Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10907 May 17, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Then maybe you shouldn't be parallel posting in two threads, you think? The threads are independent of each other, and people only following one of them will not know that the discussion in one will be responded to, in the other thread. Doing that would be kind of stupid, and I get why , that for you it would make sense.
I could not believe that you wrote all that post with out using your "signature word" thighing even once?

Are you drunk?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10909 May 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not pick any Tom, Dick and Harry as His prophet. The prophets lead a blameless life both before the are given the mission and after they get the mission.
Full of sh*t theist with no proof of god, lying through his teeth once again presenting no evidence for his cult being true.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10910 May 18, 2013
You do not deny the Islamic practice of thighing do you Muq?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I could not believe that you wrote all that post with out using your "signature word" thighing even once?

Are you drunk?
henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#10911 May 18, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
You were lucky. I had baptism, then sunday school, confirmation, then choir, bible study, confirmation, regular church, listening to boring sermons, for a lot of my life. All that wasted time! And you can't get it back!!
Religions are wasting life times nothing else!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10912 May 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not believe that you wrote all that post with out using your "signature word" thighing even once?
Are you drunk?
You are not much for paying attention are you? Maybe you are seeing the word "thighing" much more than I actually type it.

Would that be, because you know that it is against every natural action of parenthood, it is only that which a pedophile could commit?

There is no message that a just delivered mother needs less than knowing the men in her family, would put their penises in and on her newborn child. There is no act so unnatural, so completely despicable than that. You simply could not push your filthy religion throughout this planet, if that were more widely known.

Islamic men with their little dicked fear of a women's capabilities are going to cut off her clitoris and labia, then when she delivers a child, the men of her family will all fuck that newborn infant, just so that the mother understands her lack of power, and that there is nothing they won't do to hurt her or her child, to keep her downtrodden.

You make a fool out of yourself, in this practice. It proves how terrified you lot are of women. What it doesn't tell you emotionally retarded freaks is that if there was a god possible, he would have made that woman to defend her child from even her husband, he would have made that woman with all the ability to feel any pleasure that a man can.

Thighing is proof that you loons don't beleive in Allah, but that you are willing to believe in a pervert who would "at your families expense" ensure himself and other perves a lifetime of tiny human sex toys.
Imhotep

Windermere, FL

#10913 May 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not carry two parallel discussions with me on two threads.
You are deluded once again - I'm not carrying on any 'discussion' with you at all - I'm replying to the religious pabulum you post, to me or others.

I know this is hard to comprehend for one so delusional... but if you really don't like what I have the say - don't bother to reply!

However, if you feel compelled to reply - you can expect a response.

I do not respect your beliefs... nor am I concerned if you're offended by my replies.

Don't get me wrong. I’m not saying religion doesn’t have its uses. Personally I turn to it whenever I want my intelligence insulted. And the holy Quran comes in very handy when I need to justify behaviour I’m ashamed of.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10914 May 18, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I got introduced to the Multiverse conjecture (theory?) in an excellent Scientific American article several years ago. It's 'fringe' science, I realize that, but don't feel it's supportive of any kind of mysticism, creationism, ID or anything supernatural. It would just be an amazing amplification of an already amazing reality.
<shrug> As would "warp drive" but I don't believe that is a real thing either.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#10915 May 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No Sister, not all rules are man made. Some are ordained by God is His revelation to His prophets and they never change.
These are fundamental articles of faith and certain other basic rules of morality and ethics and rituals. They stay same irrespective of age.
Prove anyone was a prophet of God.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10916 May 18, 2013
I don't think it will replace religion. There have always been a core of people who want and need to believe, and at least in the foreseeable future I reckon there always will be.
It's also a tool to help govern society. What more efficient way to have people behaving as you want the masses to than to say it's not the Governments/leaders it's a God or Gods.
A great comfort to many and to some a moral necessity (as they can't internalise their own ethics apparently). Sucks about all the wars, judgmental bigots, and (for some) personal hell (in fear of their imagined fate) though.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10917 May 18, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I would imagine he would be quite pissed.
I don't know. RAW is enough of an anarchist to potentially not mind.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10919 May 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You are not much for paying attention are you? Maybe you are seeing the word "thighing" much more than I actually type it.
Would that be, because you know that it is against every natural action of parenthood, it is only that which a pedophile could commit?
There is no message that a just delivered mother needs less than knowing the men in her family, would put their penises in and on her newborn child. There is no act so unnatural, so completely despicable than that. You simply could not push your filthy religion throughout this planet, if that were more widely known.
Islamic men with their little dicked fear of a women's capabilities are going to cut off her clitoris and labia, then when she delivers a child, the men of her family will all fuck that newborn infant, just so that the mother understands her lack of power, and that there is nothing they won't do to hurt her or her child, to keep her downtrodden.
You make a fool out of yourself, in this practice. It proves how terrified you lot are of women. What it doesn't tell you emotionally retarded freaks is that if there was a god possible, he would have made that woman to defend her child from even her husband, he would have made that woman with all the ability to feel any pleasure that a man can.
Thighing is proof that you loons don't beleive in Allah, but that you are willing to believe in a pervert who would "at your families expense" ensure himself and other perves a lifetime of tiny human sex toys.
Now, this is written by you!!

