Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#11033 May 21, 2013
Nice one!:))
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe she is in two minds about this?

http://thebigpart.files.wordpress.com/2007/05...

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#11034 May 21, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
If only reality were susceptible to analysis by consensus, you might be on to something. But it's not. Unfortunately, a lot of scientists have to drag their religious brain-washing into their everyday lives, just like the rest of us ordinary folk. It's kind of what we're trying to change here. Despite expressing some questionable 'professional' opinions, I don't think any godbots-turned-scientist have cranked out any reproducible miracles in the lab or published any of their flights-of-whimsy opinions in recognized journals.
You mean "godbots" like Einstein, bubba?

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#11035 May 21, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah....right....I get it now....you're doing the thorazine shuffle, right?
Right. But I don't take thorazine. "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh" Psalm 38:7 My family drove me insane and I hate them all. "Instead of your fathers shall be your children, whom you may make princes in all the earth". Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, David, and Deborah have all been reincarnated. So have Jesus (Lucifer) and Adam (Satan)-my father.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#11036 May 21, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Jesus... Moses... You believe all three existed? All three?
<quoted text>
I know Moses and Jesus existed. Jesus has been reincarnated. Muhammed was probably a real person too, but the OT is my reality and is the only religious document that I read and study.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#11037 May 21, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "godbots" like Einstein, bubba?
Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha
Surely you've been trounced soundly enough on the Einstein / god thing. Do we really need another round of Swap-a-Quote? LOL. Some tiny bits of reality must occasionally penetrate the Holy Armor encasing your misconceptions.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#11038 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Right. But I don't take thorazine. "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh" Psalm 38:7 My family drove me insane and I hate them all. "Instead of your fathers shall be your children, whom you may make princes in all the earth". Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, David, and Deborah have all been reincarnated. So have Jesus (Lucifer) and Adam (Satan)-my father.
BOO! Boo!- Another empty threat toy loins!

The Lord Jesus ... In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ... Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction.--2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

My biblical response...

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.--Exodus 33:23

United States of America

#11039 May 21, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you've been trounced soundly enough on the Einstein / god thing. Do we really need another round of Swap-a-Quote? LOL. Some tiny bits of reality must occasionally penetrate the Holy Armor encasing your misconceptions.
Moi? Trounced? You're such a kidder, bubba.

On Buddha, Moses, and Jesus

"Our time is distinguishedby wonderful achievements in the fields of scientific understanding and the technical application of those insights. Who would not be cheered by this? But let us not forget that knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life. Humanity has every reason to place the proclaimers of high moral standards and values above the discoverers of objective truth. What humanity owes to personalities like Buddha, Moses, and Jesus ranks for me higher than all the achievements of the enquiring and constructive mind.

What these blessed men have given us we must guard and try to keep alive with all our strength if humanity is not to lose its dignity, the security of its existence, and its joy in living."

Albert Einstein— From Goldman, p. 88
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#11040 May 21, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
BOO! Boo!- Another empty threat toy loins!
The Lord Jesus ... In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ... Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction.--2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
My biblical response...
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.--Exodus 33:23
How was I making a threat? You're using the NT to prove the NT, it doesn't work. You cannot look on certain photographs of God and live. "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver" Proverbs 25:11. "Before honor is humility" Proverbs 15:33

Texas, USA

#11041 May 21, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
"Our time is distinguishedby wonderful achievements in the fields of scientific understanding and the technical application of those insights. Who would not be cheered by this? But let us not forget that knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life. Humanity has every reason to place the proclaimers of high moral standards and values above the discoverers of objective truth. What humanity owes to personalities like Buddha, Moses, and Jesus ranks for me higher than all the achievements of the enquiring and constructive mind.
What these blessed men have given us we must guard and try to keep alive with all our strength if humanity is not to lose its dignity, the security of its existence, and its joy in living."
To bad he were not alive today, when he wouldn't have to throw such pitiful bones to placate the god-drunk religious hounds that were always nipping at his heals.

