Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#13824 Jul 30, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Right when my 'faith' was starting to falter, along comes an inspiring story like this one. Golly, I feel good!
Yes we need "stimulants" when our faith becomes weak. That is why Muslims are asked to pray five times each day, so their level is always up.

You have to keep praying to God and thanking Him for all His Gifts and bounties and that shall strengthen the bond between you and Him.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13825 Jul 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
.You have to keep praying to God and thanking Him for all His Gifts and bounties and that shall strengthen the bond between you and Him.
How do you know that this is not just an imaginary friend, when this "person" is invisible, silent and inactive.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13826 Jul 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we need "stimulants" when our faith becomes weak. That is why Muslims are asked to pray five times each day, so their level is always up.
You have to keep praying to God and thanking Him for all His Gifts and bounties and that shall strengthen the bond between you and Him.
Your faith becomes weak because it is based on a lie. When you're able to prove your god instead of lie about it, it will not be weak anymore.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13827 Jul 30, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that this is not just an imaginary friend, when this "person" is invisible, silent and inactive.
Just you create a "Single Atom" and I will forget about Him. I mean real creation, get your own items, not steal from items that are already existing.

To call Creator as "Imaginary" specially in this age, when we know less than a billionth of a billionth part of its secrets , shows that we do not know what is Imaginary.

He is neither silent and not inactive....you mean to say that this universe is running in AUTO mode?

You have very stunted imagination, that is very apparent
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13828 Jul 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just you create a "Single Atom" and I will forget about Him. I mean real creation, get your own items, not steal from items that are already existing.
To call Creator as "Imaginary" specially in this age, when we know less than a billionth of a billionth part of its secrets , shows that we do not know what is Imaginary.
He is neither silent and not inactive....you mean to say that this universe is running in AUTO mode?
Forget "him"? MUQ helper here sounds like a lovelorn daughter talking to her dad! GOD a "he"? But you did not forget about "Him" when "His" tale on Adam was exposed! OH1 MUQ H!
Thinking

UK

#13829 Jul 30, 2013
So you believe the same entity f**ked you up.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, and I agree. I believe it was God and Iím very very grateful for His love and mercy and His gift of life. Itís totally awesome, brother!
Thinking

UK

#13830 Jul 30, 2013
Indeed. islam is the religion of the permanently offended. They're compensating for a lack of substance.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine if someone tricked a Muslim into getting mildly drunk and eating pork during Ramadan. A Christian's reaction to that sort of trick (eating meat during lent, or something) would probably be to discount it as not being their fault and that might be the end of the matter. I imagine a Muslim would be more of a drama queen. Perhaps a riot would be the minimum required by Islamists?
Religion = superstition
- it's plain crazy too.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13831 Jul 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I use things that are then returned to you? How about if I collide two protons and get out four protons and two anti-protons?
We know enough to dismiss the superstitions from the past.
Since that is the *only* mode for the universe, yes.
Ironies.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13832 Jul 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I use things that are then returned to you? How about if I collide two protons and get out four protons and two anti-protons?
<quoted text>
We know enough to dismiss the superstitions from the past.
<quoted text>
Since that is the *only* mode for the universe, yes.
<quoted text>
Ironies.
Hey Polymath! What about the Gravity-B probe results? We're definitely 'frame dragging', Einstein is once again confirmed ... but, what does that tell us about the Universe? How does this confirmation fit into the big picture? Sounds like Space-Time is acting like some kind of 'fluid' and some momentum/energy must be getting transferred. Does this 'drag' slow down the rotation rates? Will it alone eventually suck up all the angular momentum in the Universe? If space-time exerts 'drag' it must be made of something, I suppose we are going to have to 'quantatize' it as well.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13833 Jul 30, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes in a Christian ...from your previous posts I assumed that you were a christian. If I may ask, what is your belief? I have seen that you obviously believe in a "god", but what are your beliefs if you aren't christian?
As a child i was forced in a Christian, thathas passed 70 or more years. Of course I am an Atheist. I am towards science even though my Christian youth has made me to avoid a science way into life. I absolutely dispise any religions as hostile to a real human life. Without religions People would very eager recognize the Stone Age character of war. But now in the nuclear Age the end of humanity is very clear. There is no Chance any more to escape the silent death of the nuclear Inferno. Religions are not have any effects on the end of mankind. Capitalism is a suicide System. The whole mankind is on this way.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13834 Jul 30, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on! Why can't we go a step further and admit that 'all concepts of DEITY are products of human mind'?
Atheists have Long come to this conclusion.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13835 Jul 30, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the crazy one claiming that time is only in people's heads.
Why don't you prove your insane claims?
Of course, you're insane, so whatever anyone says, you'll still believe there's no such thing as time.
"Time is an illusion...." -- Albert Einstein

Was Einstein crazy? Is Einstein's claim that time is an illusion insane?

