Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13719 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a well-documented fact that atheist regimes killed millions of people simply because they refused to renounce their religions and accept the idea that there was no God.
If there has been a total of 14 billion people alive at one time or another, a few million is a statistical 'drop in the bucket'. Find a new argument ... this one is stale.

Texas, USA

#13720 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right....and it's parked right next to your time travel machine.
Who do we blame for our failure to clean up the earth's atmosphere, our dying oceans, and the rest of the planet, bubba? God? Christianity? LOL
Where are you coming up with this "time machine" stuff. I've never claimed anything about Time Machines. Such a device would violate the Laws of Causality ... clearly impossible. Now the time dilation effects experienced by my relativistic, multi-generational starship might be considered a 'time machine' of sorts but that is clearly not it's purpose. Besides, Causality is not violated.

We blame the current human load and those who came before us! That's simple enough. Most of whom, I needn't point out, are/were self-confessed 'Godbots' of one sort or another. Still waiting for that apology! Y'all have made quite a mess of things. Time to step down.

Texas, USA

#13721 Jul 27, 2013
Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe that nonscientific crap, then the idea of a successor species must continue. Did the rat have the right to stop evolution and stop successor species? White people have no right to stop the successor species of black Africans from evolving to being the only human species. I mean, you do believe in that crap.
Sorry ... I don't speak 'Blonde'.

Texas, USA

#13722 Jul 27, 2013
Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe that nonscientific crap, then the idea of a successor species must continue. Did the rat have the right to stop evolution and stop successor species? White people have no right to stop the successor species of black Africans from evolving to being the only human species. I mean, you do believe in that crap.
The Rat, BTW is at the pinnacle of it's evolutionary development. As long as most of Mankind continues to suffer along in religion induced squalor, they will thrive unchanged. I've heard it on good word that as racial barriers break down, future Human's will most likely be dark-skinned and almond eyed. If that is your photo, I'm afraid you are something of a 'throw-back'.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13723 Jul 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
"Successor species"?!?!? Man, whose side are YOU on? We need to stick with the species we got. We've been modifying Nature to suit us since like ... forever. I think we can continue to do so.
It really doesn't matter how conservative or progressive you want to be on the topic, it really is inevitable.

Say, as I imagine you would prefer, we try to keep you the same, just living healthier and longer. We replace your kidneys with artificial ones, better ones. Then we replace your heart with a better one. Eventually you develop dementia, we replace your brain ..... and Ooops! The original "design" seems to have gone missing. tsk tsk.

Texas, USA

#13725 Jul 27, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't matter how conservative or progressive you want to be on the topic, it really is inevitable.
Say, as I imagine you would prefer, we try to keep you the same, just living healthier and longer. We replace your kidneys with artificial ones, better ones. Then we replace your heart with a better one. Eventually you develop dementia, we replace your brain ..... and Ooops! The original "design" seems to have gone missing. tsk tsk.
Well ... have at it! Sounds like the 'successor species' will have our flawed 'designs' replaced with new hardware. DNA package remains intact. Not really a new species at all, just the old one, improved. You'll be bypassing evolution and some new terminology will be be needed.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13726 Jul 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... have at it! Sounds like the 'successor species' will have our flawed 'designs' replaced with new hardware. DNA package remains intact. Not really a new species at all, just the old one, improved. You'll be bypassing evolution and some new terminology will be be needed.
No, the replacement parts needn't be hardware, they could be new and improved biometrics with new and improved DNA. Even your testicles could be replaced .... nuff said?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13727 Jul 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you coming up with this "time machine" stuff. I've never claimed anything about Time Machines. Such a device would violate the Laws of Causality ... clearly impossible. Now the time dilation effects experienced by my relativistic, multi-generational starship might be considered a 'time machine' of sorts but that is clearly not it's purpose. Besides, Causality is not violated.
We blame the current human load and those who came before us! That's simple enough. Most of whom, I needn't point out, are/were self-confessed 'Godbots' of one sort or another. Still waiting for that apology! Y'all have made quite a mess of things. Time to step down.
It goes like this....you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Your belief that science will somehow "rapture" you to the safety of another planet to avoid the consequences of what our species has done to this one sounds a lot like the same kind of faith fundamentalists have in their mythology.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13728 Jul 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
It becomes less and less likely with each measurement, each longer exposure (such as the Hubble Ultra-deep-field), each atom smashed or genome sequenced. The "Most Powerful Being in the Universe" has become vanishingly tiny or really good at hiding. I think it's time to start ruling the Old Boy out.
It could be "proven" that some "benefit" might be derived from sucking one's thumb, dragging a Security Blanket around, waving a Talisman, hanging garlic or throwing salt over your shoulder. Depends on what you call 'proof' and what you call 'benefit'.
"old boy" = white bearded GOD in culture specific manner. GOD may be something which we have not figured out and I believe that even after revealing far more secrets of nature, we will never reveal all before we, humans, perish as specis.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13732 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for sources--I gave you the link to the sources.
It is well documented and indisputable that atheism was the official doctrine of the Soviet Union, bubba.
He explained it very clearly, why it was not atheism that was the actual cause. Also, I would say that one document from wikipedia is not exactly "well documented".

