Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13908 Aug 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S why she's okay with pedophilia!
She doesn't believe in time and thinks they're both the same age!
The obnoxious pervert stalker known as "Richardfs" was kicked off Topix discussion boards last week.

You're next, bubba.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13909 Aug 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Did you catch her humiliating herself trying to debate poly? Wow! Lol!

Epic epic fail
Yup.
Uneducated Muslim vs highly educated mathematician and professor.

Hmm, I wonder who would win?
(I don't, really. I already know)

Montreal

#13910 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>The obnoxious pervert stalker known as "Richardfs" was kicked off Topix discussion boards last week.

You're next, bubba.
Well, you do believe pedophilia is right, otherwise, you would have denounced it in the many chances you had.

Montreal

#13911 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're next, bubba.
Ooooooh a threat!
Wave that chicken on a stick!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13912 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Duration is the period of existence between a cause and effect.
In other words, the *time* between those events.
Time, on the other hand, is the mental construct humans invented to MEASURE the duration, i.e. period of existence, between cause and effect.
The objects of measurements are not mental constructs. We don't say that distance is a mental construct because we measure distance with yard sticks. We don't say that charge is a mental construct because we measure it via its effects. Similarly, time is what we are measuring when we measure duration. The duration is a time interval.

United States of America

#13913 Aug 2, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>

.....The objects of measurements are not mental constructs.....
Correct.

The OBJECTS of measurements are not mental constructs.

Itís the MEASUREMENTS of those objects which are mental constructs.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13914 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
And duration is time (actually proper time).

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13915 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Aren't you tired of flogging that dead horse yet? Time is what time is. All you've demonstrated is that you can't verbalize it any better than anybody else. You must have just recently came upon the phrase "mental construct". Yeah, everything we blah, blah, blah is a 'mental construct'... whoop-dee-frig-n-doo. People who try to attach cosmic significance to the fact that we all like to set around and contemplate our belly button lint make me want to puke. The great clockwork mechanism of the Universe will continue to unwind, quite unconcerned, when our component atoms are all splattered out there, re-condensing into some new star system. For some reason, godbots just can't handle the truth. You people just can't stand the thought that you and your belly button lint are so resoundingly and completely irrelevant in the 'Big Picture'.

I hate to break it to you, but until you reach this realization, you ain't even SCRATCHED THE SURFACE of attaining any kind of Cosmic Consciousness. Cuz Bubba ... that's what Cosmic Consciousness is. What you got a really bad case of is Cosmic Self-Delusion.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13916 Aug 2, 2013
Here's your "Cosmic Consciousness" summed up, no doubt, long before you were born.

"
"

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13917 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
A mental illness that makes you to lie about things that aren't really there is no cause for celebration.
Thinking

UK

#13918 Aug 3, 2013
&t= 82
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The obnoxious pervert stalker known as "Richardfs" was kicked off Topix discussion boards last week.
You're next, bubba.
Thinking

UK

#13919 Aug 3, 2013
So you admit to being an obnoxious pervert.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're next, bubba.
Thinking

UK

#13920 Aug 3, 2013
Yes - as much as anyone else with the same income.
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the minor nobility (Earls, Lords, Dukes, whatever) pay taxes?

United States of America

#13921 Aug 3, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And duration is time (actually proper time).
That's circular reasoning and it's a logical fallacy.

Again, duration is the period of existence between a CAUSE and EFFECT. Time, on the other hand, is the mental construct humans invented to MEASURE the duration, i.e. period of existence, between cause and effect.

Montreal

#13924 Aug 3, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>That's circular reasoning and it's a logical fallacy.

Again, duration is the period of existence between a CAUSE and EFFECT. Time, on the other hand, is the mental construct humans invented to MEASURE the duration, i.e. period of existence, between cause and effect.
I really can't believe how dumb you are.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13925 Aug 3, 2013
You gotta give poly props for his patience with zit.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>I really can't believe how dumb you are.

Montreal

#13926 Aug 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta give poly props for his patience with zit.
Yeah, it's never-ending.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13928 Aug 6, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
I think atheism will replace religion, but i'd say not in the next 200 years so its pretty futile, I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist
Deja vue?
Thinking

UK

#13929 Aug 6, 2013
Again.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Deja vue?
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#13930 Aug 8, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
I think atheism will replace religion, but i'd say not in the next 200 years so its pretty futile, I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist
How Atheism which cannot even be defined will replace religion? Can a fish market type of gathering and arguments replace the high level of religious beliefs?

I think Atheism will also die its natural death as Communism, Nazism, Faschism and so many isms did before that.
Religions might "merge" and a True Universal religion might emerge....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min woodtick57 2,267
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr Yiago 148
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 232,891
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 7 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 7 hr thetruth 67
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 23 hr _Bad Company 23,198
More from around the web