Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14659 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

spocko

Oakland, CA

#13218 Jul 12, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No,*you* are wrong here.
<quoted text>
if you read what I said, I agree that neutrinos, for example, will go through lead. The point is that even 'solid' materials are mostly empty space.
<quoted text>
No, I said that entanglement does not produce communication. particles do interact with each other, which is a form of communication, but entanglement is a *correlation* of probabilities, not a communication.
<quoted text>
Yes, time is a physical thing. It is studied by physicists, after all. In particular, Einstein had time and space merged into spacetime. So,*you* are wrong here. So, by the way, does Hawking.
<quoted text>
Yes, I am very familiar with Whitehead. His work with Russell, the Principia Mathematica, was the first significant attempt to reduce mathematics to logic. But Whitehead was *primarily* a philosopher, as was Russell. The Principia Mathematica is regarded now as severely outdated and more philosophy than mathematics.
<quoted text>
No,*you* are wrong here. Deal with it, idiot.
I'll ask again, when was the last time you solved a version of the Schrodinger equation? When was the last time you read an actual scientific paper in a refereed journal?
Idiot? Is that a scientific term?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#13219 Jul 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think salami is the "cute for atheism."
Is this another of your Jokes?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13220 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I concede that some are not sleeping but merely pretending to be asleep. Jesus called this kind as the children of their father, satan. They know the truth but love chaos and confusion so they pretend to be ignorant.
In the US, the majority of people, however, really are "sleep walking" through their lives. What they "see" is only a collage of images from movies, television, etc., stored behind their eyeballs in their brains which they project in front of their eyeballs and call reality.
You were blessed to grow up in a different culture within a religious tradition that includes fasting, prayer, meditation, personal responsibility, self-examination, etc. like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Yoga, Shintoism, etc, so you learned how to walk your brain on the path that leads to the mind's awakening and a higher consciousness. The "sleep walkers" here in the US didn't get that kind of an education. Most don't even know it exists and are too lazy to walk it anyway.
May be you are telling the truth, I do not really know.

But if you have unbalanced education, that is the result. You only concentrate on "material side of life" and leave the spiritual path.

So the spiritual things go out of your life and you feel void, that void they try to fill with music, dance, concerts, games, wild parties, drugs, alcohol, homosexuality...

Whatever they do, their Souls do not get healthy diet, it only gets Junk food.

And the results are for people to see.

Salaam

MUQ
Baba Yoga

Houston, TX

#13221 Jul 12, 2013
Won't happen. Atheists in the past embraced religion when threatened by Islam.

More and more atheists world wide are being forced to convert under threat of death. Atheism is disappearing rapidly.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13222 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
May be you are telling the truth, I do not really know.
But if you have unbalanced education, that is the result. You only concentrate on "material side of life" and leave the spiritual path.
So the spiritual things go out of your life and you feel void, that void they try to fill with music, dance, concerts, games, wild parties, drugs, alcohol, homosexuality...
Whatever they do, their Souls do not get healthy diet, it only gets Junk food.
And the results are for people to see.
Salaam
MUQ
How many little girls have you abused, raped and murdered today?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13223 Jul 12, 2013
Baba Yoga wrote:
More and more atheists world wide are being forced to convert under threat of death. Atheism is disappearing rapidly.
You wish.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13224 Jul 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>What do you call an Imam with 6 goats?

A pimp! Lol!
Same as 6 children.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13226 Jul 13, 2013
Baba Yoga wrote:
You must have prayed yourself retarded.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13227 Jul 13, 2013
Baba Yoga wrote:
"If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is "poontang". Animal Mother - Full Metal Jacket (1987)

