Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Thinking

York, UK

#12659 Jul 1, 2013
I don't threaten people.
You do.

So good luck with that, ill educated twot.
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported to the proper authorities.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#12660 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I don't threaten people.
You do.

So good luck with that, ill educated twot.
Jail time.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12661 Jul 1, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Jail time.
Well go back then.

Location hidden

#12662 Jul 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Well go back then.
Awe, Stalin Jr at his best.
Thinking

York, UK

#12664 Jul 1, 2013
Another empty threat from another empty religitard... calm down, dear.
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Jail time.

Location hidden

#12665 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Another empty threat from another empty religitard... calm down, dear.
Lol! We shall see.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#12668 Jul 1, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
I think atheism will replace religion, but i'd say not in the next 200 years so its pretty futile, I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist politician that's genius
I'm not sure. People want to believe in something. Religion is a belief system or systematized belief. People may reject religion yet still believe in a supernatural or supreme being. Atheism is total rejection of any God head or supreme being. I thing atheist will always be a small group. People congregate together with other similar people. This is why religion is successful.
Thinking

York, UK

#12669 Jul 1, 2013
If you are truly laughing out loud, then there are mental health professionals who may be able to help you.
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! We shall see.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#12670 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If you are truly laughing out loud, then there are mental health professionals who may be able to help you.
<quoted text>
On the other hand, your obsession with little girls "pissflaps" is a symptom of a disease called pedophilia which is incurable and NO mental health professionals can help you, bubba.
Thinking

York, UK

#12671 Jul 1, 2013
Whilst muslims keep on cutting little girls, I see no reason to let muslims forget how that makes them look to the civilised world.

Community cohesion? Genital adhesion, more like.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, your obsession with little girls "pissflaps" is a symptom of a disease called pedophilia which is incurable and NO mental health professionals can help you, bubba.

Location hidden

#12672 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>If you are truly laughing out loud, then there are mental health professionals who may be able to help you.
You can go attend your sessions now. Good luck!

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#12673 Jul 1, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure. People want to believe in something. Religion is a belief system or systematized belief. People may reject religion yet still believe in a supernatural or supreme being. Atheism is total rejection of any God head or supreme being. I thing atheist will always be a small group. People congregate together with other similar people. This is why religion is successful.
How do you know people want to believe something? What about just going to hang out with friends or make connections?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#12674 Jul 1, 2013
I think I'll just talk to myself.

United States of America

#12675 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Whilst muslims keep on cutting little girls, I see no reason to let muslims forget how that makes them look to the civilised world.
Community cohesion? Genital adhesion, more like.
<quoted text>
Here's almost 40,000 links saying all you pathetic atheist Jew perverts who are shilling for Israeli shekels have been LYING in each and every post in which you’ve claimed FGM is "a muslim thing", bubba.

http://www.google.com/search...

United States of America

#12676 Jul 1, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go attend your sessions now. Good luck!
I noticed the Topix monitor has been deleting his filthy posts. He's such a pathetic loser....

Location hidden

#12677 Jul 1, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed the Topix monitor has been deleting his filthy posts. He's such a pathetic loser....
Yep!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12678 Jul 2, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe, Stalin Jr at his best.
Atheism = lack of belief in god and NOT mass murder as Creationist Liars would want you to believe.

Since: May 11

UK

#12679 Jul 2, 2013
The prophet does not like dancing in the rain...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pakis...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#12683 Jul 2, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the fact that atheists are depressed bigots.
In the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is ... depressed. I can see that. That makes sense. When you take that one eye and look around at how hopelessly mired, totally inundated, helplessly entangled, suffocatingly encased, inextricably entombed in religious crapola we all are ... it's depressing.

You missed the boat with the "bigot" thing though. I can see myself as a bigot, given my Christian upbringing here in the proverbial Bible Belt, the SOUTH, the Redneck Wonderland ... but my brethren Atheist/Agnostic/Free Thinking/Secular Humanist/Fire Breathing Liberal posters ... not so much.

I come here to breath. It's entertaining, but it's also the only place I go and say what I think, not what someone else says I ought to think. I'm sure there's other places on the Internet to do this, but I picked this one. Excuse me for breathing.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#12684 Jul 2, 2013
To: Topix Technical Administrator
Fm: RHill
Subj: Annoying Advertisements

Hello.

I know you guys (and gals!) just wanna make a buck. I know 'advertising' is about the only way to finance a 'free service' such as Topix. I know it don't come easy. I feel for you. I really do.

However ...

You've let the 'pop up' and 'roll over' giant adverts get out of hand. I've noticed some of them appear 'targeted' as if you are being less than honest about preserving our privacy. I mean, come on ... full screen penis size reduction ads? Chest hair removers? Anti-libido creams? Gimme a break already.

Look ...

We like you. Tone it down a bit, okay? That's all ... just turn it down a notch.

Thanks!

RHill

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 min CunningLinguist 22,018
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 7 min Patrick 180
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Patrick 227,374
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 1 hr Patrick 41
Stump a theist with 2 questions 5 hr Thinking 15
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 6 hr Thinking 69
The Ultimate Evidence of God 13 hr sriKim 120
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••