Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
12,361 - 12,380 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
It really makes you mad!!!
It doesn't make me angry, it makes me sad....This world could be a much better place and people like you want it to stay the way it is. It's very sad. I get angry about you and your friends lack of social skills, and your constant posts of name calling, anger, hate, and ridiculous responses. It also makes me sick that you have such a high demand for that kind of reaction to be given in return. To me you are all sad individuals who are bored, and have nothing else to do but to fake a liking for a religion that you make it obvious that you don't follow.
Truth

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence for the existence of God can be found in Whitehead's Theory of Actual Occasion, i.e. according to the law of cause and effect, God is the First Cause.
Rationally, without God, nothing would exist because without a First Cause (God), the Big Bang and the billions of years of sequential causes and effects which produced the universe, our planet and all life on Earth, including humans, would simply never have happened.....
If you want to see God for yourself, there's only one way: purge your soul of all filth, corruption, envy, hate, fear, jealousy, and repent ALL of your past sins. Purify yourself.
Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." -- Yeshua ben Yosef
Unless and until you become willing to follow this ancient spiritual path taught by Essenism, Buddhism, Yoga, Shintoism, Sufism, Hinduism, etc. your mind will never evolve to higher consciousness and you will never see, hear, or feel God.
That contradicts itself, your saying without god nothing would exist but if that where true god himself could not exist without a god to create him which in turn creates a never ending string of gods creating each other.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that it's ridiculous that you and your friends keep using Stalin as an example for something. Hitler was a "christian" and he also killed millions. What do you think of that?
We no longer need to refer to Stalin or Hitler. The Islamofascist dictators have been worse. Saddam Hussein murdered millions of his own people. Mass graves of Kurds, Shi'ites, and other political opponents have been found throughout Iraq.During his reign, Hussein was a major supporter of terrorism. He offered $25,000 apiece to the families of PLO and Hamas suicide bombers, and has at various times supported, and been supported by, al-Qaeda and other groups.

Omar Qadaffi was linked to numerous terrorist attacks, including the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am jet over Lockerbie, Scotland, which killed 270 people. Qaddafi bombed towns in eastern Libya, and his henchmen opened fire on prisoners in Tripoliís Abu Salim prison, killing over 1,200. His legacy of rape, sex crimes and corruption is unprecedented. 250,000 people died in the Libyan War to overthrow his brutality. He was finally caught, publicly humiliated and beheaded without a trial.

In Syria Assad is a notorious Islamofascist dictator. Over 100000 people have been killed, many are innocent women and children. The Assad Government has used chemical weapons against its own people. Assad's bloodthirsty brutality has left 1 million refugees without a place to live.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Jim Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
We no longer need to refer to Stalin or Hitler. The Islamofascist dictators have been worse. Saddam Hussein murdered millions of his own people. Mass graves of Kurds, Shi'ites, and other political opponents have been found throughout Iraq.During his reign, Hussein was a major supporter of terrorism. He offered $25,000 apiece to the families of PLO and Hamas suicide bombers, and has at various times supported, and been supported by, al-Qaeda and other groups.
Omar Qadaffi was linked to numerous terrorist attacks, including the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am jet over Lockerbie, Scotland, which killed 270 people. Qaddafi bombed towns in eastern Libya, and his henchmen opened fire on prisoners in Tripoliís Abu Salim prison, killing over 1,200. His legacy of rape, sex crimes and corruption is unprecedented. 250,000 people died in the Libyan War to overthrow his brutality. He was finally caught, publicly humiliated and beheaded without a trial.
In Syria Assad is a notorious Islamofascist dictator. Over 100000 people have been killed, many are innocent women and children. The Assad Government has used chemical weapons against its own people. Assad's bloodthirsty brutality has left 1 million refugees without a place to live.
Religion is notably a horrible thing for a country to run under.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Jim Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
This Islamophobia message was brought to you by yet another liar-for-hire shilling for shekels on Topix and paid for by the Israeli Ministry of Hasbara (Hebrew for propaganda).

