Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#12295 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand what it means, but it grows like wild fire amongst atheists.
So "educational barrier" is just those questions that you have no answers for? Got cha.

And you are right, they will just keep coming.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#12296 Jun 24, 2013
Your own Muslims can't even get along with each other how can they possibly be peaceful with others?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>How can "science" take the place of religion?

How can "science" decide what is the purpose of human life on this earth?

How can "Science" decide what happens to you once you die?

How can "science" determine which poetry, novel or Music is better than another?

I think you do not know the "Limits" of science otherwise you would not have made that statement.

Most people do not know the "Limitation" of science and make Non Scientific statements like this.

Actually there is no confrontation between Science and religion. They are supposed to help each other, it is zealots on both sides who have pitted one against the other.

Science is only dealing with study of "material" part of nature and forces and things happening around us. It only deals with the question "How"?

It does not deal with the question "Why"? And just knowing How is half the solution!!

It is religions which supply the other half of answer.

I am sure a time is coming (when the present madness is over) when religions and science will become a partner and a reign of peace and reasonability shall come on earth.

The day is not very far.

Meanwhile the Atheists and religionalists are at each others throats!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#12297 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin did worse
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Madalyn Murray O'Hair committed no murders, nary a single one.

Who is Stalin?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#12298 Jun 24, 2013
RH wrote:
01. ed to be amazed, traveling in your region, about how much you guys hated, feared and ... respected ... Israel. It's funny in a way, except for a few minor details y'all are virtually indistinguishable. What's really amazing is how stupid humans can be.

02.'s a question for ya. If Allah is so powerful and the US and Israel so despicable and you Muslims such good worshipers ... why don't your buddy Allah just erase it all for you? He could do it standing on his head! It'd be easy, like clearing his throat. If he's so powerful and wonderful ... why does he have to have his 'chosen ones' down here splattering their blood and guts all over the landscape? Doesn't it make you wonder, not even a little bit, if perhaps this 'worshiping Allah' strategy might be a little flawed?? Like maybe it's time to stand up and say "Look Fellas, all this Allah worship has done is put calluses on my knees and forehead! Let's try something else!"

Like I said ... it's amazing how stupid humans can be.

03. I get to decide which music and poetry I like. It's called freedom. If science or religion or your Grand Poobah is telling you what is 'better'... that's called tyranny.

04. Yeah. We have limited life spans. Sucks. Doesn't seem fair. That's why we invent lavish mythologies to grant ourselves that which Nature denies.

Like I said ...
Ans.

01. Why you blame Muslims for having this hate and love relationships with Jews? How you treated them during most part of last 2000 years?

And if you have found so much "love" for them, why not settle them in USA?

It is a big country and many "postage stamp" like Isreal can be found there. That would solve a major headache for every one, will it not.

02. Yes Allah can eliminate all Jews in a flash, if He wants to.

But it is test for both Muslims and Jews!!

Allah's worship is not only to put mark on your knees and forehead, this is small part of it. Worship is a complete system and involves all walks of life.

You are right, how stupid humans can be, seeing the light and closing their eyes and be happy to walk in the darkness.

03. Yes you have freedom to choose while you are on this earth , but would have to answer for the choices you make in the hereafter. I do not know , you can live in any country, while "somebody" not telling you "what you must do.

You pay your taxes and rates thru your nose, even if you do not like it!!

Why you grudge when your Creator asks you to do some thing.

04. Yes my brother, it is a pity that we have limited life span, that is all the reasons we should make correct choices!!

Why would people have to "invent" these mythologies?

And lastly my dear brother, what is "nature"?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#12299 Jun 24, 2013
Perhaps when Muslims stop slaughtering each other you will have room to criticize others.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

01. Why you blame Muslims for having this hate and love relationships with Jews? How you treated them during most part of last 2000 years?

It is a big country and many "postage stamp" like Isreal can be found there. That would solve a major headache for every one, will it not.

Allah's worship is not only to put mark on your knees and forehead, this is small part of it. Worship is a complete system and involves all walks of life.

You are right, how stupid humans can be, seeing the light and closing their eyes and be happy to walk in the darkness.

03. Yes you have freedom to choose while you are on this earth , but would have to answer for the choices you make in the hereafter. I do not know , you can live in any country, while "somebody" not telling you "what you must do.

04. Yes my brother, it is a pity that we have limited life span, that is all the reasons we should make correct choices!!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#12300 Jun 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence barrier.
I'm sorry the discussion is over your head. Yes, lack of intelligence is a barrier to good discussion. You seem to think that everything should be understood with no work. That is simply silliness.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

#12301 Jun 24, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that it has been explained to you several hundred times, and in that you choose to pretend that you do not understand it, only gives me more opportunity to show the lurkers, what atheism really is, and it also gives me repeated chances to point out your prevarications.

