Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14715 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13159 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you brother for your appreciation.
Salaam
MUQ
LOL

One pedophile patting another pedophile on the back because they both like to abuse, rape and murder little girls, truly sickening.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13160 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you brother for your appreciation.

Salaam
MUQ
What does salami have to do with anything? This isn't a deli.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#13161 Jul 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
What does salami have to do with anything? This isn't a deli.
What is this? Are you still sleeping?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#13162 Jul 11, 2013
R Hill wrote:
01 Well, we are here to discuss and share opinions. It is my opinion that Creationist opinions belong in the dustbin.

02 You brought the term 'boast' or 'boasting' into the equation, not I.

03 It is this fact (relatively moderate religious indoctrination) which has helped our civilization to flourish. It is logical to extrapolate that even less religion would result in even more flourishing.

04 A lifetime is not enough. About the time we start to get it figured out, old age addles our brains and tightens it's hands around our throats. It gives us the aspect of dottering fools and what wisdom we try to pass falls on deaf ears. Thus ignorance and superstition survives and reverberates down the generations.

We're making progress though. Barring some catastrophe, the Internet has made 'free thinking' accessible to (almost) the whole world. It has given a voice to those who, in olden times, would have remained forever muted. Pandora's box has been thrown open and it is full of knowledge. The world is intoxicated upon it and who knows where it's going to stop.

'Enemies' was too strong a word. We are and will remain adversarial as long as our relationship to a mythical "Creator" remains our yardstick for measuring each other. We need a new measuring stick like 'how much suffering can we ease'. In that, we all fall short.
Ans.

01. I do not know what you mean by "Creationists". And you are entitled to your subjective opinions.

03. Zeal for false religions will always be counter productive for progress for human civlization. What we see in west is reaction to "Overdose of Pauline Christianity"…. It was impeding progress, that cannot be said about Islam,

04. We should best use our time which we are given. Yes one life time is not enough, even a Million Life times are not enough to know ALL Mysteries of this Universe.

That is why how "Childish" is the Declaration "There is no Creator of this Universe"

The people know "very little" and claim very big.

That is why I said, "Little knowledge of science makes a person Atheist, while deep knowledge brings him to realize the power of its Creator".

I do not know, in which category you come,.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13163 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>What is this? Are you still sleeping?
Your opinions are jokes, I'm just returning the favour.

I've got a joke that's pretty politically incorrect, but I don't care anymore since you don't deserve my regard:
What's the difference between a time bomb and a Muslim?
There is none.

Anyways, how many kids did you watch get sexually abused this week? How many did you actually sexually abuse?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13164 Jul 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
What does salami have to do with anything? This isn't a deli.
If you bought it today would that make it new deli.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13165 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I do not know what you mean by "Creationists". And you are entitled to your subjective opinions.
03. Zeal for false religions will always be counter productive for progress for human civlization. What we see in west is reaction to "Overdose of Pauline Christianity"…. It was impeding progress, that cannot be said about Islam,
04. We should best use our time which we are given. Yes one life time is not enough, even a Million Life times are not enough to know ALL Mysteries of this Universe.
That is why how "Childish" is the Declaration "There is no Creator of this Universe"
The people know "very little" and claim very big.
That is why I said, "Little knowledge of science makes a person Atheist, while deep knowledge brings him to realize the power of its Creator".
I do not know, in which category you come,.
Hey, scumbag why do you support the abuse, rape and murder of little girls.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13166 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If some one in this age, with so much information about known Universe, can still say that there is no God, he or she should go to a mental specialist!!
If some one in this age, with so much information about the known Universe, can still say that there is a God, he or she should go to a mental specialist!!!
While many "Models of God" are being discarded.....but there emerges a "True Picture of a Most Powerful, Most Knowledgeable and Most Merciful Creator, Designer and Planner"!!
Carry on and then "Most Pseudo Scientists would have a face full of shame" saying what stupid people we were all these days!!
And those believing in the supernatural are at the from the of pseudo-scientists.
Calypso17

Hempstead, NY

#13168 Jul 11, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kinda flattering in a freaky weird kind of way that you're apparently trying to "investigate" me, but....not even close, bubba.
Bwaaahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaha
Please don't be flattered, I have no intention of "investigating" you. That is your grandiosity speaking. Your ideas appear frequently in C papers produced by ambitious freshman and neither your stupidly nor arrogance are impressive.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13169 Jul 11, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
If you bought it today would that make it new deli.
I bought it yesterday, it's old deli.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13170 Jul 11, 2013
You missed number 2... That's Muq people! So damn stupid he can't count to 3 properly!

A perfect example of the idiocy needed to be a Muslim. Is it any wonder so many of them blow themselves up?
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

01. I do not know what you mean by "Creationists". And you are entitled to your subjective opinions.

03. Zeal for false religions will always be counter productive for progress for human civlization. What we see in west is reaction to "Overdose of Pauline Christianity"…. It was impeding progress, that cannot be said about Islam,

04. We should best use our time which we are given. Yes one life time is not enough, even a Million Life times are not enough to know ALL Mysteries of this Universe.

That is why how "Childish" is the Declaration "There is no Creator of this Universe"

The people know "very little" and claim very big.

That is why I said, "Little knowledge of science makes a person Atheist, while deep knowledge brings him to realize the power of its Creator".

I do not know, in which category you come,.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13171 Jul 11, 2013
Lol! Great joke! Ending on a more somber note Muq probably was the child of a child bride. I wonder if his Mom died in childbirth?
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinions are jokes, I'm just returning the favour.

I've got a joke that's pretty politically incorrect, but I don't care anymore since you don't deserve my regard:
What's the difference between a time bomb and a Muslim?
There is none.