Location hidden

#13733 Jul 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ... I don't speak 'Blonde'.
Hey I'm blonde!!!:P

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13734 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes like this....you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Your belief that science will somehow "rapture" you to the safety of another planet to avoid the consequences of what our species has done to this one sounds a lot like the same kind of faith fundamentalists have in their mythology.
Why do you hate little girls?

United States of America

#13735 Jul 27, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
He explained it very clearly, why it was not atheism that was the actual cause. Also, I would say that one document from wikipedia is not exactly "well documented".
He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.

Location hidden

#13736 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.
I'm not a bubba...I'm a bubbette, and it's not delusional to understand that the killings that you are speaking of, in all non-delusional mind frames, were not due to atheism. This was not a good source of information for you to post.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13737 Jul 27, 2013
This very second a Muslim is committing an atrocity against humanity. This very second a Muslim is whipping a wan bloody or beheading a child or strapping on a bomb to blow themselves up.

If you are against human atrocities you simply cannot be a Muslim, bubba.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.

Location hidden

#13738 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I find it amusing, because, even if this actually was due to Atheism, it is nothing compared to the mass murdering your kind, loving,(imaginary) "god" supposedly committed in your bible. If your "god" is that crazy, then it's amazing to me that your appalled by some of the insane actions of humans.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13739 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate little girls?

United States of America

#13740 Jul 27, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a bubba...I'm a bubbette, and it's not delusional to understand that the killings that you are speaking of, in all non-delusional mind frames, were not due to atheism. This was not a good source of information for you to post.
Water's wet, sky's blue, and atheist regimes murdered hundreds of million men, women, and children just in the 20th century.

The truth will set you free.....

State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice. In contrast, a secular state purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion. State atheism may refer to a government's anti-clericalism, which opposes religious institutional power and influence in all aspects of public and political life, including the involvement of religion in the everyday life of the citizen.

State promotion of atheism as a public norm was first practiced during a brief period in Revolutionary France. Since then, such a policy was repeated only in Revolutionary Mexico and some Marxist-Leninist states. The Soviet Union had a long history of state atheism, in which social success largely required individuals to profess atheism and stay away from houses of worship; this attitude was especially militant during the middle Stalinist era from 19291939. The Soviet Union attempted to suppress public religious expression over wide areas of its influence, including places such as central Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13741 Jul 27, 2013
Because she herself was a child bride.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate little girls?

United States of America

#13742 Jul 27, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I find it amusing, because, even if this actually was due to Atheism, it is nothing compared to the mass murdering your kind, loving,(imaginary) "god" supposedly committed in your bible. If your "god" is that crazy, then it's amazing to me that your appalled by some of the insane actions of humans.

I find it amusing that you ignorant atheists always assume everybody believes in YOUR ridiculous conception of God, or should I say the conception of God you borrowed from your guru Dawkins?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity Created Hitler 55 min Uncle Sam 130
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 234,526
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 6 hr thetruth 1,233
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr thetruth 2,841
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr thetruth 14,507
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life Mon Thinking 22
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... Sun polymath257 41
More from around the web