Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
10,741 - 10,760 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. If I had stuck with the Bengals, I would be a multi-millionaire.
Now you tell me.
You're a violent offender who was caged like an animal because you were not allowed to live in civilized society.

Not much has changed...has it buck? Still a liar with no proof of god and a weasel when it comes to backing up any thing you have to say.

What can we expect from a person that denies evolution?

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a violent offender who was caged like an animal because you were not allowed to live in civilized society.
Not much has changed...has it buck? Still a liar with no proof of god and a weasel when it comes to backing up any thing you have to say.
What can we expect from a person that denies evolution?
LOL he wasn`t a violent offender, he`s a violent offenders online biographer/stalker.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? Nowhere.
I plainly said "no sacrifice".
I'm saying Jesus did not die for our sins.
I'm saying Jesus was not unique or different than the rest of us, except for wisdom and awareness, in many cases.
I do not advocate "worship" of Jesus or anything.
I have no idea what prompted your questions.
This is the translation of Buddha Gautama's prophecy regarding the coming of Maitreya [the compassionate one] per "The Gospel of Buddha" by Carus PP.217-8:

"Ananda "said to the Blessed One:'Who shall teach us when thou art gone?"'

And the Blessed One replied:'I am not the first Buddha who came upon the earth, nor shall I be the last. In due time anothr Buddha will arise in the world, a holy one, a supremely enlightened one, endowed with wisdom in conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals. He will reveal to you the same eternal truths which I have taught you. He will preach his religion, glorious in its origin, glorious at the climax, and, glorious at the goal. He will proclaim a religious life, wholly perfect a pure, such as I now proclaim. His disciples will number many thousand, while mine number many hundred.'

Ananda said:'How shall we know him?'

The Blessed One replied:'He will be known as Maitreya...' "

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Can't be much of a prophecy with all those spelling errors.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>This is the translation of Buddha Gautama's prophecy regarding the coming of Maitreya [the compassionate one] per "The Gospel of Buddha" by Carus PP.217-8:

"Ananda "said to the Blessed One:'Who shall teach us when thou art gone?"'

And the Blessed One replied:'I am not the first Buddha who came upon the earth, nor shall I be the last. In due time anothr Buddha will arise in the world, a holy one, a supremely enlightened one, endowed with wisdom in conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals. He will reveal to you the same eternal truths which I have taught you. He will preach his religion, glorious in its origin, glorious at the climax, and, glorious at the goal. He will proclaim a religious life, wholly perfect a pure, such as I now proclaim. His disciples will number many thousand, while mine number many hundred.'

Ananda said:'How shall we know him?'

The Blessed One replied:'He will be known as Maitreya...' "

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

What screen name rhymes with stupid? You don't know what the word rhymes means do you? Seriously you should brush up on your english.
Lincoln wrote:
Alright, gather 'round, folks, show's just startin'...
the troll posting under still another name that rhymes with stupid!
LOL
<quoted text>

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Sartre was smarter than all of us, eventually he would not be drawn on the subject of god, he considered it beneath him, like talking at length about used q-tips.
Consider the following passage, from Jean-Paul Sartre's 1960 existentialist blockbuster "The Critique of Dialectical Reason":

Quote:

"But it should be noted that this regulatory totalisation realises my immanence in the group in the quasi-transcendence of the totalising third party; for the latter, as the creator of objectives or organiser of means, stands in a tense and contradictory relation of transcendence-immanence, so that my integration, though real in the here and now which define me, remains somewhere incomplete, in the here and now which characterise the regulatory third party. We see here the re-emergence of an element of alterity proper to the statute of the group, but which here is still formal: the third party is certainly the same, the praxis is certainly common everywhere; but a shifting dislocation makes it totalising when I am the totalised means of the group, and conversely."

There are a number of valid responses to these arguments. One might be: They sure don't make public intellectuals like they used to. Another might be: I'm not sure Sartre's arguments constitute more than a footnote to his work in "L'être et le Néant." A third might be: What was he on?

