Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13226 Jul 13, 2013
Baba Yoga wrote:
Won't happen. Atheists in the past embraced religion when threatened by Islam.
More and more atheists world wide are being forced to convert under threat of death. Atheism is disappearing rapidly.
You must have prayed yourself retarded.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13227 Jul 13, 2013
Baba Yoga wrote:
More and more atheists world wide are being forced to convert under threat of death. Atheism is disappearing rapidly.
"If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is "poontang". Animal Mother - Full Metal Jacket (1987)

Texas, USA

#13228 Jul 13, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I concede that some are not sleeping but merely pretending to be asleep. Jesus called this kind as the children of their father, satan. They know the truth but love chaos and confusion so they pretend to be ignorant.
In the US, the majority of people, however, really are "sleep walking" through their lives. What they "see" is only a collage of images from movies, television, etc., stored behind their eyeballs in their brains which they project in front of their eyeballs and call reality.
You were blessed to grow up in a different culture within a religious tradition that includes fasting, prayer, meditation, personal responsibility, self-examination, etc. like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Yoga, Shintoism, etc, so you learned how to walk your brain on the path that leads to the mind's awakening and a higher consciousness. The "sleep walkers" here in the US didn't get that kind of an education. Most don't even know it exists and are too lazy to walk it anyway.
Wow. It must be a dizzying experience to look down upon so many "sleep walkers" from the vantage point of such a vastly superior "higher consciousness". What's amazing to me is the complexity of the delusional world you have to create every day just to maintain. Of course, most godbots think their personal little walk with the 'Creator entity' is guaranteeing them a seat on the immortality train. How difficult it must be to maintain this illusion of being 'special' on a world burdened with 7 billion ordinary humans. Maybe not ... each one of them want to be 'special' too. We can't all be 'special', it sort of loses it's meaning when everybody is 'special'. I can see this as a major source of conflict.

Science has the unhappy task of reminding us how absolutely 'not special' we are. I'm trying to imagine how crushing it must be to a megalomaniac to be immersed everyday in the fact that you are just one of billions of people, polluting a nondescript planet, circling an ordinary star, in a rather bland galaxy in a Universe where galaxies are as common as sand on the beach. Awesome ... kind of takes your breath away. If you were mentally healthy, it would make you feel small ... small and insignificant ... and just maybe ... lucky to be alive. Alive and able to take it all in.

You might, in fact, take it all in and realize that we are 'special'. Not just you and not just me, but all of us. We are, after all, matter and energy organized, observant and self aware in a Universe quite adept at scorching or freezing or irradiating anything more complex than a rock, right out of existence. A healthy mind would not need delusion to feel 'special'. And you, Zit, are delusional.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13229 Jul 13, 2013
6 daughters certainly. Those would be used to fetch the Muslim as much money as he could get for selling them.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Same as 6 children.

Henderson, KY

#13230 Jul 13, 2013
Lol! I like that! Prayed themselves retarded!:))
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You must have prayed yourself retarded.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13231 Jul 13, 2013
Baba Yoga wrote:
And we all know "forced conversion" is just as real as the voluntary kind ... right? Dumb azz!!

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13232 Jul 13, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>And we all know "forced conversion" is just as real as the voluntary kind ... right? Dumb azz!!
You and Givemeliberty should both watch this, as well as all those interested in yet another proof of evolution and proof of no intelligent design:
http://youtube.com/watch...

I found this browsing the web yesterday.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13233 Jul 13, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I concede that some are not sleeping but merely pretending to be asleep. Jesus called this kind as the children of their father, satan. They know the truth but love chaos and confusion so they pretend to be ignorant.
In the US, the majority of people, however, really are "sleep walking" through their lives. What they "see" is only a collage of images from movies, television, etc., stored behind their eyeballs in their brains which they project in front of their eyeballs and call reality.
You were blessed to grow up in a different culture within a religious tradition that includes fasting, prayer, meditation, personal responsibility, self-examination, etc. like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Yoga, Shintoism, etc, so you learned how to walk your brain on the path that leads to the mind's awakening and a higher consciousness. The "sleep walkers" here in the US didn't get that kind of an education. Most don't even know it exists and are too lazy to walk it anyway.
LOL...the amount of Christians in the united states well outnumbers the non-believers...I personally think that causes a huge problem.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#13234 Jul 13, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...the amount of Christians in the united states well outnumbers the non-believers...I personally think that causes a huge problem.
Well it explains all the evil acts in the world.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13235 Jul 13, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it explains all the evil acts in the world.
Maybe not all of them, but there are for sure too many for anyone to say that religion doesn't cause any harm...that's for sure.:)
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#13236 Jul 14, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Just try to see that these Christians are not just name sake Christians, they should at least be following Christianity to some level.

Because many people in USA and Europe are only name sake Christians, they use that only as a label.

Many of these so called Christians are members of Homo groups, and even Atheists.

I do not know, was there any survey of "Practicing Christians" in USA?

