Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13770 Jul 28, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You just spouted a whole litany of brain washed Christian Dogma no doubt fed to you as a small child.
Not even close, bubba.

Your erroneous presumption that it was is just further proof of your atheist ignorance and arrogance.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13771 Jul 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close, bubba.
Your erroneous presumption that it was is just further proof of your atheist ignorance and arrogance.
So then I nailed it. Not surprising really.

United States of America

#13772 Jul 28, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So then I nailed it. Not surprising really.
LOL You're a regular legend in your own mind, aren't ya, bubba?

Still waiting on your proof that time actually exists....

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13773 Jul 28, 2013
What your sky wizard god can't answer it for you?

Lmfao!
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>LOL You're a regular legend in your own mind, aren't ya, bubba?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13774 Jul 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You're a regular legend in your own mind, aren't ya, bubba?
I answered your question before you asked it because time doesn't exist ... or does it?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13775 Jul 28, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I took you to be some kind of mountain. A very smart mountain.
lol...B-E-A-Utiful mountian :)

Location hidden

#13776 Jul 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
I have no doubt whatsoever you learned your conception of God from dogma taught by whatever Christian sect you followed. That's what most people do. And what, most people don't know and never learn is Jesus was not a Christian and neither he nor any of his followers were involved in establishing the Christian religion or any of its false teachings. In my opinion, few of the hundreds/thousands of different Christian sects that exist today even understand let alone follow or teach what Jesus or any of the Prophets taught about God, the world, life or anything else.
BTW my conception of God didn't come from "Christianity" or any other man made religion. Your knee jerk assumption that it did was what I call extremely ignorant. Discovering the religion you trusted gave you false teachings is the first step in the path to enlightenment. Adopting atheism and using it as a process to purge yourself of all those false teachings can be healthy and productive, but adopting atheism permanently as your new religion is just as lazy and ignorant as remaining a "Christian".
By definition I have to label myself an atheist because I don't believe in a deity. Since I don't claim to know for certain that there isn't a "god" then I've been told I am agnostic. I simply, really choose not to label myself at all.

Location hidden

#13777 Jul 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
I have no doubt whatsoever you learned your conception of God from dogma taught by whatever Christian sect you followed. That's what most people do. And what, most people don't know and never learn is Jesus was not a Christian and neither he nor any of his followers were involved in establishing the Christian religion or any of its false teachings. In my opinion, few of the hundreds/thousands of different Christian sects that exist today even understand let alone follow or teach what Jesus or any of the Prophets taught about God, the world, life or anything else.
BTW my conception of God didn't come from "Christianity" or any other man made religion. Your knee jerk assumption that it did was what I call extremely ignorant. Discovering the religion you trusted gave you false teachings is the first step in the path to enlightenment. Adopting atheism and using it as a process to purge yourself of all those false teachings can be healthy and productive, but adopting atheism permanently as your new religion is just as lazy and ignorant as remaining a "Christian".
And yes...from your previous posts I assumed that you were a christian. If I may ask, what is your belief? I have seen that you obviously believe in a "god", but what are your beliefs if you aren't christian?

Henderson, KY

#13778 Jul 28, 2013
She's a Muslim.
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>And yes...from your previous posts I assumed that you were a christian. If I may ask, what is your belief? I have seen that you obviously believe in a "god", but what are your beliefs if you aren't christian?

Location hidden

#13779 Jul 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
She's a Muslim.
<quoted text>
Oh....well I won't even go into that lol.

Henderson, KY

#13780 Jul 28, 2013
Lol! That explains why she is so insane though.
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Oh....well I won't even go into that lol.

Location hidden

#13781 Jul 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read several other posts from her. I don't like to assume that people are crazy, but I do like to make sure that they take responsibility for their actions and words. She is not very polite at times, and I personally think that the muslim religion is worse than the christian one. I base that opinion on the way they treat their women though...I haven't read their book so I can't comment on it. What I have read about it though I do not agree with.

Location hidden

#13782 Jul 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll get back with ya on whether or not I agree that she's crazy though ;):D

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13783 Jul 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>LOL You're a regular legend in your own mind, aren't ya, bubba?

The fact that you don't think time exists just shows how incredibly dumb and insane you are.

United States of America

#13784 Jul 28, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes...from your previous posts I assumed that you were a christian. If I may ask, what is your belief? I have seen that you obviously believe in a "god", but what are your beliefs if you aren't christian?
I was raised in the Catholic religion, became an atheist, had a near death experience during which I was instantly healed from a terminal disease by an entity I choose to call God. I've been a big fan of His ever since. And, no, I'm not a member of any religion. God, as I understand Him, is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit and He is in every particle of everything in the universe,.like the Higgs field....

Location hidden

#13785 Jul 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised in the Catholic religion, became an atheist, had a near death experience during which I was instantly healed from a terminal disease by an entity I choose to call God. I've been a big fan of His ever since. And, no, I'm not a member of any religion. God, as I understand Him, is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit and He is in every particle of everything in the universe,.like the Higgs field....
Thank you for your honest response. What illness did you have?...if I may ask.2313

United States of America

#13786 Jul 28, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you don't think time exists just shows how incredibly dumb and insane you are.
If it exists, if it has its own separate reality and isn't just in your head....prove it, bubba.

Location hidden

#13787 Jul 28, 2013
This time thing is being discussed on another thread, and I'm not educated in it at all except for what I've heard, and what I googled earlier, but it seems as though this time problem doesn't have a clear answer. I don't understand the importance of this topic. Can someone please explain this to me.

Henderson, KY

#13788 Jul 28, 2013
The Quran is a garbled mess. It steals from the Torah, the gospels and Hindu writings and tosses in some adventures in wife beating from Muhammad. Often it just rambles on and on with no coherent point whatsoever.. Much like a Muq post!
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>I've read several other posts from her. I don't like to assume that people are crazy, but I do like to make sure that they take responsibility for their actions and words. She is not very polite at times, and I personally think that the muslim religion is worse than the christian one. I base that opinion on the way they treat their women though...I haven't read their book so I can't comment on it. What I have read about it though I do not agree with.

Henderson, KY

#13789 Jul 28, 2013
You are now a Muslim and you know it.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>I was raised in the Catholic religion, became an atheist, had a near death experience during which I was instantly healed from a terminal disease by an entity I choose to call God. I've been a big fan of His ever since. And, no, I'm not a member of any religion. God, as I understand Him, is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit and He is in every particle of everything in the universe,.like the Higgs field....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min IB DaMann 61,150
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 23 min Messianic114 2,661
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr IB DaMann 5,970
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 16 hr Science 28,312
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web