Let's pretend. This is how you should look at atheism, because this is the truth about it. Taking the word of those atheist who live their lives free of any form of theism, is the only one's words you should take for what it truly is.

So, If theism is an orange, then atheism is no orange.
If theism is a car, then atheism is no car.
If theism, is a security blanket, then atheism is no blanket.

Your speaking for Sceptic is pure bullshit.
Same agenda as Stalin.

Location hidden

#12302 Jun 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly and Stalin spent a fortune renovating and building churches for his cherished Russian Orthodox Church.
Stalin also destroyed many and it's people because he became atheist.

Location hidden

#12303 Jun 24, 2013
<quoted text>So "educational barrier" is just those questions that you have no answers for? Got cha.

And you are right, they will just keep coming.
Lack of understanding again. Keep assuming

Location hidden

#12304 Jun 24, 2013
<quoted text>Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Madalyn Murray O'Hair committed no murders, nary a single one.

Who is Stalin?
Easy, a murderer who was an atheist.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#12305 Jun 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01 Many millions of Jewish folk live here. As do Muslims. I will be forever grateful (to what or to whom I do not know) that the vast majority of these people prefer to live in their own countries. Squabbles over who 'belongs' where can be settled through rational discourse or with the sword. Either way, just settle it please, so we can all move on.

02 We atheists test gods all the time. They fail. Resoundingly. Worship involves keeping you occupied and distracted while the powers-that-be enjoy their lives more fully. It is a tool of your subjugation and benefits no one but your masters.

03 I do not have a "Creator" beyond my mother and father. Nor do you. No one who has ever lived has actually communicated with a "Creator" being. None such exists. Now, I want you to think about this ... can you admit that everything you know about your "Creator" was taught you by other Human Beings? What might their motives be? Do you trust them? Even Jesus said "Render onto Caesar" in Earthly matters while preaching compliance and "turn the other cheek". Who did this serve? The Jews? Their conquerors? Does the Qur'an offer similar advice?

04 Well then ... we agree! We should not waste our short lives in idle pursuits. Safe to say, worshiping non-existent deities is an extremely idle pursuit!! Our lives are short and often harsh ... what idle time we have, we spend in imagining better worlds. These imaginings become mythologies that become religions. No mystery here.

Do you have "Google" (silly question, of course you do!). Google 'nature' and some very useful sites jump out trying to inform you! It's almost miraculous. I like this one from Dictionary.com :

na·ture [ney-cher] noun

1. the material world, especially as surrounding humankind and existing independently of human activities.
2. the natural world as it exists without human beings or civilization.
3. the elements of the natural world, as mountains, trees, animals, or rivers.
4. natural scenery.
5. the universe, with all its phenomena.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#12306 Jun 24, 2013
Now this definition of 'nature' from Merriam-Webster is frightening and illustrative of how insidious godbots can be.

Does 2a sound like somebody we know? Are they not defining 'God' there!?!?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOD DOING IN A DEFINITION OF NATURE??

That pisses me off. I'll never refer to Merriam-Webster again and I urge you to do the same.

"1
a : the inherent character or basic constitution of a person or thing : essence
b : disposition, temperament
a : a creative and controlling force in the universe
b : an inner force or the sum of such forces in an individual
: a kind or class usually distinguished by fundamental or essential characteristics <documents of a confidential nature> <acts of a ceremonial nature>
: the physical constitution or drives of an organism; especially : an excretory organ or function —used in phrases like the call of nature
: a spontaneous attitude (as of generosity)
: the external world in its entirety
a : humankind's original or natural condition
b : a simplified mode of life resembling this condition
: the genetically controlled qualities of an organism
: natural scenery"

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#12307 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>So what makes you better than a burger flipper? That shows that you stereotype people. Am I surprised? Of course not! Not stop smoking pot and get it together.
Intelligence barrier again!

Montreal

#12308 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Bong barrier
And yet again, intelligence barrier.

Montreal

#12309 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>You can't make up your mind. Figures. Like I said, I'm sure you are the most honest person in this whole world. We shall call you Honesty or chinga mucho.
Intelligence barrier.

Montreal

#12310 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>It's more of cult.
Intelligence barrier.

Montreal

#12311 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Need friends for support? Can't stand on your own four feet?
Intelligence barrier.

Montreal

#12312 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>But atheists blame all religion for the terrors if the world so I blame all atheism for the terrors Stalin has committed. But I agree about generalizing being that atheists do that all the time.
Intelligence barrier.

Location hidden

#12313 Jun 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Intelligence barrier.
You are correct, you lack intelligence.

Montreal

#12314 Jun 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Again this idiot assumes too much.
Intelligence barrier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 min Into The Night 15,982
A Universe from Nothing? 18 min IB DaMann 54
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 40 min DanFromSmithville 40,435
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr IB DaMann 215
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 255,959
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr Thinking 4,656
News Why I quit atheism 5 hr Nooooo 391
More from around the web