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13228 Jul 13, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I concede that some are not sleeping but merely pretending to be asleep. Jesus called this kind as the children of their father, satan. They know the truth but love chaos and confusion so they pretend to be ignorant.
In the US, the majority of people, however, really are "sleep walking" through their lives. What they "see" is only a collage of images from movies, television, etc., stored behind their eyeballs in their brains which they project in front of their eyeballs and call reality.
You were blessed to grow up in a different culture within a religious tradition that includes fasting, prayer, meditation, personal responsibility, self-examination, etc. like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Yoga, Shintoism, etc, so you learned how to walk your brain on the path that leads to the mind's awakening and a higher consciousness. The "sleep walkers" here in the US didn't get that kind of an education. Most don't even know it exists and are too lazy to walk it anyway.
Wow. It must be a dizzying experience to look down upon so many "sleep walkers" from the vantage point of such a vastly superior "higher consciousness". What's amazing to me is the complexity of the delusional world you have to create every day just to maintain. Of course, most godbots think their personal little walk with the 'Creator entity' is guaranteeing them a seat on the immortality train. How difficult it must be to maintain this illusion of being 'special' on a world burdened with 7 billion ordinary humans. Maybe not ... each one of them want to be 'special' too. We can't all be 'special', it sort of loses it's meaning when everybody is 'special'. I can see this as a major source of conflict.

Science has the unhappy task of reminding us how absolutely 'not special' we are. I'm trying to imagine how crushing it must be to a megalomaniac to be immersed everyday in the fact that you are just one of billions of people, polluting a nondescript planet, circling an ordinary star, in a rather bland galaxy in a Universe where galaxies are as common as sand on the beach. Awesome ... kind of takes your breath away. If you were mentally healthy, it would make you feel small ... small and insignificant ... and just maybe ... lucky to be alive. Alive and able to take it all in.

You might, in fact, take it all in and realize that we are 'special'. Not just you and not just me, but all of us. We are, after all, matter and energy organized, observant and self aware in a Universe quite adept at scorching or freezing or irradiating anything more complex than a rock, right out of existence. A healthy mind would not need delusion to feel 'special'. And you, Zit, are delusional.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13229 Jul 13, 2013
6 daughters certainly. Those would be used to fetch the Muslim as much money as he could get for selling them.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Same as 6 children.

Louisville, KY

#13230 Jul 13, 2013
Lol! I like that! Prayed themselves retarded!:))
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You must have prayed yourself retarded.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13231 Jul 13, 2013
Baba Yoga wrote:
And we all know "forced conversion" is just as real as the voluntary kind ... right? Dumb azz!!

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13232 Jul 13, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>And we all know "forced conversion" is just as real as the voluntary kind ... right? Dumb azz!!
You and Givemeliberty should both watch this, as well as all those interested in yet another proof of evolution and proof of no intelligent design:
http://youtube.com/watch...

I found this browsing the web yesterday.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13233 Jul 13, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...the amount of Christians in the united states well outnumbers the non-believers...I personally think that causes a huge problem.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#13234 Jul 13, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...the amount of Christians in the united states well outnumbers the non-believers...I personally think that causes a huge problem.
Well it explains all the evil acts in the world.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13235 Jul 13, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it explains all the evil acts in the world.
Maybe not all of them, but there are for sure too many for anyone to say that religion doesn't cause any harm...that's for sure.:)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13236 Jul 14, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Just try to see that these Christians are not just name sake Christians, they should at least be following Christianity to some level.

Because many people in USA and Europe are only name sake Christians, they use that only as a label.

Many of these so called Christians are members of Homo groups, and even Atheists.

I do not know, was there any survey of "Practicing Christians" in USA?

To my knowledge it is Islam where practising Muslims have highest percentage of any other major religion in the world.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13237 Jul 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just try to see that these Christians are not just name sake Christians, they should at least be following Christianity to some level.
Because many people in USA and Europe are only name sake Christians, they use that only as a label.
Many of these so called Christians are members of Homo groups, and even Atheists.
To my knowledge it is Islam where practising Muslims have highest percentage of any other major religion in the world.
How many little girls have you abused, raped and murdered today?

Louisville, KY

#13238 Jul 14, 2013
You mean in Muslim countries where if you miss mosque services too often you can be imprisoned or beaten in the streets?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Just try to see that these Christians are not just name sake Christians, they should at least be following Christianity to some level.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 min ChristineM 2,205
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Uncle Sam 239,372
News Richard Dawkins insists he's not an angry athei... 25 min Thinking 2
John 3:16 31 min Thinking 2
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 36 min ChristineM 7,471
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 38 min Exodus771 7,502
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr thetruth 19,066
More from around the web