Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14735 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11116 May 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Alright, gather 'round, folks, show's just startin'...
the troll posting under still another name that rhymes with stupid!
LOL
<quoted text>
Will cold beer be served?

Since: May 11

Edinburgh, UK

#11117 May 23, 2013
A man who picked a name which rhymes with the act of fellatio cleverly corrupts posters names in an attempt to appear funny....

Ironic indeed.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#11118 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey what NFL team was it you got thrown off of for being to tough? The story changes between the steelers and the bengals. Which team was it in your version of the low today?
I am a steeler fan BTW and there is not a shred of record with them that your Alabama loser even being looked at by them let alone landing a roster spot. Ever.
<quoted text>
You can't find the home city of Jesus, so I'm sure you can't find out what happened in Pittsburgh and Cleveland over 20 years ago, GiveMeBiliverdins.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#11119 May 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
A man who picked a name which rhymes with the act of fellatio cleverly corrupts posters names in an attempt to appear funny....
Ironic indeed.
Glad you think it's cleverly done.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#11120 May 23, 2013
Certainly she wasn't given much of an option. She was told you are going to have this baby. Some historians say she may have been as old as 16!
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>....don`t get him started on gods rape of Mary, bricks will be shat.

Scottsburg, IN

#11121 May 23, 2013
And what was this so called city called fatass? Was it just called the city? Lol!
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>No, the city did exist.

You would be accurate to say it existed by a different name.

Saying it did not exist carries a different connotation, as if the city was made up.

You know that. That's why you did it - to deceive.

Why are theophobes such liars, GiveMeLiverwort?

Scottsburg, IN

#11122 May 23, 2013
I would money money against that fatboy.

What NFL team was it again Mr. PHD in microbiology but works driving a truck? Steelers or Bengals? Those are different teams you know and your story changes. Best stick with the Bengals for your lie.

Lmfao!
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>My body fat ratio is lower than yours, GiveMeLiverymen.

Scottsburg, IN

#11123 May 23, 2013
Buck certainly speaks often about the genitals of other men....

:cough:
MisterCharrington wrote:

Ironic indeed.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#11124 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And what was this so called city called fatass? Was it just called the city? Lol!
<quoted text>
Why do you give a shit what it was called?

I don't.

"James F. Strange, an American archaeologist, notes:“Nazareth is not mentioned in ancient Jewish sources earlier than the third century AD. This likely reflects its lack of prominence both in Galilee and in Judaea.”[37] Strange originally calculated the population of Nazareth at the time of Christ to be "roughly 1,600 to 2,000 people" but, in a subsequent publication, revised this figure down to “a maximum of about 480.”[38] In 2009 Israeli archaeologist Yardenna Alexandre excavated archaeological remains in Nazareth that might date to the time of Jesus in the early Roman period. Alexandre told reporters, "The discovery is of the utmost importance since it reveals for the very first time a house from the Jewish village of Nazareth"

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#11125 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What NFL team was it again Mr. PHD in microbiology but works driving a truck? Steelers or Bengals? Those are different teams you know and your story changes. Best stick with the Bengals for your lie.
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
Right. If I had stuck with the Bengals, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Now you tell me.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11126 May 23, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you give a shit what it was called?
I don't.
"James F. Strange, an American archaeologist, notes:“Nazareth is not mentioned in ancient Jewish sources earlier than the third century AD. This likely reflects its lack of prominence both in Galilee and in Judaea.”[37] Strange originally calculated the population of Nazareth at the time of Christ to be "roughly 1,600 to 2,000 people" but, in a subsequent publication, revised this figure down to “a maximum of about 480.”[38] In 2009 Israeli archaeologist Yardenna Alexandre excavated archaeological remains in Nazareth that might date to the time of Jesus in the early Roman period. Alexandre told reporters, "The discovery is of the utmost importance since it reveals for the very first time a house from the Jewish village of Nazareth"
More ill informed garbage from the sh*thead creationist with no proof of god and no morals to speak of.

Exmouth, UK

#11127 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
I have no idea of the connection but...Mr `Crick` is living vicariously through the eyes of the man in the following video, I think perhaps they were lovers once.

https://www.youtube.com/tv...

The gentleman in the video quit the Bengals. He has sunk even lower after being `saved` by the `winningest coach there ever was` in the prison laundry.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11128 May 23, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. If I had stuck with the Bengals, I would be a multi-millionaire.
Now you tell me.
You're a violent offender who was caged like an animal because you were not allowed to live in civilized society.

Not much has changed...has it buck? Still a liar with no proof of god and a weasel when it comes to backing up any thing you have to say.

What can we expect from a person that denies evolution?

Exmouth, UK

#11129 May 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a violent offender who was caged like an animal because you were not allowed to live in civilized society.
Not much has changed...has it buck? Still a liar with no proof of god and a weasel when it comes to backing up any thing you have to say.
What can we expect from a person that denies evolution?
LOL he wasn`t a violent offender, he`s a violent offenders online biographer/stalker.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#11130 May 23, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? Nowhere.
I plainly said "no sacrifice".
I'm saying Jesus did not die for our sins.
I'm saying Jesus was not unique or different than the rest of us, except for wisdom and awareness, in many cases.
I do not advocate "worship" of Jesus or anything.
I have no idea what prompted your questions.
This is the translation of Buddha Gautama's prophecy regarding the coming of Maitreya [the compassionate one] per "The Gospel of Buddha" by Carus PP.217-8:

"Ananda "said to the Blessed One:'Who shall teach us when thou art gone?"'

