
Ans.

You do not know how many people are being oppressed in India every day.

Do you know that most part of Kashmir is under curfew for more than ten days?

You in world media do not give a damn about what a country does to its Muslim population.

India has many good qualities, but the media is in control of a few, who try to create bad blood between its people.\

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Eagle 12 226,516
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 2 hr Patrick 13
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Dak-Original 21,516
The myth of the angry atheist 4 hr Thinking 2
The Ultimate Evidence of God 5 hr Thinking 67
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••