Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10592 May 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I combined your posts on the two threads into one post and post a common reply.
01. You are overreacting sister, that too in a hurry and without thinking.
When I spoke of God not speaking "directly to any human" is from the point of "legislation". I.e. No one can come and claim that "God said to me so and so, so please follow me".
This is type of revelation, which is only send to prophets of God.
As for as people being in "touch with God and feeling His presence and having metaphysical connection with Him, all these are possible, but no rules and / or regulations can be derived from such personal experiences".
We do not worship Quran, this is again your misunderstanding Sister. Quran is book of revelation from God, it is Word of God, but we do not worship it, we worship only God.
If any one worships any book, he or she is on the wrong path.
02. Jesus as a Prophet of God spoke to God thru the medium of Holy Spirit, who was an angel of God.
It was later when Christians made this "Holy Spirit" as their "personal servant" so to say and do all "odd jobs" fro them.
This is not what is the Islamic concept of Holy Spirit. He was no one else but Archangel Gabriel, who used to come to Jesus with messages from God, and he used to come to every prophet of God, including the last and final prophet.
That is why Sister, I asked you to read Quran and learn about Islam, because accusing us of worshipping this and that.
We Muslims do not worship anything else except God / Allah in purest form and do not associate any one either in His personality or in His attributes and in His Powers.
In Islam Sister, you will find pure monotheism and nothing else.
Worthless religious babbling from the lying troll with no proof of god.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10593 May 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I combined your posts on the two threads into one post and post a common reply.
01. You are overreacting sister, that too in a hurry and without thinking.
When I spoke of God not speaking "directly to any human" is from the point of "legislation". I.e. No one can come and claim that "God said to me so and so, so please follow me".
This is type of revelation, which is only send to prophets of God.
As for as people being in "touch with God and feeling His presence and having metaphysical connection with Him, all these are possible, but no rules and / or regulations can be derived from such personal experiences".
We do not worship Quran, this is again your misunderstanding Sister. Quran is book of revelation from God, it is Word of God, but we do not worship it, we worship only God.
If any one worships any book, he or she is on the wrong path.
02. Jesus as a Prophet of God spoke to God thru the medium of Holy Spirit, who was an angel of God.
It was later when Christians made this "Holy Spirit" as their "personal servant" so to say and do all "odd jobs" fro them.
This is not what is the Islamic concept of Holy Spirit. He was no one else but Archangel Gabriel, who used to come to Jesus with messages from God, and he used to come to every prophet of God, including the last and final prophet.
That is why Sister, I asked you to read Quran and learn about Islam, because accusing us of worshipping this and that.
We Muslims do not worship anything else except God / Allah in purest form and do not associate any one either in His personality or in His attributes and in His Powers.
In Islam Sister, you will find pure monotheism and nothing else.
Still no word from you about:-

Too difficult for you to answer?

Or are you just gutless?
Lincoln

United States

#10594 May 11, 2013
Atheist zealots and Christians zealots seem so much alike.
Both like mythology, seem intolerant of criticism and lack a sense of humor.

"Scratch an atheist and out pops an agnostic"

Location hidden

#10595 May 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Now that you admit you have no proof of god and are a liar, its good time to shut up, you failed creationist troll with no morals.
Lincoln

United States

#10596 May 11, 2013
Good to have septic on a short leash :-)

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10597 May 11, 2013
I deleted your off topic spam that nobody here has brought up. Perhaps you can actually participate in a conversation and actually answer questions instead of mindlessly spamming from your scribd page.

Then maybe you should advocate for the end of Muslim child brides?

Reflect on it.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.
I combined your posts on the two threads
In Islam, you will find pure barbarism and nothing else.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10598 May 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I deleted your off topic spam that nobody here has brought up. Perhaps you can actually participate in a conversation and actually answer questions instead of mindlessly spamming from your scribd page.
Then maybe you should advocate for the end of Muslim child brides?
Reflect on it.
<quoted text>
What else one would expect from an idiot like you?

Scottsburg, IN

#10599 May 12, 2013
Perhaps Muq you could explain why Muslims feel the need for honor killing women in their own families?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>What else one would expect from a humanist like you?
Imhotep

Sun City Center, FL

#10600 May 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Scratch a priest and out pops a alter boy!

