Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#11732 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Wiki is not a credible source. But answer the question, have you done any experiments that proves evolution. I can say that some of the items above are everyday things that occur and not evolution or I can say God gave us everything. So tell me genius, how is evolution affecting us the human species?
You are incredibly idiotic.
Wikipedia is a perfectly good start point, for they list all their sources at the bottom of the page.

You didn't even look at the pages because you don't want to know anything about evolution.
You wish to continue to be ignorant and will never look at any of the evidence presented.

There's no point in treating you like an intelligent human being for you obviously are not.

Since: May 11

UK

#11733 Jun 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So a negative will replace all positive aspects of religion.
A thing which cannot be defined, will replace the well defined religions.
A philosophy on which no two people agree on any thing (except of course the Big Negation) will create order and discipline in the land?
Boy you are sure living in the fool's paradise!!
Let me put this as simply as I can for you.

Religion will be replaced by an absence of religion.

Montreal

#11734 Jun 13, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>Actually wiki DOES contain links to peer reviewed literature. Now, My guess is you don't know that because you're a complete fool.

[QUOTE]
But answer the question, have you done any experiments that proves evolution.
"

yes, I ate my breakfast. As you know, my breakfast is the result of evolution. Why are you having trouble with this?
why do you not know what artificial selection is?

[QUOTE]
I can say that some of the items above are everyday things that occur and not evolution or I can say God gave us everything.
"

Or you could say a pink talking unicorn did it all. Only one of those three options is actually reproducible.

[QUOTE]
So tell me genius, how is evolution affecting us the human species?"

By keeping us fed & medicated.
Seriously - do you really not know about artificial selection at all? for real?

why not?
Because he's a creationist.

We all know about creationists, they're the laughing stock of religious people.

Montreal

#11735 Jun 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>So a negative will replace all positive aspects of religion.

A thing which cannot be defined, will replace the well defined religions.

A philosophy on which no two people agree on any thing (except of course the Big Negation) will create order and discipline in the land?

Boy you are sure living in the fool's paradise!!
What do you replace water with when you've emptied it out of a glass?

"Nothing," that's right, there's nothing in the glass anymore, so you've replaced water with nothing.

Though you won't understand this explanation, because you can't understand even the simplest of logic.

Montreal

#11736 Jun 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>Let me put this as simply as I can for you.

Religion will be replaced by an absence of religion.
He won't understand.
I guarantee it.

UK

#11737 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove evolution. What happened before that? Prove I came from a primate.
The great apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes, humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes.

Huzzah! I hear you cry. This would appear to indicate that humans and apes are unrelated.

However the missing chromosomal material in the human is to be found fused to the end of the human chromosome number two, which includes a tell tale double telomere showing where the human species branched away from the apes.

The theory of evolution allows scientists to make predictions regarding the results of experiments, it[the theory] has NEVER been ound wanting.

It is beyond dispute that you are directly related to the apes...I'm making the assumption that you're human.

Science has moved on so far and yet you creationists are still trying without success to deconstruct Darwin.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11738 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance of what the theory of evolution actually entails is sad.

You didn't "come from a primate". You ARE a primate. All humans are of the order of primates.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/animal/table_humans...

And all primates have the same "ancestor".

Evolution is real. It happened, and continues to happen. Don't believe me? Tell me WHY there must be a new flu vaccine every year, or what YOU use your appendix for.

UK

#11739 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't understand.
I guarantee it.
He'll want to play another 'word game'.

Montreal

#11740 Jun 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll want to play another 'word game'.
MUQ is boring, he's too strict on his ignorance.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#11741 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't just come from a primate. You *are* a primate:

1) Are you made of complex cells with internal organelles? If so, you are a eucaryote.

2) Do your cells have membranes made of lipids rather than walls made from glucosides and are they surrounded by an extracellular matrix composed of collagen and glycoproteins? Then you are an Animal.

3) During embry development, does the blastopore (the first opening) become the anus? Then you are a Deuterostome.