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Very well said.
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't make me angry, it makes me sad....This world could be a much better place and people like you want it to stay the way it is. It's very sad. I get angry about you and your friends lack of social skills, and your constant posts of name calling, anger, hate, and ridiculous responses. It also makes me sick that you have such a high demand for that kind of reaction to be given in return. To me you are all sad individuals who are bored, and have nothing else to do but to fake a liking for a religion that you make it obvious that you don't follow.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Sad little racist doesn't realize Jesus, if he even existed, was a Jew.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>This Islamophobia message was brought to you by yet another liar-for-hire shilling for shekels on Topix and paid for by the Israeli Ministry of Hasbara (Hebrew for propaganda).

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
This Islamophobia message was brought to you by yet another liar-for-hire shilling for shekels on Topix and paid for by the Israeli Ministry of Hasbara (Hebrew for propaganda).
Instead of name calling, why don't you provide evidence of where my statements are untrue?

Saddam Hussein, Omar Qaddafi and Al Assad are by no means heroes. Each has elicited the hatred and of their own people. Hussein and Qaddafi were captured and humiliated by their own people. Al Assad cannot last in power- 100,000 have died.

If you support Islamic rule, or shariah, at all costs why don't you say so instead of bashing others? Not supporting shariah, is NOT Islamophobia.You have shown no tolerance, respect or understanding of any position other than your own.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That contradicts itself, your saying without god nothing would exist but if that where true god himself could not exist without a god to create him which in turn creates a never ending string of gods creating each other.
There's no contradiction.

"....When Stephen Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose extended the equations for general relativity to include space and time, the results showed that time has a beginning - at the moment of creation (i.e., the Big Bang). In fact, if you examine university websites, you will find that many professors make such a claim - that the universe had a beginning and that this beginning marked the beginning of time . Such assertions support the Bible's claim that time began at the creation of the universe.

Conclusion: God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.8 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific)....."

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/who_...

Since atheists don't believe in metaphysics, you really can't present any kind of an argument from that position, can you?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Jim Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of name calling, why don't you provide evidence of where my statements are untrue?
Saddam Hussein, Omar Qaddafi and Al Assad are by no means heroes. Each has elicited the hatred and of their own people. Hussein and Qaddafi were captured and humiliated by their own people. Al Assad cannot last in power- 100,000 have died.
If you support Islamic rule, or shariah, at all costs why don't you say so instead of bashing others? Not supporting shariah, is NOT Islamophobia.You have shown no tolerance, respect or understanding of any position other than your own.
Your post was just one of the typical generic rants the Israeli ministry of hasbara emails to all its liars-for-hire, bubba. One can only refute alleged facts and since you provided no links to any credible sources, the garbage you posted is all just your bigoted racist opinions, bubba.
Truth

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
"....When Stephen Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose extended the equations for general relativity to include space and time, the results showed that time has a beginning - at the moment of creation (i.e., the Big Bang). In fact, if you examine university websites, you will find that many professors make such a claim - that the universe had a beginning and that this beginning marked the beginning of time . Such assertions support the Bible's claim that time began at the creation of the universe.
Conclusion: God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.8 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific)....."
Since atheists don't believe in metaphysics, you really can't present any kind of an argument from that position, can you?
Its absolutely a contradiction because you said nothing could exist unless god created it, so with that line of thinking a god could not exist unless a god created it. Yes the universe had a beginning but that in no way proves a god or divine intervention. Your using a god of the gaps fallacy and plugging him in where you think he fits. Stephen hawkings himself said no god was needed for the creation of the universe.
Truth

