Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14668 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

d pantz

Chicago, IL

#10844 May 17, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Not sure where that's coming from. Does bring up memories of a return flight from China I was on. The plane had a number of young American couples who went to China to adopt. That was good. What was bad was the babies. They didn't cry, they were like little zombies. The backs of their heads were flat. I was told it was because the babies were not 'stimulated'. Oh, they were fed and changed I suppose, but not played with, cuddled, talked to ... the stuff 'wanted' babies receive in abundance. My heart burst with pride for the couples who were rescuing these children and broke knowing many thousands (or more) are allowed to what? Simply expire? I don't know. I was assured that after a couple months of 'normal' stimulation the babies would resume their development and be quite healthy.
Life is very cheap in China. The 'one child rule' doesn't work when you need male children to work the fields. Female newborns are often drowned or otherwise disposed of, making the babies I saw on the plane some of the lucky ones. Maybe it's gotten better in light of their new wealth.
yeah, lucky if their gay. Imagine being straight and no females. Maybe that's impossible, so imagine being a gay man and nothing but women.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#10845 May 17, 2013
To cowardly to use your regular screen name? Lol!

Thanks for the laughs idiot!
what is wrong with you wrote:
<quoted text>?
prove what, their anger outweighs reason? Read the thread title, so much for freedom in their world.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#10846 May 17, 2013
Allah makes rules like selling your daughter into marriage when she turns 6 is ordained and proper yes?

That is how you beasts treat your own.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>No Sister, not all rules are man made. Some are ordained by God is His revelation to His prophets and they never change.

These are fundamental articles of faith and certain other basic rules of morality and ethics and rituals. They stay same irrespective of age.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10847 May 17, 2013
Imhetop wrote:
Allah be praised? NO!
Allah willing? YES! Jihad!

ALL CHILDREN ARE BORN ATHEISTS

All innocent children around the world, that have been brainwashed by their parents or clergy, before they reached the age of reason, s/b taught the truth about religions in general, not just the one they are victims of.

It should be ILLEGAL in all countries to promote religious dogma, until they have reached the age of reason.- Then they can be given all of the known worlds religions to study and evaluate.

If you had been born in Mexico you would not be a Muslim

Had you been born in Japan you would not be a Muslim

If you were India you would not be a Muslim

Allah forbid !!!! if you were born in Israel you would not be a Muslim!

Religion depends entirely on geography and the people in that geographic location and has nothing to do with any god.
Ans.

Contrary to your belief, all Newborn are Born with True Nature which is nothing but Islam.

In one saying our prophet, peace be on him said "Every Newborn is born on true nature (i.e. Islam), it is his parents who make him into a Jew, a Christian and a Magi".

What examples you give prove this and not otherwise.

And not every one follows the religion of their parents. There are thousands who leave the religion of their parents and choose what they think as "best religion".

How come we have so many Atheists whose parents were followers of these religions?

If your theory be true, there would be "very few atheists" in the world.

And do not think that all children of these Atheists would become atheists, many of them would pick and choose their own religion for them.

So your theory is flawed!!

PS:

For your info, I was born in India and I am a Muslim!!

You do not know that there are around 200 Million Muslims in India and that Muslims ruled India for about 1000 years!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10848 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Contrary to your belief, all Newborn are Born with True Nature which is nothing but Islam.
In one saying our prophet, peace be on him said "Every Newborn is born on true nature (i.e. Islam), it is his parents who make him into a Jew, a Christian and a Magi".
And not every one follows the religion of their parents. There are thousands who leave the religion of their parents and choose what they think as "best religion".
How come we have so many Atheists whose parents were followers of these religions?
And do not think that all children of these Atheists would become atheists, many of them would pick and choose their own religion for them.
PS:
You do not know that there are around 200 Million Muslims in India and that Muslims ruled India for about 1000 years!!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10849 May 17, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine! Prove it! Crack open a quantum door to one of the other multiverses.... maybe to the one where you realize I have a point.
But that is *exactly* what QM says will not happen. Sort of like someone arguing against evolution saying we should demonstrate a cat giving birth to a donkey. On the other hand, to figure out what will happen in the future, you have to take into consideration *all* possible paths to that future.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#10850 May 17, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a boss ask me, one time, during a quarterly 'review'... "Are you a radio technician or a radio mechanic?". A subtle but important difference. QM, as the name implies, suggests that we are just at the 'mechanic' stage. I'm sure, one day, there will be a QT tweaking the Quantum Entangled Transceiver on board some far flung, multi-generational starship, trying to pick up the latest hockey scores from Terra.
Quantum Mechanics as opposed to Classical Mechanics: not the same type of mechanics as a car mechanic. And once again, QM specifically says there is no communication between those entangled states once separated. It does not violate the speed of light. Just another one of those situations where people attempt to understand quantum phenomena via classical reasoning. That will fail.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#10851 May 17, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism IS a religion. The US courts have ruled that it's a religion.
For the purposes of allowing free time in prison.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#10852 May 17, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
This is the argument from authority fallacy. Just because someone has a degree in something, that doesn't automatically make them correct or all knowledgeable on the topic. A conversation with a PhD in Theology should demonstrate that quite clearly.
Agreed. Now, how is knowledge and authority in a subject obtained? In the sciences, it is done by predicting the results of observations. THAT is the ultimate test: can you predict what will happen in future observations that attempt to break the theory? And for *that* quantum mechanics passes with flying colors.
Or more concisely, your multiverses are as imaginary as the Chirsturd's Gawd and will remain so until you can prove otherwise.
So take the 'shut up and calculate' route to QM. Most working physicists do. The actual predictions are the same either way.

