Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 20 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#12351 Jun 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is exactly the opposite of what I was attempting to say.
You bashed Yoga exercises in favor of dropping acid or munching shrooms, bubba.

You said: "....you can get the same thing by taking a high enough dose of psychedelics. Your choice: LSD, mushrooms, etc."

Go for it, bubba!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12352 Jun 26, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez, like atheist didnt kill anyone.
Nobody has ever killed in the name of lack of belief in god.

That is what atheism is, I am educating you educated what.

Location hidden

#12353 Jun 26, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I think religion is important and it should be taught in schools. We already have a moment of silence and God in our pledge so what makes you think we are stopping there? Theists are now fighting atheists and the state of Texas is on the right track.
Religion is important and should be taught as part of cult awareness and history.

Moments of silence should not be stopped unless they are under the umbrella of cult, such as creationism.

Location hidden

#12354 Jun 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: "....you can get the same thing by taking a high enough dose of psychedelics. Your choice: LSD, mushrooms, etc."
Go for it, bubba!
The liar with no proof of god keeps on talking and trying to find something to argue with.

Why are you here? go back to your cult because you are brainwashed to believe they have the answer.

Location hidden

#12355 Jun 26, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental illness this and mental ill was that. You are the one with mental illness because you are so concerned about theists.
I'll repeat that for you as it has speacial significance to you: Its easier and more comforting for theists egos to tell themselves that they are having a spiritual experience, instead of recognising that they are suffering the symptoms of a mental illness. After all many theists belief that mental illnesses are negative and cannot make you feel good. Of course this is precisely the symptom of the mental illness of faith - you can feel great & be totally out of your mind.

Location hidden

#12356 Jun 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a shame if future generations forget the bloody genocides of the 20th century when atheist dictators
Look how you stuff your replies with creationist lies - nobody has ever killed in the name of atheism - a lack of belief in god.

Nowehere in the definition does it say we must commit mass murder.

You're liars that can't answer for your made up god. You need to lie about atheists now to excuse your bulls*t.

Atheists converted: 0

Location hidden

#12357 Jun 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Go for it, bubba!
"Gott mit uns" "God is with us."

"I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so."
— Adolf Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."
— Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, p. 46

"I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Almighty Creator. By fighting the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work."
— Adolf Hitler, ibid. p. 65

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#12359 Jun 26, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I think religion is important and it should be taught in schools. We already have a moment of silence and God in our pledge so what makes you think we are stopping there? Theists are now fighting atheists and the state of Texas is on the right track.
You will get your wish on that. Because of it's pervasive nature, religion spreads like mange on poorly nourished canines. It will invade some school districts in the US, but the religion will be Islam, and it will serve as a wake-up call to the fools who today tried and failed to stomp over women's rights in Texas.

Unless you have the money to leave the state, or you are personal friends with a physician who will perform the procedure, and then bill your insurance company for acne treatments, it is going to be the religitard's daughters who will die in back alleys. It will be the religitards daughters who will bring forth more bastards doomed to hell, and it is the religitard's daughters who will not have treatable conditions cared for because a few total azzwipes feel that they have the right to null and void, the rest of our opinions.

BTW: The abortion issue is programmed to fail, and it's failure is programmed by the very ones who push for it's success.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#12360 Jun 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
01 Many millions of Jewish folk live here. As do Muslims. I will be forever grateful (to what or to whom I do not know) that the vast majority of these people prefer to live in their own countries. Squabbles over who 'belongs' where can be settled through rational discourse or with the sword. Either way, just settle it please, so we can all move on.
02 We atheists test gods all the time. They fail. Resoundingly. Worship involves keeping you occupied and distracted while the powers-that-be enjoy their lives more fully. It is a tool of your subjugation and benefits no one but your masters.
03 I do not have a "Creator" beyond my mother and father. Nor do you. No one who has ever lived has actually communicated with a "Creator" being. None such exists. Now, I want you to think about this ... can you admit that everything you know about your "Creator" was taught you by other Human Beings? What might their motives be? Do you trust them? Even Jesus said "Render onto Caesar" in Earthly matters while preaching compliance and "turn the other cheek". Who did this serve? The Jews? Their conquerors? Does the Qur'an offer similar advice?
04 Well then ... we agree! We should not waste our short lives in idle pursuits. Safe to say, worshiping non-existent deities is an extremely idle pursuit!! Our lives are short and often harsh ... what idle time we have, we spend in imagining better worlds. These imaginings become mythologies that become religions. No mystery here.
Do you have "Google" (silly question, of course you do!). Google 'nature' and some very useful sites jump out trying to inform you! It's almost miraculous. I like this one from Dictionary.com :
na·ture [ney-cher] noun
1. the material world, especially as surrounding humankind and existing independently of human activities.
2. the natural world as it exists without human beings or civilization.
3. the elements of the natural world, as mountains, trees, animals, or rivers.
4. natural scenery.
5. the universe, with all its phenomena.
1. People living in a country and people having a separate country of their own are two different things altogether. If all the Jews are brought to USA and a portion of land be given to them, It would make a lot of peace into the world.

