Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14735 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#11740 Jun 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll want to play another 'word game'.
MUQ is boring, he's too strict on his ignorance.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#11741 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove evolution. What happened before that? Prove I came from a primate.
You didn't just come from a primate. You *are* a primate:

1) Are you made of complex cells with internal organelles? If so, you are a eucaryote.

2) Do your cells have membranes made of lipids rather than walls made from glucosides and are they surrounded by an extracellular matrix composed of collagen and glycoproteins? Then you are an Animal.

3) During embry development, does the blastopore (the first opening) become the anus? Then you are a Deuterostome.

4) Do you have a head, backbone, brain, red blood cells, and kidneys? Then you are a Vertebrate.

5) Are air-breathing, have hair, three ear bones, sweat glands, the ability to regulate internal temperature and specialized teeth? Then you are a Mammal.

6) Do you lack an epi-pubic bone and do females like you have a uterus which produces a placenta during pregnancy? Then you are a placental Mammal.

7) Do you have a collar bone, opposable fingers, a flat nail on fingers and toes, eye sockets made from bone, stereoscopic vision, an enlarged cerebral cortex? Then you are a Primate.

8) Are you tail-less with a narrow nose and downward pointed nostrils, broad rib cage, a fused frontal bone, convoluted cerebral hemispheres, a large brain for his size of mammal, color vision, a lack of tail, and a lack of cheek pouches? Then you are an Ape.

So, yes, if you are human, then you *are* an ape.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#11742 Jun 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Ya he is a bible banging reject who was home schooled.
How do you know? Because you said so?

Location hidden

#11743 Jun 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>He just parrots what they say in church.

Mindless sheep.
How do you know?

Location hidden

#11744 Jun 13, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>Actually wiki DOES contain links to peer reviewed literature. Now, My guess is you don't know that because you're a complete fool.

[QUOTE]
But answer the question, have you done any experiments that proves evolution.
"

yes, I ate my breakfast. As you know, my breakfast is the result of evolution. Why are you having trouble with this?
why do you not know what artificial selection is?

[QUOTE]
I can say that some of the items above are everyday things that occur and not evolution or I can say God gave us everything.
"

Or you could say a pink talking unicorn did it all. Only one of those three options is actually reproducible.

[QUOTE]
So tell me genius, how is evolution affecting us the human species?"

By keeping us fed & medicated.
Seriously - do you really not know about artificial selection at all? for real?

why not?
Evolution is a theory that constantly changing. It's more like a philosophy. You can use all and anything you wish that you have read about, but you personally have not experiment with this.

Location hidden

#11745 Jun 13, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>you mean the one written by a guy pushing a religious agenda, is not submitted for inteligent peer review, is vocal about his religious agenda and and was educated at a religious college?

This is how NOT to do science.

If you can't peer review it, it's not worth looking at.:D
Lol! Material well noted.

Location hidden

#11746 Jun 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>All along I have been speaking out against the abuse, rape and murder of little girls, you on the other hand seem to support these actions.
Look child molester, how can you be sure I support it?

Location hidden

#11747 Jun 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Now this is another great example of where you:-

1 can't read.
or
2. tell lies.

because where did I use the word "all"?
Ok since it's not "all" where do you get the notion that I support this? Is this your new tactic? Do you just lie?

Location hidden

#11748 Jun 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Creationist piece of sh*t to too dumb to understand evolution is already in use across most industries.

Unlike creationist lies.
Blah blah blah.

Location hidden

#11749 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>What happened before your god?
Prove I come from clay.
(All of us have already given you our evidence, you have yet to give any for your claims)
You haven't given evidence. You just give articles of what you have read. You personally just belong to a group and claim yourself something that you know nothing about. Basically you have never done experiments at all or you haven't proven evolution. Keep trying.

Location hidden

#11750 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but I had to come back to life to laugh at it more.

I guess that means I'm Jesus.
Nope. You know you're not laughing. All you are doing is pretending to laugh.

Location hidden

#11751 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>We aren't playing the "educational barrier" with you.
We're showing others how willfully ignorant you are by ignoring all the evidence.

Answer me this simple question:
Why are you denying evolution, a fact that has tons of evidence for it, yet you believe in something that has ZERO evidence for it?
Evidence by who? You? Did you find this evidence?

Location hidden

#11752 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Look to the Middle East.
Tons of people arrange marriages for their 8 year old daughters.
A girl was beaten to death because the "husband" didn't want her anymore.
He got a new "wife" and lived his life, without any legal issues.

All in the name of their god.
So it's my fault that the Government has no laws to prevent this? Do you assume that I support this? Why? Stalin was an atheist and killed many. Did you support this?

Location hidden

#11753 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, if you can't understand the difference between the theory of evolution and evolution, then I don't understand how you don't accidentally kill yourself by drinking bleach when you meant to go to the beach.

Same with the THEORY of gravity.
It is there to explain an ALREADY CONFIRMED thing that exists; gravity.
So you see something and claim it? You haven't found evolution. You have made no such experiments to prove evolution. You just read. So how do you know that what you've read is true?

Location hidden

#11754 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>You are incredibly idiotic.
Wikipedia is a perfectly good start point, for they list all their sources at the bottom of the page.

You didn't even look at the pages because you don't want to know anything about evolution.
You wish to continue to be ignorant and will never look at any of the evidence presented.

There's no point in treating you like an intelligent human being for you obviously are not.
Again, intelligence is a perception that you have about theists because you like to use the social barrier to attempt to feel smarter.

Location hidden

#11755 Jun 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>Let me put this as simply as I can for you.

Religion will be replaced by an absence of religion.
Nope. You only hope this happens. Lol.

Location hidden

#11756 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Because he's a creationist.

We all know about creationists, they're the laughing stock of religious people.
Social barrier

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#11757 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
What evolutionist say is that evolution is a theory that can absorb all new data and take it in and make it part of the theory. When they say that, they are not describing a scientific theory, but a philosophy. What do you think?
I'm going with 'bnzo'... sounds like science to me. Religions, for instance, are philosophical in nature and routinely reject / ignore 'new data'. Dogma is non-absorbent. Calling something a "theory" keeps it from ever becoming dogma.

Texas, USA

#11758 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a theory that constantly changing. It's more like a philosophy. You can use all and anything you wish that you have read about, but you personally have not experiment with this.
Don't you remember the Petri dish, E. Coli cultures and Penicillin wafers 'experiment' raising penicillin resistant bacteria, you did in High School biology? Maybe Home Schooler's don't get to do stuff like that. I went to a couple 'Home Schooler' graduations recently. Sad little parodies of the real thing. Both took place inside CHURCHES!!! It made me very uncomfortable. I have reason to believe that there is a strong correlation between Home Schooling and religious indoctrination. Like as if they go hand-in-hand. Makes me feel sorry for the kids.

Texas, USA

#11759 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't given evidence. You just give articles of what you have read. You personally just belong to a group and claim yourself something that you know nothing about. Basically you have never done experiments at all or you haven't proven evolution. Keep trying.
How can you even use this line of reasoning? What 'experiments' have you done, what proof do you have of God, Jesus, Yahweh, Allah, Creator Bill ... whatever?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 min Eagle 12 - 4,960
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) 7 min Eagle 12 - 130
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) 17 min NW Jade 1,194
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 34 min ChristineM 4,003
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Frindly 83,817
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 4 hr Frindly 3,222
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 18 hr Eagle 12 - 15
More from around the web