Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 659)

Showing posts 13,161 - 13,180 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes like this....you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Your belief that science will somehow "rapture" you to the safety of another planet to avoid the consequences of what our species has done to this one sounds a lot like the same kind of faith fundamentalists have in their mythology.
Why do you hate little girls?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
He explained it very clearly, why it was not atheism that was the actual cause. Also, I would say that one document from wikipedia is not exactly "well documented".
He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.
I'm not a bubba...I'm a bubbette, and it's not delusional to understand that the killings that you are speaking of, in all non-delusional mind frames, were not due to atheism. This was not a good source of information for you to post.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

This very second a Muslim is committing an atrocity against humanity. This very second a Muslim is whipping a wan bloody or beheading a child or strapping on a bomb to blow themselves up.

If you are against human atrocities you simply cannot be a Muslim, bubba.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I find it amusing, because, even if this actually was due to Atheism, it is nothing compared to the mass murdering your kind, loving,(imaginary) "god" supposedly committed in your bible. If your "god" is that crazy, then it's amazing to me that your appalled by some of the insane actions of humans.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate little girls?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a bubba...I'm a bubbette, and it's not delusional to understand that the killings that you are speaking of, in all non-delusional mind frames, were not due to atheism. This was not a good source of information for you to post.
Water's wet, sky's blue, and atheist regimes murdered hundreds of million men, women, and children just in the 20th century.

The truth will set you free.....

State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice. In contrast, a secular state purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion. State atheism may refer to a government's anti-clericalism, which opposes religious institutional power and influence in all aspects of public and political life, including the involvement of religion in the everyday life of the citizen.

State promotion of atheism as a public norm was first practiced during a brief period in Revolutionary France. Since then, such a policy was repeated only in Revolutionary Mexico and some Marxist-Leninist states. The Soviet Union had a long history of state atheism, in which social success largely required individuals to profess atheism and stay away from houses of worship; this attitude was especially militant during the middle Stalinist era from 19291939. The Soviet Union attempted to suppress public religious expression over wide areas of its influence, including places such as central Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Because she herself was a child bride.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate little girls?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I find it amusing, because, even if this actually was due to Atheism, it is nothing compared to the mass murdering your kind, loving,(imaginary) "god" supposedly committed in your bible. If your "god" is that crazy, then it's amazing to me that your appalled by some of the insane actions of humans.

I find it amusing that you ignorant atheists always assume everybody believes in YOUR ridiculous conception of God, or should I say the conception of God you borrowed from your guru Dawkins?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Water's wet, sky's blue, and atheist regimes murdered hundreds of million men, women, and children just in the 20th century.
The truth will set you free.....
State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice. In contrast, a secular state purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion. State atheism may refer to a government's anti-clericalism, which opposes religious institutional power and influence in all aspects of public and political life, including the involvement of religion in the everyday life of the citizen.

State promotion of atheism as a public norm was first practiced during a brief period in Revolutionary France. Since then, such a policy was repeated only in Revolutionary Mexico and some Marxist-Leninist states. The Soviet Union had a long history of state atheism, in which social success largely required individuals to profess atheism and stay away from houses of worship; this attitude was especially militant during the middle Stalinist era from 19291939. The Soviet Union attempted to suppress public religious expression over wide areas of its influence, including places such as central Asia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism
Aside from all of that...all I have to say is... Religion has no place in politics... I see no reason why a person should not be allowed there own beliefs, but when you are working with, and in, the public then you are working with many different people, with many different beliefs, and one out of many should not be dominant. I see no reason why that is not fair or logical. That was the hope for the founders of this country, and it should continue to be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing that you ignorant atheists always assume everybody believes in YOUR ridiculous conception of God, or should I say the conception of God you borrowed from your guru Dawkins?
lol...well this "ignorant atheist" knows exactly what she read about when she was a christian so it's not my "conception" of "god"...it's what I learned while following. God is printed in black and white so there is no doubt what kind of "being" he is. Whether you like it or not. I know exactly how you see your "god" and you can obviously see him however you so choose, but don't call me ignorant when you come on here to rant because someone doesn't agree with you. You've got all kinds of buddies on the christian forum...go visit them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has no place in politics... I see no reason why a person should not be allowed there own beliefs, but when you are working with, and in, the public then you are working with many different people, with many different beliefs, and one out of many should not be dominant. I see no reason why that is not fair or logical. That was the hope for the founders of this country, and it should continue to be.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the replacement parts needn't be hardware, they could be new and improved biometrics with new and improved DNA. Even your testicles could be replaced .... nuff said?
I would think growing replacement organs from a patient's own stem cells is where we are headed next. No worries about tissue rejection. Our immune systems don't embrace "new and improved DNA".

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes like this....you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Your belief that science will somehow "rapture" you to the safety of another planet to avoid the consequences of what our species has done to this one sounds a lot like the same kind of faith fundamentalists have in their mythology.
Not sure how you got the impression anything I was talking about was about me. I'm talking about the future. Our progeny. The one's that are going to have to clean up your mess.

There's a lot of similarities between my trust in science and your faith in Sky Fairies. For instance, scientists are like my High Priests. There is no god-head.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
"old boy" = white bearded GOD in culture specific manner. GOD may be something which we have not figured out and I believe that even after revealing far more secrets of nature, we will never reveal all before we, humans, perish as specis.
You're one of those "The glass is half empty" kind of guys. Aren't you?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>Then we are equal, I don't speak idiot.......
We are indeed equal! "Blonde" and "idiot" being virtually interchangeable.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

You are right it will take over this so=called Social Gospel. But will never take over true Christianity there a big different between the two. What these man made organization call church will be a thing of the past. These are Lodge entertainment center, Hollywood Gospel and teachings. It has not one thing to do with the real one. When I was born into my family no one ask me to join, The same with Christ it God calling you. You either except or rejected it. God don't send a sinner to hell we are all sinner. But what he will send you to hell for is he died so you could have a pardon. All you have to do is except it. He send you because you want help your self. When your truly born-again and Christ in you your hid in Christ until death. If not it hell.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, I do not speak idiot, but I see you are trying to speak blonde. Don't worry the black African successor species has not arrived yet. You really do not understand evolution, now do you? Do you even understand the difference between successor and replacement? Probably not, you would need to first learn how to speak blonde. I see you are stuck on idiot. Evolution awaits you and many other fairy tales.
The principles of Evolution would suggest that the dominant species will be the one best suited for it's environment. I'm guessing it will be some kind of fungus.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse you, I am still trying to learn to understand "idiot". What you are saying is this,we have 7 billion people on earth,right. But, people die daily, so when we had 6 billion people on earth, we could add at least 1 billion of those people to the now total. We would however have to add all the people who die to the before total and that is continuous. So, what you are saying is that 5 billion people live 70 years ago, so where are they? Dead. Okay, add 5 billion to the before total and compare that to the 7 billion now total. Okay, now let's say that 70 years before that 4 billion people lived. Now, we have in just 140 years a total of 9 billion people compared to our current 7 billion. Even if you believed in a young earth of 6,000 years, your idiot speak is incomprehensible.
If you were trying to say that I was wrong, you are right. Sad to say, you kind of lost me after the word "idiot". The total number is like 107 billion.

" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/worl... ;

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I'm blonde!!!:P
Sorry. I took you to be some kind of mountain. A very smart mountain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,161 - 13,180 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••