Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
11,441 - 11,460 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
I knew you were stupid but not that stupid, bubba!
I worked seismic exploration in the region for 13 years. The oil companies negotiated the leases with the host country governments. We didn't give a shite if it was a blood thirsty dictator or a good old boy running the place. It was business, not politics. Whatever regime was in power wanted us there. Even their opposition, if any, wanted us there. Most of our clients (the big oil companies) worked out of headquarters in The Hague. Your paranoid fantasies can be filed next to your religious ones.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Isreal was to end today, by tomorrow the process of easing tensions with west would start.
What Muslims do to each other just does not affects you.
What affects you is you one sided support to that Zionist state. And all the "Terror groups", PLO, HAMAS, HEZBOLLAH, Al Qaeda all have their roots in that Zionist state.
So you solve the root cause of the problem and things start going normal. But if root cause of problem is there, there will never by any peace in the region and hence in the world.
9/11 did have a link with that Zionist country!!
I'm offended by violence and the slaughter of innocents regardless who is doing it. So yeah, a village of Sunnis gassing a village of Shites still bothers me. You'll have to explain to me what Israel does to you people that offends you so much. I don't see any Arab countries offering the Palestinians any land to call their own. Nobody wants them. At least Israel tries to co-exist with them. I stick to my original assessment. Your governments need an external enemy to draw attention away from themselves. You will always have a 'Great Satan'.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

On a sneeze, not a prayer, South Bristol eighth-graders launch skiffs/:-)

SOUTH BRISTOL, Maine — One month after Washington, D.C.-based Americans United for Separation of Church and State told South Bristol School that its annual blessing of the fleet violated the First Amendment because it included a prayer, the school’s 65 students, joined by parents, teachers and community members, gathered at Bittersweet Landing on Friday to launch their hand-built skiffs with a different but familiar ceremony.

Peggy Davis, pastor of the Union Congregational Church, spoke as “a community member,” telling the crowd of more than 100 people about the tradition of boat launch ceremonies, where people have gathered for years to name a new boat, launch it into the water and celebrate.

“This is the essence of the tradition,” she said.“The particulars may change with time. Five thousand years ago, part of the tradition was to sacrifice an ox … we don’t do that anymore, but we can still hold the essence of recognizing these new vessels and your successful work, even as we acknowledge that time and political pressures cause change.”

Immediately after Davis’ remarks, South Bristol resident Michael Nyboe, standing atop the trailer that held the two wooden skiffs, let out a great sneeze.

“God bless you,” the crowd roared on cue, then laughed with satisfaction.

In December, South Bristol School Principal Scott White received a letter from Americans United for Separation of Church and State claiming that the traditional blessing of the fleet, held each summer for boats built by eighth-grade students at the Maine Maritime Museum, was unconstitutional because the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution prohibits public schools from sponsoring prayers at events.

The letter was prompted by a complaint from an anonymous community member.

http://bangordailynews.com/slideshow/on-a-sne...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm offended by violence and the slaughter of innocents regardless who is doing it. So yeah, a village of Sunnis gassing a village of Shites still bothers me. You'll have to explain to me what Israel does to you people that offends you so much. I don't see any Arab countries offering the Palestinians any land to call their own. Nobody wants them. At least Israel tries to co-exist with them. I stick to my original assessment. Your governments need an external enemy to draw attention away from themselves. You will always have a 'Great Satan'.
Jews killing Palestinians on regular basis does not affect you?

Why?

What is the difference between the two killings?

As I said, sort the root cause and other things will fit in place automatically.

If you leave the root, and keep on trimming leaves and branches, the tree of violence will grow taller and taller.

That is what the world is seeing for past 60 years since this "evil tree" was planted in the peaceful land of Palestine. A land which had seen no violence for past 1300 years, becomes the "most troubled spot on earth" giving rise to so many extremist organizations.

And what is strange is one sided support that western nations give to it, never any resolution is passed in Security council, all blames are put on the door of Arabs and Zionists are presented as "peaceful doves in danger of extinction" , while in reality they are the real trouble makers, bullies in the land.

You solve this problem and most others will solve by itself.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how atheists are so full of bitterness and anger about a God they think is imaginary.
One would think you could carry on comfortably with your life with your "free-thinking", but our God keeps you worried all the time. That's because you know you are being dishonest with yourself.
Admit it, you're lying.
It is clear you are the one who is lying. You can't have bitterness and anger toward something that does not exist. It is also difficult to worry about something that does not exist.

Silly Christian!

Why do Christians lie so much? Who would want a religion based on lies?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews killing Palestinians on regular basis does not affect you?
Why?
What is the difference between the two killings?
As I said, sort the root cause and other things will fit in place automatically.
If you leave the root, and keep on trimming leaves and branches, the tree of violence will grow taller and taller.
That is what the world is seeing for past 60 years since this "evil tree" was planted in the peaceful land of Palestine. A land which had seen no violence for past 1300 years, becomes the "most troubled spot on earth" giving rise to so many extremist organizations.
And what is strange is one sided support that western nations give to it, never any resolution is passed in Security council, all blames are put on the door of Arabs and Zionists are presented as "peaceful doves in danger of extinction" , while in reality they are the real trouble makers, bullies in the land.
You solve this problem and most others will solve by itself.
Didn't your Prophet invite the Israelites into Islam and get soundly rejected? Isn't THAT the 'root cause'? This crap has been going on for centuries.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do atheists have bitterness and anger towards God, while ignorantly claiming He does not exist?
We simply don't like the way religious people act, how they use their fairy tales to try and threaten, harm, abuse, discriminate, and so on, others.

Being disgusted at the way religious people treat other people has nothing to do with "bitterness and anger" towards a god that doesn't exist.

