Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10448 May 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views!
Einstein - quoted in Jammer, p. 97
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."
-- Albert Einstein,

"I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist."

- Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner Jr, July 2, 1945, responding to a rumor that a Jesuit priest had caused Einstein to convert from atheism;

Your creationist lies are no match for the bitter truth.

Also, your argument from authority fails entirely - makes no difference whether Einstein believed or didn't - YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF GOD - so sh*t the f*ck up you creationist troll.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#10449 May 8, 2013
It must be Lincoln's puppet. I wonder why these Christians are so desperate they resort to all these sock puppets?
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>He's just going to keep spamming altered quotes from Einstein.
He won't answer.
MrC

UK

#10450 May 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
The bigotry of the nonbeliever is for me nearly as funny as the bigotry of the believer.
Albert Einstein
So he believed believers were bigots....you think he considered himself a bigot? He certainly considered you a bigot.

Einstein would probably have called you 'as dense as Osmium' for posting that particular quote in support of your position...but then it's no mystery that you're dense...but not very sharp.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10451 May 8, 2013
The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoin their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"cannot hear the music of the spheres.

Albert Einstein

Lexington, KY

#10452 May 8, 2013
Still editing his quotes I see.

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. Albert Einstein, 1954
ezdzit wrote:
The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoin their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"cannot hear the music of the spheres.
Albert Einstein

Lexington, KY

#10453 May 8, 2013
Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of Nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.
(Albert Einstein, 1936, The Human Side. Responding to a child who wrote and asked if scientists pray.)
ezdzit wrote:
Albert Einstein
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

#10454 May 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Albert Einstein
I believe fanatical atheists are pretty much like any theist that posts to an atheist forum.

Seriously disturbed, Much like you.
KJV

United States

#10455 May 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I only asked a simple question "What is atheism and who is an atheist"?

What answers I get tell only negatives, i.e Athiesm do NOT believe in God and Athiesm do not believe in religions....that is fine.

But what they Do believe in?

You cannot have only Negatives to replace a thing that has Positive attributes. Do you.

So far no one is able to give me simple answer to this question.

Is this question "too difficult" for you to answer?
Atheist believe God does not exist.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists believe there are no gods.

Note the plural, wetpants.
Khatru:
"Atheists believe there are no gods."

Bingo!!

A positive belief!!
As in Religion!

A positive assertion in a belief put the burden of proof on "you" that there is no gods!

This is a perfect example of an Atheist that DOES believe there is no God.

Not an atheist that has an absence of all beliefs.

Merriam-Webster
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

Point proven!

To easy.

LOL

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10456 May 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Albert Einstein
If you are so certain Einstein had it right, why don't you believe as he did, in Spinoza's god?

#10458 May 8, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
How can one want to know the thoughts of God and yet not believe in God?
[/QUOTE]
Spinoza's god .... try to pay attention, will ya?

Lexington, KY

#10459 May 8, 2013
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. Albert Einstein, 1954

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
How can one want to know the thoughts of God and yet not believe in God?
[/QUOTE]

Lexington, KY

#10460 May 8, 2013
The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion. Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning.(Albert Einstein)

You Christholes never should have went with Einstein, I can do this all day humiliating you :))
Mirra Weldt Zo Om

Rocklin, CA

#10461 May 8, 2013
Silly boogers. All this is to serve to distract you from the poochea garniae. Be aware and dont stare.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#10462 May 8, 2013
Hello Blubber, Einstein was a proponent of a steady state universe and therefore didn't believe in creation.

Do you still respect all that he said?
ezdzit wrote:
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
Albert Einstein

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10463 May 8, 2013
For KJV's posts, you must take away the new line between the "V" and the quotation mark.
He added some kind of character in his name that isn't recognized by Topix.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10464 May 8, 2013
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.....

Albert Einstein
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

#10465 May 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Hello Blubber, Einstein was a proponent of a steady state universe and therefore didn't believe in creation.
Do you still respect all that he said?
<quoted text>
This maroon Uses Einstein as if he were a Christian idiot like he is.

Christians know how to lie very well... After all they've been brought up on lies their entire life.

Lexington, KY

#10466 May 8, 2013
You already posted this... Twice.

He said he didn't believe in a personal god :)
ezdzit wrote:
“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.....”

Albert Einstein

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10467 May 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>You already posted this... Twice.

He said he didn't believe in a personal god :)
He's gotten fed up with losing so now he's losing in a completely different way by spamming.

#10468 May 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.....
Albert Einstein
Simplistically, Spinoza's God is Nature itself.

It's really more complex than that, but I want you to try to understand it and that might be about the best you can do.

Einstein believed in Spinoza's god, not your Buy Bull god.

http://www.waterwind.com/spinoza.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Becoming a parent changed everything. 5 min Givemeliberty 16
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 min oneear69 22,286
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 17 min Patrick 332
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 24 min Patrick 14
Atheist Babies 32 min Patrick 39
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 53 min Patrick 194
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 1 hr Patrick 4,107
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
•••

Atheism People Search