Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10144 May 1, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really believe what you posted above is what Jesus taught, you need to get some help from a mental health professional. Your cheese has done slid off your cracker, bubba.....
First of all, I don't believe that, that particular myth-god ever existed, but let's assume that you do.

Don't get your panties all in a twist sister, read your buybull. There seems to be quite a bit you don't know about your savior on a stick, "the Rabbi Jayzus". Here in these threads, I promise that it will be the non-believer (atheist, for your purposes) who will offer you enlightenment.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10145 May 1, 2013
In your last post you defend Jesus and his teachings, this post you deny them.

You really need to figure out what lie you want to go with and stick to it okay?

But for laughs, what god do you believe in?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Not even close, bubba

Let me guess....you're an atheist zionist?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10149 May 1, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a promise, not a threat, bubba.
FYI The folks at Perverted Justice.com aka Justice for Perverts have step-by-step instructions for how to identify, expose and get rid of these sicko internet perverts. They've been averaging a conviction every four days against internet perverts for the last five years.
Then you and MUQ need to be more careful, don't you?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10150 May 1, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
... And yet quantum physicists, including Bohr, Heisenberg and Wigner, concluded after exhaustive scientific experiments that consciousness, i.e. thoughts causes quantum state reduction, that consciousness, i.e. thoughts collapses wave function.
Hogwash.

Texas, USA

#10151 May 1, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, bubba, have “they” developed any instruments that can detect love? What about compassion? How about mercy? Courage? Justice?
No?
According to your logic that means that since things like love, compassion, mercy, etc, are “100% undetectable” by any instruments they are therefore “nonexistent” and should be dismissed as just ”idiotic ideas”.
LOL
They are all Human qualities that have developed along with us. They are detected and measured by your fellow Man, the other members of the society you inhabit. It's clear that different societies assign differing weights and interpretations to these attributes. Some, such as 'compassion' or 'mercy' are societal luxury items while others are necessary ingredients. I suppose you believe these are all 'gifts' instilled in us by your deity. I say they would exist to some degree in all social animals, we have amplified them to nobility status by virtue of our intellect ... which is a 'gift' evolution has bestowed upon us to compensate for our lack of speed, strength, fangs or claws.

Texas, USA

#10152 May 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be "free of theism", then describe your beliefs on theism.
That's self-contradictory.
Then you claim as fact that no god exists, which is by definition a "belief", as such knowledge cannot be reached by human means.
You are, therefore, claiming omniscience.
Since humans are not omniscient, you are claiming to be a god.
Therefore, gods would have to exist.
So tell us, ReasonPetrified, are you a god or a liar?
Wow. Not much at judging character, are you Mr Buck? I consider Reason Personified one of the noblest among us, doubly so now, considering how deep her submersion in the morass of religion.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#10153 May 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think you do get it, bubba.
The State of California has legal jurisdiction over all Topix posters regardless of where you live, bubba.
Stalk me, harass me, or post any more of your filthy sick perverted sexual fantasies on this thread again and I will drive over to the San Jose Superior Court tomorrow morning, file for a TRO against you, then serve Topix with the court order to disclose all your personal information, including your real name, address, phone number, and ISP.
Now do you get it?
Another christian fantasist lawyer.

...JURISDICTION.

"Hello Mr Judge, I am anonymous poster on a website called topix and another anonymous poster is saying things I don`t like can I have his personal details please?"

"Hello Mr Plaintiff, so you were anonyomous and now you want to forego your anonymity to ask the court to provide a court order which has no legal standing in California where this court does not have jurisdiction because someone on a website who cannot personally identify you other than your online persona has said things which you do not like...did I get that right?"

"Yes Mr Judge, that`s right"

"Can you tell me what your pecuniary and non pecuniary losses were as a result of these postings and the substantial harm done to your personal reputation as a result of these postings?"

"Well...none really, they just make me mad".

"Mr Plaintiff, have you ever received medical attention for mental illness......"

"Your Honour...I plead the 5th"

"Mr Plaintiff, no one knew who you were and by filing here you have voluntarily given up your anonymity. My court has no Jurisdiction in California and you may plead the 5th...but the poster with whom you have issues is sure to plead the 1st if there`s a Judge who will hear you. If you have the financial muscle to fund an interstate case which is for the most part...trivia, my son has recently passed the bar and could use the billable hours, he has expensive tastes...Clerk of the Court, what`s next on the docket.....you can leave now,"

"BURN IN HELL YOU FAKE JEW, YOU STOLE ISRAEL....there`s blood in your crackers!....YOU`RE not Yehudim....you`re not Yehudiiimmmm*sobs*

"Bailiff take this fruitloop down, I`m holding him in contempt....and I want a psych-eval`....".