You speak a fallacy.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Isreal was to end today, by tomorrow the process of easing tensions with west would start.
What affects you is you one sided support to that Zionist state. And all the "Terror groups", PLO, HAMAS, HEZBOLLAH, Al Qaeda all have their roots in that Zionist state.
So you solve the root cause of the problem and things start going normal. But if root cause of problem is there, there will never by any peace in the region and hence in the world.
Start with cleaning your own mess, stop the abuse, rape and murder of little girls caused by that barbaric religion of yours.

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear you are the one who is lying. You can't have bitterness and anger toward something that does not exist. It is also difficult to worry about something that does not exist.
Silly Christian!
Why do Christians lie so much? Who would want a religion based on lies?
Christians lies because their whole religion is a lie. They need their lies to sleep at night.

There's nothing more hateful than an insecure and self-doubting christian.

Long time, Ooogah! How ya been?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how atheists are so full of bitterness and anger about a God they think is imaginary.
One would think you could carry on comfortably with your life with your "free-thinking", but our God keeps you worried all the time. That's because you know you are being dishonest with yourself.
Admit it, you're lying.
Which god there are 30,000 gods, 38,000+ christian sects and 4,000,000,000 hindi gods?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do atheists have bitterness and anger towards God, while ignorantly claiming He does not exist?
If I invented a Sh*t-Monster & I started beliving in the Sh*t-Monster.

When normal people tell me the Sh*t-Monster isn't real, I don't shout:

"HAHA YOU USED THE WORD "SH*T-MONSTER" - THEREFORE SH*T MONSTER IS REAL. HA HA HA HA I AM FIVE YEARS OLD AND F*CKING STUPID." - All Ignorant Creationists

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Sell all the children you want with Allah's blessing.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Silly me I forgot.

It is amazing what you can get away with, with an imaginary friend in your corner.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

So Muslims can't get along with non Muslims is what you are saying?

No wonder the world considers you beasts.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>If Isreal was to end today, by tomorrow the process of easing tensions with west would start.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't your Prophet invite the Israelites into Islam and get soundly rejected? Isn't THAT the 'root cause'? This crap has been going on for centuries.
Soundly rejected ? Yes and then people saw what happened to those people who "Soundly rejected" our prophet, did they not?

The "game" is going on for centuries, yes, our prophet was not like Jesus , who was executed (according to Jews and Christians both) as a petty Criminal.

His job was to "establish" the Kingdom of God on earth which was only "foretold" by Jesus.

He did establish the Kingdom of Heaven on earth, starting with Arabia!!

Palestine which was a peaceful land for most of past 1300 years, has not seen a day of peace since the cursed feet of Zionists touched it in 1917 and never shall see peace, until that evil tree is uprooted and sent from where it came.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

You are insane.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Soundly rejected ? Yes and then people saw what happened to those people who "Soundly rejected" our prophet, did they not?

The "game" is going on for centuries, yes, our prophet was not like Jesus , who was executed (according to Jews and Christians both) as a petty Criminal.

His job was to "establish" the Kingdom of God on earth which was only "foretold" by Jesus.

Palestine which was a peaceful land for most of past 1300 years, has not seen a day of peace since the cursed feet of Zionists touched it in 1917 and never shall see peace, until that evil tree is uprooted and sent from where it came.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Soundly rejected ? Yes and then people saw what happened to those people who "Soundly rejected" our prophet, did they not?
Why do you refuse to denounce islam's abuse, rape and murder of little girls are you afraid?

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Admit it, you're lying.
We would like to live our lives as we wish, but you people are pests seeking to suck the blood out of everyone.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it! So Jesus was really 'just a prophet' whereas Mohammed was the real deal, the one foretold, the true Messiah? And only you Camel Jocks know the truth!! Mohammed, not Jesus, established the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth?!?!? I can see where these beliefs might put y'all at odds with certain people.

Palestine ... so you got no beef with the Egyptians, Canaanites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Ancient Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Crusaders, Ayyubids, Mameluks, Ottomans, British or Jordanians who have been passing the area back and forth for millennia ... just the poor Israelites. Seems to me like the Jews and the Palestinians have a lot in common. They should lay down their arms and embrace each other as Brothers. They have both been victims of a cruel fate. The tattered playthings of childish, scabbling religions. The Jews and the Muslims are the angry, suppurated, open sores of the pox upon Mankind that is called religion ... the root of all evil.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it! So Jesus was really 'just a prophet' whereas Mohammed was the real deal, the one foretold, the true Messiah? And only you Camel Jocks know the truth!! Mohammed, not Jesus, established the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth?!?!? I can see where these beliefs might put y'all at odds with certain people.
Palestine ... so you got no beef with the Egyptians, Canaanites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Ancient Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Crusaders, Ayyubids, Mameluks, Ottomans, British or Jordanians who have been passing the area back and forth for millennia ... just the poor Israelites. Seems to me like the Jews and the Palestinians have a lot in common. They should lay down their arms and embrace each other as Brothers. They have both been victims of a cruel fate. The tattered playthings of childish, scabbling religions. The Jews and the Muslims are the angry, suppurated, open sores of the pox upon Mankind that is called religion ... the root of all evil.
Well done!

Religion is a disease. It is born of fear; it compensates through hate in the guise of authority, revelation. Religion, enthroned in a powerful social organization, can become incredibly sadistic. No religion has been more cruel than the Christian. However, the Muslims are desperately trying to 'catch uo'!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is bitterness and hatred, which I doubt, that is just another unsubstantiated Christain claim <lie>, it would be directed toward the willfully ignorant and stupid, like yourself, not at something that does not exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••