Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10187 May 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd better double check your figures, you are in for a huge disappointment.
He must have been taught by the priests that negative means positive and vice-versa.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10188 May 2, 2013
I don't even see the judge it's on my iPhone so lol!
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Ezdit is probably the one "judging" your posts.
He sympathizes with pedophiles, did you know?
Thinking

London, UK

#10189 May 2, 2013
Bollocks.

Prove it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801
Carchar king wrote:
Christianity is growing faster than atheism, if you haven't noticed.
Know-It-All

United States

#10191 May 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think you do get it, bubba.
The State of California has legal jurisdiction over all Topix posters regardless of where you live, bubba.
Stalk me, harass me, or post any more of your filthy sick perverted sexual fantasies on this thread again and I will drive over to the San Jose Superior Court tomorrow morning, file for a TRO against you, then serve Topix with the court order to disclose all your personal information, including your real name, address, phone number, and ISP.
Now do you get it?
You sound pathetic, loser. Why don't go go fellate a shotgun or something?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10192 May 2, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound pathetic, loser. Why don't go go fellate a shotgun or something?
I think an apology is in order, that was simply uncalled for.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10193 May 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think you do get it, bubba.
The State of California has legal jurisdiction over all Topix posters regardless of where you live, bubba.
Stalk me, harass me, or post any more of your filthy sick perverted sexual fantasies on this thread again and I will drive over to the San Jose Superior Court tomorrow morning, file for a TRO against you, then serve Topix with the court order to disclose all your personal information, including your real name, address, phone number, and ISP.
Now do you get it?
Trust a theist troll to threaten you with a non-existent authority!

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#10194 May 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd better double check your figures, you are in for a huge disappointment.
Not necessarily. It's quite possible for Christianity to be growing faster than atheism in terms of raw numbers even while atheism is growing at a much faster rate when measured as a percentage of its current numbers or of the national or global population. All that is required for that to happen is for Christianity's current membership to be much larger than the subpopulation of atheists (it is) and for it to be growing at a much slower rate than that of the general population (it is) even though atheism is growing much faster by the latter measure (it is).

Oh, yes--and for the observer to be more than a little inept in math.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10195 May 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim: "Someone who does not believe in any other gods than the one mentioned in the Quran". Using your own reasoning that`s a negative.
Muslim: "Someone who does not eat bacon"...TOTALLY NEGATIVE!
If there was EVER something remotely approaching proof of a benevolent god it would be Maple Leaf Canadian Maple Cured Bacon.
You are wrong, Islam does have a Negative as well as Positive element in its basic creed. Listen to this Basic Creed of Islam after saying this once becomes a Muslim:

a. AL ASHADU :(I DECLARE)(POSITIVE ACTION)

B. AL LA ILAHA (THAT THEIR IS NO DEITY (WORTH WORSHIPPING)(DENIAL, A NEGATIVE ACT)

C. ILLA ALLAH (EXCEPT ALLAH)(A VERY POSITIVE ASSERTION)

D. WA AL ASHADU (AND I DECLARE)(POSITIVE ACTION)

E. ANNA MUHAMMAD ROSOOL-AL-ALLAH (THAT MOHAMMAD IS A MESSENGER OF ALLAH)(ANOTHER POSITIVE ACTION)

No one can have any ideology based on only negation, that is why no one is able to define what is atheism.

And no one will be able to build any society or any civilization based on negative thinking.

So please rake your brains and bring a definition of Atheism that has some thing positive in it, not jugglery of words.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10196 May 3, 2013
PS:

And Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms all previous religions and prophets.

Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms that Allah did sent His prophets and messengers and books and revelation to every past nations of the world.

Islam has much more POSITIVE attitude towards other religions than any other religion.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10197 May 3, 2013
Dude wrote:
01. Not at all. You simply misunderstand basic English language. Either that or you are deliberately dishonestly misrepresenting it.

02. For example - there is zero evidence of alien life at present. However since we've only explored the tiniest fraction of our universe it would be EXTREMELY premature to claim that aliens definitely do not exist. However, it would NOT be extremely premature to say that there's no reason to believe that there are or have been aliens on planet Earth. So while an X-Files nut can claim aliens have visited Earth, I can simply dismiss the claim due to a lack of evidence. HIS is the positive assertion that aliens have visited Earth. He can't back up his claim. Therefore it is NOT a POSITIVE claim to say that I lack a belief in the existence of alien visitation so have no reason to treat the claim as valid.
Ans.

