Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#12411 Jun 26, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
Is this thread over now?
Nope!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#12412 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought what you said was ridiculous, you mangy atheist.
Aw, how sweet.

You are, entitled to your opinion, even if you did need me to give you the words to use. We both know that "mangy" was a boon to your ability to reply.

Just keep watching, there is no telling how many replies I will be able to help you formulate. I will provide the subjective words, and you tack on the descriptors, like hate or disgusting.

Earth,TX

#12413 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You must love to see kids grow up thinking that violence and hate is the norm, afterall, we now see the 2nd generation of kids raised up since 1963, in thinking there is no God. We have pricks like you to blame for the rampant violence across the country . I spit in the faces of atheists when I see them.
Quit doing that to babies.

Earth,TX

#12414 Jun 26, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a hook up to me.
Does it? You must have some strange habits.

Earth,TX

#12415 Jun 26, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope Lacez likes old wrinkly people.
That wouldn't be at all, a bad thing.

http://images.fastcompany.com/upload/brain2.j...

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#12416 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is not going to be replaced as long as we continue to expose how wicked and evil you are.
You cherish wickedness and you detest goodness and righteous behavior and that is your motivation to fight Christians. Atheist cowards like yourself fight to keep our society in a state of emotional bankruptcy and your atheist agenda needs to not only be abolished but punished so that it's ugly head never comes up again.
We adore and embrace that which is right and wholesome and this goes against your brain sick philosophy of atheism.
I have trying to work out how I am wicked then I realized I am wicked because I do not abuse little girls by mutilating their genitalia or rape them by marrying 12 year olds nor do I murder them by stoning them to death.

Yes you are right I am very sick.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#12417 Jun 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
How could I misrepresent what you wrote when clearly I cut and pasted EXACTLY what you wrote: "....you can get the same thing by taking a high enough dose of psychedelics. Your choice: LSD, mushrooms, etc."
And, again, you can drop all the acid and munch all the shrooms you want but no drugs will ever change you from the ignorant atheist loser you are into an Einstein or a Ramanujan.
You are not familiar with the concept of sarcasm are you.... Oh that's to understand sarcasm you actually have to be intelligent.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#12418 Jun 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes. The old lie-with-a-grain-of-truth trick.
Atheists kill BECAUSE of a lack of belief in God. Atheist dictators just do a lot more killing than the average garden variety atheist.
Christian dictators and kings killed because of their belief in a god.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#12419 Jun 27, 2013
Not me. The one in GA, you mean?

Why do muslims still cut the pissflaps out of little girls? Fact.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI the poster known as "Thinking" is an atheist Jew pervert who works as an "internet warrior" for the Israeli government. His job is to post salacious and slanderous lies about Muslims.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#12420 Jun 27, 2013
You're deluded.

Violence is going down, as is religion in most of the West.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You must love to see kids grow up thinking that violence and hate is the norm, afterall, we now see the 2nd generation of kids raised up since 1963, in thinking there is no God. We have pricks like you to blame for the rampant violence across the country . I spit in the faces of atheists when I see them.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#12421 Jun 27, 2013
You want to drown infants but think others are going to hell? Wow lol!
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>Says the person going to Hell.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#12422 Jun 27, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>Says the person going to Hell.
Sorry, I can't go to a place that doesn't exist.

I don't feel like traveling anytime soon anyway, and if I did, I'd probably go to England or something.

Montreal

#12423 Jun 27, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>You must love to see kids grow up thinking that violence and hate is the norm, afterall, we now see the 2nd generation of kids raised up since 1963, in thinking there is no God. We have pricks like you to blame for the rampant violence across the country . I spit in the faces of atheists when I see them.
Huh?
The only violence and hate I've seen around have been caused by people like you.
What's loving about wishing eternal burning in an imaginary place on someone?

Montreal

#12424 Jun 27, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>Which explains why atrocities and crime is on the increase...Your atheism is to blame for that. I have 45 years of personal experience to know that atheism is the sole reason for the demise of America. In fact, every great nation has collapsed painfully due to atheism...EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Cram your atheism back up your sweaty ass, you demoralized atheist.
Nothing is worse than your god, who supposedly killed everyone on the planet save for 7 people.

Montreal

#12425 Jun 27, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it's understood, you lack intelligence.
Which verse is that in?

Montreal

#12426 Jun 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That wouldn't be at all, a bad thing.

Bahaha!
That's the main attraction.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#12427 Jun 27, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Which explains why atrocities and crime is on the increase...Your atheism is to blame for that. I have 45 years of personal experience to know that atheism is the sole reason for the demise of America. In fact, every great nation has collapsed painfully due to atheism...EVERY ONE OF THEM.
Cram your atheism back up your sweaty ass, you demoralized atheist.
People are rejecting your hatred and bigotry and realizing that *true* morality doesn't come from religion, but from simple human compassion. That is why DOMA and Prop 8 were struck down yesterday and why people accept that gays should be able to marry because their love is just as valid as anyone else's.

The actual crime statistics contradict your claims about the increase in violence. You also forget than many types of violence were unreported in 1963, such as the violent racism of the south.

America was founded as a secular society where the government is neutral about religions: it neither helps nor hinders them. There has never been a religious test for becoming a government official because that is actually part of the constitution.

Location hidden

#12428 Jun 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That wouldn't be at all, a bad thing.

No, you are more like this.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_y...

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#12429 Jun 27, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin
Hitler the Christian ... so what?

Location hidden

#12430 Jun 27, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler the Christian ... so what?
Well these people are considered atheist:

Alfred Kinsey
Napoleon Bonaparte
Than Shwe
Kim Jong Il
Jeffrey Dahmer
Jim Jones
Benito Mussolini
Mao Zedong
Pol Pot
Joseph Stalin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr superwilly 258,479
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 - 32,252
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr Science 854
Religion sux ? 3 hr Eagle 12 - 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Science 77,044
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 10 hr Dogen 4,321
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) 22 hr Frindly 291
More from around the web