Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13079 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. So provide a link which proves time is real and exists outside the minds of humans.
No problem. But first provide one that proves that matter exists outside of the minds of humans. I can prove that time exists to the same level of proof. I simply want to see your standard.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13080 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your previous response, I'm going with all three and adding THREE more to the pile--obsessive compulsive disorder, control freak (emphasis on freak), and attention deficit disorder.

Want to go all in and reveal some more mental/personality disorders to add to the pile, bubba?
Thank you for admitting that you find pedophilia to be morally right.
You really are the scum of the Earth :)

Montreal

#13081 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>I did not assert that "only matter and energy are relevant to the structure of the universe", bubba.

Those are your words--your straw man--not mine.

Time--also geometry, algebra, numbers, words, language, etc--are ALL mental constructs. We humans invented them. None of them exists in the real world. The only "existence" they have is in the minds of humans.
So in your mind you're never going to age?
Now I see why you think pedophilia is right; you don't understand age.

Montreal

#13082 Jul 9, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe that's why she can not directly and clearly condemn some of this stuff, it having been done to her. Maybe while they're being sliced and diced and thighed they're being told (in halting, low grunts) how 'pure & holy' it makes 'em. Serving Allah's will and all. Maybe they're told she'll get to re-materialize in Muslim heaven as part of a 72 pack 'o virgins. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!?
You seen me ask 3 times to just copy/paste that pedophilia is wrong, and yet Zit can't.
It's like asking me to say I believe in a god.

I don't believe in a god and Zit believes pedophilia is right.

Montreal

#13083 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>LOL What you described are directions not dimensions, bubba.
You really said that?
You actually said that?
I can't believe that you just said that.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Montreal

#13084 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha......
Are you laughing at your own stupidity now?

Montreal

#13085 Jul 9, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No problem. But first provide one that proves that matter exists outside of the minds of humans. I can prove that time exists to the same level of proof. I simply want to see your standard.
I swear, I don't know how you can stand listening to such stupidity.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13086 Jul 9, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. But first provide one that proves that matter exists outside of the minds of humans. I can prove that time exists to the same level of proof. I simply want to see your standard.
Really? Better than a link to prove that matter exists outside of the minds of humans, how about you jump off your roof or any roof?

That snap, crackle, crunch sound you hear when you reach the end of your descent is your body interacting with the matter outside your mind, bubba.

Get it?

Now, post a link that proves time exists....

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#13087 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Better than a link to prove that matter exists outside of the minds of humans, how about you jump off your roof or any roof?
That snap, crackle, crunch sound you hear when you reach the end of your descent is your body interacting with the matter outside your mind, bubba.
Get it?
And it takes time to fall. So time exists outside of the mind.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13088 Jul 9, 2013
Anddddddd that would be checkmate :)
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And it takes time to fall. So time exists outside of the mind.

United States of America

#13089 Jul 9, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And it takes time to fall. So time exists outside of the mind.
All that proves is you've used the mental construct of "time" to describe the interval between the launch and the (crash) landing of your jump.

One mississippi, two mississippi, three....splat!

Time isn't real. It isn't energy, matter, or a force that can be manipulated or controlled to avoid the inevitability of splat! after launch. Time is just a mental construct used by humans for measurements and predictions. That's all it is.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#13090 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Get it?
my reply to this post was 56 minutes in duration from you hitting the send button....

that's called 'time'. It is something real which I cannot manipulate, I cannot choose to go back and reply 36 minutes after you hit send, time is real.

You have a finite duration from your birth to your death, you cannot live again, the duration from birth to death, or simply between intervals is denoted by the descriptor 'time'.

You can tell me where something is in the universe using euclidean co-ordinates, I'd like you to tell me 'when' something is without the use of 'time'.
Truth

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#13091 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
All that proves is you've used the mental construct of "time" to describe the interval between the launch and the (crash) landing of your jump.
Time isn't real. It isn't energy, matter, or a force that can be manipulated or controlled to avoid the inevitability of splat! after launch. Time is just a mental construct used by humans for measurements and predictions. That's all it is.
That makes no sense If your saying that time doesnt exist then a fall and landing would exist simultaneously. Yes man invented the word time and the instruments that measure time but they did not invent time.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13092 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. So provide a link which proves time is real and exists outside the minds of humans.
You need to prove the god you're lying to us about you stupid piece of sh*t troll.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13093 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowards with no proof of god who don't understand science should learn when to shut the f*ck up and stop embarrassing themselves.

Montreal

#13094 Jul 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>That makes no sense If your saying that time doesnt exist then a fall and landing would exist simultaneously. Yes man invented the word time and the instruments that measure time but they did not invent time.
What else would you expect of Zit?
Logic, sense, and rational thinking does not computer with her.

United States of America

#13095 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
my reply to this post was 56 minutes in duration from you hitting the send button....
that's called 'time'. It is something real which I cannot manipulate, I cannot choose to go back and reply 36 minutes after you hit send, time is real.
You have a finite duration from your birth to your death, you cannot live again, the duration from birth to death, or simply between intervals is denoted by the descriptor 'time'.
You can tell me where something is in the universe using euclidean co-ordinates, I'd like you to tell me 'when' something is without the use of 'time'.
You said:

"....the duration from birth to death, or simply between intervals is denoted by the descriptor 'time'."

And you said it all right there in that sentence. Time is indeed a "discriptor". It's a communication tool like an adjective or adverb. It's a measuring tool like a yardstick or a sextant. It's a very useful tool, perhaps one of the most useful tools humans ever invented but it's usefulness doesn't change the fact that it's only a mental construct invented by humans. It doesn't exist outside the human mind.
Truth

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#13096 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
"....the duration from birth to death, or simply between intervals is denoted by the descriptor 'time'."
And you said it all right there in that sentence. Time is indeed a "discriptor". It's a communication tool like an adjective or adverb. It's a measuring tool like a yardstick or a sextant. It's a very useful tool, perhaps one of the most useful tools humans ever invented but it's usefulness doesn't change the fact that it's only a mental construct invented by humans. It doesn't exist outside the human mind.
So your saying the duration between the 2 intervals does not exist? Your also saying its a useful tool used for measuring but it doesn't exist much like the yardstick which also clearly doesn't exist?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#13097 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the 'interval' between the two *is* the 'time' between the two. it is an interval *in time*.
This is wrong. In fact, time can be affected by energy and matter as shown by relativity and proven by actual observations. You also seem to be confusing gravity (the force that makes you fall) and time (the interval of the fall).

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#13098 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
No, it is something that we construct tools to measure. We also construct tools to measure space, mass, charge, etc. All of these are physical things that we measure through our tools. But don't confuse the tools we make for the physical things we are measuring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Richardfs 52,437
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 min Thinking 22,201
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 52 min Richardfs 535
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Aura Mytha 24,924
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 5 hr Bob Zanotti 233
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 6 hr Passion of the Ma... 1,684
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 hr Ian McFarland 11,462
More from around the web