Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Read more: News24 14,566

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Read more

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#10469 May 8, 2013
Forced to recycle the same edited line again and again ad busted red handed, of course naturally he will be back on one of his socks to say we are being closed minded.

There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair.(Albert Einstein, 1934)
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
He's gotten fed up with losing so now he's losing in a completely different way by spamming.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10470 May 8, 2013
On Buddha, Moses, and Jesus

Our time is distinguishedby wonderful achievements in the fields of scientific understanding and the technical application of those insights. Who would not be cheered by this? But let us not forget that knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life. Humanity has every reason to place the proclaimers of high moral standards and values above the discoverers of objective truth. What humanity owes to personalities like Buddha, Moses, and Jesus ranks for me higher than all the achievements of the enquiring and constructive mind.

What these blessed men have given us we must guard and try to keep alive with all our strength if humanity is not to lose its dignity, the security of its existence, and its joy in living.

Albert Einsteinó From Goldman, p. 88.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#10471 May 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds pretty awesome!
It was awesome. I need to go there again.

Lexington, KY

#10472 May 8, 2013
Which is from a questionable interview with a christian apologetic.

By the way here is the website you are cherry picking from...

http://www.einsteinandreligion.com/atheism.ht...

As expected it is chock full of changes, personal opinions on his words, quote taken out of context and heavy edits to reflect the apologetic's tastes.

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly.

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly.

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. Albert Einstein, 1954

Of course you will not answer this, checkmate.:)
ezdzit wrote:
On Buddha, Moses, and Jesus
Our time is distinguishedby wonderful achievements in the fields of scientific understanding and the technical application of those insights. Who would not be cheered by this? But let us not forget that knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life. Humanity has every reason to place the proclaimers of high moral standards and values above the discoverers of objective truth. What humanity owes to personalities like Buddha, Moses, and Jesus ranks for me higher than all the achievements of the enquiring and constructive mind.
What these blessed men have given us we must guard and try to keep alive with all our strength if humanity is not to lose its dignity, the security of its existence, and its joy in living.
Albert Einsteinó From Goldman, p. 88.
Lincoln

United States

#10473 May 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Which is from a questionable interview with a christian apologetic.
By the way here is the website you are cherry picking from...
http://www.einsteinandreligion.com/atheism.ht...
As expected it is chock full of changes, personal opinions on his words, quote taken out of context and heavy edits to reflect the apologetic's tastes.
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. Albert Einstein, 1954
Of course you will not answer this, checkmate.:)
<quoted text>
His writing are complex and may have changed over the years.
Interviews with family and friends may indicate some religious views.
Possibility that he kept his religious views to himself exists.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#10474 May 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
His writing are complex and may have changed over the years.
Interviews with family and friends may indicate some religious views.
Possibility that he kept his religious views to himself exists.
Perhaps there was a spiritual side to Einstein. But everyone who has studied him seems to agree that he though Judeo-Christian religions were laughable.

Lexington, KY

#10475 May 8, 2013
He said he did not believe in a personal god especially one that had ever interacted with people or judged them which he deemed childish as he scoffed at the idea of an afterlife.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps there was a spiritual side to Einstein. But everyone who has studied him seems to agree that he though Judeo-Christian religions were laughable.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10476 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
Atheist believe God does not exist.
<quoted text>
Khatru:
"Atheists believe there are no gods."
Bingo!!
A positive belief!!
As in Religion!
A positive assertion in a belief put the burden of proof on "you" that there is no gods!
This is a perfect example of an Atheist that DOES believe there is no God.
Not an atheist that has an absence of all beliefs.
Merriam-Webster
athe¬∑ist\ňąńĀ-thńď-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
Point proven!
To easy.
LOL[/QUOTE]

Irrespective of whatever you do, you cannot find a "positive definition" of Atheism.

And you can NEVER define who is an atheist, how it could replace religions?

When you destroy a building or structure, you have to build another one to replace it. Just destroying the building and structure and leaving the void unfilled is a mark of stupidity.