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can make an argument, considering we can view natural processes in the universe operating without divine intervention, we see new forms of life evolving without divine intervention. You are saying the only way someone can argue your claim of god is if they believe in god that's absurd. Your also saying atheists need a super universe (which is not true) but such a universe cant be confirmed, but then you turn around and present a super natural being who exists outside of space and time. How do you not see the hypocrisy in that argument your demanding absolute proof for scientist for you to believe them but you blindly believe in a supernatural being.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence for the existence of God can be found in Whitehead's Theory of Actual Occasion, i.e. according to the law of cause and effect, God is the First Cause.
Rationally, without God, nothing would exist because without a First Cause (God), the Big Bang and the billions of years of sequential causes and effects which produced the universe, our planet and all life on Earth, including humans, would simply never have happened.....
If you want to see God for yourself, there's only one way: purge your soul of all filth, corruption, envy, hate, fear, jealousy, and repent ALL of your past sins. Purify yourself.
Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." -- Yeshua ben Yosef
Unless and until you become willing to follow this ancient spiritual path taught by Essenism, Buddhism, Yoga, Shintoism, Sufism, Hinduism, etc. your mind will never evolve to higher consciousness and you will never see, hear, or feel God.
Yeah, this is brainwashing BS. "purify" yourself until you see God, if you don't see God then you haven't purified yourself enough. Bull crap! Self delusion is all this is.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Its absolutely a contradiction because you said nothing could exist unless god created it, so with that line of thinking a god could not exist unless a god created it. Yes the universe had a beginning but that in no way proves a god or divine intervention. Your using a god of the gaps fallacy and plugging him in where you think he fits. Stephen hawkings himself said no god was needed for the creation of the universe.
Try to wrap your head around the concept that there was no time and no cause and effect until the Big Bang happened. Got it? Stephen Hawking confirmed scientifically that the universe had a beginning. His opinion that the universe spontaneously created itself, i.e. came into being as a result of gravity, contradicts his own science because gravity did not exist prior to the Big Bang and therefore could not have caused the Big Bang. It's a great gimmick for selling his new book, but otherwise worthless.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to wrap your head around the concept that there was no time and no cause and effect until the Big Bang happened. Got it? Stephen Hawking confirmed scientifically that the universe had a beginning. His opinion that the universe spontaneously created itself, i.e. came into being as a result of gravity, contradicts his own science because gravity did not exist prior to the Big Bang and therefore could not have caused the Big Bang. It's a great gimmick for selling his new book, but otherwise worthless.
He was speaking of "The Universe as we know it.". At no time did he claim there was nothing before the Big Bang, just that we don't know what the universe was like before that event. Since matter and energy have never been created nor destroyed, it only changes form, the likelihood is matter and energy have always existed and there is no need for a creator.
Truth

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no I got it but its a huge contradiction, if your agreeing that there was no cause and effect before the big bang and no time then you are eliminating the possibility of a creator. You can not argue that there was no cause before the big bang and then turn around and argue that god was the cause of the big bang. also if your acknowledging no time existed it would be impossible for a creator to have existed.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, this is brainwashing BS. "purify" yourself until you see God, if you don't see God then you haven't purified yourself enough. Bull crap! Self delusion is all this is.
Although, the history of civilization records many exceptionally gifted individuals who seem to have been born with higher consciousness, and this number has increased phenomenally over the past 200 years, the actual path to developing higher consciousness--repentance, prayer, fasting, meditation, etc--was given to mankind some 14,000 years ago and has been practiced and taught by adepts, shamans, priests, sheiks, gurus, yogas, buddhas, etc in every culture from every religious tradition on every continent of the world ever since.
Truth

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
He was speaking of "The Universe as we know it.". At no time did he claim there was nothing before the Big Bang, just that we don't know what the universe was like before that event. Since matter and energy have never been created nor destroyed, it only changes form, the likelihood is matter and energy have always existed and there is no need for a creator.
Absolutely correct you saved me a lot typing.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is paying me. Where do I sign up?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can make an argument, considering we can view natural processes in the universe operating without divine intervention, we see new forms of life evolving without divine intervention. You are saying the only way someone can argue your claim of god is if they believe in god that's absurd. Your also saying atheists need a super universe (which is not true) but such a universe cant be confirmed, but then you turn around and present a super natural being who exists outside of space and time. How do you not see the hypocrisy in that argument your demanding absolute proof for scientist for you to believe them but you blindly believe in a supernatural being.
I didn't say or imply any of the things you attributed to me.

You're attacking your own straw men instead of dealing with the scientific fact that until the Big Bang happened there was no universe, no time, no gravity, and no cause and effect.

BTW I don't believe God is a "supernatural being".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••