And the Blessed One replied:'I am not the first Buddha who came upon the earth, nor shall I be the last. In due time anothr Buddha will arise in the world, a holy one, a supremely enlightened one, endowed with wisdom in conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals. He will reveal to you the same eternal truths which I have taught you. He will preach his religion, glorious in its origin, glorious at the climax, and, glorious at the goal. He will proclaim a religious life, wholly perfect a pure, such as I now proclaim. His disciples will number many thousand, while mine number many hundred.'

Ananda said:'How shall we know him?'

The Blessed One replied:'He will be known as Maitreya...' "

Scottsburg, IN

#11131 May 23, 2013
Can't be much of a prophecy with all those spelling errors.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>This is the translation of Buddha Gautama's prophecy regarding the coming of Maitreya [the compassionate one] per "The Gospel of Buddha" by Carus PP.217-8:

"Ananda "said to the Blessed One:'Who shall teach us when thou art gone?"'

And the Blessed One replied:'I am not the first Buddha who came upon the earth, nor shall I be the last. In due time anothr Buddha will arise in the world, a holy one, a supremely enlightened one, endowed with wisdom in conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals. He will reveal to you the same eternal truths which I have taught you. He will preach his religion, glorious in its origin, glorious at the climax, and, glorious at the goal. He will proclaim a religious life, wholly perfect a pure, such as I now proclaim. His disciples will number many thousand, while mine number many hundred.'

Ananda said:'How shall we know him?'

The Blessed One replied:'He will be known as Maitreya...' "

Scottsburg, IN

#11132 May 23, 2013
What screen name rhymes with stupid? You don't know what the word rhymes means do you? Seriously you should brush up on your english.
Lincoln wrote:
Alright, gather 'round, folks, show's just startin'...
the troll posting under still another name that rhymes with stupid!
LOL
<quoted text>

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#11133 May 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Sartre was smarter than all of us, eventually he would not be drawn on the subject of god, he considered it beneath him, like talking at length about used q-tips.
Consider the following passage, from Jean-Paul Sartre's 1960 existentialist blockbuster "The Critique of Dialectical Reason":

Quote:

"But it should be noted that this regulatory totalisation realises my immanence in the group in the quasi-transcendence of the totalising third party; for the latter, as the creator of objectives or organiser of means, stands in a tense and contradictory relation of transcendence-immanence, so that my integration, though real in the here and now which define me, remains somewhere incomplete, in the here and now which characterise the regulatory third party. We see here the re-emergence of an element of alterity proper to the statute of the group, but which here is still formal: the third party is certainly the same, the praxis is certainly common everywhere; but a shifting dislocation makes it totalising when I am the totalised means of the group, and conversely."

There are a number of valid responses to these arguments. One might be: They sure don't make public intellectuals like they used to. Another might be: I'm not sure Sartre's arguments constitute more than a footnote to his work in "L'être et le Néant." A third might be: What was he on?

It's a good question. When he wrote the "Critique," Sartre, a lifelong caffeine fiend and serious drinker, was also frying his brains on corydrane, a form of amphetamine mixed with, of all things, aspirin. The philosopher was using corydrane on a daily basis, first to cut through the fug of the barbiturates he was taking to help him sleep—and he was having trouble sleeping not least because of all the corydrane he was putting away—but also to keep him at his desk, churning out the "Critique." "To put it briefly," he told Simone de Beauvoir some time later, "in philosophy, writing consisted of analysing my ideas; and a tube of corydrane meant 'these ideas will be analysed in the next two days.' " Or, as the Ramones used to put it, Gabba Gabba Hey.

We hear a lot these days about drug abuse, but there is also such a thing as drug use—a utilitarian attitude to our body chemistry in which drugs are simply aids to productivity. That's how Sartre treated them, and Marcus Boon argues that "several of Sartre's works show the influence of speed," including "The Idiot of the Family," his incomplete and close to definitively unreadable five-volume study of Flaubert, and "Saint Genet," which, Boon relates, "began as a 50-page preface to Genet's writings, and ended up an 800-page book." Sartre was therefore a recognizable type of speed freak, the type dedicated to obsessive, unfinishable, and, to the neutral observer, pointless toil—the sort who, several hours after taking the drug, can usually be found sitting on the floor, grinding his teeth and alphabetizing his CDs by the name of the sound engineer.

http://www.thephora.net/forum/showthread.php...

I read that Sartre liked shrooms too and that he would talk to his delusions--little crabs that crawled on his legs and slept on his bed--and that he missed his dear little friends when his delusions stopped.

Oh yeah, that Sartre was sooooooooooo smart......

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha
Thinking

Poole, UK

#11134 May 23, 2013
On prime time BBC1 when I was very young we had a comedic character called "Cupid Stunt".

Givemeliberty wrote:
What screen name rhymes with stupid?
<quoted text>

Scottsburg, IN

#11135 May 23, 2013
Wow! Lmfao! That is hilarious!

I figured Buck saw that guy give a speech at his church and now tries to emulate him. Sadly I think ultra Christian Joe King is a liar as well. I went to some Bengals pages and the only Joe King they ever had was a 6'2" black dude.

I guess Buck got mixed up between Joe saying he was a Bengal vs a Steeler. Oh and Joe in 2009 says his son is 11 Buck said his son is now 17.
Guess ole fatass messed up again :))

Thanks so much for the video!
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea of the connection but...Mr `Crick` is living vicariously through the eyes of the man in the following video, I think perhaps they were lovers once.

https://www.youtube.com/tv...

The gentleman in the video quit the Bengals. He has sunk even lower after being `saved` by the `winningest coach there ever was` in the prison laundry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr Frindly 3,322
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Frindly 84,013
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 14 hr Eagle 12 - 9
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... Thu Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web