That is why I say, Atheism shall never replace religion, because it has nothing to offer to its believers.

Lexington, KY

#10477 May 9, 2013
Atheism is not believing in god/s.

Not believing in ancient desert delusions is a positive thing Muq. That's why you sell children into forced marriage and we don't. Your people fly planes into buildings and we don't.
MUQ wrote:
Irrespective of whatever you do, you cannot find a "positive definition" of Atheism.

When you destroy a building or structure, you have to build another one to replace it. Just destroying the building and structure and leaving the void unfilled is a mark of stupidity.

That is why I say, Atheism shall never replace religion, because it has nothing to offer to its believers.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10478 May 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
..When you destroy a building or structure, you have to build another one to replace it. Just destroying the building and structure and leaving the void unfilled is a mark of stupidity.
You replace superstition with reason. You replace irrationality with rationality. You replace stupidity with intelligence. Supernatural with the natural. Fantasy with reality.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#10479 May 9, 2013
He's also missing an important point: I'm not particularly bothered about out of context Einstein quotes.

We have all benefited from the science that Einstein got right - but we haven't built our lives on Einstein's chit chat.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
This maroon Uses Einstein as if he were a Christian idiot like he is.
Christians know how to lie very well... After all they've been brought up on lies their entire life.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10480 May 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right because we protect children rather than abuse, rape and murder them.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#10481 May 9, 2013
Religion suits you because you need an excuse to mutilate girls.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#10482 May 9, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Albert Einstein was persecuted by the Nazis.
USA took him in as a refugee.
YAY for the U S A !!!
Werner Von Braun's rockets killed thousands.

The USA took him in and paid him thousands.

YAY for the USA!!!
Lincoln

United States

#10483 May 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Werner Von Braun's rockets killed thousands.
The USA took him in and paid him thousands.
YAY for the USA!!!
A valid Point.
Werner Von Braun
put rockets in on London

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10484 May 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It 'replaces' religion when the religion is abandoned.
Not if the building is crumbling and is a hazard to the safety of people walking by.
Well, the hope is that religion will be recognized as the superstition it is and gradually fade away.
pen name

Renton, WA

#10485 May 9, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
Well, the hope is that religion will be recognized as the superstition it is and gradually fade away.

Never happen. The truth is only suppressed with the violence of atheism as seen in the ussr and china, korea. No truth in atheism which is a pagan superstition.

The marxist often call "religion" a superstition for their political revolution. Has nothing to do with real world history which supports the biblical account.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10486 May 9, 2013

Einstein was asked in an interview:ďDo you believe in the God of Spinoza?Ē

Einstein answered:ďI canít answer with a simple yes or no. Iím not an atheist and I donít think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesnít know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see a universe marvellously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinozaís pantheism, but admire even more his contributions to modern thought because he is the first philosopher to deal with the soul and the body as one, not two separate things.Ē

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10487 May 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Einstein was asked in an interview:ďDo you believe in the God of Spinoza?Ē
Einstein answered:ďI canít answer with a simple yes or no. Iím not an atheist and I donít think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesnít know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see a universe marvellously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinozaís pantheism, but admire even more his contributions to modern thought because he is the first philosopher to deal with the soul and the body as one, not two separate things.Ē
A child will also see "bunnies" in cloud formations. That does not mean there is a bunny there. This is the same with your "Intelligent Designer", you see formations that to you indicate a designer is present. The child's perspective is at least more intelligent, because he knows that bunnies exist. You don't even know that much about your designer.

Basically, you've got nothing again.
Lincoln

United States

#10488 May 9, 2013
Intelligent design is fallacious but serves to drive smug atheists mad when taught in public schools.
Any teachers from rural America will validate this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,497
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr Uncle Sam 237,766
News Confessions of a black atheist 6 hr Savant 340
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 6 hr James 153
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr thetruth 1,996
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 12 hr thetruth 23
News The Consequences of Atheism 15 hr Thinking 1,268
More from around the web