The point is the many worlds (slightly different than multiverse, btw) interpretations are natural in the context of QM and lead to insights that can be tested, such as decoherence. It is possible those insights would have happened without that interpretations, but the historical fact is that they didn't.
Now, please do me a favor and quietly pound sand in your azz.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10853 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
PS:
mindless brainwashed liar who doesn't know when to stop promoting his voluntary hallucinations online.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#10854 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
PS:
The fact that Muslims exist in other cultures where the dominant religion is not Islam is not any great news.

Unlike you I was born perfect the first time.

everything works perfect no God was present, no God was necessary.

Contrary to my belief no - contrary to your belief!

Long before the desert religions there was this... and this all that will ever be needed.

"This is the sum of duty. Do not unto others that which would cause you pain if done to you." -- Mahabharata 5:1517, from the Vedic tradition of India, circa 3000 BCE

"What is hateful to you, do not to our fellow man. That is entire Law, all the rest is commentary." -- Talmud, Shabbat 31a, from the Judaic tradition, circa 1300 BCE

"That nature alone is good which refrains from doing unto another whatsoever is not good for itself." -- Avesta, Dadistan-i-dinik 94:5, from the Zoroastrian tradition, circa 600 BCE

"Hurt not others in ways that you find hurtful." -- Tripitaka, Udanga-varga 5,18 , from the Buddhist tradition, circa 525 BCE

"Surely it is the maxim of loving kindness, do not unto others that which you would not have done unto you." -- Analects, Lun-yu XV,23, from the Confucian tradition, circa 500 BCE

"One should treat all beings as he himself would be treated." -- Agamas, Sutrakrtanga 1.10, 1-3, from the Jain tradition, circa 500 BCE

"Regard your neighbor's gain as your gain and your neighbor's loss as your loss." -- Tai-shang Kang-ying P'ien, from the Taoist tradition, circa 500 BCE

"Do not do to others that which would anger you if others did it to you." -- Socrates (the Greek philosopher), circa 470-399 BCE

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10855 May 17, 2013
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> yeah, lucky if their gay. Imagine being straight and no females. Maybe that's impossible, so imagine being a gay man and nothing but women.
I suspect after a few days tending rice you'd take comfort wherever you could find it.

Texas, USA

#10856 May 17, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum Mechanics as opposed to Classical Mechanics: not the same type of mechanics as a car mechanic. And once again, QM specifically says there is no communication between those entangled states once separated. It does not violate the speed of light. Just another one of those situations where people attempt to understand quantum phenomena via classical reasoning. That will fail.
Oh come on now! There's really no fundamental difference between someone torquing a head bolt on a Buick and someone 'measuring the momentum' of a super-cool cesium atom!! Both are mechanics mucking about with the bits and pieces that hold their respective systems together. Anybody can take things apart ... the real trick is making them work after you put 'em back together.

I thought that was the whole deal, the 'magic' inexplicable part, the separated bits 'knowing' the state of the other despite being separated. Somehow communicating when 'classical' reasoning shouts that no such communication should be possible. Does this mean we can't expect "Quantum Entangled Transceivers" anytime soon? Or <you're killing me here> NEVER?!?!?

For some reason, when I see that we've developed a full understanding of something, I expect to start seeing practical applications. Like 'electromagnetism' was all fine on paper, but what good was it until the first washing machine rolled off the assembly line?