It's a good question. When he wrote the "Critique," Sartre, a lifelong caffeine fiend and serious drinker, was also frying his brains on corydrane, a form of amphetamine mixed with, of all things, aspirin. The philosopher was using corydrane on a daily basis, first to cut through the fug of the barbiturates he was taking to help him sleep—and he was having trouble sleeping not least because of all the corydrane he was putting away—but also to keep him at his desk, churning out the "Critique." "To put it briefly," he told Simone de Beauvoir some time later, "in philosophy, writing consisted of analysing my ideas; and a tube of corydrane meant 'these ideas will be analysed in the next two days.' " Or, as the Ramones used to put it, Gabba Gabba Hey.

We hear a lot these days about drug abuse, but there is also such a thing as drug use—a utilitarian attitude to our body chemistry in which drugs are simply aids to productivity. That's how Sartre treated them, and Marcus Boon argues that "several of Sartre's works show the influence of speed," including "The Idiot of the Family," his incomplete and close to definitively unreadable five-volume study of Flaubert, and "Saint Genet," which, Boon relates, "began as a 50-page preface to Genet's writings, and ended up an 800-page book." Sartre was therefore a recognizable type of speed freak, the type dedicated to obsessive, unfinishable, and, to the neutral observer, pointless toil—the sort who, several hours after taking the drug, can usually be found sitting on the floor, grinding his teeth and alphabetizing his CDs by the name of the sound engineer.

http://www.thephora.net/forum/showthread.php...

I read that Sartre liked shrooms too and that he would talk to his delusions--little crabs that crawled on his legs and slept on his bed--and that he missed his dear little friends when his delusions stopped.

Oh yeah, that Sartre was sooooooooooo smart......

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

On prime time BBC1 when I was very young we had a comedic character called "Cupid Stunt".

Givemeliberty wrote:
What screen name rhymes with stupid?
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Wow! Lmfao! That is hilarious!

I figured Buck saw that guy give a speech at his church and now tries to emulate him. Sadly I think ultra Christian Joe King is a liar as well. I went to some Bengals pages and the only Joe King they ever had was a 6'2" black dude.

I guess Buck got mixed up between Joe saying he was a Bengal vs a Steeler. Oh and Joe in 2009 says his son is 11 Buck said his son is now 17.
Guess ole fatass messed up again :))

Thanks so much for the video!
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea of the connection but...Mr `Crick` is living vicariously through the eyes of the man in the following video, I think perhaps they were lovers once.

https://www.youtube.com/tv...

The gentleman in the video quit the Bengals. He has sunk even lower after being `saved` by the `winningest coach there ever was` in the prison laundry.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Lol :))
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>On prime time BBC1 when I was very young we had a comedic character called "Cupid Stunt".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jxf8Sf_Hyk4XX
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

R Hill wrote:
Wow .. where to begin?

01 'Prophecy' is a necessary part of any religion. It's one of the few 'miracles' that can be made to happen all within the covers of the same book. Prophesied in Chapter 2, comes true in Chapter 12 ... ohhhhh, magic! Of course,'knowing the future' is a necessary power of any god worth his salt. Our gods have to be able to perform tricks otherwise we'd look pretty silly worshiping them. Clever writing, the innate gullibility of godbots and their pitiful desperation for the divine combine to make this particular 'miracle' all too easy. The pity is that all the predictions, by all the prophets and soothsayers and astrologers give us nothing useful. 100% of the time, events unfold and are 'cut and pasted' to fit 'predictions' so vague they must 'come true' over and over again as generations of godbots come and go.

Has any disaster been averted, life been saved, train not derailed, building been made not to collapse, war not been fought based on prophecy? No. In fact, you poor godbots are so anxious for your scriptures to be fulfilled, you'll actually go out of your way to make things happen. Pitiful really. That would be the true measure of a prophet and they all fall short. But, that's just the way it is. You see, Nature has rules ... one of them is "nobody can predict the future". Nobody ever has, nobody ever will. End of story.

02 I have no need to camouflage anything. How would that profit me? How has the young lives lost or the National Treasure squandered profited my country? Are we safer now, from mad Jihadists? Has our stature in the world community increased? Have we met any goals, real or imagined? No. Mistakes, folly, foolishness ... and people scurry to hide their mistakes. Who has profited? The people who make bullets and bandages? The weapons makers and brokers? Is our government so evil as to place these interests above the welfare of the citizens they were sworn to protect? Perhaps. I would prefer to think not. I would prefer to believe they are bumblers and fools but ultimately just 'trying to do the right thing'. They are Human, after all and that's what we do best.
Ans.

