Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 494)

Showing posts 9,861 - 9,880 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd better double check your figures, you are in for a huge disappointment.
Not necessarily. It's quite possible for Christianity to be growing faster than atheism in terms of raw numbers even while atheism is growing at a much faster rate when measured as a percentage of its current numbers or of the national or global population. All that is required for that to happen is for Christianity's current membership to be much larger than the subpopulation of atheists (it is) and for it to be growing at a much slower rate than that of the general population (it is) even though atheism is growing much faster by the latter measure (it is).

Oh, yes--and for the observer to be more than a little inept in math.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim: "Someone who does not believe in any other gods than the one mentioned in the Quran". Using your own reasoning that`s a negative.
Muslim: "Someone who does not eat bacon"...TOTALLY NEGATIVE!
If there was EVER something remotely approaching proof of a benevolent god it would be Maple Leaf Canadian Maple Cured Bacon.
You are wrong, Islam does have a Negative as well as Positive element in its basic creed. Listen to this Basic Creed of Islam after saying this once becomes a Muslim:

a. AL ASHADU :(I DECLARE)(POSITIVE ACTION)

B. AL LA ILAHA (THAT THEIR IS NO DEITY (WORTH WORSHIPPING)(DENIAL, A NEGATIVE ACT)

C. ILLA ALLAH (EXCEPT ALLAH)(A VERY POSITIVE ASSERTION)

D. WA AL ASHADU (AND I DECLARE)(POSITIVE ACTION)

E. ANNA MUHAMMAD ROSOOL-AL-ALLAH (THAT MOHAMMAD IS A MESSENGER OF ALLAH)(ANOTHER POSITIVE ACTION)

No one can have any ideology based on only negation, that is why no one is able to define what is atheism.

And no one will be able to build any society or any civilization based on negative thinking.

So please rake your brains and bring a definition of Atheism that has some thing positive in it, not jugglery of words.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

PS:

And Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms all previous religions and prophets.

Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms that Allah did sent His prophets and messengers and books and revelation to every past nations of the world.

Islam has much more POSITIVE attitude towards other religions than any other religion.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Dude wrote:
01. Not at all. You simply misunderstand basic English language. Either that or you are deliberately dishonestly misrepresenting it.

02. For example - there is zero evidence of alien life at present. However since we've only explored the tiniest fraction of our universe it would be EXTREMELY premature to claim that aliens definitely do not exist. However, it would NOT be extremely premature to say that there's no reason to believe that there are or have been aliens on planet Earth. So while an X-Files nut can claim aliens have visited Earth, I can simply dismiss the claim due to a lack of evidence. HIS is the positive assertion that aliens have visited Earth. He can't back up his claim. Therefore it is NOT a POSITIVE claim to say that I lack a belief in the existence of alien visitation so have no reason to treat the claim as valid.
Ans.

You are just trying to use "verbal jugglery" and trying to act like a funny way, just as drowning men grab straws.

To compare "Atheism" which is a "major system in the world" with Alien Life in Universe shows that you are comparing apples against oranges.

Why do you not admit that you "do not have a positive definition" of what Atheism is.

It is a negative definition that there is No God and there is No religion….. but what takes the place of God and religion in atheism, you have to declare that also.

PS:

If this is your level of arguments, then why do you not become Christian and "explain" Trinity in common language to the multitude"!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
So the definition of disbelief isn't the definition of disbelief?

Where did you get the idea that a definition has to be a positive?

You're half-right when you say "you can not have a system which is only based on negation" because atheism doesn't have a system.

You either believe in a god or you don't.
You're either a theist, or an atheist.

We need not anything to take the place of a god because there is no god, so there is nothing to replace.
Ans.

Disbelief is "willful rejection of truth, once one gets convinced of it" so it has both positive and negative actions in it.

And disbelievers reject a particular faith but stick to whatever faith their forefathers and society stick to.

It is totally different from Atheism, who reject God and religion and have nothing to fill it with.

That is why I said that atheists are most unreasonable and illogical people on the face of earth.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
It is totally different from Atheism, who reject God and religion and have nothing to fill it with.
Once you reject religion, the gap you fill it with is reality. You swop fantasy for reality. You may prefer comforting myths, that is your choice.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Islam has much more POSITIVE attitude towards other religions than any other religion.
Ah I forgot, Islam the religion of peace :D Islam was spread through group hugs :D
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>..and "explain" Trinity in common language to the multitude"!!
Islam is essentially unitarianism. The belief in one God. His encounters with Nestorian monks I suspect had a lot to do with the real founding of that religion.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, Islam does have a Negative as well as Positive element in its basic creed. Listen to this Basic Creed of Islam after saying this once becomes a Muslim:
B. AL LA ILAHA (THAT THEIR IS NO DEITY (WORTH WORSHIPPING)(DENIAL, A NEGATIVE ACT)
E. ANNA MUHAMMAD ROSOOL-AL-ALLAH (THAT MOHAMMAD IS A MESSENGER OF ALLAH)(ANOTHER POSITIVE ACTION)
No one can have any ideology based on only negation, that is why no one is able to define what is atheism.
And no one will be able to build any society or any civilization based on negative thinking.
So please rake your brains and bring a definition of Atheism that has some thing positive in it, not jugglery of words.
Why will you not comment on:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

MUQ wrote:
PS:
And Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms all previous religions and prophets.
Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms that Allah did sent His prophets and messengers and books and revelation to every past nations of the world.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You are just trying to use "verbal jugglery" and trying to act like a funny way, just as drowning men grab straws.
To compare "Atheism" which is a "major system in the world" with Alien Life in Universe shows that you are comparing apples against oranges.
Why do you not admit that you "do not have a positive definition" of what Atheism is.
It is a negative definition that there is No God and there is No religion….. but what takes the place of God and religion in atheism, you have to declare that also.
PS:
If this is your level of arguments, then why do you not become Christian and "explain" Trinity in common language to the multitude"!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Disbelief is "willful rejection of truth, once one gets convinced of it" so it has both positive and negative actions in it.
And disbelievers reject a particular faith but stick to whatever faith their forefathers and society stick to.
That is why I said that atheists are most unreasonable and illogical people on the face of earth.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
atheism is an ideology now?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

I don't know where you got your definitions but they are incorrect.

Stop cowering Muq you shame Islam. What is the positive definition of infidel?
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Islam confirms Krishna, Buddha, Mitra, Zoroastrian?

Nope. It is a barbaric Arab religion created to give blood thirsty looters something to rally behind. It was spread by the sword as you have admitted and just as in ancient pagan Arabic religion days where you had Allah the moon god and his two goddess daughters you confessed in modern Islam you have Allah and his two goddess daughters!

So really you worship at least three of not more gods.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
MUQ wrote:
PS:

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I can see now why you people can't maintain your own jet planes or locate, extract or refine your own oil. To obtain your level of religious zeal requires indoctrination that must preclude (almost) everything else. Your religion has made you a slave and a rather nasty one, all things considered.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
PS:
Islamists are commanded by their scripture to murder non-Islamists.

I don't call that a "positive attitude".

But maybe I'm too picky.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
atheism is an ideology now?
Not just now - always has been.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah I forgot, Islam the religion of peace :D Islam was spread through group hugs :D
The pitbull is a dog of peace.

Moderate Islamists don't want to kill westerners.

They just enjoy watching them die.

If Muslims didn't hate America, American liberals would hate them.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Islamists are commanded by their scripture to murder non-Islamists.
I don't call that a "positive attitude".
But maybe I'm too picky.
Same barbarity as the old testament.Which "loving" Jesus supported to the letter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,861 - 9,880 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••