It has your "signature word" all along!!

Carry on, my dear, carry on!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10920 May 18, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove anyone was a prophet of God.
First, do you know who are prophets and what are their qualities?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10921 May 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know that is wrong to abuse, rape and murder little girls?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#10922 May 18, 2013
They were violent barbarians who killed unarmed people who had surrendered and then raped little girls like Muhammad right?

The prophet Muhammad's parents were not married so he was a bastard yes?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>First, do you know who are prophets and what are their qualities?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10923 May 19, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
<shrug> As would "warp drive" but I don't believe that is a real thing either.
Well ... there's some 'science fun' to be had exploring these topics and, I suppose, some magazines to be sold. To accept them unconditionally or uncritically would be falling into the same fallacious mindset the godbots suffer under. On the one hand ... I can see that. On the other hand ... they're like 'science gone wild' and intellectually titillating, like science wearing a bikini. I like it!

" http://www.space.com/17628-warp-drive-possibl... ;

Texas, USA

#10924 May 19, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. RAW is enough of an anarchist to potentially not mind.
Truthfully, his property is probably safe with me. What was once a passion has become more of a chore ... even with large fonts!

Texas, USA

#10925 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. You are very right, we take the words of Prophet as Truth. And we have reasons to believe that Prophets always speak the truth.
God does not pick any Tom, Dick and Harry as His prophet. The prophets lead a blameless life both before the are given the mission and after they get the mission.
02. Theoretically it could be true, but not practically. No prophet of God ever was untrue to his mission and used that office for any personal gain or position.
Considering that you "trust" your nation and its safety and security to such people whom you elect as President and Prime ministers, knowing fully well, how cunning and cheats they are.
When you have no problem seeing your countries taken to illegal wars and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, why should you place that charge on prophets of God?
01 And what reasons might those be? You know, Ooogah Boogah is forcing me to re-evaluate my own critical thinking process, my minds-eye warping around the multiverse with such wild abandon. Maybe I have no right to judge, but ... you seem excessively gullible.

02 I maintain that 'Prophet of God' is a desirable position amongst mere mortals and some people might feel compelled to stretch the truth to attain it. I feel pretty much the same way towards our 'elected officials', whom I trust not at all.

When I believe my country is engaged in 'illegal wars' or 'killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people' I get to signal my protest by applying my vote. It ain't much, but it's what we get in a representative democracy. You really should try it sometime.

Judging the legality of wars or the innocence of people is not the business we are engaged in here or now. It should be pointed out that either the Christian god condones or your god is powerless to protect ... neither is worthy of so much as a single prayer.

Texas, USA

#10926 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, this is written by you!!
It has your "signature word" all along!!
Carry on, my dear, carry on!!
That's not much of a rebuttal, MUQ. Considering the level of depravity we are discussing here, you've done virtually nothing to convince anyone that these are not common, everyday practices. I would really like the matter put into some kind of believable perspective. It's certainly pertinent if we want to reasonably define what are 'illegal wars' and 'innocent' people.

Subjugating and torturing half (the female half) of your population brings your 'innocence' into doubt and frankly, justifies just about any means to bring about change. Furthermore, since it seems 'appeasement' is the policy of our current government, this is causing me to hold Washington in even less regard.

Not that anyone cares. My vote has already been cast for all the good it has done.
S B Y

United States

#10927 May 19, 2013
lies and lives

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10928 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to focus on proving your god. Then you will get some respect around here, and in the real world too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 26 min One way or another 61,114
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 58 min IB DaMann 5,970
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr Science 28,312
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 11 hr Subduction Zone 2,643
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web