Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10201 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>..and "explain" Trinity in common language to the multitude"!!
Islam is essentially unitarianism. The belief in one God. His encounters with Nestorian monks I suspect had a lot to do with the real founding of that religion.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10202 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, Islam does have a Negative as well as Positive element in its basic creed. Listen to this Basic Creed of Islam after saying this once becomes a Muslim:
a. AL ASHADU :(I DECLARE)(POSITIVE ACTION)
B. AL LA ILAHA (THAT THEIR IS NO DEITY (WORTH WORSHIPPING)(DENIAL, A NEGATIVE ACT)
C. ILLA ALLAH (EXCEPT ALLAH)(A VERY POSITIVE ASSERTION)
D. WA AL ASHADU (AND I DECLARE)(POSITIVE ACTION)
E. ANNA MUHAMMAD ROSOOL-AL-ALLAH (THAT MOHAMMAD IS A MESSENGER OF ALLAH)(ANOTHER POSITIVE ACTION)
No one can have any ideology based on only negation, that is why no one is able to define what is atheism.
And no one will be able to build any society or any civilization based on negative thinking.
So please rake your brains and bring a definition of Atheism that has some thing positive in it, not jugglery of words.
Why will you not comment on:-

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10203 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
And Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms all previous religions and prophets.
Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms that Allah did sent His prophets and messengers and books and revelation to every past nations of the world.
Islam has much more POSITIVE attitude towards other religions than any other religion.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10204 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You are just trying to use "verbal jugglery" and trying to act like a funny way, just as drowning men grab straws.
To compare "Atheism" which is a "major system in the world" with Alien Life in Universe shows that you are comparing apples against oranges.
Why do you not admit that you "do not have a positive definition" of what Atheism is.
It is a negative definition that there is No God and there is No religion….. but what takes the place of God and religion in atheism, you have to declare that also.
PS:
If this is your level of arguments, then why do you not become Christian and "explain" Trinity in common language to the multitude"!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10205 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Disbelief is "willful rejection of truth, once one gets convinced of it" so it has both positive and negative actions in it.
And disbelievers reject a particular faith but stick to whatever faith their forefathers and society stick to.
It is totally different from Atheism, who reject God and religion and have nothing to fill it with.
That is why I said that atheists are most unreasonable and illogical people on the face of earth.

Since: May 11

UK

#10207 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, Islam does have a Negative as well as Positive element in its basic creed. Listen to this Basic Creed of Islam after saying this once becomes a Muslim:
B. AL LA ILAHA (THAT THEIR IS NO DEITY (WORTH WORSHIPPING)(DENIAL, A NEGATIVE ACT)
E. ANNA MUHAMMAD ROSOOL-AL-ALLAH (THAT MOHAMMAD IS A MESSENGER OF ALLAH)(ANOTHER POSITIVE ACTION)
No one can have any ideology based on only negation, that is why no one is able to define what is atheism.
And no one will be able to build any society or any civilization based on negative thinking.
So please rake your brains and bring a definition of Atheism that has some thing positive in it, not jugglery of words.
atheism is an ideology now?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#10208 May 3, 2013
I don't know where you got your definitions but they are incorrect.

Stop cowering Muq you shame Islam. What is the positive definition of infidel?
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Disbelief is "willful rejection of truth, once one gets convinced of it" so it has both positive and negative actions in it.

And disbelievers reject a particular faith but stick to whatever faith their forefathers and society stick to.

It is totally different from Atheism, who reject God and religion and have nothing to fill it with.

That is why I said that atheists are most unreasonable and illogical people on the face of earth.

Lexington, KY

#10209 May 3, 2013
Islam confirms Krishna, Buddha, Mitra, Zoroastrian?

Nope. It is a barbaric Arab religion created to give blood thirsty looters something to rally behind. It was spread by the sword as you have admitted and just as in ancient pagan Arabic religion days where you had Allah the moon god and his two goddess daughters you confessed in modern Islam you have Allah and his two goddess daughters!

So really you worship at least three of not more gods.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
MUQ wrote:
PS:

And Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms all previous religions and prophets.

Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms that Allah did sent His prophets and messengers and books and revelation to every past nations of the world.

Islam has much more POSITIVE attitude towards other religions than any other religion.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10210 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I can see now why you people can't maintain your own jet planes or locate, extract or refine your own oil. To obtain your level of religious zeal requires indoctrination that must preclude (almost) everything else. Your religion has made you a slave and a rather nasty one, all things considered.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10211 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
Islamists are commanded by their scripture to murder non-Islamists.

I don't call that a "positive attitude".

But maybe I'm too picky.

Location hidden

#10212 May 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
atheism is an ideology now?
Not just now - always has been.

Location hidden

#10213 May 3, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah I forgot, Islam the religion of peace :D Islam was spread through group hugs :D
The pitbull is a dog of peace.

Moderate Islamists don't want to kill westerners.

They just enjoy watching them die.

If Muslims didn't hate America, American liberals would hate them.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10214 May 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Islamists are commanded by their scripture to murder non-Islamists.
I don't call that a "positive attitude".
But maybe I'm too picky.
Same barbarity as the old testament.Which "loving" Jesus supported to the letter.

Lexington, KY

#10215 May 3, 2013
Some fatass has been watching Fox News again I see.

Did you shovel food down your throat at the buffet while the no spin zone was on fatty?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>The pitbull is a dog of peace.

Moderate Islamists don't want to kill westerners.

They just enjoy watching them die.

spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10216 May 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats strange logic. So you are saying liberals like Muslims cause they hate America? I am sure liberals and muslims hold diverse points of view over a range of things, so generalisations like this can be misguided.

Location hidden

#10217 May 3, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Same barbarity as the old testament.Which "loving" Jesus supported to the letter.
Incorrect.

Location hidden

#10218 May 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Some fatass has been watching Fox News again I see.
Did you shovel food down your throat at the buffet while the no spin zone was on fatty?
<quoted text>
A bit off point, ya think?

You are fatter than I am, by the way.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10219 May 3, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Please explain.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#10220 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not believing in things (unicorns, ogres, faeries, leprechauns, gods, etc.) that can't be supported with verifiable evidence IS a positive thing... unless of course your goal is to instill a faith based belief in someone else, then I can see how you would think it's a negative.

Location hidden

#10221 May 3, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>
Not believing in things (unicorns, ogres, faeries, leprechauns, gods, etc.) that can't be supported with verifiable evidence IS a positive thing... unless of course your goal is to instill a faith based belief in someone else, then I can see how you would think it's a negative.
Atheism IS a faith-based belief.

"‘Atheism’ means the negation of theism, the denial of the existence of God."
-Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

"Atheism is the position that affirms the nonexistence of God. It proposes positive belief rather than mere suspension of disbelief."
-Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy

"Atheism is to be distinguished from agnosticism, which leaves open the question of whether there is a god or not, professing to find the question unanswered or unanswerable; for the atheist, the nonexistence of God is a certainty."
-Encyclopedia Britannica

"In fact, atheism is an active belief that God doesn’t exist."
-Jonathan Safarti, PhD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr Eagle 12 2,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr Eagle 12 233,043
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 hr Morse 194
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 8 hr Morse 7
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 8 hr Morse 35
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 8 hr Morse 161
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Morse 1,450
More from around the web