"It`s the SYNAGOGUE OF SATAAAAAAAAAANNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnn ....."

"Must be a full moon...next case..."

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10154 May 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...JURISDICTION.
"Hello Mr Judge, I am anonymous poster on a website called topix and another anonymous poster is saying things I don`t like can I have his personal details please?"
"Hello Mr Plaintiff, so you were anonyomous and now you want to forego your anonymity to ask the court to provide a court order which has no legal standing in California where this court does not have jurisdiction because someone on a website who cannot personally identify you other than your online persona has said things which you do not like...did I get that right?"
"Can you tell me what your pecuniary and non pecuniary losses were as a result of these postings and the substantial harm done to your personal reputation as a result of these postings?"
"Mr Plaintiff, have you ever received medical attention for mental illness......"
"Mr Plaintiff, no one knew who you were and by filing here you have voluntarily given up your anonymity. My court has no Jurisdiction in California and you may plead the 5th...but the poster with whom you have issues is sure to plead the 1st if there`s a Judge who will hear you. If you have the financial muscle to fund an interstate case which is for the most part...trivia, my son has recently passed the bar and could use the billable hours, he has expensive tastes...Clerk of the Court, what`s next on the docket.....you can leave now,"
"BURN IN HELL YOU FAKE JEW, YOU STOLE ISRAEL....there`s blood in your crackers!....YOU`RE not Yehudim....you`re not Yehudiiimmmm*sobs*
"Bailiff take this fruitloop down, I`m holding him in contempt....and I want a psych-eval`....".
I always find it funny when a godbot comes here, spews their BS and hate and then complain about their treatment.

Nottingham, UK

#10155 May 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I always find it funny when a godbot comes here, spews their BS and hate and then complain about their treatment.
When you take a x-stain to task they call it bigotry, but their religiously motivated perverted diatribes are constitutionally protected free speech...ever noticed that? LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10156 May 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Like I said, tattered old strawmen laced with stinky red herrings garnished with ad hominem vomitus sauce is all you anti-theist trolls got.
Thanks for supporting and proving my point, trolls......
Theist liars with no proof of god who don't know when to stop talking about their hallucinations.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10157 May 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
When you take a x-stain to task they call it bigotry, but their religiously motivated perverted diatribes are constitutionally protected free speech...ever noticed that? LOL
Yes, I believe the word is hypocrisy.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10158 May 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't even an atheist, and you're trying to tell atheists what atheism is.
What is it according to you?
Because according to what it actually is is simply the disbelief in a deity.
Disbelief in a deity is again a negative action.

Please define what is Atheism and who is an atheist.

It should be a positive definition. Saying that atheist is one who REJECTS all religion is again a negative action.

You can not have a system which is only based on negation, you have to have an assertion also.

If there is no God, then who or what has taken His place?

Be positive, be brave, do not feel shy.

Define what is Atheism and who is an Atheist!!

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10159 May 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be a positive definition. Saying that atheist is one who REJECTS all religion is again a negative action.
You can not have a system which is only based on negation, you have to have an assertion also.
Well if it isn't gutless wounder who will not comment on:-

So how many girls have you stoned to death?

Nottingham, UK

#10160 May 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim: "Someone who does not believe in any other gods than the one mentioned in the Quran". Using your own reasoning that`s a negative.

Muslim: "Someone who does not eat bacon"...TOTALLY NEGATIVE!

If there was EVER something remotely approaching proof of a benevolent god it would be Maple Leaf Canadian Maple Cured Bacon.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#10161 May 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...JURISDICTION.
Hilarious

Who handled your case ? Pro Bono?

Satan's lawyers: Dewey, Cheatum and Howe

Location hidden

#10162 May 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanity, wellness, a cure from hallucinations, mental wellness.