Anyways, how many kids did you watch get sexually abused this week? How many did you actually sexually abuse?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13172 Jul 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, E&M is much stronger than gravity. It is what keeps the electrons in their orbitals around atoms, etc. But gravity does have an effect: particles fall in a gravitational well. That is also an observed effect. In fact, the acceleration due to gravity on an electron is the same as for a macroscopic object. What we do NOT have is a quantum theory of gravity, where the gravitational force itself is quantized.
You said all particles were affected by gravity. Electrostatic force on particles is 10^40 times stronger than gravity which means that gravity has about as much affect on a particle as a fart on a windstorm. You were wrong.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, exactly the opposite. Most of the paradoxes' of quantum mechanics come about because people assume that quantum particles act like classical particles.
Since I didn’t assert quantum particles acted like classical particles, how is this statement relevant?
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And 'solid' planets are mostly empty space. The cross section for interaction of a neutrino is much smaller than that for an electron.
Everything in the universe that appears to be a solid object is, in reality, mostly empty space, bubba. You said particles don’t pass through solid objects. You were wrong. Neutrino particles pass through solid objects as large as planets all the time. WIMPs are even larger than neutrinoss and they pass through everything on the surface of the earth, includung people, and the earth all the tme.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Heisenberg was right about this, as has been verified repeatedly over the last 80 years.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>if you get your science from journalists, you will have many misunderstandings. I would suggest you read actual science journals for such. Entangled particles do not communicate.
Heisenberg posited that entangled particles communicated with each other, instaneously, and that’s what science text books teach. Whitehead posited that everything in the universe possessed consciousness appropriate to its existence which is consistent with Heisenberg’s particle communication theory. I would suggest you start reading actual science journals for a change, bubba.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you called it mystical and magical. It is neither. We understand how these things work. it is often counter-intuitive, but quantum mechanics gives the description and allows us to make accurate predictions. In every situation, including the highly counter-intuitive ones, it has been verified.
Now, when was the last time you solved the Schrodinger equation for any situation?
The words “mystical” and “magical” merely descrbe my perception of the universe in general and quantum physics in particular. If you don’t experience the world as mystical and magical, maybe you’ve only “experienced” it vicariously through books or classrooms and not as it really is in all its awe and wonder and majesty as “a significant whole”.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#13173 Jul 11, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You said all particles were affected by gravity. Electrostatic force on particles is 10^40 times stronger than gravity which means that gravity has about as much affect on a particle as a fart on a windstorm. You were wrong.
<quoted text>
Since I didn’t assert quantum particles acted like classical particles, how is this statement relevant?
<quoted text>
Everything in the universe that appears to be a solid object is, in reality, mostly empty space, bubba. You said particles don’t pass through solid objects. You were wrong. Neutrino particles pass through solid objects as large as planets all the time. WIMPs are even larger than neutrinoss and they pass through everything on the surface of the earth, includung people, and the earth all the tme.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Heisenberg posited that entangled particles communicated with each other, instaneously, and that’s what science text books teach. Whitehead posited that everything in the universe possessed consciousness appropriate to its existence which is consistent with Heisenberg’s particle communication theory. I would suggest you start reading actual science journals for a change, bubba.
<quoted text>
The words “mystical” and “magical” merely descrbe my perception of the universe in general and quantum physics in particular. If you don’t experience the world as mystical and magical, maybe you’ve only “experienced” it vicariously through books or classrooms and not as it really is in all its awe and wonder and majesty as “a significant whole”.
Jimi Hendrix used to ask, "Are you experienced?"

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13174 Jul 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this? Are you still sleeping?
Yes, he and all his atheist buddies are still sleeping. It's a self-deceptive hypnotic condition called the "waking sleep" and they don't want to wake up or see the world as it really is. They prefer their comfortable little bubble existence and dream state perceptions of the world.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13175 Jul 11, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimi Hendrix used to ask, "Are you experienced?"
Well are ya?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13176 Jul 11, 2013
Calypso17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't be flattered, I have no intention of "investigating" you. That is your grandiosity speaking. Your ideas appear frequently in C papers produced by ambitious freshman and neither your stupidly nor arrogance are impressive.
No intention of "investigating" me?

It's obvious from your previous post and the one above that you are obsessed with me and were actively engaged in trying to discover my name, bubba.

Find a shrink, freak. Anyone who takes themselves or Topix boards as seriously as you do needs help.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13177 Jul 11, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he and all his atheist buddies are still sleeping. It's a self-deceptive hypnotic condition called the "waking sleep" and they don't want to wake up or see the world as it really is. They prefer their comfortable little bubble existence and dream state perceptions of the world.
When you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying to us about, please wake us up.

Until then, give it a rest with your foolish cult.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13178 Jul 11, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No intention of "investigating" me?
It's obvious from your previous post and the one above that you are obsessed with me and were actively engaged in trying to discover my name, bubba.
Find a shrink, freak. Anyone who takes themselves or Topix boards as seriously as you do needs help.
We know who you are already Educated Wh*t.

You notre dame education did not prepare you for being arrested online.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13179 Jul 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We know who you are already Educated Wh*t.
You notre dame education did not prepare you for being arrested online.
Find a shrink, freak.

Anyone who takes themselves or Topix boards as seriously as you do needs help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 25 min Critical Eye 20,904
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 38 min NoahLikesPi 41
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 47 min NoahLikesPi 12,988
Proof of God for the Atheist 2 hr Eagle 12 134
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 3 hr Eagle 12 93
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr -Stray Dog 247,812
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Eagle 12 2,369
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 5 hr Eagle 12 47,920
More from around the web