2. Your parents were not your Creator, they were only means of you coming into the world. They even did not know when were you conceived. They had no choice as to which of the male sperm will mate with female eggs.

It is strane after knowing so much you make such childish remarks. Your Creator is the one, who created your parents and their parents...

3. This definition of "nature" is not complete, there is no answer as to how it came into being and did it all came by itslef.

You try to answer questions, but stop at a point and start looking in another direction.
Thinking

London, UK

#12362 Jun 26, 2013
Why do muslims still hack the pissflaps out of little girls?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. People living in a country and people having a separate country of their own are two different things altogether. If all the Jews are brought to USA and a portion of land be given to them, It would make a lot of peace into the world.
2. Your parents were not your Creator, they were only means of you coming into the world. They even did not know when were you conceived. They had no choice as to which of the male sperm will mate with female eggs.
It is strane after knowing so much you make such childish remarks. Your Creator is the one, who created your parents and their parents...
3. This definition of "nature" is not complete, there is no answer as to how it came into being and did it all came by itslef.
You try to answer questions, but stop at a point and start looking in another direction.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#12363 Jun 26, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You will get your wish on that. Because of it's pervasive nature, religion spreads like mange on poorly nourished canines. It will invade some school districts in the US, but the religion will be Islam, and it will serve as a wake-up call to the fools who today tried and failed to stomp over women's rights in Texas.

Unless you have the money to leave the state, or you are personal friends with a physician who will perform the procedure, and then bill your insurance company for acne treatments, it is going to be the religitard's daughters who will die in back alleys. It will be the religitards daughters who will bring forth more bastards doomed to hell, and it is the religitard's daughters who will not have treatable conditions cared for because a few total azzwipes feel that they have the right to null and void, the rest of our opinions.

BTW: The abortion issue is programmed to fail, and it's failure is programmed by the very ones who push for it's success.
This is why I love your comments.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#12364 Jun 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Go for it, bubba!
No, I pointed out that *all* spiritual experiences are based in our chemical nature. So they do not show the existence of a supernatural. I did not 'bash' yoga in favor of drugs. I pointed out that yoga and prayer are just another drug.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#12365 Jun 26, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
And *this* is why we cannot simply ignore theists. They are attempting to set up a theocracy in place of our proper secular government.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#12367 Jun 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has ever killed in the name of lack of belief in god.

That is what atheism is, I am educating you educated what.
Your father Stalin did.

Location hidden

#12368 Jun 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is important and should be taught as part of cult awareness and history.

Moments of silence should not be stopped unless they are under the umbrella of cult, such as creationism.
Yeah but you are in England tending your sheep. Leave the education to us.

Location hidden

#12370 Jun 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>I'll repeat that for you as it has speacial significance to you: Its easier and more comforting for theists egos to tell themselves that they are having a spiritual experience, instead of recognising that they are suffering the symptoms of a mental illness. After all many theists belief that mental illnesses are negative and cannot make you feel good. Of course this is precisely the symptom of the mental illness of faith - you can feel great & be totally out of your mind.
Faith is what you lack. Observe you pathetic life and see how happy you really are.

Location hidden

#12374 Jun 26, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You will get your wish on that. Because of it's pervasive nature, religion spreads like mange on poorly nourished canines. It will invade some school districts in the US, but the religion will be Islam, and it will serve as a wake-up call to the fools who today tried and failed to stomp over women's rights in Texas.

Thanks for your opinions, but I didn't ask. It will be a chain reaction, I am sure other states will follow. Atheism is like the swine flu and we need to vaccinate that. The abortion issue will die in the senate. But the Merry Christmas law didnt die at all.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/14/pe...

Location hidden

#12375 Jun 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>This is why I love your comments.
Because you can't think for yourself.

Location hidden

#12376 Jun 26, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And *this* is why we cannot simply ignore theists. They are attempting to set up a theocracy in place of our proper secular government.
Hopefully a chain reaction will occur with other states.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#12377 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is not going to be replaced as long as we continue to expose how wicked and evil you are.
You cherish wickedness and you detest goodness and righteous behavior and that is your motivation to fight Christians. Atheist cowards like yourself fight to keep our society in a state of emotional bankruptcy and your atheist agenda needs to not only be abolished but punished so that it's ugly head never comes up again.
We adore and embrace that which is right and wholesome and this goes against your brain sick philosophy of atheism.
On the contrary, the hypocrisy and and lack of basic compassion in many religious people is part of why atheism is on the increase. Our basis for morality is simple human compassion. And that is far, far better than attempting to discern the desires of some mythical sky-daddy.

You like to point to egomaniacs like Hitler (a theist) and Stalin (a tyrant), who are far from being representative of atheists. Instead, look at other secular societies where the majority of people are atheists (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland). They almost uniformly have higher standards of living, better health care, lower poverty, and are generally happier than people in the US.

When we learn to based our morality on humanism instead of religion, we will have made a HUGE step forward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Uncle Sam 238,337
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Chimney1 18,851
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 22 hr Amused 25
News Confessions of a black atheist 22 hr thetruth 465
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Sun thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sun thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism Sat Koala_Gums 1,340
More from around the web