Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 670)

Showing posts 13,381 - 13,400 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Face up to the fact that you're a liar with no evidence and no atheist here takes you seriously for this obvious reason.
Take your hateful religious cult out of this forum and f*ck off back to your stupid cave, you ignorant piece of sh*t. And while you're at it, correct the line in your rag bible which says that atheists are fools you judgmental hallucination projecting egotists.
This thread is the Israel forum, bubba.

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha.....

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is the Israel forum, bubba.
Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha.....
It shows up in the Atheist forum as well

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
When you become proficient enough in physics and mathematics to refute causality or Whitehead's Theory of Actual Occasion, pigs will have already grown wings and learned to fly, bubba
Quantum Mechanics, which was unknown when Whitehead was writing, has refuted causality quite well. Whitehead, although he did some good work with Russell, had a metaphysics that was simply silly.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Wikipedia stub on atheism, there are dozens of different definitions for atheism and hardly any agreement among atheists themselves on a single definition of atheism. YOUR definition of atheism is YOUR definition, but apparently there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Get it, bubba?
And what do all the explanations of atheism agree on?
The lack of belief in a deity.

Congrats, you win the award for dumbest person alive...again.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7]

These are the same definitions... I'm not sure where you are finding the huge gaps in meaning. "Rejection of belief in a deity"-- "The position that there are no deities"-- "The absence of a belief that any deities exist".????????
It's Zit, she's the dumbest of them all.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>First you post that the dictionary definition of "atheist" didn't really describe what you believe and you chose not to label yourself:

Post #13776

Then you attack other posters for asserting that the dictionary definition of "atheist" doesn't really describe what individual atheists believe:

Post #13963

I_see_you wrote, "<quoted text>
LOL... alright then... If that's what you really wanna believe lmao. lol... I can't stop laughing at this lol... You are seriously fighting about a definition that can be found in the Merriam-Webster dictionary lol! "

Besides demonstrating that you're just another garden variety hypocrite, you're also a BAD ATHEIST per the Urban Dictionary definition # 5

Atheist

A person who believes in the absence of any supreme being or anything regarding the supernatural...There are 2 kinds

GOOD ATHEIST: A person who has read and studied thoroughly the concepts of science and religion. He/She has come to the conclusion that there is no supreme being and therefore does not believe in any god or gods. In spite of this however they are open to the concept and enjoy having mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical or condescending.

BAD ATHIEST: A self-involved, egotistical jackass who does not believe in a supreme being not because what they have read or studied but usually because they hate religion or religious people. They usually go out of there way to make religious people feel bad and accuse them of being close-minded while they, themselves, will not listen to any other arguments but there own. They are impossible to try to reason with because they are usually self-centered, condescending,unscientific, and downright immature. Their arguments are usually full of anti-religious cliches and therefore easy to break apart.

Religious Person: I believe in God
Good Atheist: Really? that's interesting. I don't personally but I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the issue sometime

Religious Person: I belive in God
Bad Atheist: WHAT!!!?!? You belive in God?....hahahahaha I don't believe in God I have absolute faith in science because it's completley accurate and irrefutable
:
The there's Zit sitting with anyone:
Zit: I never take a stance on pedophilia, but take a stance on everything else, showing my approval. I also believe time doesn't exist and that atheists don't exist.
Everyone else: Wow, I can't believe someone can be so stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
First you post that the dictionary definition of "atheist" didn't really describe what you believe and you chose not to label yourself:
Post #13776
<quoted text>
Then you attack other posters for asserting that the dictionary definition of "atheist" doesn't really describe what individual atheists believe:
Post #13963
<quoted text>
Besides demonstrating that you're just another garden variety hypocrite, you're also a BAD ATHEIST per the Urban Dictionary definition # 5
Atheist
A person who believes in the absence of any supreme being or anything regarding the supernatural...There are 2 kinds
GOOD ATHEIST: A person who has read and studied thoroughly the concepts of science and religion. He/She has come to the conclusion that there is no supreme being and therefore does not believe in any god or gods. In spite of this however they are open to the concept and enjoy having mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical or condescending.
BAD ATHIEST: A self-involved, egotistical jackass who does not believe in a supreme being not because what they have read or studied but usually because they hate religion or religious people. They usually go out of there way to make religious people feel bad and accuse them of being close-minded while they, themselves, will not listen to any other arguments but there own. They are impossible to try to reason with because they are usually self-centered, condescending,unscientific, and downright immature. Their arguments are usually full of anti-religious cliches and therefore easy to break apart.
Religious Person: I believe in God
Good Atheist: Really? that's interesting. I don't personally but I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the issue sometime
Religious Person: I belive in God
Bad Atheist: WHAT!!!?!? You belive in God?....hahahahaha I don't believe in God I have absolute faith in science because it's completley accurate and irrefutable
:
O.k... now I can officially say that I agree with everyone else who has called you ignorant. What I believe, or how I label myself has nothing to do with the fact that you can look up the definition of Atheism, or Atheist in the Merriam-Webster dictionary and find absolutely one definition... not many lol.