United States of America

#11042 May 21, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad he were not alive today, when he wouldn't have to throw such pitiful bones to placate the god-drunk religious hounds that were always nipping at his heals.
LOL

“I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional "opium of the people"—cannot bear the music of the spheres. The Wonder of nature does not become smaller because one cannot measure it by the standards of human moral and human aims.”

— Einstein, 1941. Einstein Archive, reel 54-927, quoted in Jammer, p. 97

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#11043 May 21, 2013
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LuLu,
Nice to see you.
I don't believe in prophets either .
Hey Jose. No, I don't believe in that stuff. I believe the Bible shows us how a group of people living in the Bronze Age perceived spiritual matters and conceptualized God.

Scottsburg, IN

#11044 May 21, 2013
I do not believe in a personal god. Albert Einstein 1954.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

Texas, USA

#11045 May 21, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
“I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional "opium of the people"—cannot bear the music of the spheres. The Wonder of nature does not become smaller because one cannot measure it by the standards of human moral and human aims.”
Oh well ... he seems to have developed a disdain for both sides, sort of cancelling himself out of the equation. I'm sure he found it all rather tiresome and distracting. Tune your radio off channel ... that static you hear is 'the music of the spheres'... echos of the Big Bang. It is the Universe playing a Funeral Dirge for your god.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#11046 May 21, 2013
Hello blubber, remember this is the same Albert Einstein that didn't believe in a creation event.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#11047 May 22, 2013
CI wrote:
Thou art deceived...

The earliest source of information for the life of Muhammad in a historical context (ca. 570/571 – June 8, 632 AD)...

At present, the study of Muhammad, the founder of the Muslim community, is obviously caught in a dilemma;;

The main source on Muhammad's life are Muslim sources written in Arabic, which include the Qur'an and accounts of Muhammad's life written down by later Muslims, based on oral traditions. These sources are known as s&#299;ra and hadith.

There are also non-Muslim sources written in Greek, Syriac, Armenian, and Hebrew by the Jewish and Christian communities. These non-Muslim written sources go back to about 636 AD and many of the interesting ones date to within some decades later.

HEARSAY is NOT 'evidence'.
Ans.

Your post is the "masterpiece of deception" as of nothing else!!

Can you find any other personality in world whose life style is so minutely recorded as Muslims have done for their prophet?

Just because you people have no record about any historical figures of any of your past prophets or religious heads or local heroes. That inferiority complex leads you to cast doubt on any thing which Muslims have written about their prophet.

Is it Islam's or Muslims fault that no European existed in Arabia?

Why records of Muslims be rejected summarily as "biased" when you have no records of your self.

And why you accept as truth, every fables and folklore and history written by people without any knowledge of the event?

In Islam every event is traced to its original source who must be an eye witness of the event.

The chain of narrators should be unbroken and every one of them must be a known person.

Hearsay is not evidence and your entire post is filed with hearsay and nothing else!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#11048 May 22, 2013
R Hill wrote:
1. I would think you could expect reliable prophecies from a good prophet. Knowledge of things that no one could know. Did your favorite prophet make any good guesses?

2. I'm going strictly from memory here. I seem to recall warnings, UN sanctions & resolutions, blockades, the formation of a rather formidable multi-national coalition and lots of diplomats exercising their skills (to no avail) before a single shot was fired or bomb dropped. We had the co-operation of the Saudis (our dearest friends) and many other Arab nations giving their implicit approval or at least promising to turn their heads the other way.

I also remember, after the shooting started, the cowardly use of 'human shields' and Iraq's most elite troops surrendering in droves. You people don't even know how to fight for yourselves or your convictions honorably. Yet, you will disfigure young girls for 'honor' reasons while chanting prayers out of your holy books.

Was it illegal? I don't think so. Was it INSANE, FABULOUSLY EXPENSIVE and ultimately POINTLESS?' Fraid so.
Ans.

