Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
12,521 - 12,540 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your response, I'm going with all three.
I have clearly stated--many times--that it would be great if the US "renditioned" all of America's thousands of sick atheist pedophiles to Saudi Arabia because the Saudis are a thousand times more efficient and effective than the US in the methods they use to deal with pedophiles, i.e. execution.
Why your little pea brain interprets my clearly stated opinion calling for the death penalty for all pedophiles as being "pro-Islam" or "pro-hetero pedophilia" can only be answered by a shrink or a brain surgeon, bubba.
The US only? Right, great idea, we can let those Saudi pedophiles, punish the American pedophiles? Well don't you just have the perfect solution? For the Saudi pedos, anyway.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doing the dance again.
You just can't state it clearly, can you?
It's simple, simply copy paste the following: "All sexual relations of people older than 18 with people younger than 16 are wrong."
All you have to do is copy and paste it.
You won't though, because either you condone that behaviour, or you like being called a pedophile for some reason.
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your response, I'm going with all three and adding two more to the pile--obsessive compulsive disorder and control freak (emphasis on freak).

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
But that would mean condemning her suicide bombing Muslims.
<quoted text>
Zit's a girl?
Well, whatever, he or she won't say it anyway because we all know he/she condones it.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
george carlin
“Tell people an invisible man in the sky created all things, they believe you.
Tell them what you've painted is wet, they have to touch it to believe.”

-George Carlin

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple, simply copy paste the following: "All sexual relations of people older than 18 with people younger than 16 are wrong."
You won't though, because either you condone that behaviour, or you like being called a pedophile for some reason.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your response, I'm going with all three and adding two more to the pile--obsessive compulsive disorder and control freak (emphasis on freak).
Last chance to prove you don't condone pedophilia, nor participate in it.

Simply copy paste the following: "All sexual relations of people older than 18 with people younger than 16 are wrong."

(You won't though, yet again you will prove that you think pedophilia is morally acceptable)

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is not a mental or social construct. Time is a part of the fundamental structure of the universe.
Really? Okay, prove it, bubba.

The fundamental structure of the universe is composed of matter or energy. Which one is time?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Last chance to prove you don't condone pedophilia, nor participate in it.
Simply copy paste the following: "All sexual relations of people older than 18 with people younger than 16 are wrong."
(You won't though, yet again you will prove that you think pedophilia is morally acceptable)
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your previous response, I'm going with all three and adding THREE more to the pile--obsessive compulsive disorder, control freak (emphasis on freak), and attention deficit disorder.

Want to go all in and reveal some more mental/personality disorders to add to the pile, bubba?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundamental structure of the universe is composed of matter or energy. Which one is time?
Time is a dimension. Up&Down is a dimension, Fore & Aft is a dimension, Left & Right is a dimension, Past & Present is a dimension all identical.

Imagine that! We live in a universe with four identical dimensions (at least 4)

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong in your assertion that only matter and energy are relevant to the structure of the universe. In particular, space is also a highly relevant factor. And time, along with space, provides spacetime, which is the *geometry* of the universe. It is the interactions of matter and energy within the context of this spacetime geometry that constitutes the universe.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is a dimension. Up&Down is a dimension, Fore & Aft is a dimension, Left & Right is a dimension, Past & Present is a dimension all identical.
Imagine that! We live in a universe with four identical dimensions (at least 4)
LOL What you described are directions not dimensions, bubba.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your previous response, I'm going with all three and adding THREE more to the pile--obsessive compulsive disorder, control freak (emphasis on freak), and attention deficit disorder.
Want to go all in and reveal some more mental/personality disorders to add to the pile, bubba?
When you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying to us about, your opinions about atheists might matter more.

See if your religion taught you intellectual bravery - because none do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how ignorant religious trolls run away from facts on a regular basis.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Egads you're simple....

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong in your assertion that only matter and energy are relevant to the structure of the universe. In particular, space is also a highly relevant factor. And time, along with space, provides spacetime, which is the *geometry* of the universe. It is the interactions of matter and energy within the context of this spacetime geometry that constitutes the universe.
I did not assert that "only matter and energy are relevant to the structure of the universe", bubba.

Those are your words--your straw man--not mine.

Time--also geometry, algebra, numbers, words, language, etc--are ALL mental constructs. We humans invented them. None of them exists in the real world. The only "existence" they have is in the minds of humans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not assert that "only matter and energy are relevant to the structure of the universe", bubba.
Time--also geometry, algebra, numbers, words, language, etc--are ALL mental constructs. We humans invented them. None of them exists in the real world. The only "existence" they have is in the minds of humans.
Just prove the god you're lying to us about little troll...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Zit's a girl?
Well, whatever, he or she won't say it anyway because we all know he/she condones it.
Maybe that's why she can not directly and clearly condemn some of this stuff, it having been done to her. Maybe while they're being sliced and diced and thighed they're being told (in halting, low grunts) how 'pure & holy' it makes 'em. Serving Allah's will and all. Maybe they're told she'll get to re-materialize in Muslim heaven as part of a 72 pack 'o virgins. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're here now, bubba. I don't know if it's a feature or a bug but Topix does this fairly frequently. Maybe it's a way to have people meet and make new friends! LOL, I dunno. I was wondering where all the 'shilling for shekels' crapola was coming from. You got some serious issues, bubba. Nobody has to get paid to knock Muslims. Y'all do that quite well all by yourselves!
Do the math, bubba. Half the Jewish population in Israel is atheist so this article is totally appropriate for the Israel forum.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
They are distinct from religious mental constructs in that they have some utility in the real world. Unlike your gods.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Hard core Catholics can be very indoctrinated. I was reading an article by a Catholic priest, and he was clearly convinced that the CC had all the truth on everything. The level of arrogance can only be achieved by lifelong brainwashing.
You're either a Catholic or Hell-bound ... not unlike our Muslim amigos. I know some that attribute illnesses, mental or physical, to spirits. On the plus side, they don't condemn outright various activities as sinful as confession and performing your assigned retribution clears you ... at least temporarily.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
They are distinct from religious mental constructs in that they have some utility in the real world. Unlike your gods.
So, are you conceding that your belief that time is something that really exists is just a delusion or are you going to keep insisting your delusion is reality?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Dave Nelson 224,075
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr religionisillness 361
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Magyar 101 21,383
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 7 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 7 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••