Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13183 Jul 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions are jokes, I'm just returning the favour.
I've got a joke that's pretty politically incorrect, but I don't care anymore since you don't deserve my regard:
What's the difference between a time bomb and a Muslim?
There is none.
Anyways, how many kids did you watch get sexually abused this week? How many did you actually sexually abuse?
If that post was a "joke". then let me see how have a "Weird sense of humor"!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13184 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he and all his atheist buddies are still sleeping. It's a self-deceptive hypnotic condition called the "waking sleep" and they don't want to wake up or see the world as it really is. They prefer their comfortable little bubble existence and dream state perceptions of the world.
No they are not sleeping they are "pretending" to be asleep.

You can wake some one who is sleeping, but you cannot one who is "pretending to be asleep".

All these atheists are like that, they go up to a level, and when their mind and hearts starts melting...they deliberately turn it off.

What is cure for this sickness, I do not know.

Salaam

MUQ

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13185 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a shrink, freak.
Anyone who takes themselves or Topix boards as seriously as you do needs help.
Says the idiot with no proof of god who got caught lying.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13186 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You can wake some one who is sleeping, but you cannot one who is "pretending to be asleep".
All these atheists are like that, they go up to a level, and when their mind and hearts starts melting...they deliberately turn it off.
Salaam
MUQ
Cowardly theist who lies to himself to justify his cowardice

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13187 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If that post was a "joke". then let me see how have a "Weird sense of humor"!!
Not a joke a statement of fact.

How many little girls have you abused, raped and murdered today?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13188 Jul 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>What do you call a Muslim with a camel and a goat?

Bi-sexual :))
That's nasty! Good one!

MUQ doesn't understand jokes by the way, their confusion about it is hilarious.

Montreal

#13189 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>No they are not sleeping they are "pretending" to be asleep.

Salaam

MUQ
I don't think salami is the "cute for atheism."

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13190 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he and all his atheist buddies are still sleeping. It's a self-deceptive hypnotic condition called the "waking sleep" and they don't want to wake up or see the world as it really is. They prefer their comfortable little bubble existence and dream state perceptions of the world.
Come on Zit! You are taking perfectly appropriate, descriptive things said about godbots and turning them around on us. It's weak, really weak. Do you actually think our level of 'awareness' is dreamlike? Do you really believe staring at reality without the rose-colored-glasses induces 'comfort'?? How can people who think their egos are worthy of immortality even begin to comprehend what it's like to be a realist? Being cuddled in the loving arms of Allah, Mohammed, Jesus or who-ever isn't building a "comfortable little bubble" for yourself? Do you people EVER snap out of it sometimes? Jeez.

Texas, USA

#13191 Jul 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think salami is the "cute for atheism."
Salami ... salami ... ballllloooooonnnnnnneeeeeyyyyy yy!!!

(Used to say that all the time as a kid)

Texas, USA

#13192 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I do not know what you mean by "Creationists". And you are entitled to your subjective opinions.
03. Zeal for false religions will always be counter productive for progress for human civlization. What we see in west is reaction to "Overdose of Pauline Christianity"…. It was impeding progress, that cannot be said about Islam,
04. We should best use our time which we are given. Yes one life time is not enough, even a Million Life times are not enough to know ALL Mysteries of this Universe.
That is why how "Childish" is the Declaration "There is no Creator of this Universe"
The people know "very little" and claim very big.
That is why I said, "Little knowledge of science makes a person Atheist, while deep knowledge brings him to realize the power of its Creator".
I do not know, in which category you come,.
01 Okay.'Creationist' are basically people who believe a 'Creator' entity 'created' everything. Most godbots (such as yourself) are therefore 'Creationists' in many ways. Unfortunately, some of your number are not content amusing themselves with these fantasies, they think it's time to present 'Creationism' as a legitimate, alternate 'scientific theory' right alongside The Big Bang and biological evolution. I'm sure that's perfectly okay in Allah-land, but here in the USA it's mixing 'Church and State' and therefore anti-constitutional.

03 Every religion is a 'false' religion to every other religion. I don't know what "Pauline Christianity" is ... but it sounds like a false religion. In fact, to me, all religions sound like false religions.