Texas, USA

#10857 May 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Muslims exist in other cultures where the dominant religion is not Islam is not any great news.
Unlike you I was born perfect the first time.
everything works perfect no God was present, no God was necessary.
Contrary to my belief no - contrary to your belief!
Long before the desert religions there was this... and this all that will ever be needed.
"This is the sum of duty. Do not unto others that which would cause you pain if done to you." -- Mahabharata 5:1517, from the Vedic tradition of India, circa 3000 BCE
"What is hateful to you, do not to our fellow man. That is entire Law, all the rest is commentary." -- Talmud, Shabbat 31a, from the Judaic tradition, circa 1300 BCE
"That nature alone is good which refrains from doing unto another whatsoever is not good for itself." -- Avesta, Dadistan-i-dinik 94:5, from the Zoroastrian tradition, circa 600 BCE
"Hurt not others in ways that you find hurtful." -- Tripitaka, Udanga-varga 5,18 , from the Buddhist tradition, circa 525 BCE
"Surely it is the maxim of loving kindness, do not unto others that which you would not have done unto you." -- Analects, Lun-yu XV,23, from the Confucian tradition, circa 500 BCE
"One should treat all beings as he himself would be treated." -- Agamas, Sutrakrtanga 1.10, 1-3, from the Jain tradition, circa 500 BCE
"Regard your neighbor's gain as your gain and your neighbor's loss as your loss." -- Tai-shang Kang-ying P'ien, from the Taoist tradition, circa 500 BCE
"Do not do to others that which would anger you if others did it to you." -- Socrates (the Greek philosopher), circa 470-399 BCE
How the heck did you come up with all that?!? "Spot on", BTW.

Texas, USA

#10858 May 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No Sister, not all rules are man made. Some are ordained by God is His revelation to His prophets and they never change.
These are fundamental articles of faith and certain other basic rules of morality and ethics and rituals. They stay same irrespective of age.
Ultimately though, you must take the prophets word as to the origin of these various ideas. For all you know, he could just be making this stuff up. There's really nothing in any of these 'revelations' that takes them outside of human capability to conjure up. This single realization renders all religion superfluous and childish.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#10859 May 17, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
How the heck did you come up with all that?!? "Spot on", BTW.
I have always enjoyed studying the world's religions superstitions.

I was never raised religious therefore religion became a Curiosity item for me.

I wondered what all the hooplah was about.

So I began to study religion in general and superstitions around the world.

I found this not only entertaining but Fascinating
Along the way I picked up various items of interest and carefully logged them away as word documents for future reference.

There is an incredible amount of information available if you just take the time to look for it.

And none of this information provides even the lightest twinge of evidence to support any Gods.

What it does indicate - in no uncertain terms - is that gods do not exist.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10860 May 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
..I was never raised religious therefore religion became a Curiosity item for me.
You were lucky. I had baptism, then sunday school, confirmation, then choir, bible study, confirmation, regular church, listening to boring sermons, for a lot of my life. All that wasted time! And you can't get it back!!
Lincoln

United States

#10861 May 17, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
You were lucky. I had baptism, then sunday school, confirmation, then choir, bible study, confirmation, regular church, listening to boring sermons, for a lot of my life. All that wasted time! And you can't get it back!!
Time wasted reading Richard Dawkins .......:-)
Skeptic and Givemeliberty now the same person

Texas, USA

#10862 May 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always enjoyed studying the world's religions superstitions.
I was never raised religious therefore religion became a Curiosity item for me.
I wondered what all the hooplah was about.
So I began to study religion in general and superstitions around the world.
I found this not only entertaining but Fascinating
Along the way I picked up various items of interest and carefully logged them away as word documents for future reference.
There is an incredible amount of information available if you just take the time to look for it.
And none of this information provides even the lightest twinge of evidence to support any Gods.
What it does indicate - in no uncertain terms - is that gods do not exist.
I've done pretty much the same thing ... with science. Almost no formal education in these matters. I'm sure it shows. As for religion, I was brought up 'Southern Baptist', duly baptized and all that, but detected the smell of 'something fishy' about it very early on. We all do seem compelled to understand our place in things ... a pursuit that can literally take a lifetime. Regrettably, too many take a religious path that distracts and diverts resources from more reasonable pursuits that have demonstrably benefited Mankind. That, I feel, is our task here ... to chip away, one little post at a time, at the decaying corpse of religious inspired ignorance. Oh and ... to have a little fun at the godbots expense! LOL

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10863 May 17, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the purposes of allowing free time in prison.
Which they based on the First Amendment.

This is the same amendment on which other governmental treatment of religion is based.

So your point is no point.

If atheism is a religion based on the First Amendment, it is as much a religion as any other religion in the eyes of government.

"Atheism is [the inmate's] religion,..."

-7th Circuit Court of Appeals

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Thinking 245,060
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 20 min Brian_G 20,650
John 3:16 1 hr par five 93
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Knowledge- 11,006
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Sat NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" Fri Shizle 20
More from around the web