01. I think you are confused and do not know what you want to say.

We see so many miracles of these kinds almost every day. So many people fell from high buildings and survived.

So many people were alive after fall of buildings while many others die. There have been some survivors even in some plane crashes.

You call them as “chance”, you could call them as “Miracles”!!

02. The second part of your post is no better than the first.

You do not know what you want to say.

As for miracles, millions of them are taking place every day, right before our eyes, but we consider them as “Just natural”!!
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%E2%80%93...
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
We see so many miracles of these kinds almost every day. So many people fell from high buildings and survived.
So many people were alive after fall of buildings while many others die. There have been some survivors even in some plane crashes.
As for miracles, millions of them are taking place every day, right before our eyes, but we consider them as “Just natural”!!

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Wow! Lmfao! That is hilarious!
I figured Buck saw that guy give a speech at his church and now tries to emulate him. Sadly I think ultra Christian Joe King is a liar as well. I went to some Bengals pages and the only Joe King they ever had was a 6'2" black dude.
I guess Buck got mixed up between Joe saying he was a Bengal vs a Steeler. Oh and Joe in 2009 says his son is 11 Buck said his son is now 17.
Guess ole fatass messed up again :))
Thanks so much for the video!
<quoted text>
Mr `Crick` simply assumed the identity of this unfortunate, rape victim/alcoholic/crack addict/armed robber/convict...who has since returned to prision after being `saved` and after the video you just watched. His descent can be seen by the number of `mugshots` which are online.

Maybe he`s[Crick] an ex-lover, maybe he`s David or Greg the alleged rapist violating him again from afar; or maybe he`s just an obsessive, like Robert De Niro`s character in "The Fan".

I wonder how Mr `Crick` feels when he hears Mr King state quite categorically that he doesn`t like football and that it`s a stupid game?

I have to say though...it`s not normal and very very creepy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you give a shit what it was called?
I don't.
The lying creationist cornered, squirming and flailing yet again

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider the following passage, from Jean-Paul Sartre's 1960 existentialist blockbuster "The Critique of Dialectical Reason":
Quote:
"But it should be noted that this regulatory totalisation realises my immanence in the group in the quasi-transcendence of the totalising third party; for the latter, as the creator of objectives or organiser of means, stands in a tense and contradictory relation of transcendence-immanence, so that my integration, though real in the here and now which define me, remains somewhere incomplete, in the here and now which characterise the regulatory third party. We see here the re-emergence of an element of alterity proper to the statute of the group, but which here is still formal: the third party is certainly the same, the praxis is certainly common everywhere; but a shifting dislocation makes it totalising when I am the totalised means of the group, and conversely."
There are a number of valid responses to these arguments. One might be: They sure don't make public intellectuals like they used to. Another might be: I'm not sure Sartre's arguments constitute more than a footnote to his work in "L'être et le Néant." A third might be: What was he on?
It's a good question. When he wrote the "Critique," Sartre, a lifelong caffeine fiend and serious drinker, was also frying his brains on corydrane, a form of amphetamine mixed with, of all things, aspirin. The philosopher was using corydrane on a daily basis, first to cut through the fug of the barbiturates he was taking to help him sleep—and he was having trouble sleeping not least because of all the corydrane he was putting away—but also to keep him at his desk, churning out the "Critique." "To put it briefly," he told Simone de Beauvoir some time later, "in philosophy, writing consisted of analysing my ideas; and a tube of corydrane meant 'these ideas will be analysed in the next two days.' " Or, as the Ramones used to put it, Gabba Gabba Hey.
We hear a lot these days about drug abuse, but there is also such a thing as drug use—a utilitarian attitude to our body chemistry in which drugs are simply aids to productivity. That's how Sartre treated them, and Marcus Boon argues that "several of Sartre's works show the influence of speed," including "The Idiot of the Family," his incomplete and close to definitively unreadable five-volume study of Flaubert, and "Saint Genet," which, Boon relates, "began as a 50-page preface to Genet's writings, and ended up an 800-page book." Sartre was therefore a recognizable type of speed freak, the type dedicated to obsessive, unfinishable, and, to the neutral observer, pointless toil—the sort who, several hours after taking the drug, can usually be found sitting on the floor, grinding his teeth and alphabetizing his CDs by the name of the sound engineer.
I read that Sartre liked shrooms too and that he would talk to his delusions--little crabs that crawled on his legs and slept on his bed--and that he missed his dear little friends when his delusions stopped.
Creationist trolls that say "bwaahahah" when outsmarted:

Buck Crick
Educated What
Lincoln
KJV
ezdzit

Maybe saying "Bwahaha" in the face of damning evidence against your cult is part of the trained reaction for brainwashed creationist lunatics online?