01. Prophesizing about some future events is also one of the "additional" qualities of a True Prophet of God.

But there is a difference between what we see "common astrologers or sooth sawyers predict and what True prophet of God prophesize".

The prophesies and prediction of common people fail nine out of ten times, but in case of prophets, it holds true ten out of ten times.

Our prophet also made numbers of prophesies and most of them were proven true.

Some events he prophesized which are yet to happen, like the coming down of Jesus near the end of time and Islam entering every house on this earth.

02. It was very interesting to read your "camouflaged version" of attack on Iraq.

I notice your emphasis on "democracy and freedom"…. But you forgot to mention that "main reason" of attack was the "Danger" which Saddam posed to entire world by having his "inexhaustible stock of WMD s" and his having acquired Missile and Nuclear weapons!!

The danger was "so serious than even UN sanction was not needed" (The issue of freedom and democracy was 'appended" when they failed to find any WMD there!!)

And then "victorious occupiers disbanded the entire Police, Ministry and Civil administration and wanted to transform over night from 7th Century to 21 st century.

The Job was given to "fresh college graduates with inexhaustible energy and ZERO knowledge about Iraq, its culture and its ethnic background"

It was an explosive mixture and it had to explode and the beauty is that all the blame is put on Iraqi people.

The main culprits were not only let off, but were "rewarded" with re-election and honorable retirement at tax payers cost.

The rogues who killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people, are enjoying retirement and not languishing in a prison cell.

Strange but true.

And you call that a Democracy?

Shame on you.

Scottsburg, IN

#11049 May 22, 2013
Either Muhammad did not exist or he really was not this great conquerer as the Quran states. There is not a single mention of this so called Prophet, Military leader outside of the Quran myth.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Your post is the "masterpiece of deception" as of nothing else!!
!!

Scottsburg, IN

#11050 May 22, 2013
The so called prophecies in the Quran are like any religious writings of the time. They are vague and therefore meaningless. Not a single specific prophecy has ever been recorded. Anyone could write vague platitudes and claim they were prophecies.
MUQ wrote:
01. Prophesizing about some future events is also one of the "additional" qualities of a True Prophet of God.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#11051 May 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Either Muhammad did not exist or he really was not this great conquerer as the Quran states. There is not a single mention of this so called Prophet, Military leader outside of the Quran myth.
<quoted text>
If he did not exist? Are you mad?

Who cause Christian rules to end so suddenly end from Syria and Egypt and almost entire part of Asia and Africa?

A Katerina? How can you even call yourself a human?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#11052 May 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>The so called prophecies in the Quran are like any religious writings of the time. They are vague and therefore meaningless. Not a single specific prophecy has ever been recorded. Anyone could write vague platitudes and claim they were prophecies.
There are certain "prophecies" that date back more recently, maybe 200 years. I've had some people being these up to me, as if proof of anything.
They are much less "prophecies" and much more educated guesses at the future.

I can claim that some day we'll have cars that can fly. Does that mean I just made a prophecy? No, I'm just stating a probable future based on current technological advances and my imagination.

One guy, I think it was idiot Zit here, claimed there was a prophecy of "horses on wheels" and that it was fulfilled. Come on, horses on wheels could mean many things, and if it were an actual prediction, "metal things with wheels" would be more accurate than horses.
On top of that, the wheel existed back then, right?
Well, by putting the horse (which existed as well) and wheels together, you have horses with wheels. There you have it, the simple imagination to put two things together is called a prophecy by these idiots.

When the next big invention comes out, I'll look for a "prophecy" vague enough to include it and wave it in their faces.
I wonder what their response will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 min Nohweh 18,566
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 18 min Eagle 12 21,172
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 41 min Aura Mytha 43,217
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Eagle 12 10,051
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 2 hr Eagle 12 753
A Universe from Nothing? 3 hr Into The Night 538
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 3 hr Patrick 465
More from around the web