Basically god has never existed, so all this turmoil is all in your own head.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#10163 May 2, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Emotional responses like fear, anxiety, pleasure, etc. are "effects" which can be stimulated artificially and detected on brain scans. Your presumption that love is merely an emotional response indicates you're confusing lust with love.
I disagree, however then if you want to claim that love is not a biologically measurable emotion then I already addressed this by pointing out that it is therefore an abstract concept, no more scientifically detectable than "adventure".
ezdzit wrote:
And yet quantum physicists, including Bohr, Heisenberg and Wigner, concluded after exhaustive scientific experiments that consciousness, i.e. thoughts causes quantum state reduction, that consciousness, i.e. thoughts collapses wave function. Are you saying you are right and science is wrong?
LOL
No, I'm saying that science is right and you are wrong. The only problem with QM is that many fundies and cranks claim it is "evidence" of whatever BS they care to mention, be it God, UFO's, alt-med woo, psychic powers, whatever. You are merely just another one of those cranks misunderstanding complex science and pretending it somehow supports the existence of your favourite invisible magical Jewish wizard. In actuality however, according to our resident Polymath who has had actual training in quantum physics, decoherence theory removes the need for anthropomorphism. Since he posts on these boards often I suggest you bring up the subject with him and he will gladly tell you all about it.

Of course if we say for the sake of argument that you WEREN'T drastically misunderstanding quantum theory, I could also claim that the requirement of an intelligent observer to collapse wave-function is due to the Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog and that would be every bit as valid. That's the problem when fundies start claiming science supports non-falsifiable concepts. It simply does not. Of course since the scientific community ACCEPT biological evolution, a concept you reject for theological reasons, might I point out the EXTREME irony of you making an appeal to scientific authority over a concept which you claim is "accepted science" while simultaneously rejecting scientific theories commonly accepted by mainsteam academia.

Location hidden

#10164 May 2, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, however then if you want to claim that love is not a biologically measurable emotion then I already addressed this by pointing out that it is therefore an abstract concept, no more scientifically detectable than "adventure".
Wrong its a chemical reaction (like all feelings) and can be measured in a lab very definitely.

love lasts for about 3 years on average, its very real and is proven by science through biology and chemistry if you go into it (most people won't because they are lazy and would prefer to read stuff that supports their own views).

Next apologist point to crush?

Location hidden

#10165 May 2, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, I'm saying that science is right and you are wrong. The only problem with QM is that many fundies and cranks claim it is "evidence" of whatever BS they care to mention, be it God, UFO's, alt-med woo, psychic powers, whatever. You are merely just another one of those cranks misunderstanding complex science and pretending it somehow supports the existence of your favourite invisible magical Jewish wizard. In actuality however, according to our resident Polymath who has had actual training in quantum physics, decoherence theory removes the need for anthropomorphism. Since he posts on these boards often I suggest you bring up the subject with him and he will gladly tell you all about it.
Of course if we say for the sake of argument that you WEREN'T drastically misunderstanding quantum theory, I could also claim that the requirement of an intelligent observer to collapse wave-function is due to the Cosmic Sheep from Dimension Zog and that would be every bit as valid. That's the problem when fundies start claiming science supports non-falsifiable concepts. It simply does not. Of course since the scientific community ACCEPT biological evolution, a concept you reject for theological reasons, might I point out the EXTREME irony of you making an appeal to scientific authority over a concept which you claim is "accepted science" while simultaneously rejecting scientific theories commonly accepted by mainsteam academia.
most people who drop quantum mechanics into a conversation don't know what the f*ck their are talking about. fact.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#10166 May 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Not at all. You simply misunderstand basic English language. Either that or you are deliberately dishonestly misrepresenting it.

For example - there is zero evidence of alien life at present. However since we've only explored the tiniest fraction of our universe it would be EXTREMELY premature to claim that aliens definitely do not exist. However, it would NOT be extremely premature to say that there's no reason to believe that there are or have been aliens on planet Earth. So while an X-Files nut can claim aliens have visited Earth, I can simply dismiss the claim due to a lack of evidence. HIS is the positive assertion that aliens have visited Earth. He can't back up his claim. Therefore it is NOT a POSITIVE claim to say that I lack a belief in the existence of alien visitation so have no reason to treat the claim as valid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min DanFromSmithville 35,016
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 14 min superwilly 3,705
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 15 min An NFL Fan 20,085
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 58 min ChristineM 14,939
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 4 hr Thinking 153
There are no such things as gods or fairies 5 hr Amused 102
Majority of Scots now have no religion 5 hr Amused 163
More from around the web