Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14735 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13895 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting warmer....
Time is certainly not irrelevant to humans who want to understand and measure how the duration of the moun's process of decay is affected by variables such as motion and gravity. Time is entirely irrelevant to the moun. It's not a variable in process of moun's decay and has no physical impact on it's decay process whatsoever. Time can't slow, halt, or accelerate the moun's process of decay because it has no independent reality outside the minds of humans. A second of "time" or any fraction thereof is just a mental construct invented by humans like a meter or a gram.
Wrong again. Duration is time.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#13896 Aug 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
If creationists stop trying to sound smart and instead proved the gods that they lie about 24/7, they would get more respect here. Only kidding, creationists don't get respect anywhere.. Because liars don't get respect anywhere.
Ummm.......wrong person?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13897 Aug 2, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm.......wrong person?
Yep, I think in haste Skeptic replied to the wrong post.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13898 Aug 2, 2013
Good point! If you deny time exists than her husband who she was sold to at age 6 was doing nothing different than marrying a 26 year old! It all makes sense now why she wishes to believe time doesn't exist!

Good catch man!
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>THAT'S why she's okay with pedophilia!
She doesn't believe in time and thinks they're both the same age!
LCN Llin

United States

#13899 Aug 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
2/3rds of UK not religious.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801
Good news, right?
<quoted text>
alas taxes go to Church of England.
Anglican Bishops in House of Lords.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#13900 Aug 2, 2013
If that keeps our churches empty, it is a better use of money than tithing.
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
alas taxes go to Church of England.
Anglican Bishops in House of Lords.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13901 Aug 2, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Duration is time.
Wrong.

Duration is the period of existence between a cause and effect. Time, on the other hand, is the mental construct humans invented to MEASURE the duration, i.e. period of existence, between cause and effect.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13903 Aug 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Good point! If you deny time exists than her husband who she was sold to at age 6 was doing nothing different than marrying a 26 year old! It all makes sense now why she wishes to believe time doesn't exist!
Good catch man!
<quoted text>
The things she will do to try and excuse her disgusting beliefs.

Montreal

#13904 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Duration is the period of existence between a cause and effect. Time, on the other hand, is the mental construct humans invented to MEASURE the duration, i.e. period of existence, between cause and effect.
Yes, people invented the word "time," but the thing that the word "time" appropriates exists, and therefore time exists.

Just like every single word in the English language.
It was created to describe something.

Is that what you're picking on? Useless semantics that aren't even semantics?

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13905 Aug 2, 2013
Did you catch her humiliating herself trying to debate poly? Wow! Lol!

Epic epic fail
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>The things she will do to try and excuse her disgusting beliefs.
LCN Llin

United States

#13906 Aug 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If that keeps our churches empty, it is a better use of money than tithing.
<quoted text>
Yes!
Do the minor nobility (Earls, Lords, Dukes, whatever) pay taxes? The Queen does I believe. Last time i was in a pub in London a mate was complaining about them not paying? Was he correct?
As always thanks for the BBC.

United States of America

#13907 Aug 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
A halfwit like you has no chance debating with poly.
Sorry best go back to defending Islamic suicide bombers who target children.
<quoted text>
The obnoxious pervert stalker known as "Richardfs" was kicked off Topix discussion boards last week.

You're next, bubba.

United States of America

#13908 Aug 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S why she's okay with pedophilia!
She doesn't believe in time and thinks they're both the same age!
The obnoxious pervert stalker known as "Richardfs" was kicked off Topix discussion boards last week.

You're next, bubba.

Montreal

#13909 Aug 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Did you catch her humiliating herself trying to debate poly? Wow! Lol!

Epic epic fail
Yup.
Uneducated Muslim vs highly educated mathematician and professor.

Hmm, I wonder who would win?
(I don't, really. I already know)

Montreal

#13910 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>The obnoxious pervert stalker known as "Richardfs" was kicked off Topix discussion boards last week.

You're next, bubba.
Well, you do believe pedophilia is right, otherwise, you would have denounced it in the many chances you had.

Montreal

#13911 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're next, bubba.
Ooooooh a threat!
Wave that chicken on a stick!

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#13912 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Duration is the period of existence between a cause and effect.
In other words, the *time* between those events.
Time, on the other hand, is the mental construct humans invented to MEASURE the duration, i.e. period of existence, between cause and effect.
The objects of measurements are not mental constructs. We don't say that distance is a mental construct because we measure distance with yard sticks. We don't say that charge is a mental construct because we measure it via its effects. Similarly, time is what we are measuring when we measure duration. The duration is a time interval.

United States of America

#13913 Aug 2, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>

.....The objects of measurements are not mental constructs.....
Correct.

The OBJECTS of measurements are not mental constructs.

It’s the MEASUREMENTS of those objects which are mental constructs.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#13914 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
And duration is time (actually proper time).

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13915 Aug 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Aren't you tired of flogging that dead horse yet? Time is what time is. All you've demonstrated is that you can't verbalize it any better than anybody else. You must have just recently came upon the phrase "mental construct". Yeah, everything we blah, blah, blah is a 'mental construct'... whoop-dee-frig-n-doo. People who try to attach cosmic significance to the fact that we all like to set around and contemplate our belly button lint make me want to puke. The great clockwork mechanism of the Universe will continue to unwind, quite unconcerned, when our component atoms are all splattered out there, re-condensing into some new star system. For some reason, godbots just can't handle the truth. You people just can't stand the thought that you and your belly button lint are so resoundingly and completely irrelevant in the 'Big Picture'.

I hate to break it to you, but until you reach this realization, you ain't even SCRATCHED THE SURFACE of attaining any kind of Cosmic Consciousness. Cuz Bubba ... that's what Cosmic Consciousness is. What you got a really bad case of is Cosmic Self-Delusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 33 min Dogen 4,766
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Vs vs 85,463
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 7 hr Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Mon Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Mon superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web