If you think time is real......prove it, bubba.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13836 Jul 30, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition I have to label myself an atheist because I don't believe in a deity. Since I don't claim to know for certain that there isn't a "god" then I've been told I am agnostic. I simply, really choose not to label myself at all.
The atomic Inferno which is encroaching our System is bringing humanity to an. I personally do not see any way to avoid this. Anything against this end is no more possible.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13837 Jul 30, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... that certainly explains a lot! I admire your courage in finally revealing something of yourself. I'm sure you realize that what we have here is an 'anecdote' that cannot be admitted as evidence. The entity that you "choose to call God" sounds a lot like ... well, God ... leaving us with a not particularly creative anecdote.
I think we are all enjoying a 'near death experience' simply by being alive. We are, after all, just a few heartbeats and a handful of breaths away from 'meeting our maker'. It's not really that amazing that our starved brains manufacture illusions during these times of ultimate stress. What is amazing is that people will try to assign meaning to whatever fading dreams they may have had while in that state.
Now, being "instantly healed from a terminal disease" is somewhat more problematic. There are 'spontaneous remissions' and other perfectly prosaic precedents but, I'm sure you have already considered those. Our bodies own defenses, made quite formidable over millions of years of evolution, are daily 'healing themselves from terminal diseases'. People don't really die from HIV, for instance, the virus compromises the immune system and it's victims succumb to opportunistic infection.
This stuff, of course, all takes time. Which, it is interesting to point out, you don't believe exists. "Instantly healed" does scream MIRACLE!! which suggests you have had the attention of a "omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit" for an 'instant' of time. Many people would give an arm and a leg for even a micro-second of Supreme Being time, so I would say this makes you rather 'special'. Feeling 'special' is a component of the egotistical aspect of the Human Psyche.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you are particularly and peculiarly 'Human'. Congratulations.
All religions are foolish. Now it is too late to Change the wheel in the direction of life.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13838 Jul 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, and I agree. I believe it was God and Iím very very grateful for His love and mercy and His gift of life. Itís totally awesome, brother!
For gods sake why didn`t People realise the myths are a all man made? OK! the nuclear Inferno will make no difference between poor men and the billionairs. All peoples will vanish in the atomic Ages no daubt about this.
Bronnx Boy

Tempe, AZ

#13839 Jul 30, 2013
Atheism will replace religion when people stop having problems.
Thinking

UK

#13840 Jul 30, 2013
Einstein made mistakes.
Do you believe in a steady state universe?
Einstein wanted a steady state universe so badly he wasted years of his life on the subject - much like you will with your delusional beliefs.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
"Time is an illusion...." -- Albert Einstein
Was Einstein crazy? Is Einstein's claim that time is an illusion insane?
If you think time is real......prove it, bubba.

United States of America

#13841 Jul 30, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Science says most of the matter in the universe is dark matter and that it is invisible, silent, and inactive-- unlike any form of matter that we have ever discovered or measured in a laboratory. Does this mean that dark matter is imaginary and doesn't really exist?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13842 Jul 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Science says most of the matter in the universe is dark matter and that it is invisible, silent, and inactive-- unlike any form of matter that we have ever discovered or measured in a laboratory. Does this mean that dark matter is imaginary and doesn't really exist?
But dark matter is NOT inactive. It interacts via gravity (and probably the weak nuclear force). If dark matter didn't interact *at all*, then we would say it doesn't exist.

United States of America

#13843 Jul 30, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
For gods sake why didn`t People realise the myths are a all man made? OK! the nuclear Inferno will make no difference between poor men and the billionairs. All peoples will vanish in the atomic Ages no daubt about this.
"For gods sake...." Was that a Freudian slip?

Of course all myths are man made but that doesn't mean we can't learn some really important things about ourselves and our world from these ancient stories. For example, almost every culture has myths about a huge flood with only a few survivors, yet there is no ancient mythology from any culture describing any kind of glaciation events like the Older or Younger Dryas, just the water flooding from the glacial melts. Don't you think that's odd?

Are you a prophet? How do you know the earth is going to end in a nuclear inferno. I ask because from the unprecedented amount of CO2 detected in ice core samples, it seems far more likely that the earth is going to be plunged into another ice age before the nukes fly and get a chance to do their thing. I do agree that humans are on a collision course with a sixth extinction event, but I think "a remnant" will survive to repopulate our species as it did after the last five extinction events.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Dogen 16,693
The Consequences of Atheism 23 min Lay Worker 724
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 41 min thetruth 3,035
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 49 min thetruth 235,586
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 53 min thetruth 4,780
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Fri Thinking 6,033
Is Religion Childish? Fri thetruth 136
More from around the web