Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
13,061 - 13,080 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanity had its Chance but it missed it.
We haven't "missed it" yet ... not by a long shot. Given the enormity of the task though, a certain amount of despair seems appropriate.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I find in the nuclear Age and the final end of man religions are superfluous. Our survival chances as man are Zero. We are on its way of extinction.
If we only stay on the Earth, we are indeed doomed. The "nuclear Age" is as likely to give us propulsion systems that might ultimately save us as it is to destroy us. Let's not be too harsh on the old Nuclear Age. I think we've managed to eek our way through most of the Mutual Assured Destruction scenarios.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

This is not the first time Germany has proposed a final solution.
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanity had its Chance but it missed it.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The brief descriptions of "Spinoza's God" I have read simply equate "God" to Nature. Nature devoid of any of our popular anthropomorphism's that invest God with what are clearly reflections of our own notions. I really don't believe the Universe wants "to learn about itself". That's what drives us ... the Universe as a system of physical laws lacks even that capacity. "Spinoza's God" just seems an attempt to revere Nature as we would a more conventional reverential 'construct'. Now, if Spinoza was really saying the Universe has it's own motives and goals then that's a Horse of a Different Color. It would be, in fact, the same old song & dance.
On the other hand, we are clearly 'matter organized to such an extent that it wants to understand itself' and perhaps unique or, at least, very rare in the Universe. That does, I believe, place a burden of responsibility upon us, while also investing us with that 'specialness' godbots seem to yearn for. We have some obligation to preserve and utilize our intelligence and make efforts to spread it around. But, ultimately, in a Universe destined for some kind of 'heat death' or 'big crunch', even these goals are entirely of our own ambition, not part of some 'grand scheme' by the disorganized matter that surrounds us.
We are tiny parts of something very big. Scary. Something inside us seems to murmur that if we do the right thing or say the right thing or worship something the right way we can enhance our position. Nope. Nothing knows or care what we do or say. We just have to learn to deal with it. Those who have learned, more or less, to 'deal with it' call themselves Atheists, for lack of a better name.
RE: ".... the universe wanting to learn or having it's own motives ..." .... prove it does or prove it doesn't ..... I'll wait ....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever one may say: the nuclear Age is the end . AKWs in a capitalist System is the last for human Society. We will not overcome it, it is too late. Together with the other natural calamities we will not survive as mankind.
I've often stated that mankind will create it's own successor, either by accident or on purpose. Even if not by our own action .... Evolution does seem to march on .... in the long run, you are correct, mankind is doomed .... but then, so what?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often stated that mankind will create it's own successor, either by accident or on purpose. Even if not by our own action .... Evolution does seem to march on .... in the long run, you are correct, mankind is doomed .... but then, so what?
Do you mean EVERYONE who is born dies? What is THAT for humanity being doomed?

"Every man is at a loss" Quran says, "Except those who believe, do good deeds, enjoin truth to others and show patience and perseverance (received by doing do)"

They die in this world and get eternal life in the next world.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Every man is at a loss" Quran says, "Except those who believe, do good deeds, enjoin truth to others and show patience and perseverance (received by doing do)"
Still no word from you as to why your religion abuses, rapes and murder little girls and why you support such barbarity.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean EVERYONE who is born dies? What is THAT for humanity being doomed?

Your quote is very hypocritical, especially when thinking of your attitudes towards atheists, gays, child marriage, and so on.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in supernatural is not good for next life but this life. Beliefs are just that and not the truth as religions portray. Why is this MUQ is minded to deliberately misconstrue a post which correctly warns us to wake up as we are heading for a doom! As per MUQ all is well since what matters is "belief" in his book (which told us of creation lies like other religions) and a better afterlife! If there is a better afterlife then those who lie and let us proceed as specis to the doom by far sooner than the billion years time that our Sun stops supplying the required conditions on the planet.

OH!MUQ! Real GOD will not be content!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there is a next world. I'll wait ....

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Please don't hold your breath. Muq runs from questions like wildfire.
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Prove there is a next world. I'll wait ....
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Please don't hold your breath. Muq runs from questions like wildfire.
<quoted text>
A typical topix theist then!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical topix theist then!
That's right I have been asking him the same question for weeks with no response.

He is a loathsome little creep who thinks who thinks the:-
1. Abuse, female genital mutilation
2. Rape, child brides.
3. Murder, stoning to death.

of little girls as perfectly OK because it is done in the name of a merciful god.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: ".... the universe wanting to learn or having it's own motives ..." .... prove it does or prove it doesn't ..... I'll wait ....
Hope you're patient ... we've already been waiting 13.8 billion years. How much more "proof" do you need?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>They die in this world and get eternal life in the next world.
The old 'eternal life' carrot. Keep chasing that carrot MUQ, you'll get it one day.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Other lies Muq believes:
1. mohammed's cheque is in the post
2. mohammed won't shoot in his mouth.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The old 'eternal life' carrot. Keep chasing that carrot MUQ, you'll get it one day.
Messenger

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

You'll find me when you seek me with your whole heart.

God

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Messenger wrote:
You'll find me when you seek me with your whole heart.
God
By the time you get your "whole heart" in the search, time to see a shrink.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you're patient ... we've already been waiting 13.8 billion years. How much more "proof" do you need?
How very agnostic of you!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
How very agnostic of you!
Please ... there's no need to insult me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••