4) Do you have a head, backbone, brain, red blood cells, and kidneys? Then you are a Vertebrate.

5) Are air-breathing, have hair, three ear bones, sweat glands, the ability to regulate internal temperature and specialized teeth? Then you are a Mammal.

6) Do you lack an epi-pubic bone and do females like you have a uterus which produces a placenta during pregnancy? Then you are a placental Mammal.

7) Do you have a collar bone, opposable fingers, a flat nail on fingers and toes, eye sockets made from bone, stereoscopic vision, an enlarged cerebral cortex? Then you are a Primate.

8) Are you tail-less with a narrow nose and downward pointed nostrils, broad rib cage, a fused frontal bone, convoluted cerebral hemispheres, a large brain for his size of mammal, color vision, a lack of tail, and a lack of cheek pouches? Then you are an Ape.

So, yes, if you are human, then you *are* an ape.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#11742 Jun 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Ya he is a bible banging reject who was home schooled.
How do you know? Because you said so?

Location hidden

#11743 Jun 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>He just parrots what they say in church.

Mindless sheep.
How do you know?

Location hidden

#11744 Jun 13, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>Actually wiki DOES contain links to peer reviewed literature. Now, My guess is you don't know that because you're a complete fool.

[QUOTE]
But answer the question, have you done any experiments that proves evolution.
"

yes, I ate my breakfast. As you know, my breakfast is the result of evolution. Why are you having trouble with this?
why do you not know what artificial selection is?

[QUOTE]
I can say that some of the items above are everyday things that occur and not evolution or I can say God gave us everything.
"

Or you could say a pink talking unicorn did it all. Only one of those three options is actually reproducible.

[QUOTE]
So tell me genius, how is evolution affecting us the human species?"

By keeping us fed & medicated.
Seriously - do you really not know about artificial selection at all? for real?

why not?
Evolution is a theory that constantly changing. It's more like a philosophy. You can use all and anything you wish that you have read about, but you personally have not experiment with this.

Location hidden

#11745 Jun 13, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>you mean the one written by a guy pushing a religious agenda, is not submitted for inteligent peer review, is vocal about his religious agenda and and was educated at a religious college?

This is how NOT to do science.

If you can't peer review it, it's not worth looking at.:D
Lol! Material well noted.

Location hidden

#11746 Jun 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>All along I have been speaking out against the abuse, rape and murder of little girls, you on the other hand seem to support these actions.
Look child molester, how can you be sure I support it?

Location hidden

#11747 Jun 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Now this is another great example of where you:-

1 can't read.
or
2. tell lies.

because where did I use the word "all"?
Ok since it's not "all" where do you get the notion that I support this? Is this your new tactic? Do you just lie?

Location hidden

#11748 Jun 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Creationist piece of sh*t to too dumb to understand evolution is already in use across most industries.

Unlike creationist lies.
Blah blah blah.

Location hidden

#11749 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>What happened before your god?
Prove I come from clay.
(All of us have already given you our evidence, you have yet to give any for your claims)
You haven't given evidence. You just give articles of what you have read. You personally just belong to a group and claim yourself something that you know nothing about. Basically you have never done experiments at all or you haven't proven evolution. Keep trying.

Location hidden

#11750 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but I had to come back to life to laugh at it more.

I guess that means I'm Jesus.
Nope. You know you're not laughing. All you are doing is pretending to laugh.

Location hidden

#11751 Jun 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>We aren't playing the "educational barrier" with you.
We're showing others how willfully ignorant you are by ignoring all the evidence.

Answer me this simple question:
Why are you denying evolution, a fact that has tons of evidence for it, yet you believe in something that has ZERO evidence for it?
Evidence by who? You? Did you find this evidence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 min Eman 22,197
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 1 hr Patrick 47
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 227,462
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Patrick 925
Stump a theist with 2 questions 8 hr Patrick 26
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 10 hr True Christian wi... 4,086
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 21 hr Patrick 189
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••