Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14735 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13852 Jul 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Prove Allah created a single atom, not speculation that he must have and apologetics, and I will believe in him.
<quoted text>
Who else Created this Universe? Newton, Einstein or Dickens? How dumb you are?

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13853 Jul 30, 2013
Not a who. It was created by natural observable processes. It is foolish and childish to assign deeds and properties to a god until you can demonstrate observable proof that a god even exists. And this has been explained to you dozens of times.

How Islam has failed you Muq.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Who else Created this Universe? Newton, Einstein or Dickens? How dumb you are?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#13854 Jul 31, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
We already have, as have you, by going to sleep and waking up and breathing and eating and so on and so forth.
You are simply insane, that is why you cannot accept the fact that time exists.
I bet you believe that light doesn't exist either, or matter, or even space.
Existence doesn't even exist to you.
Do civil unions really do what the anti gays said they would do?

Well well well. Looks like the claims by the bigots that civil unions will do the same thing as marriage is unraveling in KY.

Exclusive: Will a lesbian couple be forced to testify against each other?

http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetracker/Exclu...

I hope we get this to be a big buzz on the internet. It will be interesting to hear the usual suspects respond,(Hannity, Limbaugh, Nom, AFA, Robertson, O'Reilly, etc.).

I Love it! PLEASE promote this story everywhere: Facebook; Twitter; etc.

Oh and all you anti gays who backed civil unions.....

1. Abiding Truth Ministries (Scott Lively)
2. American Family Association (Tim Wildmon; Bryan Fischer)
3. Americans for Truth About Homosexuality (Peter LaBarbera)
4. American Vision (Gary DeMar)
5. Chalcedon Foundation (R. J. Rushdoony)
6. Christian Anti-Defamation Commission (Gary Cass)
7. Concerned Women for America (Beverly LaHaye)
8. Coral Ridge Ministries (Robert Knight)
9. Dove World Outreach Center (Terry Jones)
10. Faithful Word Baptist Church (Steven Anderson)
11. Family Research Council (Tony Perkins)
12. Family research Institute (Paul Cameron)
13. Heterosexuals Organized for a Moral Environment (Wayne Lela)
14. Illinois Family Institute (Laurie Higgins)
15. Liberty Council (Matt Barber; Peter LaBarbera)
16. Mass Resistance (Brian Camenker)
17. National Organization for Marriage (Maggie Gallagher; Robert George; Brian Brown)
18. Traditional Values Coalition (Lou Sheldon; Andrea Lafferty)

……..checkmate!

LMAO
Thinking

Royston, UK

#13855 Jul 31, 2013
Einstein made mistakes, blubber.
Do you believe in a steady state universe?
Einstein wanted a steady state universe so badly he wasted years of his life on the subject - much like you will with your delusional beliefs.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question, bubba.
Albert Einstein said: "Time is an illusion...."
Are you claiming Einstein was crazy? Do believe Einstein's claim that time is an illusion is insane?
And, again, if you think time is real......PROVE IT.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13856 Jul 31, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't answer the question, bubba.

Albert Einstein said: "Time is an illusion...."

Are you claiming Einstein was crazy? Do believe Einstein's claim that time is an illusion is insane?

And, again, if you think time is real......PROVE IT.
We already have, as have you, by going to sleep and waking up and breathing and eating and so on and so forth.
You are simply insane, that is why you cannot accept the fact that time exists.
I bet you believe that light doesn't exist either, or matter, or even space.
Existence doesn't even exist to you.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13857 Jul 31, 2013
Zit has already had her questions answered by many people here.
It's difficult to convince the willfully ignorant, though.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13858 Jul 31, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea of an invisible substance which permeates the universe and, among other things, holds the stars and planets in place, etc, was first hypothesized about 7,000 years ago in India.
Yes, and the atomic theory was proposed in Greece 2500 years ago. Neither have anything to do with the modern results.
To say we even know what dark matter is or how and what it interracts with has been proven yet is just false and misstates what science actually knows. And, complicating the issue, there’s a new theory that says “dark matter” is just an illusion.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/...
Yes, of course, we test out alternative explanations for our data. But, none of the modified gravity theories has been able to explain the dynamics of the Bullet cluster. Dark matter does.
Really? What would be an example of time being affected by matter via gravity? How would your clock for measuring time work on say Venus where one day is equal to 243 days on Earth? Hmmmmm.....?
I would use the same clocks I use today. I would probably use a different calendar, though.

Time is affected by gravity: it slows in stronger gravitational fields. This is a measured effect predicted by Einstein.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#13859 Jul 31, 2013
Just because US hides its bad, it does not mean there are too many bad and shameful things which are not opened up and told, that you think US is all that good.

