Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#11861 Jun 15, 2013
Because Allah approves
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you support the islamic abuse, rape and murder of little girls?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#11862 Jun 15, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
*All* religions are man-made; they do not just spontaneously appear from the ether to possess the believer.
Christianity is just one of thousands of man-made religions.
While it's true that Judaism was astro-turfed by a Persian emperor and Catholicism was astroturfed by a Roman emperor, both for the purpose of controlling regional populations, many religions have appeared like Buddhism or Quakerism after their founders had spontaneous revelations from the "ether".

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#11863 Jun 15, 2013
And Islam was suicide bombed by it's own members.

Allah licks sh!t.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>While it's true that Judaism was astro-turfed by a Persian emperor and Catholicism was astroturfed by a Roman emperor, both for the purpose of controlling regional populations, many religions have appeared like Buddhism or Quakerism after their founders had spontaneous revelations from the "ether".

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#11864 Jun 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because Allah approves
<quoted text>
Silly me I forgot.

It is amazing what you can get away with, with an imaginary friend in your corner.

United States of America

#11865 Jun 15, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you support the islamic abuse, rape and murder of little girls?
How much do the lying, thieving, murdering Israeli zionazis pay you shills-for-shekels to rant about Islam on Topix. anyway? Hmmmmmm.....?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#11866 Jun 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
How much do the lying, thieving, murdering Israeli zionazis pay you shills-for-shekels to rant about Islam on Topix. anyway? Hmmmmmm.....?
Why will you not condemn the barbaric way your religion treats little girls?

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#11867 Jun 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
While it's true that Judaism was astro-turfed by a Persian emperor and Catholicism was astroturfed by a Roman emperor, both for the purpose of controlling regional populations, many religions have appeared like Buddhism or Quakerism after their founders had spontaneous revelations from the "ether".
Buddhism was started by a person, or persons. Quakerism was started by Quakers. See? These ideas, concepts, what you will, are all man-made, and not having sprung from the ether.

United States of America

#11868 Jun 15, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why will you not condemn the barbaric way your religion treats little girls?
I am not now nor have I ever been a Jew, bubba.

United States of America

#11869 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Buddhism was started by a person, or persons. Quakerism was started by Quakers. See? These ideas, concepts, what you will, are all man-made, and not having sprung from the ether.
Indeed. I do see, bubba. I see that you are way too ignorant about the world's religions and the "ether" to discuss anything about them.

#11870 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. I do see, bubba. I see that you are way too ignorant about the world's religions and the "ether" to discuss anything about them.
"Bubba?" (*shrug*)

Are you angry at me because I proved you wrong? Are you saying your "god" created religions?

#11871 Jun 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do religions come from, if not from men? Enlighten me with your vast knowledge on the subject.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#11872 Jun 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not now nor have I ever been a Jew, bubba.
I never said you were did I.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#11873 Jun 15, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unfortunate because it forces us to have to deal with unsavory regimes. By dealing with them, we are supporting them. It should be noted that oil companies are commercial enterprises and not political ones. If Israel were to disappear tomorrow, nothing would change. The Shites and the Sunnis would still want to kill each other, we would still be Infidels and your ridiculous governments would simply find another Straw Boogeyman to frighten and distract you with. Frankly, I get the Torah and the Qur'an mixed up all the time. You're all just a bunch of religious whackos who keep themselves on the world stage only by virtue of the intensity of your insanity.
If Isreal was to end today, by tomorrow the process of easing tensions with west would start.

What Muslims do to each other just does not affects you.

What affects you is you one sided support to that Zionist state. And all the "Terror groups", PLO, HAMAS, HEZBOLLAH, Al Qaeda all have their roots in that Zionist state.

So you solve the root cause of the problem and things start going normal. But if root cause of problem is there, there will never by any peace in the region and hence in the world.

9/11 did have a link with that Zionist country!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#11874 Jun 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
I knew you were stupid but not that stupid, bubba!
I worked seismic exploration in the region for 13 years. The oil companies negotiated the leases with the host country governments. We didn't give a shite if it was a blood thirsty dictator or a good old boy running the place. It was business, not politics. Whatever regime was in power wanted us there. Even their opposition, if any, wanted us there. Most of our clients (the big oil companies) worked out of headquarters in The Hague. Your paranoid fantasies can be filed next to your religious ones.