Scratch a tele evangelist and out pops a closet gay.

Scratch a Mormon and out pops their magic underwear.

Scratch a faith healer and out pops a fraud.

Scratch another televangelist and out pops either a bigot or whoremonger.

Scratch any prisoner incarcerated today and out pops a Jesus freak.
Lincoln

United States

#10601 May 12, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Scratch a priest and out pops a alter boy!
Scratch a tele evangelist and out pops a closet gay.
Scratch a Mormon and out pops their magic underwear.
Scratch a faith healer and out pops a fraud.
Scratch another televangelist and out pops either a bigot or whoremonger.
Scratch any prisoner incarcerated today and out pops a Jesus freak.
Scratch a Libertarian and out pops an off shore bank account.

Scratch a Republican and out pops concern for persecuted billionaires

Location hidden

#10602 May 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Scratch a Libertarian and out pops an off shore bank account.
Scratch a Republican and out pops concern for persecuted billionaires
Scratch a creationist troll and out pops a spammy liar.
Lincoln

United States

#10604 May 12, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
Do you know? Organized religion is a mere 5000 years old!
Dogs have been mans best friend for over 76,000 years.
Who has the real brains? I vote for the dog!
Did you vote for Fran├žois Holland?
Lincoln

United States

#10606 May 12, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
As a British Expat. I don't vote in French elections! Perhaps as an expat I can vote in American elections??? You tell me!
depends on the state :-)
Lincoln

United States

#10609 May 12, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
As a British Expat. I don't vote in French elections! Perhaps as an expat I can vote in American elections??? You tell me!
in Chicago for President Obama :-)

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10612 May 12, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
Do you know? Organized religion is a mere 5000 years old!
Dogs have been mans best friend for over 76,000 years.
Who has the real brains? I vote for the dog!
Wrong.

Various theocracies began arising "a mere 5000 years" ago, but the oldest archaeological evidence of an "organized" religion, i.e. the worship of lunar deities, was found in Jericho, Palestine and dates to about 10,000 BC. or 12,000 years ago.

The oldest archaeological evidence of human religious beliefs, i.e ritualized burial of human remains, is dated to around 100,000 BC.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10614 May 12, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence would be nice! But! Do you agree the planet is around 4.7 billion years old and the human ape is a mere 2 million years old at the most?
Actually, the closest estimate of the Earth's age is 4.54 billion years old.

Scottsburg, IN

#10615 May 12, 2013
Why does the bible need to always remind us that god is good? Shouldn't his actions be enough? Guess not! Why Batman and Superman are better!

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10616 May 12, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence would be nice! But! Do you agree the planet is around 4.7 billion years old and the human ape is a mere 2 million years old at the most?
Why do atheists always try to change the subject whenever their "facts" are exposed as unsupported opinions?

The age of this planet aka Earth and everything else in this galaxy is estimated to be 4.5 to 4.6 billion years old.

What "human ape"? FYI the fabled missing link between apes and humans has never been found, bubba. The DNA and mtDNA evidence says homo sapiens arose between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago which means homo sapiens have had religious beliefs from the beginning of their existence on this planet.

Scottsburg, IN

#10617 May 12, 2013
You really need to get a high school education.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Why do atheists always try to change the subject whenever their "facts" are exposed as unsupported opinions?

The age of this planet aka Earth and everything else in this galaxy is estimated to be 4.5 to 4.6 billion years old.

What "human ape"? FYI the fabled missing link between apes and humans has never been found, bubba. The DNA and mtDNA evidence says homo sapiens arose between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago which means homo sapiens have had religious beliefs from the beginning of their existence on this planet.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#10618 May 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalizing pedophilia is just part of godless atheism's agenda. Is this an inconvenient truth for you, bubba?
Not really, as if you notice your linky didn't even support your assertion. In fact I'd say you were the one with the problem since, like many fundies, you're COMPLETELY obsessed with the subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 min DanFromSmithville 16,450
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 6 min Eagle 12 281
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min It aint necessari... 40,867
News Atheism Destroyed with One Scientific Question 1 hr Mikko 13
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr Reason Personified 121
A Universe from Nothing? 3 hr thetruth 105
www 5 hr www 1
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr thetruth 256,128
More from around the web