US still has war criminal Bush wanted by the world, in addition to hacking the planet. But US has acted like a big thug criminal like Obama, by creating International disorder, breaking International regulations, trying to get Snowden.
US has done lots of wrongs, making Iraq lots of violences every day for at least last 11 years since it started that and illegally invaded Iraq by committing perjury on WMD and forced down UN inspection.

US has damaged itself by ruining the planet by slaughtering too many innocent people in the multi-millions for last 50 years as US has been acting like an International outlaw. ON calling him espionage man, Bradley Manning was acquitted, yet the serious sentencing to come tells that US is obviously going through the dirty extremism with no truth and any real reality.

US has eroded, polluted, corroded the thoughts of western Europe and Japan by brianwashing them to dictate to them to join in, to do wrong while spying on them at the same time. US attempts to make Western Europe to be slaves and subservants to them so that they could become evils to conduct the Iraq war or other wars, to have the most degrading disgrace of any humans in modern times. US has committed unlawfulness to these western European nations so that the big thug as evil villain will satisfy its crave of pervert creed to hassle against European and Nato nations.

US has done too many crimes to this world in order to hamper the world, where its conducts and actions are guilty of all wrongdoings by engaging the unlawful and wrongful direction globally.

Its people are living under totalitarian scheme to be enslaved in the falsehood to downgrade themselves while there is no such economy that can go anywhere that US people are victims of a volatile police state suffering immensely in many areas, as many too bad and evil matters inside are untold.

European Nations must sort it out from the bad, ugly and wrong of US to position to stands of righteousness for the world, to do the right things with justice, that they must on longer join US to do wrong but implement the truth of justice for all on the planet.

Besides on the needs for these people of the planet to stand up with back-bone obligation with people around the world to do all rightfully, this is the critical direction of these changing times that global people had better realize they have to do all that in order to make sense for this world.

THE WORLD HAS CHANGED, AS ALL THAT BAD AND WRONG AND UGLY ARE NOT TOLD AND PRESENTED FROM US, the people around the world must be acknowledging knowing based on all real and true facts to move on to the forward future, to get things done properly.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13860 Jul 31, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
"For gods sake...." Was that a Freudian slip?
Of course all myths are man made but that doesn't mean we can't learn some really important things about ourselves and our world from these ancient stories. For example, almost every culture has myths about a huge flood with only a few survivors, yet there is no ancient mythology from any culture describing any kind of glaciation events like the Older or Younger Dryas, just the water flooding from the glacial melts. Don't you think that's odd?
Are you a prophet? How do you know the earth is going to end in a nuclear inferno. I ask because from the unprecedented amount of CO2 detected in ice core samples, it seems far more likely that the earth is going to be plunged into another ice age before the nukes fly and get a chance to do their thing. I do agree that humans are on a collision course with a sixth extinction event, but I think "a remnant" will survive to repopulate our species as it did after the last five extinction events.
I presume you've heard of the rising CO2 levels, "Global Warming", sea levels rising, coastal flooding scenarios which are all the latest rage? The biggest threats from 'nuclear annihilation' comes from your Psychopathic Jihadist Pals in the Middle East. Of course, India and Pakistanland have their sweaty fingers wavering around radioactive triggers. All this hatred and destruction fueled by, none other, than their petty and ridiculous religious inspired prejudices.

It's a pity, sort of, that nobody is in communication with a Real God (tm), who I am sure would not approve of this behavior. Must be frustrating, depressing even, to be all devout, follow all the rituals, pray every minute of every day and be answered with such a deafening silence. Hell, the resulting depression might help explain the godbot's apparent 'death wish'. "Humans are naughty and deserve to be punished" ... what a horrible, resounding theme that ties all of your delusions together into a suffocating load that Mankind has had to drag around all this time.

Now Zit is hoping for a new Ice Age Apocalypse. Hey, Zit! Can we finish the Global Warming Apocalypse before we start a new one? Please. Some of us can only handle one catastrophe at a time. Don't worry ... I'm sure there's a good 'extinction event' right around the corner where us Human Vermin will get exactly what we deserve.

Texas, USA

#13861 Jul 31, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a hypothesis that it's not inactive, that it interacts with matter, gravity and other forces, but that hasn't been proven.
<quoted text>
Really? The thing you call "time" doesn't and has never interacted with anything at all....yet you insist it DOES exist.
Okay. You don't believe in "time". Got that. How do you feel about "entropy"? What about "change"? Do you believe things change? If "time" doesn't exist, it has to be the single most useful 'mental construct' Humans have ever come up with. Care to guess what our most USELESS mental construct might be?