04 Mystery ... mysterious ... mystic ... mystical (of or having a spiritual reality or import not apparent to the intelligence or senses)... in other words ... magic, flim-flam, sleight-of-hand. Words are important and in this context "mystery" is inappropriate. There are no mysteries, just facts waiting to be uncovered. The catchy little quote of yours is meaningless. First uttered by a Creationist, no doubt, to feed his little fishes.(see #01 for definition of "Creationist" as you may have forgotten by now).

Montreal

#13193 Jul 12, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Salami ... salami ... ballllloooooonnnnnnneeeeeyyyyy yy!!!

(Used to say that all the time as a kid)
Oh shoot, I said "cute" instead of "cure!"
Damn autocorrect functions are going wacky!

I prefer mortadella, myself.

Texas, USA

#13194 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam
MUQ
Lobotomy. A lobotomy might return me to the trance-like state of the typical godbot. Maybe a couple months of extreme electro-shock therapy? How about Hemispherectomy? That might work. Let's see ... any volunteers? Anybody? Of course not. Nobody wants to remove large chunks of their brain just to achieve the awareness level of a typical godbot.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13195 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You said all particles were affected by gravity. Electrostatic force on particles is 10^40 times stronger than gravity which means that gravity has about as much affect on a particle as a fart on a windstorm. You were wrong.
No, gravity *does* affect them. Just not nearly as much as E&M. But, for example, a proton will fal because of gravity in the same way as anything else. So, for that matter, will an anti-proton.
Since I didn’t assert quantum particles acted like classical particles, how is this statement relevant?
You were the one stating how strange these things are.
Everything in the universe that appears to be a solid object is, in reality, mostly empty space, bubba.
Yes, that is what I pointed out to you.
You said particles don’t pass through solid objects. You were wrong. Neutrino particles pass through solid objects as large as planets all the time. WIMPs are even larger than neutrinoss and they pass through everything on the surface of the earth, includung people, and the earth all the tme.
And my point was that 'solid' things like the Earth are not solid at the atomic level. Yes, neutrinos pass through 'soid' things all the time, partly because they are NOT solid.
Heisenberg posited that entangled particles communicated with each other, instaneously, and that’s what science text books teach.
Actually, that is *not* what the science books teach. Heisenberg showed that you cannot measure position and momentum at the same time for the same particle: there will inevitable be a spread of measurements and the uncertainties of position and momentum are related. Entanglement of particles is a different process, involving correlation between measurements of two (classically) different particles that are separated. But it forms a *correlation*, not a causal link. There is no communication going on, unless you attempt to explain quantum particles classically, which is a very bad idea. In particular, there is no possible way to use entanglement for *actual* communication, even theoretically.
Whitehead posited that everything in the universe possessed consciousness appropriate to its existence which is consistent with Heisenberg’s particle communication theory. I would suggest you start reading actual science journals for a change, bubba.
Whitehead was a philosopher, not a scientist. He was also wrong.

And just how many actual science journals do you read? What was the last technical science article you read?
The words “mystical” and “magical” merely descrbe my perception of the universe in general and quantum physics in particular. If you don’t experience the world as mystical and magical, maybe you’ve only “experienced” it vicariously through books or classrooms and not as it really is in all its awe and wonder and majesty as “a significant whole”.
I don't see awe and magic as being related. I certainly feel awe and wonder. But that is because of the amazing complexity natural phenomena can produce.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13196 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You said all particles were affected by gravity. Electrostatic force on particles is 10^40 times stronger than gravity which means that gravity has about as much affect on a particle as a fart on a windstorm. You were wrong.
Because the E&M force is so much stronger, it is hard to measure the effect of gravity on charged particles. But, the acceleration due to gravity has been measured for neutrons, which are electrically neutral:

http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PR/v139/i3B/pB7...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v415/n68...
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01...

Experiments for electrons are much more difficult because they induce electric fields on the walls of a container, which affects the gravitational measurements.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp...
http://rmp.aps.org/abstract/RMP/v64/i1/p237_1

Finally, and just from a common sense viewpoint:
The effect of gravity on a macroscopic object is the sum of the effects of gravity on all the atoms in that object, which is the sum of the effects of gravity on all the particles in that object. if gravity did not affect electrons and quarks, then it could not affect larger objects which are made from them.