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote:
...and you`re so smart that you had to plagiarise a passage from "The Road of Excess" by Marcus Boon.

I`ve read Sartre and Heidegger and I enjoyed the experience, although existential philosophy is not my particular field. I`m more geared towards legal philosophy and jurisprudence. Rawls and Dworkin are my constant companions.

Don`t be embarrassed that you don`t get Sartre, it takes more than reading part of a book review from the New Yorker to study philosophy, I for one know that I couldn`t do it for a job.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

You notice he leaves out the rapes Joe King suffered. I would say he saw Joe's church speeches and went from there.

Notice the only Joe pictures he can get is the ones off google images? Oh and let's not forget his Jeff Chase picture lol!
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>Mr `Crick` simply assumed the identity of this unfortunate, rape victim/alcoholic/crack addict/armed robber/convict...who has since returned to prision after being `saved` and after the video you just watched. His descent can be seen by the number of `mugshots` which are online.

Maybe he`s[Crick] an ex-lover, maybe he`s David or Greg the alleged rapist violating him again from afar; or maybe he`s just an obsessive, like Robert De Niro`s character in "The Fan".

I wonder how Mr `Crick` feels when he hears Mr King state quite categorically that he doesn`t like football and that it`s a stupid game?

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
You notice he leaves out the rapes Joe King suffered. I would say he saw Joe's church speeches and went from there.
Notice the only Joe pictures he can get is the ones off google images? Oh and let's not forget his Jeff Chase picture lol!
<quoted text>
He was posting last year when Mr King was incarcerated(all day and every day), apparently the jail had given him unlimited internet access as a condition of him surrendering to authorities(or some such nonsense..I forget).

It came to a point when some posters, myself included said that we were going to write to Mr King in his correctional institution and send him some material aid and comfort(NOT PRAYERS).

Lets face it he`s had a difficult life and is a very engaging public speaker. Who knows what future he would have had if he had not suffered such early untreated abuse and decades of self loathing.

I found/find it deeply disturbing that some fool who is probably here watching the thread right now(because he`s always here in some form or another) is cherrypicking the parts of Mr Kings life he likes in order the cultivate an image of machismo while disregarding the parts of his life which created him as the shell of a man we see today.

Naturally Mr `Crick` professes to be a religious man who invokes "Christ", "god", "The Galilean" when it suits him but laying indignity upon indignity to a criminal who was made a criminal by being a victim.

Even Joe King(if I had the opportunity to talk to him) could not possibly think that his train crash of a life was part of a gods grand plan.

BTW, he likes this picture too, this is his `intellectual pig farmer` incarnation. I think we can all see his taste in men.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Sorry glaring omission there...

this is his intellectual pig farmer face.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_i8ZxNGHz77Y/RZ1C8JQ...

Real purty...he likes `em BIG.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
"What we got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach."

<from movie "Cool Hand Luke" 1967>

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr `Crick` simply assumed the identity of this unfortunate, rape victim/alcoholic/crack addict/armed robber/convict...who has since returned to prision after being `saved` and after the video you just watched. His descent can be seen by the number of `mugshots` which are online.
It is seldom safe to assume motivations, particularly when you rely on large bodies of facts not in evidence.

I find it comical that you have read through this forum and I am the one you find "creepy".

I suspect most residents in these parts are here for entertainment. My contribution stands out.

I myself am among the most entertained, as I routinely embarrass such as the physicists, mathematicians, and lawyers in their own fields.

You might recall I entertained myself quite well by doing that very thing with you, as you tried to ascribe to the authors of our Constitution the present-day basis of jurisprudence regarding the "Separation of Church and State".

I hope we have not seen the last of your flailings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 16 min Patrick 149
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 20 min Patrick 21,452
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 24 min Patrick 288
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Patrick 225,646
If Christianity were true... 1 hr NightSerf 150
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr Jaimie 4
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 6 hr CunningLinguist 83

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••