You are just trying to use "verbal jugglery" and trying to act like a funny way, just as drowning men grab straws.

To compare "Atheism" which is a "major system in the world" with Alien Life in Universe shows that you are comparing apples against oranges.

Why do you not admit that you "do not have a positive definition" of what Atheism is.

It is a negative definition that there is No God and there is No religion….. but what takes the place of God and religion in atheism, you have to declare that also.

PS:

If this is your level of arguments, then why do you not become Christian and "explain" Trinity in common language to the multitude"!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10198 May 3, 2013
Lacez wrote:
So the definition of disbelief isn't the definition of disbelief?

Where did you get the idea that a definition has to be a positive?

You're half-right when you say "you can not have a system which is only based on negation" because atheism doesn't have a system.

You either believe in a god or you don't.
You're either a theist, or an atheist.

We need not anything to take the place of a god because there is no god, so there is nothing to replace.
Ans.

Disbelief is "willful rejection of truth, once one gets convinced of it" so it has both positive and negative actions in it.

And disbelievers reject a particular faith but stick to whatever faith their forefathers and society stick to.

It is totally different from Atheism, who reject God and religion and have nothing to fill it with.

That is why I said that atheists are most unreasonable and illogical people on the face of earth.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10199 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
It is totally different from Atheism, who reject God and religion and have nothing to fill it with.
Once you reject religion, the gap you fill it with is reality. You swop fantasy for reality. You may prefer comforting myths, that is your choice.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10200 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Islam has much more POSITIVE attitude towards other religions than any other religion.
Ah I forgot, Islam the religion of peace :D Islam was spread through group hugs :D
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10201 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>..and "explain" Trinity in common language to the multitude"!!
Islam is essentially unitarianism. The belief in one God. His encounters with Nestorian monks I suspect had a lot to do with the real founding of that religion.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10202 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, Islam does have a Negative as well as Positive element in its basic creed. Listen to this Basic Creed of Islam after saying this once becomes a Muslim:
B. AL LA ILAHA (THAT THEIR IS NO DEITY (WORTH WORSHIPPING)(DENIAL, A NEGATIVE ACT)
E. ANNA MUHAMMAD ROSOOL-AL-ALLAH (THAT MOHAMMAD IS A MESSENGER OF ALLAH)(ANOTHER POSITIVE ACTION)
No one can have any ideology based on only negation, that is why no one is able to define what is atheism.
And no one will be able to build any society or any civilization based on negative thinking.
So please rake your brains and bring a definition of Atheism that has some thing positive in it, not jugglery of words.
Why will you not comment on:-

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10203 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
And Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms all previous religions and prophets.
Islam is the ONLY religion in the world which confirms that Allah did sent His prophets and messengers and books and revelation to every past nations of the world.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10204 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You are just trying to use "verbal jugglery" and trying to act like a funny way, just as drowning men grab straws.
To compare "Atheism" which is a "major system in the world" with Alien Life in Universe shows that you are comparing apples against oranges.
Why do you not admit that you "do not have a positive definition" of what Atheism is.
It is a negative definition that there is No God and there is No religion….. but what takes the place of God and religion in atheism, you have to declare that also.
PS:
If this is your level of arguments, then why do you not become Christian and "explain" Trinity in common language to the multitude"!!

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10205 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Disbelief is "willful rejection of truth, once one gets convinced of it" so it has both positive and negative actions in it.
And disbelievers reject a particular faith but stick to whatever faith their forefathers and society stick to.
That is why I said that atheists are most unreasonable and illogical people on the face of earth.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#10207 May 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
atheism is an ideology now?

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10208 May 3, 2013
I don't know where you got your definitions but they are incorrect.

Stop cowering Muq you shame Islam. What is the positive definition of infidel?
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Into The Night 15,760
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aura Mytha 255,922
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 26 min DanFromSmithville 40,293
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Into The Night 185
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr woodtick57 20,580
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr gin ertz 3,745
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 8 hr emperorjohn 4,627
More from around the web