Texas, USA

#13862 Jul 31, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions are foolish. Now it is too late to Change the wheel in the direction of life.
You sound like you a laboring under a religious conviction. It's never too late. We're changing the wheel as we speak.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13863 Jul 31, 2013
She is lamely trying to compare the concept of time to her invisible sky wizard who fcks his daughters up in Muslim heaven. You see ignorant theists use the same line of BS with... Prove the number 4 exists. As of the concept of the number 4 has anything to do with an invisible sky wizard who ate dinner and walked with so called prophets telling them words of wisdom.... Or had all night man love wrestling sessions with them as we see in the Old Testament.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. You don't believe in "time". Got that. How do you feel about "entropy"? What about "change"? Do you believe things change? If "time" doesn't exist, it has to be the single most useful 'mental construct' Humans have ever come up with. Care to guess what our most USELESS mental construct might be?

Texas, USA

#13864 Jul 31, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea of an invisible substance which permeates the universe and, among other things, holds the stars and planets in place, etc, was first hypothesized about 7,000 years ago in India.
To say we even know what dark matter is or how and what it interracts with has been proven yet is just false and misstates what science actually knows. And, complicating the issue, there’s a new theory that says “dark matter” is just an illusion.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/...
<quoted text>
Really? What would be an example of time being affected by matter via gravity? How would your clock for measuring time work on say Venus where one day is equal to 243 days on Earth? Hmmmmm.....?
That there is something roughly analogous to 'the Ether' is kind of ironic. It's always made some sense that 'waves' have to have some kind of medium to propagate through. The Ancients drew their conclusions from watching waves propagate around a pond. Nothing Earth shattering about that. They extrapolated from what they could see and feel. I'm surprised they didn't just say "Godidit" and leave it at that. All you've 'proven' is that even in Ancient Times, there were thinkers and people who were not satisfied with a simple supernatural explanation for everything.

Texas, USA

#13865 Jul 31, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and the atomic theory was proposed in Greece 2500 years ago. Neither have anything to do with the modern results.
<quoted text>
Yes, of course, we test out alternative explanations for our data. But, none of the modified gravity theories has been able to explain the dynamics of the Bullet cluster. Dark matter does.
<quoted text>
I would use the same clocks I use today. I would probably use a different calendar, though.
Time is affected by gravity: it slows in stronger gravitational fields. This is a measured effect predicted by Einstein.
I guess if time slows down for objects as they approach the Speed of Light, I presume time STOPS for things that are actually GOING the Speed of Light ... like LIGHT for instance. So for a Photon ... time would 'cease to exist'. They do seem to be rather long-lived. Makes sense to me!
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13866 Jul 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not CREATE Protons, you are using some one else' creation. You do not understand Creation, do you?
You mean Adam tale! LOL! OH!MUQ!
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13867 Jul 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who else Created this Universe? Newton, Einstein or Dickens? How dumb you are?
Open question remains open and so it must be real GOD, I guess!
Likes of Newton and Einstein only unravelled some mysteries of GOD. but would GOD ever have endorsed/devised now unravelled tale of Adam? OH!MUQ!
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13868 Jul 31, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Einstein made mistakes, blubber.
Do you believe in a steady state universe?
Einstein wanted a steady state universe so badly he wasted years of his life on the subject - much like you will with your delusional beliefs.
<quoted text>
Even geniuses can err sometimes!
Thinking

Royston, UK

#13869 Jul 31, 2013
Absolutely. Newton believed in god and alchemy but that doesn't stop me using his motion equations today.
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Even geniuses can err sometimes!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13870 Jul 31, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if time slows down for objects as they approach the Speed of Light, I presume time STOPS for things that are actually GOING the Speed of Light ... like LIGHT for instance. So for a Photon ... time would 'cease to exist'. They do seem to be rather long-lived. Makes sense to me!
There is a very real sense in which all photons are virtual photons.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13871 Jul 31, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Father of Atomic Theory was a Hindu alchemist and philospher in India named Kashyapa aka Kanada circa 6th century BC. Almost everything he wrote about atoms has been confirmed by modern scientific methods.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t agree with the theory that dark matter is an illusion; I’m just saying it’s out there and the logic is solid even though I don’t agrre with his conclusion. My point is we should err on the side of caution when positing what science knows and not overstate what has actually been proven.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting..... Which of the 24 time zones on Earth would you use on Venus? Can you adjust your clock to measure a day that is 5,832 hours long instead of 24 hours long or would you just keep it set to Earth’s time for the sake of nostalgia? If your clock stopped while you were sleeping, how would you re-set it to the correct Earth time? Phone home? And, do you think the fact that Venus rotates in the opposite direction of the Earth--sunrise in the west; sunsets in the east--would affect your clock's measurement of time?

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Motion is affected by gravity and other forces therefore the recorded measurements of the duration between cause and effect, aka “time”, can vary (as when a particle passes thru the Higgs field) but “time” is simply a measuring device invented by humans and is not affected by anything except human perception.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 1 hr blacklagoon 3 89
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 hr superwilly 6,056
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Into The Night 93,405
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Apr 20 Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11