Texas, USA

#11875 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Isreal was to end today, by tomorrow the process of easing tensions with west would start.
What Muslims do to each other just does not affects you.
What affects you is you one sided support to that Zionist state. And all the "Terror groups", PLO, HAMAS, HEZBOLLAH, Al Qaeda all have their roots in that Zionist state.
So you solve the root cause of the problem and things start going normal. But if root cause of problem is there, there will never by any peace in the region and hence in the world.
9/11 did have a link with that Zionist country!!
I'm offended by violence and the slaughter of innocents regardless who is doing it. So yeah, a village of Sunnis gassing a village of Shites still bothers me. You'll have to explain to me what Israel does to you people that offends you so much. I don't see any Arab countries offering the Palestinians any land to call their own. Nobody wants them. At least Israel tries to co-exist with them. I stick to my original assessment. Your governments need an external enemy to draw attention away from themselves. You will always have a 'Great Satan'.
Lincoln

United States

#11876 Jun 15, 2013
On a sneeze, not a prayer, South Bristol eighth-graders launch skiffs/:-)

SOUTH BRISTOL, Maine — One month after Washington, D.C.-based Americans United for Separation of Church and State told South Bristol School that its annual blessing of the fleet violated the First Amendment because it included a prayer, the school’s 65 students, joined by parents, teachers and community members, gathered at Bittersweet Landing on Friday to launch their hand-built skiffs with a different but familiar ceremony.

Peggy Davis, pastor of the Union Congregational Church, spoke as “a community member,” telling the crowd of more than 100 people about the tradition of boat launch ceremonies, where people have gathered for years to name a new boat, launch it into the water and celebrate.

“This is the essence of the tradition,” she said.“The particulars may change with time. Five thousand years ago, part of the tradition was to sacrifice an ox … we don’t do that anymore, but we can still hold the essence of recognizing these new vessels and your successful work, even as we acknowledge that time and political pressures cause change.”

Immediately after Davis’ remarks, South Bristol resident Michael Nyboe, standing atop the trailer that held the two wooden skiffs, let out a great sneeze.

“God bless you,” the crowd roared on cue, then laughed with satisfaction.

In December, South Bristol School Principal Scott White received a letter from Americans United for Separation of Church and State claiming that the traditional blessing of the fleet, held each summer for boats built by eighth-grade students at the Maine Maritime Museum, was unconstitutional because the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution prohibits public schools from sponsoring prayers at events.

The letter was prompted by a complaint from an anonymous community member.

http://bangordailynews.com/slideshow/on-a-sne...
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#11878 Jun 15, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm offended by violence and the slaughter of innocents regardless who is doing it. So yeah, a village of Sunnis gassing a village of Shites still bothers me. You'll have to explain to me what Israel does to you people that offends you so much. I don't see any Arab countries offering the Palestinians any land to call their own. Nobody wants them. At least Israel tries to co-exist with them. I stick to my original assessment. Your governments need an external enemy to draw attention away from themselves. You will always have a 'Great Satan'.
Jews killing Palestinians on regular basis does not affect you?

Why?

What is the difference between the two killings?

As I said, sort the root cause and other things will fit in place automatically.

If you leave the root, and keep on trimming leaves and branches, the tree of violence will grow taller and taller.

That is what the world is seeing for past 60 years since this "evil tree" was planted in the peaceful land of Palestine. A land which had seen no violence for past 1300 years, becomes the "most troubled spot on earth" giving rise to so many extremist organizations.

And what is strange is one sided support that western nations give to it, never any resolution is passed in Security council, all blames are put on the door of Arabs and Zionists are presented as "peaceful doves in danger of extinction" , while in reality they are the real trouble makers, bullies in the land.

You solve this problem and most others will solve by itself.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#11879 Jun 15, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how atheists are so full of bitterness and anger about a God they think is imaginary.
One would think you could carry on comfortably with your life with your "free-thinking", but our God keeps you worried all the time. That's because you know you are being dishonest with yourself.
Admit it, you're lying.
It is clear you are the one who is lying. You can't have bitterness and anger toward something that does not exist. It is also difficult to worry about something that does not exist.

Silly Christian!

Why do Christians lie so much? Who would want a religion based on lies?

Texas, USA

#11880 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews killing Palestinians on regular basis does not affect you?
Why?
What is the difference between the two killings?
As I said, sort the root cause and other things will fit in place automatically.
If you leave the root, and keep on trimming leaves and branches, the tree of violence will grow taller and taller.
That is what the world is seeing for past 60 years since this "evil tree" was planted in the peaceful land of Palestine. A land which had seen no violence for past 1300 years, becomes the "most troubled spot on earth" giving rise to so many extremist organizations.
And what is strange is one sided support that western nations give to it, never any resolution is passed in Security council, all blames are put on the door of Arabs and Zionists are presented as "peaceful doves in danger of extinction" , while in reality they are the real trouble makers, bullies in the land.
You solve this problem and most others will solve by itself.
Didn't your Prophet invite the Israelites into Islam and get soundly rejected? Isn't THAT the 'root cause'? This crap has been going on for centuries.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#11882 Jun 15, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do atheists have bitterness and anger towards God, while ignorantly claiming He does not exist?
We simply don't like the way religious people act, how they use their fairy tales to try and threaten, harm, abuse, discriminate, and so on, others.

Being disgusted at the way religious people treat other people has nothing to do with "bitterness and anger" towards a god that doesn't exist.

You speak a fallacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Into The Night 51,349
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 4 min Eagle 12 1,646
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 53 min Eagle 12 11,399
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 22,091
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 24,639
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 7 hr Richardfs 5,788
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr Dogen 460
More from around the web