Secondly... Since you know exactly what I have posted then you should obviously remember me distinctly saying that I don't label myself, so how could I be a bad Atheist???

Are you labeling me? I'm feeling labeled. Guys/Gals.. He's labeling me!

It'll be o.k.(comforting tone) When you learn to read you'll finally understand all of the big definitions in that big ole Merriam-Webster.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Zit, she's the dumbest of them all.
Yeah...I'm not too fond of this one, not one bit lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
The there's Zit sitting with anyone:
Zit: I never take a stance on pedophilia, but take a stance on everything else, showing my approval. I also believe time doesn't exist and that atheists don't exist.
Everyone else: Wow, I can't believe someone can be so stupid.
That sounds about spot on there.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
That's circular reasoning and it's a logical fallacy.
Again, duration is the period of existence between a CAUSE and EFFECT. Time, on the other hand, is the mental construct humans invented to MEASURE the duration, i.e. period of existence, between cause and effect.
Keep repeating yourself. Maybe some one other than you and your mommy will say your brilliant.

Tell us how 32 virgins in the after life are made possible by your notion of a mental construct, bubba.
LCN Llin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

America seems solid behind President Obama and VP Biden on questions of theology.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum Mechanics, which was unknown when Whitehead was writing, has refuted causality quite well. Whitehead, although he did some good work with Russell, had a metaphysics that was simply silly.
Au contraire.

Concepts and theories about the universe at the quantum level were first introduced by Hindu scholars and documented in Vedic literature beginning in about 5,000 BC, many milleniums before Whitehead developed his Theory of Actual Occasion and wrote “Process and Reality”.

Causality requires that a potency be actualized by something already actual. For any event to occur it must first have the potential to occur, and then have that potential actualized. Quantum mechanics merely describes what takes place at the quantum level. It makes no reference to causes and has never refuted the principle of causality. To say that it has is just false.

BTW Quantum theory is just chock full of "silly" metaphysical assumptions and implications, like the theory about the "God particle" for example.......(heeheeheeheehee .....)

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lookie, Pomona Athetard has his sock puppet on again.
Ol' Septic is such a charmer, isn't he?

I'm guessing his toxicity levels are getting close to reaching critical mass at which point he and his puppet master will finally swallowed up in a black hole and recycled into something useful, like compost...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lookie, Pomona Athetard has his sock puppet on again.
proofless piece of sh*t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ol' Septic is such a charmer, isn't he?
I'm guessing his toxicity levels are getting close to reaching critical mass at which point he and his puppet master will finally swallowed up in a black hole and recycled into something useful, like compost...
All you need to do is prove the god you're lying about and you instantly stop being dishonest immmoral idiot.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is prove the god you're lying about and you instantly stop being dishonest immmoral idiot.
Already asked and answered, bubba.

Do you have Attention Deficit Disorder?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Already asked and answered, bubba.
Do you have Attention Deficit Disorder?
Not answered at all lol. How on earth do you feel like you have answered creation and life after death with "God did it" and "We will go to heaven or hell." ??????? There is no proof that "god" exists, and there is no proof that heaven or hell exists.

Yesss yessss I know... there is also no solid proof that the big bang started it all either. That would mean that neither party has the definite answer so stop claiming that you do.

However, science has a much more trustworthy opinion on the subject.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Not answered at all lol. How on earth do you feel like you have answered creation and life after death with "God did it" and "We will go to heaven or hell." ??????? There is no proof that "god" exists, and there is no proof that heaven or hell exists.
Yesss yessss I know... there is also no solid proof that the big bang started it all either. That would mean that neither party has the definite answer so stop claiming that you do.
However, science has a much more trustworthy opinion on the subject.
Blah blah blah blah...hand waving, red herrings, straw men ad nauseum infinitum

LOL.....such a chatty inane little sock puppet, bubba.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you atheists always want a complicated answer?
Sometimes 'magic' just won't cut it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah blah...hand waving, red herrings, straw men ad nauseum infinitum
LOL.....such a chatty inane little sock puppet, bubba.
Pot ... meet kettle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,381 - 13,400 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••