Texas, USA

#13198 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No intention of "investigating" me?
It's obvious from your previous post and the one above that you are obsessed with me and were actively engaged in trying to discover my name, bubba.
Find a shrink, freak. Anyone who takes themselves or Topix boards as seriously as you do needs help.
Hey Zit! You're ego is showing!! LOL. We don't need to 'investigate' you ... you make it EXTREMELY clear who and what you are. Everybody has your name and address ... so we can AVOID the area.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13199 Jul 12, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Lobotomy. A lobotomy might return me to the trance-like state of the typical godbot. Maybe a couple months of extreme electro-shock therapy? How about Hemispherectomy? That might work. Let's see ... any volunteers? Anybody? Of course not. Nobody wants to remove large chunks of their brain just to achieve the awareness level of a typical godbot.
LOL! I like your thinking.
Calypso17

Hempstead, NY

#13200 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No intention of "investigating" me?
It's obvious from your previous post and the one above that you are obsessed with me and were actively engaged in trying to discover my name, bubba.
Find a shrink, freak. Anyone who takes themselves or Topix boards as seriously as you do needs help.
Not interested in your name, Mary. Add your paranoia to the delusion that you will meet 17 virgins in heaven when you finally croak.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13202 Jul 12, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, gravity *does* affect them. Just not nearly as much as E&M. But, for example, a proton will fal because of gravity in the same way as anything else. So, for that matter, will an anti-proton.
<quoted text>
You were the one stating how strange these things are.
<quoted text>
Yes, that is what I pointed out to you.
<quoted text>
And my point was that 'solid' things like the Earth are not solid at the atomic level. Yes, neutrinos pass through 'soid' things all the time, partly because they are NOT solid.
<quoted text>
Actually, that is *not* what the science books teach. Heisenberg showed that you cannot measure position and momentum at the same time for the same particle: there will inevitable be a spread of measurements and the uncertainties of position and momentum are related. Entanglement of particles is a different process, involving correlation between measurements of two (classically) different particles that are separated. But it forms a *correlation*, not a causal link. There is no communication going on, unless you attempt to explain quantum particles classically, which is a very bad idea. In particular, there is no possible way to use entanglement for *actual* communication, even theoretically.
<quoted text>
Whitehead was a philosopher, not a scientist. He was also wrong.
And just how many actual science journals do you read? What was the last technical science article you read?
<quoted text>I don't see awe and magic as being related. I certainly feel awe and wonder. But that is because of the amazing complexity natural phenomena can produce.
LOL

You said all particles are affected by gravity. Quantum physics says you're wrong.

You said particles don’t pass through solid objects. Quantum physics says you're wrong.

You said particles don't communicate with each other. Quantum physics says you're wrong.

You said time was a physical entity. Quantum physics, Einstein, Feynman, AND Hawking says you're wrong.

And Whitehead was a brilliant internationally famous mathematician, a contemporary of Einstein, an agnostic, and Bertrand Russell's mentor. He never took any classes in philosophy or ever taught one until Harvard asked him to teach philosophy in the US.

You were wrong. Deal with it, bubba

United States of America

#13203 Jul 12, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Zit! You are taking perfectly appropriate, descriptive things said about godbots and turning them around on us. It's weak, really weak. Do you actually think our level of 'awareness' is dreamlike? Do you really believe staring at reality without the rose-colored-glasses induces 'comfort'?? How can people who think their egos are worthy of immortality even begin to comprehend what it's like to be a realist? Being cuddled in the loving arms of Allah, Mohammed, Jesus or who-ever isn't building a "comfortable little bubble" for yourself? Do you people EVER snap out of it sometimes? Jeez.
LOL I don't think you are asleep, bubba. Your blatherings indicate you're just mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence. I think you left your brain in the bottom of a beer can years ago.

United States of America

#13204 Jul 12, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean godbots like Ramanujan, Einstein, Darwin, Shakespeare, Newton, Aristotle, Pythagorus, or Jesus?

All these godbots, and thousands more, have made great contributions to human knowledge and civilization. What great contributions have you made, bubba? What great contributions have ANY atheists made?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 32 min Eagle 12 21,400
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 53 min replaytime 20,279
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr ChristineM 45,559
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr ChristineM 10,343
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 3 hr ChristineM 548
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 5 hr Paul WV-Uncle Sam 325
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Joe Fortuna 257,132
More from around the web