To my knowledge it is Islam where practising Muslims have highest percentage of any other major religion in the world.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13237 Jul 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just try to see that these Christians are not just name sake Christians, they should at least be following Christianity to some level.
Because many people in USA and Europe are only name sake Christians, they use that only as a label.
Many of these so called Christians are members of Homo groups, and even Atheists.
To my knowledge it is Islam where practising Muslims have highest percentage of any other major religion in the world.
How many little girls have you abused, raped and murdered today?

Henderson, KY

#13238 Jul 14, 2013
You mean in Muslim countries where if you miss mosque services too often you can be imprisoned or beaten in the streets?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Just try to see that these Christians are not just name sake Christians, they should at least be following Christianity to some level.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13239 Jul 14, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>

The religious tradition is mandated by the state. The mutaween is the police force responsible for the enforcement of sharia. Mutaween practices, that target women, restrict their ability to drive or assemble. Mutaween enforce Islamic dress-codes, and store closures during the prayer time. They enforce Muslim dietary laws, prohibit the consumption or sale of alcoholic beverages and pork, and seize banned consumer products and media regarded as anti-Islamic (such as CDs/DVDs of various Western musical groups, television shows and film which has material contrary to Sharia law or Islam itself). Additionally, they actively prevent the practice or proselytizing of other religions within Saudi Arabia, where they are banned.

On 11th March 2002the Mutaweens stopped 15 girls from coming out of a burning school because the heads of these girls were not covered. According to these religious policemen, following Islamic Saudi law was more important than the lives of those girls who eventually were burnt to death in the fire. These rigid religious officers prevented other men who tried to get the girls out from the school. Since then, all the global human rights associations have been keeping a keen eye on the activities of Mutaweens.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13240 Jul 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>You mean in Muslim countries where if you miss mosque services too often you can be imprisoned or beaten in the streets?
Did you see the video in my previous comment?
Irrelevant to the current topic, but interesting and worth a watch!
Or a listen, if you're squeamish.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#13241 Jul 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Just try to see that these Christians are not just name sake Christians, they should at least be following Christianity to some level.I do not know, was there any survey of "Practicing Christians" in USA?
There is no such thing as a real and true, Bible believing, practicing Christian. Because all of them refuse to do what Jesus instructs them to do. It is amazing to watch the lies and deceptive dishonesty the so called Christian will present to get out of doing the following:

•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#13242 Jul 14, 2013
waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text> They enforce Muslim dietary laws, prohibit the consumption or sale of alcoholic beverages and pork, and seize banned consumer products and media regarded as anti-Islamic (such as CDs/DVDs of various Western musical groups, television shows and film which has material contrary to Sharia law or Islam itself). Additionally, they actively prevent the practice or proselytizing of other religions within Saudi Arabia, where they are banned.
I wonder why someone doesn't have a satellite broadcasting Western music and TV programs into Saudi Arabia? Is MTV still around?

Texas, USA

#13243 Jul 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You mean in Muslim countries where if you miss mosque services too often you can be imprisoned or beaten in the streets?
<quoted text>
Cut 'em some slack!! That's what it takes to convert slack-jawed Human Beings into banner-waving holy automatons. It sure as 'ell ain't the quality of the material.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13244 Jul 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
....bbbbbut according to real MUQ in S Arabia, most of these practising muslims are not true muslims!

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13245 Jul 14, 2013
waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text>
The religious tradition is mandated by the state. The mutaween is the police force responsible for the enforcement of sharia. Mutaween practices, that target women, restrict their ability to drive or assemble. Mutaween enforce Islamic dress-codes, and store closures during the prayer time. They enforce Muslim dietary laws, prohibit the consumption or sale of alcoholic beverages and pork, and seize banned consumer products and media regarded as anti-Islamic (such as CDs/DVDs of various Western musical groups, television shows and film which has material contrary to Sharia law or Islam itself). Additionally, they actively prevent the practice or proselytizing of other religions within Saudi Arabia, where they are banned.
On 11th March 2002the Mutaweens stopped 15 girls from coming out of a burning school because the heads of these girls were not covered. According to these religious policemen, following Islamic Saudi law was more important than the lives of those girls who eventually were burnt to death in the fire. These rigid religious officers prevented other men who tried to get the girls out from the school. Since then, all the global human rights associations have been keeping a keen eye on the activities of Mutaweens.
MUQ was born and raised in INDIA, you ignorant shill for shekels.

YOUR fascist Israeli government sends IDF thugs to arrest and jail five year old Palestinian boys and to protect Jewish settlers while they burn Palestinian crops and olive groves and beat up 70 year old Palestinian women herding sheep on their own land in the West Bank. How many pregnant Palestinian women have you shot lately, bubba?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr The FACTory 32,288
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr The FACTory 889
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr 15th Dalai Lama 77,078
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... 10 hr Roec 1
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 hr superwilly 258,482
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Tue Dogen 4,321
More from around the web